– Yeah.
-好的。
– That’s exactly what you’re doing.
-你们就是这么做的。
– It is. – The airplane shot me down.
-是的。 -飞机把我击中落下的。
– Yeah? – Yeah, yeah, yeah.
-是吗? -是的,是的,是的。
– Go around the back and through the passage way.
—绕道后面,穿过走廊,
– Helen, June and Anita,the Carter Family.
—海伦、琼和安妮塔,卡特一家。
– It’s very nifty to be able to entertain you a little bit today,
-今天能来给大家,带来一次小小的娱乐,真是太高兴了。
and I don’t know what you’re expecting,
我不知道,你们想要看什么,
since we’re all girls, and…
既然我们全是女孩,还有…
Since we’re the only girls on the show,
既然我们是这场表演中,唯一的几个女孩,
but I’ve got one announcement to make before we do our part.
在我们的表演完成之前,我要宣布一件事情。
This is as sexy as I’m gonna get.
这是最能让人兴奋的了。
– No, this is our little family,
-不,这是我们的小家庭,
and we sing the songs mostly of the old Carter family,
我们唱的大多是老卡特一家的歌♥,
and, well, we’ve been around these parts for a long time,
还有,我们唱这些歌♥已经很长时间了,
and we’re proud to be part of The Johnny Cash Show.
我们很荣幸能成为,“约翰尼·卡什秀”的一部分了。
We’re gonna sing some new ones and some old ones.
我们要唱一些新歌♥和一些老歌♥。
So sit back, relax,take your hands out of each other’s pockets, and…
所以坐好,放松,把手从你们各自的口袋里掏出来,然后…
We’ll sing a few little songs for you,
我们会为你唱几首小曲,
and then you’ll see who you’ve come to see.
然后,你们就能看到,今天你们来这里,最想看到的人物了。
Old Golden Throat will be right out.
老牌金嗓子歌♥手,马上就出现了。
– #Look out, Jackson town #
注意,杰克逊城到了
#Well, go on down to Jackson #
那就进入杰克逊城
#Go ahead and wreck your health #
接下就是,不顾你的身体健康
#Go play your hand,you big talking man #
去玩一把牌吧,如果你是个爱吹牛的人
#And make a big fool of yourself #
还有就是,把你自己当成,一个大傻瓜
#Yeah, go to Jackson #
好吧,那就进入杰克逊城。
– I think for most people,when they think about
-我想对大多数人来说,当他们想到
June Carter Cash, they’re probably thinking about Reese Witherspoon.
琼·卡特·卡什时,他们可能会想到瑞茜·威瑟斯彭主演的。
– Will you marry me?
-你愿意嫁给我吗?
– Because that film,”Walk the Line,”
-就因为那部电影,《与歌♥同行》,
was really June’s mass exposure,I think, to a lot of people.
我认为是它,让琼的事迹,大曝光于世人。
– #Well, now we got married #
-那我们就结婚吧
– Johnny Cash and June Carter.
-约翰尼·卡什和琼·卡特。
Johnny and June.
约翰尼和琼。
“Walk the Line” was the fairy tale.
《与歌♥同行》是一个童话般的故事。
– The movie is about a period of time about this big in a life so large.
-这部电影讲述的是,一段如此漫长的人生中的一段重要时光。
– #And that’s a fact #
-这就是事实
– It was probably gonna be as much,
if not more,of June involved in the equation than John.
-如果不是在她与约翰,获得平等的演出机会时,琼甚至可能会更加出名。
And I’ll get shot and killed here in Nashville for saying that.
如果我在纳什维尔讲这话,可能会被一枪崩掉。
– What would you like to talk about?
-你想谈些什么?
– It really doesn’t matter.
-这真的不重要。
I thought you might ask me where Johnny was.
我想你可能会问我,约翰尼在哪里。
– Where is Johnny? – He’s not here, is he?
-约翰尼在哪里? -他不在这儿,不是吗?
#Well, hello stranger #
你好,陌生人
– If you only know June Carter Cash,
-如果你只认识琼·卡特·卡什
you’re missing a whole lot of things.
你会错过很多情节。
– She was born with one of the most famous names in country music.
-她与生俱来,就享有着乡村音乐的盛名。
– A remarkable show business career.
-一个引人注目的演艺生涯。
– Well, June Carter was an incredible artist in her own right.
-嗯,琼.卡特本身就是一个,令人不可思议的艺术家。
– She’s one of the most charming and talented women in country music today.
-她是当今的乡村音乐界中,最具有迷人才华的女人。
– A singer, a comedienne, actress.
-一名歌♥手,一名喜剧人物,一名女演员。
– #Let a working man lay down #
-让一个打工男人倾倒
#Yeah, I get a frown #
是的,我皱了一下眉头
– Who is June Carter Cash to me?
-琼.卡特.卡什,对于我来说,意味着什么呢?
Well, she’s a badass bitch, first off.
首先,她是一个到处惹事生非的婊♥子♥。
– You couldn’t deny her. She had that spark, the “it.”
-你不能否认她。她有那种火花,那种“特质”。
You can’t overdub the “it.”
你学不会那种“特质”。
– #But I see you #
-但我看见你
– But she’s been married so long to one man.
-但她已经嫁给了一个男人了。
– No, no. I had two before him.
-不,不。在他之前,我有过两个男人。
I put all mine together, and I’m still not nearly caught up with you.
我把我的男人加在一起,但还是没法儿跟你比。
– #When your troubles are like mine #
-当你的烦恼,就是我的烦恼
– There was so much about my mother that may have been misunderstood.
