Woman: Griet.
葛丽叶
Leave that.
放下
Griet? Father.
葛丽叶? 父亲
Father: Do you remember?
你还记得吗?
You watched me paint it.
你看着我画出来的
I never thought our family would come to this.
我从未料到家境会沦落至此
Food may be strange to your stomach.
食物都不够糊口
Keep clear of their Catholic prayers.
别听那些天主教♥徒♥的祈祷
Or if you must be with them when they pray…
如果他们祈祷的时候你必须站在一旁
stop your ears.
那就紧闭你的耳朵
Girl #1 : Give it. Girl #2: I got Cornelia’s too.
给我 科妮莉亚给我的
Give it back. Stop it!
还给我 别闹了!
Girl #1 : You did not get it. I did.
不是你先拿到的 是我拿到的
Do you know the house of Master Vermeer?
你们知道维梅尔先生住在哪里吗?
Tell Tanneke the new maid is here.
告诉堂娜克新的女佣来了
Woman: You took your time. Lose your way, did you?
你很从容嘛 迷路了吗?
Young mistress is out this morning.
夫人一早出去了
I’m to show you round.
我来带你四周看看
Water for the table.
食用水在这里
Take water from the canal for laundry.
洗衣服的话去河边打水
It’s clean enough this side of town.
小镇这边的水够清了
Soda… coppers, boiler…
苏打, 大铜锅, 炉灶
sand and soap.
沙子和肥皂
In cooking kitchen you’re to help serve and clear,
厨房♥里的任务是帮着端菜和清洗
buy fish and meat…
夫人有事情的时候去采购鱼和肉
when young mistress don’t want to.
女主人有事情的时候去采购鱼和肉
You’ll take your meals with me and the children.
你和我还有孩子一起吃饭
That’s your sleeping place.
这是你睡觉的地方
Scour the pots and pans.
锅碗瓢盆都要擦亮
Young mistress and master sleep and have company here.
夫人和先生有时候会在这里休息
You’ll get used to it.
你会习惯的
You’re to clean in there.
那里也需要打扫
Not now!
不是现在!
He’s painting.
他在作画
Good morning, madam.
早上好 夫人
Don’t speak till you’re spoken to.
不叫你就别说话
Tanneke showed you what needs to be done? The laundry and so on?
堂娜克都带你看过了? 洗衣房♥什么的?
Yes, madam.
是的, 夫人
This is only a trial. Nothing is settled yet.
只是叫你来试试, 还没最后订下来
I…
我…
my husband does–
我丈夫…
Go in.
进去
Go in.
进去!
Disturb nothing.
别乱碰
Leave all just as it is.
东西都要保持原样
Open the shutters, you can’t work in the dark.
把窗子打开, 那么黑怎么干活
You’re not the first to forget your manners in front of his paintings.
你不是第一个在他的画前失态的人
Tell me, girl…
告诉我,孩子…
do you think it finished?
你觉得这算完成了吗?
Three months.
已经3个月了
Another three before he’s satisfied, no doubt.
起码还要3个月他才会满意
Well get along, girl.
干♥你♥的活吧
You’re not paid to stand gawping all day.
你不是雇来发呆的
Man: Good to see you.
见到你很高兴
Tanneke: Are you well? Man: Yeah.
你好吗?
Can we go? Here’s my man.
我们可以回去了吗?
Paul.
保罗
This is Griet, the new maid.
这是葛丽叶,新来的女佣
She’ll fetch the meat now.
现在开始她来买♥♥肉
So, Griet…
葛丽叶…
what takes your fancy?
你怎么会去他们家做仆人?
Nothing is too good for this family?
他们对人苛刻极了
An ox tongue and a dozen chops.
一片牛舌头和一打排骨
Pieter…
彼得…
chops…
排骨…
In the book again?
又要赊帐了?
There you are.
给你
This meat’s not fresh.
这肉不新鲜
The mistress won’t like it.
女主人会不高兴的
Pieter.
彼得
Get the parcel on the cart.
拿车上的小包来
That’s better.
这好多了
We’ll see you again, Griet.
我们会再见的, 葛丽叶
Yes.

Woman: No!
不!
Man: I’ll take that.
这个我要了
Make way now.
滚吧
What is it? Bankrupt.
怎么回事?
They’ve lived next door for as long as I can remember.
他们在这里住了几十年了
The shame.
真可怕
Lost everything.
一无所有了
Watch out for young mistress.
当心你的女主人
She hates money troubles.
她最讨厌关于钱的问题
She’ll turn spiteful at this, you mark my words.
她会变得不可理喻的,记住我的话
Mistress: The last time you said it was done you kept it another six months!
上次都说完成了又做了6个月!
Man: It will be done soon.
马上就完成了
Mistress: Oh yes, soon. But when is soon?
哦, 对, 马上, 什么算”马上”?
Next month, next year?
下个月? 明年?
It’s all the same to you,
对你来说什么都无所谓
if your children starve and your wife is dressed in rags.
哪怕孩子挨饿, 老婆衣衫褴褛
When you sit up there and suck at your paintbrush…
你还是坐在那里摆弄你的破画笔
Man: You’re being ridiculous. I’m going out.
你别胡闹了, 我要走了
Mistress: No, Jan, don’t you dare leave.
不, 你敢走!
One year it got so bad, they had to sell some of their jewels.
有一年光景太差, 他们要变卖♥♥更多的珠宝
You could imagine how that pleased her.
你可以想象她变成什么样子
She smashed half the china…
她砸碎了无数的瓷器
went to spoil one of his precious paintings.
毁了他珍贵的作品
Well, he’s a temper on him too for all he’s so quiet.
不过他总是那么的平静
She’s not set so much as a foot in his studio from that day to this.
从此以后他就不允许她再进他的画室
There you are. Fetch some water.
你终于来了,去打点水
Hail Mary, Mother of God,
万福圣母玛利亚
pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
为我们这些罪人祈祷吧
Tanneke: Six babies. Why does she have to make such a racket?
已经生了6个了, 她怎么还要这么大叫?
Woman: Just get on with the work.
少废话
Push! ( screaming )
用力!
Woman: I need more rags, girl.
再给我几块纱布
Woman: More rags.
多给几块!
Woman: Push, push!
用力,用力!
Woman: Good, that’s good!
很好,很好!
Mistress: Oh, Jan, isn’t he just like you?
哦, 杨, 和你像吗?
Woman: Johannes, that’s it.
杨汉纳斯, 好了
Look at him, he’s your little brother.
看看,他就是你的小♥弟♥弟♥
( blessing in Latin )
( 拉丁语祈祷 )
Take this to the house of your master’s patron, Pieter van Ruijven.
把这个送给先生的赞助人, 彼得·范·拉文
Man: To the left.
往左
Man: Open up, there’s a lady coming in.
开门,有个女士来了
That’s it.
好了
Van Ruijven: So, finished at last.
终于完成了
Honored guest.
尊敬的小姐
It’s the old woman’s idea to combine the birth feast and the viewing.
是夫人说要把庆生筵席和画作展览安排在一起
She is a tight fist.
她可是说一不二
I won’t turn out for small beer and biscuits, tell her.
告诉她,不好好准备我才不会出席
Me and the brat deserve a proper feast.
一顿盛宴可是我应得的犒赏
You have a very wide eyes.
你的眼睛可真能转啊!
What do they call you?
他们怎么叫你?
Griet. Griet?
葛丽 葛丽叶?
Griet.
葛丽叶
Your master is a fine painter, Griet.
你的主人是个很好的画家,葛丽叶
The finest in Delft.
代夫特最好的画家
He’s painted me.
他给我画过像

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!