在梅纳德太太的床边。
At Mrs. Machinard’s bedside.
佩罗斯普,右边的房♥间。谢谢你!
Prosper, it’s the room on the right. Thank you.
菩提要启动发电机了。
Protée’s starting the generator.
佩罗斯普是我们所有人的医生。
Prosper treated us all.
所以我们会得救的,达伦。
So we’re saved, Dalens.
我们会得救的。
We’re saved.
这是不可能的,达伦。
It isn’t possible, Dalens.
没有其他人可以治疗她了吗?
Have you no one else who can treat her?
你是认真的吗,麦纳德?
Are you serious, Machinard?
-我要走了,先生。-我陪你走
– I’m leaving, sir. – I’ll walk you.
我不介意,但我妻子需要一个真正的医生。
I wouldn’t mind, but my wife needs a real doctor.
我同情你。
I pity you.
明天一早车就来。
The car’s coming early tomorrow.
你很快就会到永德了
You’ll be in Yaoundé soon.
肮脏的黑鬼!
Dirty nigger!
你是医生?
You’re a doctor?
你连给白人擦屁♥股♥的资格都没有。
You’re not good enough to wipe a white man’s ass.
我理解,米莉艾尔。
Well, I understand, Mireille.
这就是跟他们说话的方式。
That’s the way to speak to them.
好吧,好吧。
All right, all right.
放开他,塞伽兰。
Leave him alone, Segalen.
哦,我忘了那个循环的东西。
Oh, I forgot the loop-the-loop king.
你真让我恶心。
You make me sick.
安德烈,我感觉不舒服。
André, I don’t feel well.
如果不是被指控做了最糟糕的事。
One can’t say a word
是讲不出来一句话的。
without being accused of the worst things.
不错的三重奏,达伦!你,你妻子,还有那个寄生虫。
A nice trio, Dalens! You, your wife, and the parasite.
我只是在讨论事情!
I’m just discussing!
好了,够了。
All right, that’s enough.
佩罗斯普,他是所有女人追求的男人
Prosper, yop-la-boom, he’s the man all the ladies seek
佩罗斯普,他是街头之王
Prosper, yop-la-boom, he’s the king of the street
总有一天,我们会被赶出这里。
One day, we’ll get kicked out of here.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
你不该在这里洗澡。
This is the boys’ shower.
菩提
Protée…
你真讨厌。
you’re a pain.
艾米,这是世界上最漂亮的浴室。
Aimée, it’s the most beautiful bathroom in the world.
在法语中,大多数以e结尾的单词
In French, most words ending in “e”
是女性化的词。
are feminine.
然而,一些男性词汇以不发音的“e”结尾。
However, some masculine words end in a silent “e.”
去吧,菩提。
Go ahead, Protée.
我不守斋月。
I don’t observe Ramadan.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
老板让我告诉你杜阿♥拉♥来的卡车到了。
The boss said to tell you the truck from Douala is here.
是飞机。
It’s the propeller.
我们走吧。
Let’s go.
亲爱的达伦等不及让我们走了。
Our dear Dalens can’t wait until we leave.
跑道快完工了……
The runway is almost finished…
但是让我指出……
but let me point out…
如果今年降雨稍早的话……
that if the rains are slightly early this year…
我们至少要再等四个月。
we’re back to square one for at least 4 months.
菩提,请把水果拿来。
Protée, please bring the fruit.
分一半吗?
A half?
好的。
Gladly.
倾听夜晚的声音。仔细倾听。
Listen to the night sounds. Listen carefully.
这是致命的。
It’s deadly.
不要太夸张。
Don’t exaggerate.
艾米……
Aimée…
我决定不再和你的客人一起吃饭了。
I’ve decided not to eat with your guests anymore.
你以为我喜欢蹲在伊诺克之间,他絮絮叨叨,
You think I enjoy squatting between Enoch, who rambles on,
还有那个撅着嘴的菩提?
and Protée, who pouts?
菩提,我说的对吗?
Right, Protée?
