我都没办法达到他的标准
I just can’t live up to his standards.
我想说如果我选修进阶先修课程
You know, the only reason I took this AP class
也许他会至少不把我当成笨蛋一次
is so maybe he’d think of me as not a complete idiot for once.
抱歉 -为什麽?
Sorry. -For what?
大家不想听葛兰朗辛的恋父情结
People don’t wanna listen to Graham Lansing’s daddy issues.
我会听
I’ll listen.
妳最好的朋友是谁?
Who’s your best friend?
班普朗基
Ben Plunkett.
不坚普朗基是妳最好的朋友吗?
No Nuts Plunkett is your best friend?
对,不要叫他那个绰号♥
Yes. And don’t call him that.
谁是你最好的朋友?
Who’s your best friend?
欧文柯克锡
Owen Kirksey.
最爱的电影?
Favorite movie?
《朝九晚五》
9 to 5.
最爱的书?
Favorite book?
《永不屈服》
Unbroken.
初吻?
First kiss?
彼得葛西亚,七年级的事
Peter Garcia. Seventh grade.
最近亲过谁?
Last kiss?
苏菲何曼,在凯拉的派对上
Sophie Homan. Kayla’s party.
妳以前都觉得我是个蠢运动迷吗?
Did you think I was just a dumb jock before this?

Yes.
你以前都不知道我是谁吗? -对
Did you know who I was before this? -No.
妳为什麽提议要帮我家教?
Why’d you offer to tutor me?
等你♥爸♥15分钟后回来就吃晚餐 去梳洗一下
Dinner in 15 when your dad gets home. Get cleaned up.
爸要跟我们一起吃晚餐? 我们怎麽有这荣幸?
Dad’s joining us for dinner? To what do we owe the pleasure?
在他回来前把情绪都发洩完吧
Get it all out now before he gets here.
想留下来吃晚餐吗?
Hey, do you wanna stay for dinner?
和你父母一起吃吗?
With your parents?
对,这很怪,妳不用… -没关係,我想留下来
Right. That’s weird. You don’t have to– -No, I want to.
除非你要收回那句话 如果是这样,我就不必留下来
Unless you wanna take it back, in which case, I don’t have to.
我想要妳留下来,所以我才问
I want you to. It’s why I asked.
好,那算我一份 -很好
Okay. Then I’m in. -Good.
我去梳洗一下 -好
I’m gonna go wash up. – Okay.
(班:我读过这本了吗? 算了,我买♥♥电影票了)
Have I read this?? nvm. got tix.
(嗨…嗨,妳离开葛兰家了吗?)
hellooooo… hv u left Graham’s?
(曼蒂:我很抱歉,这次先取消吧 我要在葛兰家吃饭)
So sorry gotta bail. Eating at Graham’s!
(班:妳为了和葛兰玩 取消我们的行程?)
ur bailing to hang with GRAHAM?!
(曼蒂:是为了我的未来,他爸会来)
It’s for my future!! His dad’s gonna be here.
(你可以退票吗?)
Can you return the ticket?
(班:我试试看)
ill try
菈托雅雷诺斯
LaToya Reynolds! -Oh!
班普朗基,你吓到我了
Ben Plunkett, you scared me.
我很抱歉,不好意思
Oh, I’m so sorry. So sorry.
我只是…看到妳在这裡我很惊讶
I’m just– I’m surprised to see you here.
因为我不去柯瑞艾克哈的派对吗?
Because I’m not going to Corey Eckhart’s party?
对,因为我…我当然知道有那个派对
Yeah, yes, ’cause I– I am definitely aware of that party.
那妳为什麽不去?
So, why aren’t you going?
我偶尔需要离开那群人一下
Every once in a while, I just need a break from that scene.
对…我也是
Yeah, I mean– Same.
我就知道你深有同感
I thought you could relate.
妳要看什麽电影?
Uh– What are you here to see?
《无尽末路》
Infinite Doom.
我不爱恐怖片 但有麦可B乔丹,我就会看
Scary movies are not my thing, but where Michael B. Jordan goes, I follow.
我也要看那一部,想一起看吗?
Well, I’m here to see that too. Do you wanna go together?
当然不是一起看,想都知道
Not together, of course. Obviously not together.
我的意思是妳愿意…
I just meant, like, would you–
想以朋友身分一起看吗?这样吧
Would you wanna go as friends? Or you know what?
我说出来以后才觉得这麽说也很放肆
Now that I say it out loud, friends may be presumptuous.
我现在意识到了
I can totally hear that now.
我想说的是,我有多一张电影票
What I mean to say is that I have this extra ticket,
想要的话可以拿去
and you can totally have it if you want it.
这只是同学互相帮助
And it would just be, like, one classmate helping out a fellow classmate.
仅此而已,这样吧
Nothing more than that. You know what?