-我母亲的很多事情,可能被世人误解了。
– Underrated and underappreciated.
-被低估,或未被赏识到。
– #So get up, rounder #
那就起来,转个圈
– I think at the heart of it,June’s story hasn’t been told.
-我认为最重要的是,琼的故事,还没有被讲出来。
– Would you welcome June Carter Cash?
-你们大家欢迎琼.卡特.卡什吗?
– June Carter Cash.- June Carter Cash.
-琼.卡特.卡什。 -琼.卡特.卡什。
– June Carter Cash.
-琼.卡特.卡什。
– Hi.- Everybody’s here but Marty.
-嗨。 -除了马蒂,大家都来了。
– Oh, they are?
– 哦,是吗?
Well, you might know Marty’d be late.
你也知道,马蒂老是迟到。
It’s part of what he does.
这是他行事方式之一。
Once you get to be a big star, you’re really late.
一旦你成为大明星,你就真的迟到了。
I’m late because of Johnny.
我迟到,是因为约翰尼。
– Good morning. – Hi, Miss June.
-早上好。 -嗨,琼女士。
– Good morning. – Hi.
-早。 -嗨。
-Lord, look at everybody.It feels like old times. – It does.
-天呐,看看大家。感觉就像回到了过去。 -是的。
– It does, doesn’t it? How are you?
-难道不是吗?你好吗?
1998年,70高龄的琼.卡特.卡什进入了录音棚,录下了一张个人专辑。
她的第一张专辑,是在她25岁时录制的。
– Well, here we are.
-那我们就开始吧。
– Hi, June. – Come on in.
-嗨,琼。 -进来。
I’m excited, everybody.
告诉大家,我很兴奋。
I often wondered how I’d ever do an album.
我常常想,我怎么才能出一张专辑。
And then I met this really wonderful girl
然后我遇到了一个非常棒的女孩,
named Vicky Hamilton,who was mostly in the world of rock and roll.
名叫维姬·汉密尔顿,她大部分时间,都在摇滚乐的世界里。
– There was an urgency that she wanted to make this record.
-她迫切地想要录制这张唱片。
(维姬.汉密尔顿,艺术经理及音乐执行专员)
So I had shopped it around to all the major record companies,
所以我找了所有的大唱片公♥司♥,
and everybody passed. I,like, couldn’t believe it.
而每家公♥司♥都推脱了。我简直不敢相信。
There’s no way we’re putting out a record
with a 70-year-old woman, you know?
你要知道,要给一个70岁老奶奶出专辑,有多难?
– Four, five.
-四,五。
– I was kind of incensed.
-我当时就怒了。
This is, like,country music royalty.
这可是乡村音乐的皇冠。
How can you pass?
你们怎么能推脱?
So I decided, OK, I’m gonna start my own record company
所以我决定,好吧,我要创办自己的唱片公♥司♥,
and raise the money to make this record.
筹集资金制♥作♥这张唱片。
– I think I’ve changed her whole life.
-我想,是我改变了她的一生。
So I’m hoping to make some history again this morning.
所以我希望今天早上,能再创造一次历史。
– That day, we just gathered around to sing the songs of her family,
-那天,我们聚在一起唱她家族乐队的歌♥,
(约翰.卡特.卡什,儿子,音乐制♥作♥人)
my mom’s family and things that she’d written down through the years.
那些是我妈妈的家人,和她本人多年来写下的歌♥曲。
– I was looking for some other good Carter family songs
-我想在这张专辑里再唱几首
to sing on this album, and “Diamonds in the Rough”
卡特家族的好歌♥,而《未经打磨的钻石》
is probably one of my favorites, Marty.
可能是我最喜欢的一首,马蒂。
So why don’t you and I sing it?
不如我们一起唱吧?
– You got it.
-听你的。
– My mother was like a kid again.
-我妈妈又像个孩子了。
She was eager.
她很急切。
It was as if she was ready to go get on a roller coaster.
就好像,她准备坐过山车一样。
– #The day will soon be over #
-日子一去不复返
#And the digging will be done #
所有的挖掘,也将完工
#No more gems be gathered #
没有跟多的宝石被找到
#So let us all press on #
那就让我们一起,继续挖下去
– I don’t think I’ve ever really known a life that’s any different than show business.
-我不觉得我已经知道,我的生活与我的演艺事业,有什么区别。
My mother was Maybelle Carter, who was a part of the original Carter family.
我的母亲是梅贝尔·卡特,她是卡特家族的一员。
– This is my mama Maybelle,
-这是我妈妈梅贝尔
and then my aunt and my uncle, Sara Carter, AP Carter.
然后是我的阿姨和我的舅舅,莎拉·卡特,和AP·卡特。
#The diamonds will be shining #
宝石会继续闪光
#No longer in the rough #
再也不会粗糙
– At the time that my mother was born,
-在我母亲出生的时候,
Maybelle had been recording for a couple of years
梅贝尔已经为老卡特家族录制了
with the original Carter family.
好几年的唱片。
– One day, we found a man that wanted us to come up and make a record.
-有一天,我们找到了一个人,他想让我们去做一张唱片。
(梅贝尔.卡特,琼的母亲)
So we went up to Bristol and made our first record,
所以我们去了布里斯托尔,制♥作♥了我们的第一张唱片,
and it’s been going ever since.
从那以后,就一发不可收拾了。
#Oh, I’ll twine with my mingles #
哦,我要和我的朋友们打成一片
#And waving black hair #
并甩起黑色头发
– The Carters, I mean, they were the beginning.