他是肉体…是寄主
He’s the body, body politic.
大脑才是老板 主人…
Then there’s the brain, the boss, the owner.
大脑不是老板!
The boss is not the brain.
不对! 寄生虫才是老板!
No, no! The boss is parasite!
老板的确不工作 但有他的功能
Well, it’s true that the boss doesn’t work, but he has a function.
他控制…
He controls the means of…
生产 但那不是功能 那是…
Production. Sure, but that’s not a function, that’s…
寄生主义!
Parasitism! On the… Shut up!
在肉体里!存在一般人体! 闭嘴!
On the body politic. Of the regular Joe! Shut up!
人是一个整体
Man is unitary.
一个简单的经济体
A simple economic agent.
人的机构互为分离
Man’s institutions are split,
互相矛盾 必须协调才能克服
expressing contradictions that must be worked through.
他们以互为因果 又可预见的方式协调配合
And they are worked through in a causative, predictable way.
历史就是科学
History is science.
这正是辩证法的精随
This is the essence of the dialectic.
知道吗 如果你懂经济的话
You see, if you understand economics,
就能把未来事都写下来
you can actually write down what will happen in the future.
就像写昨天的历史一样自信
With as much confidence as you write down the history of the past.
因为这是科学 不是迷信
Because it’s science. It’s not make believe.
我们不相信圣诞老人
We don’t believe in Santa Claus.
还要三明治吗?
Another finger sandwich?
谢谢 如果理解没错的话…
Thank you. Now if I follow this correctly…
这是哪位?
Who’s that guy?
帮我们拍照的史密特罗维基先生
Uh, Mr. Smitrovich takes pictures for our newsletter.
我们对历史的理解
Our understanding of the true workings of history
让我们从中获得权力的杠杆
gives us access to the levers of power.
例如说你的摄影棚纯粹就是资本主义运作的工具
Your studio, for instance, is a pure instrument of capitalism.
正因如此 它又揭露了资本主义的矛盾
As such, it expresses the contradictions of capitalism
最终导致自身的灭亡
and can be enlisted to finance its own destruction.
多令人激动啊!
Which is exciting.
这可能对一般老百姓很有帮助 一般人体!
It can be made to help the little guy, the regular Joe.
是肉体! 闭嘴!
The body politic! Shut up!
虽然目的就是要剥削一般老百姓
Even though its purpose is to exploit the little guy.
还有肉体
WRITER 4: And the body politic.
你是支持一般老百姓的
You’re for the little guy?
支持反对都不重要
For the little guy or against, it doesn’t matter.
历史还是原来样子 我们知道它会是什么样
History will be what it will be, and we already know what it’ll be.
但 没错 我们支持一般老百姓
But yes, we’re for the little guy.
你不是吗? 闭嘴!
Aren’t you? Shut up!
开玩笑吧? 我支持一般老百姓?
Are you joking? Me, for the little guy?
我当然支持一般老百姓!
Of course I’m for the little guy.
他是喜剧演员吗?
What, is this guy a comedian?
听着 我还是回去吧 摄影棚一定失序了
Listen, I better get back. The studio’s gotta be going nuts.
能不能今天先告一段落 下次继续?
Can we cut it off now and pick it up right here at the next study session?
好 知道吗
Okay, well, see…
恐怕事情没那么简单
I’m afraid it’s not that simple.
就这样 BairdWhitlock终于明白自己被共♥产♥党抓来了
And so, Baird Whitlock found himself in the hands of communists.
与此同时 离马里布浪花很远的地方
Meanwhile, far from the crashing surf of Malibu,
Eddie离开与Lockheed公♥司♥代表的午餐
Eddie Mannix, torn from his lunch with a Lockheed man,
赶回浩大的电影公♥司♥
hurries back to the vastness of Capitol Pictures,
那里永不疲倦的机器不停的运转
whose tireless machinery clanks on,
制♥作♥今年的梦想配额
producing this year’s ration of dreams
为世上虚弱的人们
for all the weary peoples of the world.
猪头 你没看到”拍摄中”的灯号♥吗
Hey, numbskull. Didn’t you see the rolling light was on?
喔 抱歉 Mannix先生 你找谁?
Oh, I’m sorry, Mr. Mannix. Can I help you find someone?
没人
No.
Autolochus 怎么了?
Autolochus! Yes?
你为何穿着简陋出现在我的房♥间?
Why do you present yourself in my chambers in such humble fashion?
别看我 Ursulina
Do not look upon me, Ursulina.
Sestimus火炉熊熊火焰烧毁了我的脸!
The fires of the brazier of Sestimus have latterly burned my face!
