包含烟草描述
可怜的东西

Ba.
巴巴
Ba! Ba!
巴巴巴
Ba, ba, ba.
拜 -巴巴
Bye. – Ba, ba.
一堆器官 少了脑的活力
A pile of organs without the spark of self from a brain…
也没有来自心脏的血液
or the pump of blood from a heart.
只是屠夫的一盘周日午餐
Just a butcher’s tray for a Sunday lunch.
好 谁想重建这些器官
Now, who would like to reconstruct the organs?
谁能区分人与禽兽
And who can tell human from animal
假如其中有差别的话
if there is a difference?
快点
Come, come.
你们小时候玩过拼图吧
You did puzzles as children, did you not?
是我的问题
Is it just me,
还是怪物讲话时很难专心
or is it devilishly hard to concentrate when the monster’s talking?
他是非常杰出的外科医师
He is an extraordinary surgeon.
他的研究开创新局 他父亲创建本校
His research is groundbreaking. His father founded this place.
有人在跟你说话吗 迈斯麦坎多
Have you mistaken yourself as included in this conversation, Max McCandles?
不是坐在我们后面就能插嘴
Your physical proximity to us does not make it so.
滚开 老兄 去买♥♥套西装穿
Fuck off, old pal. Get yourself a suit.
你真的认为肝脏在那边吗
You really think that’s where the liver goes, sir?
老师 请问把它们放回去用意何在
Can I ask what is the purpose of putting them back in, sir?
因为我喜欢
My amusement.
迈斯麦坎多先生
Mr. Max McCandles!
下课后来找我
Walk with me at the end of the lesson.
你的报告
Your paper.
您喜欢吗
You liked it, sir?
它显示一个凡人努力往平庸迈进
It showed signs of a conventional mind straining hard to almost touch mediocrity.
谢谢 -我需要一个研究助理
Thank you. – I need someone. An assistant on a project.
我很乐意
I would love to.
你信教吗-我信上帝
Are you a religious man? – I believe in God.
我还是那个神-真幽默 您常…
Me or the deity? – Humorous, as you’re often known as the…
这是我自己讲的笑话
It is a joke of my own making.
不必解释给我听
I do not need it explicated for me.
魔鬼的研究
The very devil’s work.
您考虑过留胡须吗 老师
Have you thought of growing a beard, sir?
我会像戴着领巾的大狗
I look like a big dog in a cravat.
小孩子喜欢狗
Kids like dogs.
您说的工作
This job.
对 进来
Yes. Come.
上帝 上帝
God! God.
上帝
God.
你好 -你好
Hello. – Hello.
贝拉 这是麦坎多先生
Bella, this is Mr. McCandles.
你好 贝拉
Hello, Bella.
些 -血
Bud. – Blood.
些 -血
Bud. – Blood.
血 -好棒
Blood. – Marvelous.
我没事
I’m fine. I’m fine.
好漂亮的弱智儿
What a very pretty retard.
她脑部受过伤
She suffered a brain injury.
我帮她治疗
I repaired it.
她的心智和身体不太协调
Her mental age and her body are not quite synchronized.
语言能力加强中 她进步神速
Language is coming. She is progressing at an accelerated pace.
她美极了
She is stunning.
我必须细心记录她的进展
I need to meticulously note her progression.
你愿意帮我吗
You will do this for me?
那是我的荣幸
It would be my honor.
鸟鸟
Wee!
鸟鸟
Wee!
对 感觉好兴奋喔 贝拉
Yes. It is exciting, Bella.
“鸟鸟” 我想她是在…
“Wee.” I believe she’s doing…
普林太太
Mrs. Prim!
尿尿
Wee.
不喜欢吃腌鱼吗
Do you not like kippers?
其实我挺喜欢的
I am quite partial to them, actually.
我觉得早上吃很好…
I find them to be nice in the morning…
贝拉也来切
Bella cut, too?
只有死的才给贝拉
Just dead ones for Bella.
只有死的
Just dead.
只有死的
Just dead.
只有死的
Just dead.
戳…
Squish! Squish, squish.
恰格
Chog!
恰格
Chog!

Run!
恰格
Chog.
她一天学15个字
She gathers 15 words a day.
她的协调性还不稳定
Her coordination is unstable at best.
晚上有进步
In the evenings, there’s progress.
她的头发每两天长一吋
Her hair grows one inch every two days.
这里有头发生长表 -好极了
I have a hair diagram here. – Excellent.
你可以走了 明天见
You may go. See you tomorrow.
老师 她是从哪里来的
Sir, where did she come from?
我想你的工作是搜集资料
I believe your job is collecting data.
如果需要问蠢问题 我会通知你
When I add inane questions to it, I’ll let you know.
“因此 当他们从森林中回来
“And so, when they returned from the wood…
她和她的爸爸妈妈重逢
“she was reunited with her Mummy and Daddy.
那天晚餐 他们吃蛋糕吃到吐
“That night, for dinner, they ate cake until they were sick.
他们好开心又聚在一起”
“They were so happy to be back together.”
你是我爸爸吗 上帝
You me Daddy, God?
我… -普林说你不是
I… – Prim say you not be.
贝拉是捡来的
Bella nowhere girl.
哪里哪里捡的
Where that be? Nowhere?
你是孤儿
You are an orphan.
你♥爸♥妈死了
Your parents died.
你切开爸妈 上帝
Then you cut parents up, God?
没有
No.
他们是我的朋友
They were my friends.
他们是勇敢的探险家
They were brave explorers…
因为山崩死在南美洲
and they were killed in a landslide in South America.
他们大胆挑战极限
They pushed the boundaries of what was known…
付出了代价
and they paid the price.
人生那样才有意义 贝拉
But that is the only way to live, Bella.
他们送你来给我照顾
They sent you to me to care for you.
死了
Dead?
是的 亲爱的
I’m afraid so, my darling.
贝拉可怜
Poor Bella.
可是爱上帝
But love God.
在这里睡
Sleep here.
不行
No.
晚安 亲爱的贝拉
Good night, dear Bella.
秘鲁 对
Peru, yes.
为何每颗坚果写在本子上
Why you pen book every nut?
我必须记下你吸收的营养
I must note down your nutritional intake.
几颗
How many?
告诉贝拉其他地方
Tell Bella other places.
那是葡萄牙的里斯本
That’s Lisbon, Portugal.
法国南部 阿尔卑斯山
The south of France. The Alps.
澳洲
Australia.
遥远而危险 人和动物都是
Far away and dangerous, in both people and animal.
贝拉想看世界
Bella want look at world.
你…
Just…
贝拉
Bella.
贝拉 我们不应该上去
Bella, I don’t think we’re allowed up here.
我们…
Let’s just…
贝拉
Bella.
贝拉
Bella.
不行
No.
贝拉 这样很危险
Bella, this is dangerous.