我在这里让你不舒服了。
Say it bothers you that I’m here.
没有?
No?
嗯…
Well…
我想他是哑巴。
I think he’s mute.
实际上,艾米……
Actually, Aimée…
你想在我这里,离菩提更近一点。
you’d like to be in my place, rubbing against Protée.
来吧,我给你腾地方。
Come, I’ll make room for you.
不用吗?
No?
夫人?
Madame?
谢谢你,菩提。我什么都不需要。
Thank you, Protée. I don’t need anything.
走吧,别烦我。
Beat it. Leave me alone.
要我再说一遍吗,你这个狗♥娘♥养♥的?
Must I repeat it, you son of a bitch?
怎么啦?你不喜欢吗?
What? You don’t like it?
滚蛋!去拍你老板的马屁吧。
Fuck off! Go lick the boots of your bosses.
你比抚养你长大的牧师还坏。
You’re worse than the priests who raised you.
你还想知道地平线是什么吗?
You still want to know what the horizon is?
你睡着了吗?
Are you asleep?
当你看山的时候……
When you look at the hills…
越过房♥屋,越过树木……
beyond the houses and beyond the trees…
在地球与天空接触的地方……
where the earth touches the sky…
这就是地平线。
that’s the horizon.
明天白天,我给你看样东西。
Tomorrow, in the daytime, I’ll show you something.
你越接近这条线,它就移♥动♥得越远。
The closer you get to that line, the farther it moves.
如果你走向它,它就会远离你。
If you walk towards it, it moves away.
它会逃离你。
It flees from you.
我必须向你说明白。
I must also explain this to you.
你看到那条线。
You see the line.
你看到它,但它并不存在。
You see it, but it doesn’t exist.
你想要一些巧克力吗?
Do you want some chocolate?
不,时候太早了。
No, too early.
谢谢你,菩提。
Thank you, Protée.
你在这啊。
You’re here.
卢克走了吗?
Luc left?
是吗?
Yes?
是的,他走了。
Yes, he left.
什么都不说?
Without saying anything?
你为什么不叫醒我?
Why didn’t you wake me up?
你总是身在局中,马克。
You always get taken in, Marc.
我宁愿菩提别在家里工作了。
I’d rather Protée stopped working in the house.
把他放在你喜欢的地方……别的地方。
Put him where you like… somewhere else.
菩提很好啊。
Protée’s very good.
求你了,马克。
Please, Marc.
他去车♥库♥工作吧。
He’ll work in the garage.
它很烫吗?
Does it burn?
艾米。
Aimée.
祝你旅途愉快。
Have a good trip.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
再见,达伦。
Good-bye, Dalens.
不,不合适。看到门的大小了吗?
No, it’ll never fit. See the size of my door?
我们走吧。准备出发。忘了风琴吧。
Let’s go. All aboard. Forget the organ.
你们两个。把这东西挪开。它挡道了。
You two. Move this thing. It’s in the way.
我们走吧!
Let’s go!
我会回来的。
I’ll come back.
我儿子的名字叫萨瓦。他妈妈是萨瓦人。
My son’s name is Sawa. His mother’s a Sawa.
我是芒戈。
I’m Mungo.
芒戈是他们给我起的外号♥。
Mungo is a nickname they gave me here.
我的真名是威廉·J·帕克。
My real name is William J. Park.
我是美国黑人。
I’m an American negro.
你不失望吗?
You’re not disappointed?
你是在找一个真正的本地人吗?
Were you looking for a real native?
你儿子睡着了。他坐在后面会更舒服。
Your son’s asleep. He’d be more comfortable in the back.
你介意吗?
Do you mind?
我要一杯芬达。
I want a Fanta.
好吧,伙计,我们停下来喝一杯。
OK, man, we’ll stop for one.
我还记得我到达非洲的那一天。
I remember the day I arrived in Africa.
我完全醉了。
I was totally drunk.
在海关,我想亲吻那些官员,我的兄弟们。
In customs, I felt like kissing the officers, my brothers.
我告诉自己……
I told myself…