好戏上演了
Showtlme.
来找 Lance 大叔吧
Come on to Uncle Lance.
– 这傢伙到底是谁?我要杀了他! – 没有必要了,亲爱的
Who the hell is this guy? I’ll kill him! – That won’t be necessary, dear.
我的主啊,它们就像玫瑰花瓣一样
Oh my Lord. They’re just llke llttle rose petals.
什麽?
What?
他不是能和你白头到老的人,亲爱的
Not the type you would have been happy with in the end, dear.
别把话题岔开 你的皮箱裡有个死人!
Don’t change the subject. You have a dead man in your trunk!
不,不,他不在我的皮箱裡 他在自己的车裡
No, no, he’s not in my trunk, dear. He’s in his car.
再说他可不是什麽无关的人,对吗?
And that wasn’t just any man, was it, Gloria?
他是你的情人
That was your lover.
– 他是你的情人? – 你得明白, Holly
That was your lover? – Now, you’ve got to understand, Holly,
你妈妈一直过得不快活 她很寂寞
your mother’s been very unhappy, and lonely. Well, you know,
要知道你♥爸♥爸,他是个大忙人 这个美国帅哥又正好出现了…
your father, well, he’s a busy man, and along comes this handsome American…
他有好听的口音,漂亮的挥杆 不过绝对不是我喜欢的类型
with his accent and his swing, not the type I would approve of at all.
你总不能因为不喜欢别人 就把他们杀了吧
You can’t go around killing people just because you don’t approve of them.
哦,我的医生也这麽说过 在这个问题上我们的意见总是不一致
Oh, that’s what my doctors used to say. On this point we could never agree.
再说了,我能看出来 你的婚外恋正在毁掉整个家!
Anyway, I could see, your affair was ruining the whole family!
你总不能指望我袖手旁观吧?
You can’t expect me to sit back and do nothing about that, can you?
– 这和你一点关係也没有! – 这和我有很大的关係
It has absolutely nothing to do with you! – It has everything to do with me.
这是最起码的事,是一个妈妈为了她的…
It’s the least a mother can do for her daugh…
她的女儿做的
her daughter.
这是我们要谈的另一件事
That’s something else we need to have a chat about.
那些修女们,时不时给我寄照片
They’d send me photos, now and again, the nuns.
这一张是你妈妈在你这个年纪时照的
This is one of your mother when she was your age.
哇,妈妈,你真美
Wow, Mom, you looked gorgeous.
我们是不是忘记那些尸体的事了?
Aren’t we forgetting the small matter of dead bodies?
你怎麽知道其他尸体的?
How did you know about the other bodies?
– 什麽其他尸体? – 哦,原来你不知道其他尸体
What other bodies? – Oh, you didn’t know about the others.
什麽其他尸体?
What other bodies?
只不过是 Brown 先生的狗
Just Mr Brown’s dog.
还有 Brown 先生
And Mr Brown.
你把他们也杀了
You killed them, too.
我这麽做是为了你,亲爱的
I did it for you, dear.
我的妈妈…
My mother…
为了听你这麽叫我 我等了很久了
Oh, I’ve waited so long for you to call me that.
那麽我们现在怎麽办?
So, what do we do now?
假如有人问我:「为什麽 牧师们总是用一个问题…
And when I’m asked: “Why do Vicars always answer a question…
来回答另一个问题呢?」 我总是这样回答:
by posing another question?”, I always reply:
「哦,为什麽不呢?」
“Well, why shouldn’t we?” (Laughing)
不过,这一切归根到底说的是
But what, in the end, all this comes down to,
我们该怎样应付人生中必须面对的问题
is how we deal in life with the problems that we have to face.
有时候这样的问题只需要我们採取行动
Sometimes it’s a question of just taking action,
作出判断
of making decisions,
求助他人 下定决心
of involving others, of finding your resolve,
然后把它解决
and seeing it through.
但是在另一些情况下 需要的是一些难以捉摸的东西
But at other times, it’s about something much less tangible.