如果妳不想要,我们甚至不必坐在一起
We don’t even need to sit next to each other if you don’t want to, so…
我很乐意帮助同学
I’d be happy to help out a fellow classmate.
我们也可以坐在一起
And we can sit next to each other.
太好了,因为已经划位了
Great. ‘Cause the seats are assigned.
你♥爸♥不会一起用餐了
So your dad won’t be joining us.
有个金主突然找他喝酒
He got pulled into last-minute drinks with a donor.
绝不能错过,他很快就要竞选连任了
Can’t be missed. Reelection’s right around the corner.
我真惊讶
Well, I, for one, am shocked.
别这样,他很努力工作
Stop it. He works hard.
曼蒂,妳明年要念什麽学校?
So, Mandy, where are you off to next year?
根据葛兰对妳的描述 妳一定有很多好学校能挑
The way Graham talks about you, I imagine you must have your pick of schools.
这…我的第一选择是哈佛
Well– You know, my first choice is Harvard.
我想成为唐恩斯博士的研究生 她很厉害…
I wanna study under Dr. Downs. She’s this amazing–
我知道她是谁
I know who she is.
我很爱她
I love her.
我去年去她的签书会… -我也是
I went to her book signing last year– -Uh, me too.
什麽? -对
What? -Yeah.
妳以前都在哪啊?
Where have you been hiding?
葛兰上次带来家裡的女生 问我们为什麽没住在白宫
The last girl Graham brought home asked why we didn’t live in the White House.
曼蒂是我的家教,妈
Mandy’s my tutor, Mom.
好吗?她和泰丝不一样 -是没错
Okay? She’s not like Tess. -No.
也不像珍娜或汉娜或泰勒 -好了啦
Or Jenna or Hannah or Taylor. -Stop.
我开玩笑的
Kidding.
曼蒂,拜託继续说,妳说妳想进哈佛
Mandy, so please, go on. You’re going to Harvard.
希望啦
Oh, hopefully.
我还在候补名单
I got wait-listed.
真可惜
Oh, that’s a shame.
妳知道我老公就是念哈佛吗?
Did you know my husband went to Harvard?
我不知道,天啊,太厉害了
Uh, no. I had no idea. Wow. That is so impressive.
如果有机会向他请益就太好了
You know, I would love the opportunity to pick his brain.
看看他能不能给我一些建议
See if he has any tips.
如果他有时间的话
Only if he has the time.
他的日程表相当难以预测
Oh, well, clearly his schedule is unpredictable.
但下週末他会在募资活动上受表扬
But, you know, next weekend there’s a fundraiser where he’s being honored.
我们全家人都要去
The whole family is going.
妳应该来参加,这样就能跟他聊聊
You should come. You could talk to him then.
不一定要来 -我很乐意
You don’t have to. -I would love to.
太棒了,我请葛兰给妳相关资讯
Excellent. I will have Graham get you the details.
妳觉得电影如何? -我就直说了
What did you think of the movie? – I’m just gonna say it.
麦可B应该出演所有电影 -好
Michael B should be in every movie. – Okay.
就连老电影都要 《铁达尼号♥》、《教父》、《大国民》
Even the old ones. Titanic, Godfather, Citizen Kane.
请他来拍重开机版
Go back. Remake ’em all with him in it.
好,所以妳喜欢囉?
Okay. So, you liked it?
看不太出来,因为妳整部电影下来都这样
It– It was hard to tell. You spent the whole movie like this.
我才没有
I did not.
妳很用力地靠在我身旁 我手臂都快瘀青了
I’m pretty sure I have a bruise on my arm from how hard you were leaning into me.
闭嘴啦
Shut up!
抱歉喔,痛吗? -有点
Oh, I’m sorry. Did that hurt? -A little.
我的车在这裡
Well, this is me.
我看得很开心
I had fun.
很高兴曼蒂取消行程
I’m glad Mandy canceled.
你说你们看完电影后,都会去吃鬆饼吗?
You said you two usually grab waffles after a movie?

Yep.
你想要… -我们学校见吧
Do you wanna– -I will see you at school.
在学校见
See you at school.
在学校见吧?你在干嘛,班?
See you at school? What are you doing, Ben?
我♥干♥嘛要跑?这只会让情况更糟
Why am I running? This is only making it worse.
我为什麽要让情况变更糟?
Why am I making it worse?
妳今晚让我妈留下了很好的印象
You made quite the impression on my mom tonight.
我猜我要感谢布兰妮 蒂芬妮、蕾秋和洁西卡
I guess I have Britney, Tiffany, Rachel and Jessica to thank.
那是妳瞎掰的
You’re just making up those names.
但你曾经和当中几个约会过?
But how many of them are girls you’ve dated?
两个半吧
Uh, two-ish.
那半个女生真可怜
Oh, I feel bad for that ish-girl.
没有,她很开心
No, she was very happy.
噁心
Gross.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!