真的不可能
It’s just not possible.
你得想办法忘掉这一切
And you gotta find a way to forget about all this.
忘掉?
Forget?
你办得到吗?
And you can do that?
(2月23日)
(独♥立♥求生第15天)
(奥勒冈州 奥斯托利亚)
杰瑞 我是凯蒂
Hey, Jer. It’s Kate.
已经一星期了 只是想知道你到家没
It’s been a week. Just checking if you’re home yet.
再见
Bye.
杰瑞 又是我凯蒂 请回电
Jer, it’s Kate again. Call me back. Bye.
(3月30日)
(独♥立♥求生第50天)
(奥斯托利亚 独木舟冒险世界)
过来
Over here.
请记得大海变化莫测
All right, the ocean has a mind of its own.
所以要尊重海洋 保持警戒
So respect the ocean. Stay alert.
现在像这样拿桨 双手握住
Now, go on ahead and take the paddle like this, in both hands.
很好
There you go.
桨要平衡 交替划桨
We’re gonna do an even paddle, alternating blades.
像那样
Like that.
艾尔 请你接手一下
Hey, Al, will you take over for me?
你到这来做什么?
Hey, what are you doing here?
我听说杰瑞·薛普在儿童泳池工作
Somebody told me Jerry Shepard was working at the kiddie pool.
我说不可能 我一定要来亲眼瞧瞧
I said, “No way. I have to see that for myself.”
你就是专程来笑我的?
ls that why you’re here? You’re here to mock me?
我其实只是司机 有人想见你
I’m the chauffeur. Somebody else wanted to see you.
布兰蒂 来看杰瑞
Brandy! Come here. Go see Jerry!

Wow.
看谁长大又变漂亮了 -她也很聪明 就像你说的
Look who’s all grown up and beautiful. -She’s smart too. Just like you said.
是吗? 我看你训练的好不好?
ls she? Let’s see how well she’s got you trained, then.
去捡回来
Go get it!
她看来很棒
She’s looking good.
我还是不知道你到这做什么
But I’m still not sure what you’re doing here.
你没回我电♥话♥ 我有点担心
Come on. You didn’t return my calls. I got worried.
我一直很忙 -看得出来
I’ve been busy. -Oh, yeah, I can see that.
你呢? 最近在做什么?
What about you? What have you been up to?
没什么 目前有个对象
Nothing much. I’m seeing somebody.
真的? -对
Really. -Yeah, I mean,
我和他交往没多久 但我蛮喜欢他的
I’m not seeing him for long, but I kind of like him.
他跟我们完全不同 喜欢动脑
He’s such the opposite of us. A complete head guy.
他是个工程师
He’s an engineer.
修火车的吗?
Like on a train?
闭嘴
Shut up.
好 -乖女孩
Yeah. -Good girl.
布兰蒂 去
Go, Brandy!
听说你退出麦金利山探险队
So I heard you pulled yourself off the McKinley expedition.
我知道丢下那些狗让你很难过
Listen, I know leaving the dogs was hard for you.
事情就是那样 没什么好讲的
Well, it is what it is. There’s really nothing to talk about.
没什么好讲? 杰瑞 拜托
Nothing to talk about? Jerry, come on.
我不想谈这件事
I don’t want to talk about it.
杰瑞 你不能一直躲在这儿
You can’t just keep hiding out here, Jerry.
拜托 租独木舟给小孩?
I mean, come on. Renting kayaks to nine-year-olds?
不然我该做什么?
Well, what am I supposed to do then, huh?
也许你能帮帮我 因为我再也不确定了
Maybe you can help me out or something ’cause I’m not sure anymore.
你知道你该做什么吗? 不要自责 放过自己
You know what you’re supposed to do? Let yourself off the hook.
那并不表示你必须忘记
It doesn’t mean that you have to forget.
(敏多雪橇狗中心)
懂狗的人他一闻就知道
He knows a dog person when he smells one.
敏多
Hey, Mindo.
你好吗? 旅途顺利吧? -对 还不错
How you doing? Easy trip? -Yeah, it wasn’t bad.
很感谢你肯见我 -我的荣幸
Appreciate you seeing me. -My pleasure.
你是家族的一份子
You’re part of the family.
我猜你会想要这个
Here. I thought you’d like to have this.
谢了 进来吧
Thanks. Come on in.
你是来道歉的吗?
So, you came to apologize, hmm?
我知道…
I just knew…
我知道他们是你养大的
I just knew that you raised ’em.
你不必跟我道歉 重点不是道歉
You don’t have to apologize to me. It’s not about being sorry for anything.
不然是什么?
What is it then?
