同性恋与警♥察♥发生冲突
酒馆控诉警方残暴
警方查封同性恋酒吧 逮捕6人
我是哈维·米尔克 今天是11月18日 星期五
This is Harvey Milk speaking on Friday, November 18th.
除非我被人暗♥杀♥身亡 否则不得播放这盘录音
This is only to be played in the event of my death by assassination.
在我早期的一次运动中
During one of my early campaigns,
我第一次用如下的话作为演说 开始辞 后来这成了我的标志
I began to open speeches with a line and it became kind of a signature.
我是哈维·米尔克 你们跟我♥干♥吧
My name is Harvey Milk and I want to recruit you.
如果我的听众带有敌意…
If I was speaking to a slightly hostile audience
或其中多数是异性恋 我就会用笑话来暖场
or a mostly straight one, I might break the tension with a joke.
我知道 我跟你们想的不太一样
I know. I know I’m not what you expected,
我把高跟鞋放家里了
but I left my high heels at home.
我完全明白 如果有人和我一样…
I fully realize that a person who stands for what I stand for,
是一个同志积极分子
an activist, a gay activist,
很容易成为某些人攻击的目标
makes himself the target for someone who is insecure,
这些人生性多疑 草木皆兵 杯弓蛇影 庸人自扰
terrified, afraid and disturbed themselves.
如你所见 可能性正在转为现实
It’s a very real possibility you see,
这个国家用严重的偏见筑起了高墙
because in San Francisco,
而我们在旧金山给这堵墙开了个缺口
we have broken a dam of major prejudice in this country.
200房♥间 我在市长办公室
room 200. I’m in the mayor’s office.
我们想确认 究竟发生了什么
We are trying to ascertain what is happening.
【黛安】作为市政♥府♥参事会主席
As President of the Board of Supervisors,
在此我发布如下声明
it’s my duty to make this announcement.
莫斯科恩市长和哈维·米尔克参事
Both Mayor Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk
双双遭人枪杀身亡
have been shot and killed.
真希望能有时间阐述我做过的一切
I wish I had time to explain all the things that I did.
几乎每一件事都是为了同志运动
Almost everything was done with an eye on the gay movement.
片名: 米尔克
纽约市 1970年
喂 喂
Hey. Hey.
我叫哈维
I’m Harvey.
你好 哈维
Okay, Harvey.
今天是我生日
Today’s my birthday.
真的是我生日 我在午夜出生
No, hey, actually it is my birthday. At midnight.
真的么?
Really?
现在我正好没事
And, believe it or not, I don’t have any plans.
下班后有人带我出去转了一圈
Some people took me out after work.
哦 你在哪儿上班 我猜猜 是不是贝尔大妈(AT&T别称)?
Hmm. And that would be at, let me guess, Ma Bell or AT&T.
大美洲保险公♥司♥
The Great American Insurance Company.

Oh.
我猜我所任职的这家公♥司♥
I’m part of that corporate establishment that,
在你的心目中 就是世界的万恶之源
let me guess, you think is the cause of all the evil in the world,
从越战到尿布疹都是它的错
from Vietnam to diaper rash.
你有口臭哎
You left out bad breath.
开个玩笑
Just kidding.
你不会忍♥心让我一个人过生日吧?
You’re not gonna let me spend my birthday all by myself, are you?
听着哈维
Listen, Harvey,
你很迷人
you’re pretty cute,
但我不和超过40岁的人交往
but I don’t date guys over 40.
那今晚该我走运了
Well, then, this is my lucky night.
为什么?
Why is that?
因为我还是39岁
I’m still 39.
现在是晚上11点15分
It’s only 11:15.
走吧
Come on.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
我叫斯科特
I’m Scott.
见到你很高兴 做保险的哈维先生
Very nice to meet you, Mr. Harvey, insurance man.
你从哪儿来?
Where are you from?
密西西比州杰克逊(为该州首府)
Jackson, Mississippi.
这儿可不是杰克逊 不能见人就打招呼
This isn’t Jackson. You can’t respond to just every strange man
比如在地铁站台搭话的陌生人
that picks you up on a subway platform.
这样太危险了
It’s too dangerous.
哦 我现在知道了
Hmm, now you tell me.
纽约警♥察♥是最难对付的
The New York Police are the toughest.
到处都是这帮傲慢无礼的家伙
They’re arrogant and they’re everywhere.
我会带你去每一处活动场所
I’ll show you all the cruising spots,
但你一定要多加小心 斯科特小同志
but you have to be very careful, little Scotty-san.
你是不是吸过粉了?
Are you on some uppers or something?
没有 我本来就是这样
No. This is just plain me.
你怕那些警♥察♥?
And you’re scared of the cops?
我只想慎重一些 因为我认识很多人
I’m just discreet. I know a lot of people.
如果被他们瞧见 我的饭碗就难保了
If they see me, I could lose my job.
哦 原来你是地下工作者啊
Oh, you’re one of those.
我认为你该换个环境 认识些新朋友
Well, I think you need to find a new scene. Some new friends.
我需要改变 – 没错
I need a change. – I know.
你已经四十了
Yeah, you’re 40 now.

