Home 喜剧电影 大话王(1997)

大话王(1997)

0
大话王(1997)

lf l keep making this face,
如果我一直做鬼脸
will it get stuck that way ?
舌头会卡住吗?
Uh-uh. ln fact some people make a good living that way.
不会,有些人靠这技俩赚钱
Now listen, Max. You’ve gotta do something for me.
听着,你得帮我个忙
l need you to take back that wish.
你得收回那愿望
So you can lie ?
你才能再说谎?
Yes.
没错
But not to you.
我不会对你说谎
You see, Max,
你要明白
sometimes grownups need to lie.
有时候大人得说谎
lt’s hard to explain, but if–
很难向你解释
Look, here’s a good example. When your mommy was pregnant with you,
就像你妈怀你时胖了四十磅
she gained 40 pounds; there was nothing she wouldn’t eat.
她大吃特吃,我被吓坏了
And Daddy was scared. But when she’d ask me, “How do l look ?”
她问我觉得如何
l’d say, “Honey, you look great. You’re glowing.”
我却得说,你简直美呆了
lf l had told Mommy she looked like a cow, it would have hurt her feelings.
要是我说她像头母牛就惨了
Understand ?
明白吗?
My teacher tells me real beauty’s on the inside.
老师说内在美才重要
That’s just something ugly people say.
丑八怪才这么说
Max, no one can survive in the adult world if they have to stick to the truth.
大人不说谎就活不了
l could lose my case, l could lose my promotion,
我不能胜诉、不能升职
l could even lose my job.
还可能会丢掉差事
Now, l need your help, Max.
我要你帮忙,好吗?
Okay.
好吧
Okay. Do whatever you did last night,
就像昨晚那样许愿
only this time, make it an “unwish.”
这次你得收回愿望
l did it.
好了
Excellent ! Now, l just need a little test.
太好了,我得做个小测验
Did it work ?
有用吗?
Not like l’d hoped.
没有用
Did you unwish it ?
你收回愿望吗?
Only–
有呀,可是…
What ? Only what ?
可是什么?
Yesterday, when l wished it, l really meant it.
昨晚我许的愿是真心的
This time when l unwished it, l only did it ’cause you told me to.
这次是你逼我 我才收回愿望
All right. Do it again.
好吧,再来一次
And this time, mean it.
这次你要真心真意
But l can’t !
我办不到
Why not ?
为什么?
‘Cause l don’t want you to lie.
我不要你说谎
l explained this.l have to lie. Everybody lies.
我跟你说过,我得说谎 人人都说谎,你妈会说谎
Mommy lies. Even the wonderful Jerry lies.
就连杰利也会说谎
But you’re the only one that makes me feel bad.
可是只有你才会让我伤心
Max, recess is over. Come on in !
麦斯,上课了,进来吧
Mom says we’re moving to Boston.
妈说我们要搬到波士顿
That isn’t for sure yet.
她还没有决定
She promised we’d talk about it tonight.
我今晚会到家里和她谈
l am coming !
我会去的
You believe me, don’t you, Max ?
你相信我吧?
l’ll see you later, buddy.
待会见,小子
Fletcher. How’s it hanging ?
你(那话儿)还好吧?
Short, shriveled and always to the left.
又皱又短,老垂到左边
Boss, it’s Skull. He knocked over another A.T.M.
豹哥来电,他又抢了银行
This time at knife-point. He needs your legal advice.
他要你的专业建议
Stop breaking the law, asshole !
别再犯法了,痞子
Boss, are you all right ?
老板,你还好吧?
My son hates me.
我儿子恨我
Max loves you.
他很爱你
l’ve seen you together. You’re his hero.
我看过你们,你是他的偶像
Oh, yeah ?
是吗?
Last night at his birthday party, he made a wish…
昨晚他许下生日愿望
that l wouldn’t be able to lie for one whole day.
他希望我有一天能不说谎
Kids.
孩子话
lt came true.
成真了
What ? Max’s wish !
什么?
lt came true.
麦斯的愿望成真了
Boss, maybe you should just take a few days off.
也许你该休息几天
Greta ! Didn’t it seem weird to you that l kept telling the truth all morning ?
