这种手绢可不是我们仆人用的 一定是某位高贵的女士的
That is the handkerchief not of a maid, but of a great lady.
比如您的女主人
Like your mistress?
是她的风格 对[德语] 但这不是她的
It is her style, ja, but not her handkerchief.
她所有的亚麻手绢我都知道
I know all her linen.
况且
Besides,
首字母也对不上
the initial is wrong.
公主殿下的名字是什么
What is the princess’s first name?
娜塔丽亚 先生[德语] 那是个俄♥国♥名字
Natalia, mein Herr. It is a Russian name.
看来我还得留着 直到找到失主为止
Then I must keep it until I find the rightful owner.
这张照片能否让我保留到今晚 我保证会还的
Might I also keep the photograph until this evening? I promise to return it.
好的 好的[德语] 照片我倒不急 我急的
Ja. Ja. That does not worry me, but this,
是这个
this does.
会不会控告我匿藏凶手的衣物
Am I to be accused of hiding it in my suitcase?
小姐[德语] 我敢肯定这不是您故意藏的
Fräulein, I am as sure you did not hide the uniform
我同样确信您是公主殿下善良忠实的朋友
as I am sure you are a good and loyal friend to your mistress.
不仅是个好女仆 还是个好厨师
Not only a good maid, but also a good cook.
不仅是烹饪高手 更是能互相慰藉的伴侣
Not merely a good cook, but a companion, a comfort, a solace.
是吧 您的厨艺很精湛吧
You see? You are a good cook, are you not?
我服侍过的夫人们都这么说 我
All my ladies have said so. I…
再见[德语]
Auf Wiedersehen.
“动物饼干汤里搁”
Animal crackers in my soup
引自美国童星秀兰·邓波儿[1928-2014]在电影《卷毛头》里唱的一首儿歌♥
“狮子老虎过山车”
Lions and tigers loop-the-loop
您要开服装店
You opening a dress shop?

No.
是在结束侦讯 希莫加在哪儿
We are closing an inquiry. Where is Shimoga?
-您说什么 -希莫加 这地方在哪儿
-I beg your pardon? -Shimoga, where is it?
啊 我没去过那儿 虽然我是在西北边境呆过
Well, it’s a bit off my track. I’m a Northwest Frontier man myself.
但希莫加在迈索尔邦 很靠南 怎么了
But Shimoga’s down south, in Mysore. Why?
那里有传教团吗
Does it possess a mission?
我怎么会知道 传教团在印度多如繁星
How the hell should I know? India’s pustular with missions.
您这次是从印度回英国吗
You are returning on leave from India to England?
-是的 -为什么走陆路
-Yes. -Why overland?
为什么不呢
Why not?
选择半岛东方轮船公♥司♥似乎更常见些
Because the sea route by P and O is more usual.
我从陆路走自有我私人的原因
I chose to come overland for reasons of my own.
阿布斯♥诺♥上校 在谋杀案调查中
Colonel Arbuthnott, in a murder inquiry,
疑犯不能有什么”私人理由”
no suspect’s reasons are exclusively his own.
我在迦勒底的吾珥古城住了一晚
I stopped for one night to see Ur of the Chaldees,
吾珥 古代美索不达米亚南部[苏美尔]的重要城市 位于今伊♥拉♥克♥境内
又与一个空军指挥官朋友
and for three days in Baghdad with the A.O.C.,
在巴格达呆了三天
who happens to be a friend of mine.
那位来自英国的德本汉小姐也去过巴格达
The English Miss Debenham also has traveled from Baghdad.
本案的作案人有可能是个女的
It is possible the murder was committed by a woman
或者一男一女合谋
or by a man and a woman in collaboration.
依您对德本汉小姐的了解
From your acquaintanceship with Miss Debenham,
从体力以及情感因素分♥析♥
would you have thought that she was
她是否会杀人呢
capable physically or emotionally or?
这该死的问题太不合理了
That’s a bloody irregular question.
我知道 但还是要问
I know, but I ask it.
德本汉小姐不是普通妇女
Miss Debenham is not a woman.
-她是位淑女 -难道淑女就
-She’s a lady. -Which precludes her
不会杀人了
from being a murderess?
该死 那男的她根本不认识
Damn it, the man was a perfect stranger.
-从来没见过 -您对她的事儿挺热心的
-She’d never seen him before. -You feel warmly in the matter.
我不明白您在暗示什么
I don’t know what you’re driving at.
那我们谈点实际问题吧
Then let us be practical and drive at facts.
您认识阿姆斯特朗上校吗
Did you know Colonel Armstrong?
只是知道 但没说过话
Not to speak to.
我们的部队不在一块儿
You see, his outfit and mine wouldn’t have mixed much.
我属于印度驻军 而他属于在印度服役的皇家卫队
I’m Indian army. He was British army, serving in India.
皇家步兵第一团
Royal Scots.
-您怎么知道的 -案发后
-How did you know? -It was in the papers
他举枪自杀 报纸上都登了
when he shot himself after the kidnapping.
真是不堪一击
Rotten show.
但他从前可坚强得多
Thought he’d been tougher than that.
毕竟他因在法国的战功荣获过DSO勋章与MC勋章
After all, he got a D.S.O. And an M.C. In France.