有时候需要的仅仅是一点恩惠( Grace )
Sometimes all it takes is a little grace.
一点点上帝的恩惠( Grace )
A little of God’s grace,
然后所有问题就都迎刃而解了
and all our problems seem to fade away.
那麽,我们应该求主对我们解释吗?
Now, should we demand an explanation from our Lord?
应该询问他用了什麽方法吗?
Question his methods?
还是只要享受恩典就行了呢?
Or should we merely enjoy the benefits?

Well,
我觉得仁慈的主不会希望我们问得太多
I don’t think the good Lord wants us to question too much.
以赛亚书第55章第8节:
Isaiah, Chapter 55, verse 8:
「我的道路,非同你们的道路」
“My ways are not your ways.”
我觉得,他真正想说的意思是:
And I think, what he basically means by that is:
我就是玄秘的,凡人啊
“I’m mysterious, folks.
顺从吧
Live with it.”
非常感谢,谢谢你们
Thank you very much. Thank you.
– 上帝啊,我♥干♥不了 – 没关係的
Oh, Jesus Christ, I can’t do it. – It’s alright.
我又没把他肢解或者怎麽样 你上哪儿去?
I didn’t chop him up or anything grizzly like that. Where are you going?
– 我不想干了 – 可我不能开车啊
I’m not doing it. – But I can’t drive.
– 我不会上车的 – 我刚开始学开车,按规定是要有人陪同的
I’m not getting in the car. – But, I’m a learner.
我觉得,现在这种情况下 正常的规定不适用
Officially I need someone with me. – I think, under the circumstances…
Grace ,等一下
the normal rules do not apply. Grace, wait.
– 那是谁? – Parker 太太
Who is it? – Mrs Parker.
看来我又得利用池塘了
I suppose I have to use the pond again.
又?
Again?
不,我不想瞭解 我进屋去了,随你怎麽干吧
No, I don’t want to know. I go inside, and you do whatever you have to do.
我觉得当孤儿真是悲哀
And I thought being an orphan was a bad thing.
上帝啊,他真的僵硬了
Oh my God, he’s really stiff.
– 哦, Holly ,你非得看吗? – 我以前从没见过这样的事
Oh, Holly, do you have to? – I never saw anything like this before.
上帝啊
Oh my God.
上帝啊
Oh my God.
上帝啊,这…
Oh, my God, that’s…
这不公平
It’s just not fair.
别人家的女儿可以和妈妈一起 筹备婚礼
Other daughters get to plan weddings,
一起做蛋糕,一起逛商店 可我在干什麽?
and bake cakes, and go shopping with their mothers. And what do I do?
– 在处理死尸 – 你知道,我也有资格说这种话
Dispose of dead bodies. – I could say the same, you know.
哦,要我去烧水吗?
Oh, shall put the kettle on?
只要 Jones 家还有女人 男人就会把她们毁掉
Men were the downfall of the Jones women for as long as there were Jones women,
所以说你对带回家的男人要当心
and that’s why you have to be careful about the types you bring home, dear.
你可能现在觉得粗野放荡的男人很有魅力 可是相信我,你正在走我们的老路
Wild and dangerous might be appealing now, but believe me, you’re on the same road.
– 就是这样 – 你是说我该找像爸爸这样的男朋友?
You are. – I should get me a boyfriend like Dad?
– 上帝啊,你会的,不是吗? – 你♥爸♥爸没什麽不好的,小姐
Oh my God, you would, wouldn’t you? – There’s nothing wrong with your father.
我知道你在他面前是个老泼妇 可我一直以为你是爱他的
I knew you were a bitch to him, but I always thought you loved him.
我真的爱他呀
I do love him.
– 我真的爱他呀 – 那麽那个色狼又是怎麽回事?
I do love him. – Then what about the letch?
我想爸爸还不知道他的事吧?
I’m assuming Dad doesn’t know about him?
因为我觉得他不该知道 他应该一点都不知道才对
Because I don’t think he should, I don’t think he should know anything.