你不觉得我今天有点怪吗?
Well, yeah. But–
是有点怪
What are you saying ? That you are incapable of lying ?
你是说你不会说谎?
That’s right ! l am incapable of lying !
没错,我不会说谎
Just for today ?
只有今天
Apparently. ‘Til 8:15 tonight.
直到今晚八点十五分
lt’s one of those 24-hour curses.
这是二十四小时的诅咒
Those are going around.
才怪
You don’t believe me, do you ?
你不相信?
Of course not.
当然不信
How ironic !
真是好笑
Okay. Ask me something you think l would normally lie about.
尽管问 你认为我会说谎的问题
All right. Remember a couple of months ago when l wanted a raise ?
好吧,几个月前我要求加薪
l don’t want to do this. And the company wouldn’t give me one…
算了,别问了
and l asked if you would give it to me out of your own pocket…
公♥司♥不肯 你说你自己掏腰包
And you said the company would not allow it, because it would create jealousy…
可是公♥司♥怕这么做
among the other secretaries.
会让别的秘书嫉妒
Was that true, or did you just not want to pony up the dough ?
这是真的 还是你不想出钱?
Greta, please !
葛妲,求求你
Judge Stevens, hi ! Fletcher Reede.
史法官,我是李费奇
l’m scheduled in your court in half an hour.
半小时要出庭
Judge Stevens, l badly, badly need a continuance.
我真的很希望能够延期
lll ? Am l ill ?
生病?我是不是生病?
That is the perfect question for you to ask.
问得好
Please lie for me ! l remember when you bought me this…
葛妲,帮我说谎
antique frame from Tiffany’s-Tiffany’s ?
这真是蒂芬妮的古董相框吗
Garage sale. Six-fifty, marked down from ten.
跳蚤市场买♥♥的烂货
l’ll give you the raise !
我现在替你加薪
Here’s your raise.
去你的吧
Hi, Judge Stevens ! l know l haven’t given you an answer.
史法官 我知道我还没回答
But illness could mean so many things.
病也有很多种
Can you hold ?
请稍候
Hello ? Mom !
喂?妈!
Hi ! l wasn’t really on vacation.
其实我没有休假
Because l didn’t want to talk to you !
我只是不想和你说话
Because you insist on talking about Dad’s bowel movements-size, color, frequency !
你老爱提爸大便的形状 和颜色
l’ll call you later ! Hello ?
再见
Oh, damn it ! l cut him off.
惨了,我把他挂断了
l cut off the judge !
他是法官耶
Greta ! Don’t leave !
葛妲,别走
I wear a suit a famous brand clothes kneels before you
我穿著名牌西装服 跪着求你
Mr. Reede. Several years ago, a friend had a burglar on her roof.
几年前 小偷爬到我朋友家屋顶
He fell through the skylight, landed on a butcher’s knife, cutting his leg.
他跌进厨房♥ 被菜刀割伤大腿
The burglar sued my friend. He sued my friend !
那小偷反而告我朋友
Because of guys like you, he won !
你们这种律师还帮他胜诉
My friend had to pay the burglar $6,000.
她得赔小偷六千元
ls that justice ?
这公平吗?
No.
当然不
l’d have got him ten.
我会争取到一万元
Good-bye, Mr. Reede. No, wait !
再会,李先生
l didn’t understand ! Ask me again !
我没听懂问题,再问一遍 我没听懂问题,再问一遍
Have a nice day in court.
祝你好运
Greta !
葛妲
Hi. God in heaven !
我的老天
lt’s nice to see you too, Fletcher. Are you busy ?
见到你真好,你在忙吗?
Extremely.
忙得很
Good. Would you follow me, please ?
好极了,跟我来
Did you know that the partnership committee is headed by Mr. Allan himself ?
艾先生亲自主持 合伙人委员会
Mm-hmm. You used to work directly for Mr. Allan.
你以前是他的属下,对吧?
Yeah.
没错
Tell me.
告诉我
What do you think of him ?
他的为人如何?
He’s a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard !
他是个脾气又臭又倔的 老顽固