“杰出服务勋章”
Distinguished Service Order.
“军功十字勋章”
Military Cross.
我的上校[法语]
Mon colonel,
雷切特一共欠了五条人命
Ratchett was responsible for five deaths:
含冤自尽的女仆
The suicide of the falsely accused maid.
阿姆斯特朗家的小女孩
The murder of the Armstrong child.
分娩时死去的阿姆斯特朗太太
The death of Mrs. Armstrong,
没能幸免的胎儿
while giving premature birth to a stillborn baby.
眼睁睁看着曾经亲爱的人相继丧生
And the ultimate suicide of Colonel Armstrong,
阿姆斯特朗上校也举枪结束了性命
in the face of multiple and intolerable bereavements!
要是再授予他VC
I would have understood his action
算上先前的DSO和MC 我就能够理解他的行为了
if, in addition to the D.S.O. And M.C., he had been awarded the V.C.
您知道的 就是授予勇士的
Which stands, as you may know, for Victoria Cross
“维多利亚十字勋章”
and is awarded for valor.
依我看
Then, in my opinion,
雷切特完全是罪有应得
Ratchett deserved what he got.
尽管我更想看到他尽早受到法庭的正式审判
Though I’d sooner have seen him properly tried by jury.
由十二个好人组成的陪审团确实是健全的制度
Trial by 12 good men and true is a sound system.
我们认为凶杀发生在凌晨1点15分
We believe the murder was committed at 1:15.
您那时在干什么
What were you doing then?
我和那个年轻人正聊天呢 他叫什么来着
I was yarning with young… What’s his name?
麦奎恩 在他的包厢里
McQueen, in his compartment.
他对印度的未来颇感兴趣 但想法有点儿不切实际
He was interested in the future of India, a bit impractical.
他认为英国人应该撤军
He thought the British ought to move out.
你们总共聊了多长时间
How long did you stay yarning after that?
聊到1点30分 我
Till 1:30. It’s…
我管这叫”聊了三斗烟的工夫”
It’s what I call a three-pipe yarn.
阿布斯♥诺♥上校 在这节开往加来的车厢上
Colonel Arbuthnott, you are the only passenger in the Calais coach
唯有您一人抽”烟朵”
who smokes a “pipe”.
-好像是这么回事儿 -那这个
-So it would appear. -Then this…
想必是您的”烟朵”通条
…must be your “pipe” cleaner.
-牌子一样 -这是在死者床头的
-It’s the same brand. -It was found in an ashtray
烟灰缸里发现的
by the dead man’s bedside.
那就是有人存心放的 这根”烟朵”通条是用过的
Then someone planted it there. It’s a used “pipe” cleaner.
难道我会蠢到
Or are you suggesting that I’m fool enough
进去他包厢杀了他
to have entered Ratchett’s cabin, murdered him,
通了通”烟朵”出来前再把通条留在烟灰缸里
cleaned my “pipe” and dropped it in the ashtray before leaving?
不 阿布斯♥诺♥上校
No, Colonel Arbuthnott.
德本汉小姐
Miss Debenham.
-我能留下吗 -不能 阿布斯♥诺♥上校
-Can I stay? -No, Colonel Arbuthnott.
请坐
Please be seated.
请原谅 德本汉小姐 我必须扼要地问
Forgive me, Miss Debenham, I must be brief.
您与阿布斯♥诺♥上校在巴格达相遇并坠入爱河
You met Colonel Arbuthnott and fell in love with each other in Baghdad.
为什么英国人对正当的感情也总是讳莫如深呢
Why must the English conceal even their most impeccable emotions?
您仔细观察的结论
To answer your observations in order,
千真万确 是这样
of course, yes, yes,
我也不知道为什么
and I don’t know.
那我们就谈谈您知道的 在博斯普鲁斯海峡渡船上
Then let me tell you what you do know, that on the Bosporus Ferryboat
我无意中听到您与上校的一段谈话
I overheard a part of your conversation with the colonel.
“别在这会儿 别在这会儿
“Not now, not now. When it’s all over.
等一切都结束 等一切都已过去”
When it’s behind us, then.”
等什么都结束 德本汉小姐
When what was all over, Miss Debenham?
等什么都已过去
And when what was behind you?
是将要执行的任务
Was it some task that had to be performed?
是必须忍♥受的考验
Some ordeal that had to be endured?
还是有待完成的黑暗使命
Some dark deed that had to be dispatched?
波洛先生 这些问题我无法轻易回答
Mr. Poirot, I’m not at liberty to answer any of those questions.
在这儿不回答也许行得通
Not here on this train, perhaps.
但当南斯拉夫警方在布罗德接手这个悬而未决的谋杀案时
But when the Yugoslav police take over an unsolved murder case at Brod,
您若是不回答就行不通了
you will not remain at liberty unless you answer the questions.
我可以打长途电♥话♥给我的律师
I can always call my lawyers long-distance.
这是我和上校的私人问题
This is a private matter between the colonel and myself.
德本汉小姐 在谋杀案中 没有”私人问题”
Miss Debenham, in a murder case, no matter is private
况且 回避只会招致怀疑
and evasion breeds suspicion,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!