– 对吗, Grace ? – 要保密,亲爱的
Right, Grace? – Mom’s the word, dear.
– 哦,你醒啦,我给你拿了些茶 – 谢谢
Oh, you’re awake. I brought you some tea. – Thank you.
你看,昨晚 Parker 太太 会不会看见什麽了?
Mrs Parker, last night, do you think she might have seen something?
不会,怎麽了?
No, why?
她正朝这儿来
She’s on her way over.
– 那也不表示她看到什麽了啊 – 谁?
That doesn’t mean to say she saw anything. – Who?
– 你们在说谁? – Parker 太太
What are you talking about? – Mrs Parker, maybe she saw something.
昨晚她可能看到什麽了
– 昨晚她什麽也没看见 – 昨晚她看见你了
She did not see anything last night. – She saw you last night.
– 没有 – 有可能哦
No. – Possibly.
– 上帝啊! – 我去解决她
Oh my God! – I’ll see to her.
不,你不能去,你就呆在这儿 被你解决的已经够多了
Oh no, you won’t. You’ll stay right here. You’ve seen to quite enough already.
– 上帝啊 – 镇静
Oh my God. – Just keep calm.
Goodfellow 太太,我把你吵醒了吗?
Mrs. Goodfellow, did I wake you?
– 说实话,是的 – 我希望你丈夫在家
Actually, yes. – I was hoping your husband would be home.
– 我有话要跟他说 – 不好意思,他出门了
I need to speak to him. – No, sorry, he’s away.
– 他要开三天的会 – 我要说的是…
He’s on a three day convention. – It’s about the…
插花委员会的事
the flower arranging committee.

Oh, uhm…
– 你该对他说,不是对我 – Cynthia Martin …
you’ll have to talk to him, not to me. – Cynthia Martin…
一直在不遗馀力地架空我
has been doing her level best to undermine my leadership.
我相信她是要抢班夺权
I believe she’s planning a coup.
– 抢班夺权? – 对,是瞒著我搞的!
A coup? – Behind my back, yes!
我要坐一下,你不介意吧
If you don’t mind, I just need to sit.
她瞒著我,也瞒著牧师
Behind my back and behind the Reverend’s back as well.
真是无♥耻♥之尤 我甚至要说
It’s a disgrace. I would even go as far as saying,
这问题已经超越道德范畴了 既然现在我知道了这些事
it is amoral. And knowing what I know now,
– 我就不能保持沉默 – 上帝,我没猜错,她知道了!
I don’t see how I can keep quiet. – Jesus Christ, I knew it. She knows!
我可以向你保证,如果牧师知道这事 他肯定会恼羞成怒
And when the Reverend finds out, he will be mortified, I can assure you.
– 我要去告诉他, Goodfellow 太太 – Grace , Grace ,别
I’m going to tell him, Mrs Goodfellow. – Grace. Grace, no.
不论这会造成多大的伤害 他都必须知道
No matter how much damage is done, he must be told.
好,我保证 Walter 会和 Cynthia Martin 好好谈谈的
Well, I’m sure Walter will have a quiet word with Cynthia Martin,
– 一切都会解决的 – 可这不光是 Martin 太太一个人的事
and it will be all sorted out. – But it’s not just Mrs Martin.
她们全都有肮髒的阴谋
They’ve all got their sordid little agendas.
六十年了, Goodfellow 太太 这样的事我还从没见过
In sixty years, Mrs. Goodfellow, I have never known anything like it.
我的身体也受了影响 这事对我的心脏影响很大,你知道吗?
And in my condition, too. It’s really affecting my heart, you know?
我真的不希望事情闹到这个地步 可现在已经这样了
I really do wish it didn’t have to come to this, but it does.
– 一定要告诉你丈夫 – 够了, Parker 太太
Your husband must be told. – That’s quite enough, Mrs Parker.
– 亲爱的,你让开 – 你干什麽?
Out of the way, dear. – What are you doing?
经过这麽多风雨以后 我决不能让这个家被拆散

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!