我年轻时
Back when I was a young man,
我老爸带着雪橇狗队到育空
my father ran a team of sled dogs up in the Yukon.
有一年夏天他带六只狗进森林
One summer he was out in the bush walking with six of them.
他们遇到一只年轻的大灰熊
They came across a grizzly bear. Young, but big.
他痛击我爸 差点要了他的命
The first thing he did was maul my father within an inch of his life.
等他醒来 看到其中两只狗
When he came to, he saw that two of his dogs
为了救他而送命 其他的都跑掉了
had been killed trying to save him. The rest were gone.
等他恢复体力 就去找他的狗
When he regained his strength, he went out looking for his dogs.
他说这是应该的
He said he had to.
知道我为何讲这故事吗?
You know why I told you this story?
因为我没去找我的狗
Because I won’t find my dogs.
这个故事跟狗无关 而是我父亲
The story’s not about the dogs. It’s about my father
尊敬那些狗为他所做的
honoring what the dogs had done for him.
杰瑞 重要的是
Jerry, what’s important
去找到真正能让你心安的办法
is finding that one thing that will truly put your heart at rest.
(敬邀您参加1993年 国家科学奖颁奖典礼)
(6月21日)
(独♥立♥求生第133天)
现在
And now…
各位先生女士 请跟我一起
And now, ladies and gentlemen, please join with me
欢迎这位在五个月前
in welcoming and honoring the man who five months ago
从南极带回第一个水星陨石的
brought back from Antarctica the first documented Mercury meteorite,
戴维斯·麦克伦博士
Dr. Davis McClaren.
恭喜你 -谢谢
Congratulations. -Thank you.
谢谢各位 我要感谢一些人
Thank you very much. There are several people I wish to thank,
首先 最重要的是我的家人
but first and most important, my family,
我儿子艾力克和内人伊芙·麦克伦博士
my son, Eric, and my wife, Dr. Eve McClaren,
感谢她耐心的等待 我从世界各地探险回来
for her patience as I travel around the world on these expeditions,
有很多次探险 还可以说是漫无目的
many of which could be better described as wild-goose chases.
我也要感谢学校持续的支持
Um, I’d like to thank the university for its continued support.
我也要花点时间
I’d also like to take a moment
感谢科学基金会基地的整个团队
to thank the entire team at the NSF base,
没有他们 这个发现…
without whom this discovery
和我这位科学家就无法回家
and this scientist would not have made it home.
谢了 恕我失陪
Thanks. Thanks. Excuse me one second.
谢了 -谢谢 嘿
Thanks. -Yeah, thanks. Hey.
他来了 -麻烦你 威士忌加冰
There he is. -Yeah. Scotch, rocks, please.
大人物 恭喜你
The man of the hour. Congratulations.
我很高兴你能到场 我不太确定你会不会来
Well, I’m glad you could make it. I wasn’t sure you were gonna come down.
是啊
Yeah.
你知道 关于…
You know, about that…
上回我去看你时
Last time I saw you,
我试着把我的问题加在你身上 我不该那么做的
I tried to make my problems yours. I shouldn’t have done that.
但我很难接受 我无法回去接那些狗
But it was hard to accept that I couldn’t get back to the dogs.
现在你有何打算?
So, where are you with all of that?
Uh…
我今晚要去纽西兰
Actually, I’m heading to New Zealand later on tonight.
你找到办法回去了?
So, you found a way back down?
算是吧 我会先到基♥督♥城
Part of the way. I’ll make it to Christchurch
在那边待久了通常会遇到要往南的船
and if you hang out there long enough, usually you can find a ride south.
如果遇不到呢?
And if you don’t?
就像你在风暴来袭的那天说的
Well, it’s, uh, like you said to me the day that storm came in.
对你所在乎的事总得冒个险
You gotta take chances for things you care about.
戴维斯?
Davis?
好好 我马上过去
Yeah, yeah. Just… I’ll be right with you.
去忙吧 回到宴会上
Go ahead, get back to the party.
我只是想过来再次恭喜你
I wanna come in and say congratulations once again.
谢谢你的光临 -不客气
Sure. Thanks for coming. -You’re welcome.
跟你的家人问好 -我会的 祝你幸运 真的
Give my best to your family. -I will. And good luck, really.
谢了
Thanks.
好好享受今晚
Enjoy the evening.
褓姆说他八点就睡了 -真好
Sitter says he’s been down since 8:00. -Oh, great.
这表示他五点就会醒来
Which means he’ll be up at 5:00.
小家伙
Hey, little man.
(我的英雄是…)
(救我爸爸的狗狗 艾力克)
(探险结案报告)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!