(庆祝博伊德彗星 莫扎特)
不不,不不,首先你应该找到…
No, no. No, no. First, you should find out
宇宙的本质属性是什么
what is the essential nature of the universe.
宇宙是一个固有非理性的地方…
Is the universe an inherently irrational place
随机而又混乱吗?
random and chaotic?
对,但是你…
Ya, but you…
花栗鼠,你的勺子
Chipmunk, your spoon.
你的勺子…掉地上了
Your spoon–it’s on the floor.
你们准备点餐了吗?
Are you ready to order?
呃,是的,我想是的
Uh, yes, I think.
照惯例,有劳
The usual, please.
不,我要来一杯咖啡
No. I’ll have a cup of coffee
还有一个玉米松饼,有劳
and a corn muffin, please.
亲,你的惯例就是这些
Darling, that is your usual.
哦,那我就要那些吧
Well, I’ll have that then.
– 好的 – 谢谢
– Okay. – Thank you.
– 啊哈 – 怎么?
– Aha! – What?
它每平方厘米流失11000个分子
It loses 11,000 molecules per square centimeter
每秒
per second.
什么东西?
What does?
那颗彗星
The comet.

Now…
这些你最喜欢哪个?
which one of these do you like best?
这是性格测试吗?
Is this a personality test?
呣,算是个惊喜吧
Mm, it’s a sort of surprise.
它们都一样
They’re all the same.
什么?不不,看
What? No, no. Look.
那是碧绿色
That’s aquamarine.
那是蓝绿,那个是藻绿
That’s blue-green, and that’s algae.
哦,你知道在原子层面上没有颜色这种东西
Well, you know at the atomic level there’s no such thing as color.
不过,他们那次的确在比利时做过那个研究
Though they did do that study in Belgium that time–
等等
Wait.
还是在丹麦?
or was it Denmark?
– 唠叨 – 总之…
– Babbling. – Anyway.
唠叨
Babbling.
总之,重点在于…
Anyway, the point was that…
重点在于什么?
What was the point?
哦,既然质子远小于光波
Oh, that since protons are so much smaller than light waves…
藻绿
Algae.
谢谢
Thank you.
既然质子远小于光波
Since protons are so much smaller than light waves
他们怎么能看到它来起头呢?
how could they ever see it to begin with?
哦,那些丹麦人
Oh, those Danes.
还是说在所有事物的背后都有一个基本的秩序?
Or is there a fundamental order underlying all things?
(坠落的星尘里有现金)
喂,惊奇队长?
Hey, Captain Marvel?
沙赞?
Shazam?
哦,谢谢
Oh, thanks.
我刚才在读博伊德彗星的报道
I was just reading about Boyd’s comet.
博伊德什么?
Boyd’s what?
彗星?天上的?
Comet? Like in the sky?
他们说它很快要到这里来了
They say it’s going to be here soon.
我们有可能看到它
We’re going to be able to see it.
你们知道为什么彗星的尾巴总是远离太阳那面吗?
You know why a comet’s tail always points away from the sun?
不知道
No.
想知道吗?
Want to know?
– 不 – 不
– No. – No.
因为它其实根本不是一条尾巴,它是…
‘Cause it’s actually not a tail at all. It’s…
它是太阳照亮的气体颗粒群
It’s bits of gas that the sun lights up.
我们地球人会尽量记住这一点
We earthlings will try to keep that in mind.
就像一个500英里长的泽西喷灯
Kind of like a 500-mile-long Jersey torch.

Wow.
那一定是真的
It must be true.
该事实仍然说明某些事件是完全偶发的
The fact remains that certain events are strictly accidental.
什么事实?
What fact?
哦,天啊
Oh, my,
看看时间
look at the time.
没问题
No problem.
是因为春天的关系
It’s because it’s spring.
每一样东西在春天里都会经历剧变,你说呢?
Everything goes through upheaval in the spring, wouldn’t you say?
别这样,小贱♥人♥
Come on, you little bitch.
听着像是来生意了
Sounds like business.
名爵TF跑车
M.G.T.F. Roadster.
奥斯汀希利
Austin-Healey.
凯迪拉克Coupe
Cadillac coupe.
– 一块 – 跟你赌了
– Buck. – You’re on.
进气阀爆裂
Blown intake valve.
不,分电盘盖破裂
No. Cracked distributor cap.
消声器报废
Busted muffler.
我们都是某一滑稽的宇宙事故的受害者
Are we all victims of some comic cosmic accident
还是说有一个大设计?
or is there a grand design?
哦,真走运
Oh, what luck.
– TC跑车 – 是一辆TF
– T.C. Roadster. – That’s a T.F.
一对大学上等人
A couple of college swells.
你应付他们,艾德
You handle them, Ed.
嗨,哪里有问题了?
Hi, what seems to be the problem?
你们这里有人懂怎么修理英国车的吗?
Do you have anyone here who knows how to deal with British automobiles?
我真的不希望有人拿根尖棍子在里面乱戳
I really don’t want anyone just poking around in there with a sharp stick.
我看看引擎盖下面没问题吧?
Would it be all right if I looked under the bonnet?
哦,至少他称之为引擎盖
Well, at least he called it a bonnet.
所以,这就是引擎了,是吧?
so, that’s the engine, huh?
你看,我想也许我们应该去别的地方,你说呢?
Um, look, I think, perhaps we ought to go somewhere else, do you?
进气阀,我告诉你
Intake valve, I’m tellin’ ya.
消声器报废
Busted muffler.
– 进气阀 – 消声器
– Intake valve. – Busted muffler.
那就是你的问题
That’s your problem right there.
什么?
What?
你没有火花 热情
You got no spark.
什么?
What?
你没有火花
You have no spark.
对,我听见他说的了,凯瑟琳
Yes, I heard him, Catherine.
你觉得这话是什么意思?
What do you think it means?
是发电机的问题吗?
Is it the generator?
是线圈?是什么?
The coil? What?
哦,这个难说
Well, it’s hard to say.
你看,你有一台卢卡斯四型发电机
You see, you have a Lucas type four generator
是12伏特系统,可你知道英国人的
on a 12-volt system, and you know the British.
他们宁愿花时间在仪表盘上粘木头
They’d rather spend time gluing wood on a dashboard
也不愿把电力系统搞好
than getting the electrical system right.
绝妙,可是…
Fascinating, but…
可是这车出了什么毛病?
but what is wrong with the car?
哦,我猜想是你的行程太短
Well, my guess is your stroke is too short
而且你还过早地点火
and you’re getting premature ignition.
是不是有过这样的感觉?
Does it ever feel that way?
说什么呢?
Like what?
说行程太短了,而且…
Like the stroke is too short and…
还点火过早了?
you’re getting premature ignition?
哦,我肯定我不知道你什么意思
Well, I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.
你能不能至少暂时把它修好,你觉得呢?
Could you just fix it at least temporarily, do you think?
我说,我们真的落后进度了
I mean, we’re really running behind schedule here.
我跟我老板确认一下
I’ll check with my boss.
不要走开
Don’t go away.
他似乎人挺好
He seems nice enough.
他,他是个穴居人
He’s, he’s a troglodyte.
进气阀,对吧?
Intake valve, right?
消声器报废?
Busted muffler?
我要娶她
I’m going to marry her.
– 谁?那个贵妇? – 对
– Who? The dame? – Yeah.
哇,够快的
Wow, that was fast.
车怎么样?
What about the car?
分电盘盖破裂
Cracked distributor cap.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!