Oh.
都四十了 还没做过一件值得自豪的事
Forty years old and I haven’t done a thing I’m proud of.
继续吃蛋糕 不到50岁你就会变胖的
You keep eating this cake and you’re going to be fat by the time you’re 50.
不 我肯定活不到50岁…
That’s if I ever get to 50. Oh!
生日快乐 老家伙
Happy birthday, old man.
我们一起走吧
Why don’t we run away together?
去哪里?
Where to?
不论过去 还是现在
In the past, and still now,
旧金山是每个人都想拜访的地方
San Francisco was the place where everyone wanted to go.
在那里忘却往昔 寻求爱情
To drop out, to fall in love.
但在1972年 嬉皮文化在海特街兴起 一时间 毒品和犯罪充斥街头
But by 1972, the Haight was boarded up. Drug filled, crime filled.
我们这些流亡者给自己找了处新家
The new place for us refugees
位于尤利卡谷的爱尔兰天主教小区
was a little Irish Catholic neighborhood in the Eureka Valley,
这地方只有六个街区大
six blocks square,
又名”卡斯特罗”
the Castro.
昨天我把最后一张失业金支票给兑了
I cashed my last unemployment check yesterday.
希望你没乱花这笔钱
Well, I hope you did something useful with it.
我买♥♥了一盎司大♥麻♥
I bought an ounce of pot.
保持姿势别动
Don’t move for a second.
我想我可以去当招待
I suppose I can wait tables.
哪儿也不许你去
I don’t want you to go anywhere.
就在这里陪我
I want you right here with me.
我想开一家小店
I was thinking about a little shop.
卖♥♥什么的?
What kind of shop?
就是一家做日常生意的小店
Just a little shop with a little overhead.
不用费太多心思
Not too much work.
像纽约伍德梅尔区那种夫妻老婆店
Just like Morris and Minnie Milk of Woodmere, New York.
看见楼下有个小铺招租么?
Did you see the little place downstairs for rent?

Yeah.
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think about that?
很好啊
I think it sounds great.
再往左抬一点
A little bit up on the left.
(卡斯特罗冲印店)
嗯 很好 这样很好
Oh, it looks great. Looks great.

Yeah.
你们是新来的租客?
You’re the new renters?
你好 我是哈维·米尔克
Well, hello. Harvey Milk.
我是康纳利 – 欢迎光临卡斯特罗冲印店
McConnely. – Welcome to Castro Camera.
我是斯科特
Scott.
呃 那什么…
Yeah. Like, you know, I would like
我想加入…叫什么来着… 加入尤利卡谷商人协会
to join the, what’s it called, The Eureka Valley Merchants Association.
我不是无照经营
I’m not an interloper.
我可能算犹太人 我想你能体谅吧
A Jew, perhaps, but I hope you’ll forgive that.
如果你们开张
If you open those doors,
商人协会就会叫警♥察♥来取缔你们的
the Merchants Association will have the police pull your license.
我们犯了什么法?
Under what law?
你说什么?
Excuse me?
人类的法律 以及上帝的法律
There’s man’s law and there’s God’s law in this neighborhood
这个社区 这座城市都容不得你们
and in this city.
我们是纳税人
You know, we pay taxes.
不论依照哪种法律 旧金山警♥察♥都会乐于执行的
The San Francisco police force is happy to enforce either.
祝你们愉快
Have a good day.
谢了你啊 如此欢迎新邻居 太客气了!
Yeah, thank you for the warm welcome to the neighborhood!
熊样!
Schmuck!
算了
Well.
看啊
Hey.
好了 各位进来看看吧
Okay. Customers, come on in.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!