虽然阿基米德的药膏能让我快速复原
Though the unguents of Arkimideus promise shortly to undo the damage.
Autolochus 你知道我爱的是你的心 不是你的外表
Autolochus, you know that my love is for you, not for your station.
我对你的热情…
AUTOLOCHUS: And my ardor for you…
对不起 对不起
CHUNK: I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
我们就是未来
We are the Future.
什么意思?
What does that mean?
我哪知
Beats me.
早上不知谁把这张纸塞进我门缝
Somebody slipped it under my door sometime after we broke this morning.
跟谁提起吗?
Mention it to anyone?
没有
Nope.
好 我们先别露声色
Okay, well, let’s keep it that way.
对了 还有 Chunk演得不错
Hey, by the way, Chunk sounded good in there.
Natalie 可以帮我接会计部的Stu吗?
Natalie, could you please get me Stu Schwartz, Accounting?
Stu在二线
Stu Schwartz on two.
Stu 你好吗? 我要小额现金
Stu, how are ya? I need some petty cash.
十万
$100,000.00
抱歉 我有说“小额”?
I’m sorry, did I say petty?
说来话长 以后再跟你说
Well, it’s a long story, and I’ll tell it to you some time.
那里有那么多吗?
You have that much in the office?
有 要多大箱子装?
Yeah, how much space will that take up?
Mannix先生
Uh, Mr. Mannix?
好的 应该可以
All right, this might do it.
Thora来了
Uh, Thora Thacker just came in.
问你有没有空?
Wonders if you have a moment.
Thora Thacker.
跟她说我电♥话♥中
Tell her I’m stuck on a call.
我从阳台走
I’ll leave through the patio.
没讲多久嘛
Call didn’t take so long then.
是啊 不是 我直说吧
Yes. No. Fast talkers.
有事吗 Thora?
What can I do for you, Thora?
那我也直说
Well, I’ll be fast, too.
只是出于礼貌通知你一声 我要刊登Baird的事
I only wanted to notify you as a courtesy that I am running my Baird Whitlock story.
是喔?什么故事?
Yeah? What’s the story?
就那事啊 我有可靠来源 我想让它见报
The story. I have a credible source and I am going to run it,
你知道我说的是啥事
and I think you know what story I mean.
我哪知
I have no idea.
Baird会有什么事 有的话我怎会不知道?
There’s nothing going on with Baird. I would know, wouldn’t I?
Eddie别装了
Don’t play dumb, Eddie.
我说的是…
I am talking about
“Wings as Eagles”的事
On Wings as Eagles.
什么?
What?
明天上报
Running it tomorrow.
首先
First of all…
首先 那事没有看点
First of all, there’s nothing to that story.
剧本我看过了 大家都看过了 从未被证实
I’ve heard it, it’s been around forever, and it’s never been confirmed.
再来 你不可能刊登
And secondly, you can’t print that.
就算可以 你也不会刊登
Even if you could print it, you couldn’t print it.
你不会 你没那么低劣
And you wouldn’t want to, Thora. It’s beneath you.
我就是那么低劣
The facts are never beneath me.
大家不想看到事实 只想盲从
People don’t want the facts, they wanna believe!
我们产业就是那样 我的你的都是一样
That’s our great industry, mine and yours, too.
大家相信BairdWhitlock是大明星 是个好人
They wanna believe that Baird Whitlock is a great star and a good man.
你承认他不是
You’re admitting he isn’t.
不 我说他是 虽然内容空洞
No, I’m saying he is, though it’s beside the point.
也没料可暴
There’s nothing to it, nothing to the gossip.
我又不是狗仔!
I am not a gossip columnist!
不 不 不 当然不是
No, no, no, of course not.
别把我跟我妹混为一谈!
Don’t confuse me with my sister!
不会啦…明天你一定要登吗?
Hardly. But look, do you have to run it tomorrow?
我一整篇专栏
It’s my entire column.
我想跟Baird谈谈 只能安排下午了
I’m happy to talk to Baird for comment, but it will have to be this afternoon.
Baird现在不在 改天吧
Baird’s unavailable right now. Wait one day.
Ha!
Thora 就等一天 明天我给你的专栏一个真实故事
Thora, wait one day and I’ll give you a true story for tomorrow’s column.
是关于…Hobie的故事
A little something about Hobie Doyle.
我的读者才不鸟Hobie
My readers don’t care about Hobie Doyle.
他只会骑马
He wears chaps!
读者喜欢Carlotta吗?
Do they care about Carlotta Valdez?
两人关系暧昧
They’re sweet on each other.
你真得看看他们形影不离
You should see the two of them together. Like peas in a pod

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!