法国哲学家及作家
倒带重放
卡罗尔·迪尔登 校长
乔治·奥威尔在1984年出版的小说
致亨利
家长来访夜
爱伦·坡 美国诗人 小说家和文学评论家
选自爱伦·坡的哥特式小说《厄舍府的倒塌》
超脱
别让人进来
Let’s um, let’s not have people coming in,
就这些人吧
I’d like to do this with anybody in here.
大家都散开行吗
Could everybody split?
别都挤在这 谢谢
And not to be here. Thanks.
-我们也可以… -再锁上门
– Maybe we can keep… – And close the door.
-不让门口站人 -锁上行吗
– Keep people away from the door… – Lock it. Is all good?
行 谢谢
Yep. Thank you.
我从未如此深刻地感受到
“And Never Have I Felt so Deeply at One And the Same Time”
与灵魂相距甚远
“So Detached From Myself
而我的存在却如此真实 阿尔贝·加缪
and so Present in The World” – Albert Camus.
致亨利
“For Henry”.
上学的时候 我成绩不好
I wasn’t good in school.
我不关心学校
I didn’t care for school.
其实我那时候
Um… It was a nice socially
也交了些朋友
based on my own experience.
但我基本上还是独来独往
But I kind of just went along…
起初我选的是音乐系
I started of the Music Major.
我会成为摇滚明星
I’ll be Rock-n-road Star.
但是天不遂人愿
But that didn’t quite worked out.
1985年
In 1985.
格洛里亚飓风期间
During the hurricane, hurricane Gloria.
我乘火车进城工作
I was taking an train into the city to work.
去的路上
I was… I gone to work
跟我刚开始当老师的姐夫
and I was on the phone with my brother-in-law
打着电♥话♥
who… he had just started teaching.
他说学校放假了
He said that he was off from school.
等等
Now, wait a second,
你因为飓风不用去学校 而我正往城里奔
you’re off from school for hurricane, I am going to the city….
去写♥字♥楼♥上班吗
to work in the office building?
真是个肥差
It’s an pretty good game, right.
我母亲是一名教师
My mother was an teacher.
我从小就
I knew it without an shadow of a doubt
清清楚楚地知道
from my early childhood
我绝对不会当老师
that the one job, I would never do is becoming an teacher.
不管这差使条件有多优越
Never ever I would take the top-cards on a “Turn plate”.
我都会坚持
I’ll be reshuffled anything
选其他的工作
rather than become an teacher.
我是为了实现自我价值
And I decided to be a teacher
才当老师的
because I wanted to do something with my life besides
本来我给一家公♥司♥
what I was doing which I was driving a truck
开卡车 后来
for a company. And,
我决定再做出点成绩
I decided that I want to do a little better for myself,
就回到学校去教书
so I started teaching a little bit, I went back to school.
那年我三十七岁
I was at age of 37.
我的一个大学同学
A friend of mine from the College,
他姨妈是
his aunt was the …
纽约州新泽西市女子学院的校长
Principle of the “All-girls” in the city school in New York New Jersey.
他们急缺老师
They were desperate for teachers.
正合我意 我可以去干一年
So I thought “Great”, I can do this for a year.
省得我爸让我找个干一辈子的工作
It will keep my father for making me an job for prudential.
一年时间够我做职业规划了
And then I’ll figure it out what I want to do.
他们叫我去面试
Well they called up for asking me on an interview.
稀里糊涂就得到了这份
And I happened to get the job,
在皇后区一所初中教书的工作
at a Junior High school in Queens.
结果我
And I ended up…
一干就是三十年
starring it my… what’s now… my 30 years.
这里大多数的老师一度
Most of the teachers here at one point,
都曾笃信
they believed
他们能有所作为
that they could make a difference.
我知道
I know how important it is to…
去引导和帮助他人
have guidance and to have…
了解人世中复杂的事物
someone help you to understand the complexities
有多重要 我其实没有
of the world that we live in. I didn’t really
真正长大
have that… growing up.
我就是钱
I am money.
我被文明人抢来抢去
I change hands like a dollar bill that’s been robbed by the lamb
一名智者从天而降
and a genius appeared and cried loudly
大声地哭了起来
with volume.
可眼泪却从我的身体流出
But the tears were of myself
一切不幸从此发端
and that’s where all went wrong.
鲁北 我是马图尔主任
Hi, Lubei, Dean Marthur’s here.
我病了 今天不去了
I’m sick and I won’t be coming in today,
好吗
alright?
有话直说 哈沃德博士 我还得迎接参观团呢
Get to the point, Dr. Harward. I have a school tour, alright?
过去三年全州均分下降了
The state score’s going down for last three years.
-你不是有意… -别装糊涂
– You’re not deliberately… – Don’t pretend you know the game,
你把我们学校作为
You “Ink-mark” my school as
垃圾学生收♥容♥所♥
the transfer dump for the worst kids in the descant.
孩子们有受教育的权力 不对吗
kids deserve an education. Don’t you agree?
你没事找事 浪费我的时间
I agree your jerking loafer is wasting my time.
有话直说 哈沃德博士
Get to the point, Dr. Harward…
我们需要能唤醒良知的教育者
We need an concience builders.
运用新的方法
A new methodology.
腐♥败♥的系统
The corruptize system.
不 我们在清理门户
No, we’re cleaning house.
考察人员觉得你该退到二线了
Supervisor-attendence feel that it’s time you step down.
宝贝 你很有胆量
Babe, you got some fucking nerve
敢到我的地盘跋扈
come into my yard with the heart your fucking self.
卡罗尔 你也曾是教育者
Carol, there was a time when you were an educator.
你曾受人敬仰
You were very well-respected.
我们想让你功成身退
We want you go out on top.
都坐下 闭嘴 好了
Everybody, sit down and shut up, alright?
开始选班委
Start to pulling out the referrals!
坐下
Sit!
坐下
Sit down!
我要开始放碟了
I am starting the DVD!
我要开始放碟了
I am starting the DVD!
-称呼你巴特还是巴特斯呢 -巴特
– Barth or Barthes? – Barth.
-巴特先生 -是的 女士
– Mr. Barth. – Yes madam.
巴特 亨利先生
Mr. Barth Henry.
你之前一直在拉克亚瑟学校
So you’ve been taking an long term assignments at the…
长♥期♥任职
“Lark & Arthur”.
那个不入流的学校
The Fringe.
就是这么回事
Ah that’s what it worked out.
试用期一个月
This is an a-month-long assignment
到期后转为正式教师
Until I can fill it permanently.
我找你来是因为
I asked to meet with you because you come
他们在推荐信里对你推崇备至
highly recommended at this best sub on the whole sheet.
看来我真是有贵人相助啊
This is someone who do me an endorsement.
没错 巴特先生
I agree, Mr. Barth.
你会发现许多学生
You’ll find many of your
与年级水平相差甚远
students functionally well below the grade level.
你的任务就是让他们赶上来
That is your task is trying to get them caught up.
按教学大纲来教
Teach the curriculum,
这是最重要的
most importantly.
明白吗
Understood?
-早上好 -早上好
– Good morning. – Good morning.
我是巴特先生
I’m Mr. Barth.
你们很多都不知道这是十一年级英语上吧
Lots of you haven’t heard this is English 11 A.
-对 -是啊
– Yes. – Yeah.
听着 我有一条规矩
Listen up, I have one rule.
就一条
Just one.
不想待在这儿
If you don’t want to be here.
就别来
Don’t come.
哥们 那是什么意思
Dude, what does that mean?
我不是哥们 叫我巴特先生

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章迫降航班
下一篇文章蓝色茉莉
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!