我在澳大利亚的阳光海岸长大
I grew up on the Sunshine Coast in Australia,
也就是说 我和我的家人从未远离过大海
which means my family and I were never far from the ocean.
我们不是在海里 就是在海上
If we weren’t in it, we were on it.
我们其实就住在船上 它叫船屋号♥
We practically lived on our boat, Home Abroad.
虽然爸爸妈妈和我们四个孩子 蜗居在里面有点拥挤
It was a tight fit, Mum, Dad, and the four of us kids,
但只要一家人在一起就很开心
but we were happy because we were together.
到了晚上 妈妈会给我们讲 天上的外星人的故事
At night, Mum would tell us stories about a starman in the sky,
还有海浪声伴我们入眠
then the waves would rock us to sleep.
我永远不会忘记 第一次独自开船的经历
I’ll never forget the first time I sailed by myself,
忘不了当风鼓动船帆时 那油然而生的兴奋
the rush of excitement when my sail caught the wind,
和大海的神奇魅力
the magic and the allure of the sea.
我当上了船长 整个世界展现在我眼前
I was the captain and the whole world was in front of me,
等待着被发现
just waiting to be discovered.
我能听到大海在呼唤我的名字
I could hear the ocean calling my name.
12岁的我 为之深深着迷
By the time I was 12, I was obsessed.
四年来 我一直在研究海洋和海浪
For four years, I studied the ocean, the waves,
学习一切关于帆船的知识
and learnt everything I could about sailing boats.
我做了三份兼♥职♥攒钱
I worked three part-time jobs and saved money,
梦想着有朝一日能驾帆船周游世界
because I dreamed that one day I would sail around the world.
逐梦大海
(试航 2009年9月 太平洋 澳洲近海)
(鲍伊号♥)
杰丝 试航进展如何
Jess, how’s the practice run going?
刚被一艘突然出现的货船撞了
Cargo ship hit me. Came out of nowhere.
船进水了吗
You taking on water?
没有 看上去没漏水 但桅杆断了
No. No, doesn’t look like it, but I’ve been dismasted.
为什么警报没响
Why didn’t the alarm go off?
把你的坐标给我
Okay, give me your coordinates.
南纬26度 25…
Uh, we’re at 26 degrees, 25…
杰丝 稳住呼吸
Jess, breathe.
集中精神
Focus.
天啊 出什么事了
Oh, my God, what happened?
她没事 跟一艘货船撞了
She’s okay. Collided with a cargo ship.
她被货船撞了
She was hit by a cargo ship?
酷啊
Cool.
一点也不酷 汤姆
Not cool, Tom.
她不会有事吧
Is she gonna be all right?
-她一定不会有事的 回去睡觉 -想得美
-I’m sure she’ll be fine. Go back to bed. -As if.
杰丝 你受伤了吗
Jess, are you hurt?
没有 妈妈 我没事
No, Mum, I’m fine.
真的 我保证
Really, I promise.
我们说好了的 不能撞上任何东西
Thought we agreed, no collisions.
我也不想啊
I couldn’t help myself.
我能跟杰丝说话吗 我想跟杰丝聊
Can I talk to Jess? I want to talk to Jess!
-让我说几句吧 -等汉娜说完
-Oh, can I talk to her? -I haven’t talked to her.
-那是海盗船吗 -她把坐标报错了
-Jess, was it a pirate ship? -She’s getting her coordinates wrong.
我要呼叫海岸警卫队
Okay, come on. That’s it. -I’m calling the Coast Guard.
别 会有一堆记者涌过来的
-Don’t. Reporters will be lining the docks.
他们都等着看她失败呢 她不能一瘸一拐地回来
They are waiting for her to fail. She cannot come limping back in.
-你确定她的船还适合航海吗 -她认为可以
-Do we know if the boat’s seaworthy? -She reckons it is.
-那个16岁的姑娘… -杰丝需要确认她能独♥立♥完成行程
-Oh, well, as long as the 16-year-old– -Jess needs to know she can do this alone.
她离海岸只有32公里
She’s only 20 miles from the shore.
想象一下 如果这时候 她离最近的港口也有3200公里呢
Now imagine if she does this, and she’s 2,000 miles from the nearest port.
我们会在码头等你 也许情况没那么糟
We’ll be at the marina to meet you. It’s probably not that bad in daylight.
谢谢你 艾米莉
Thanks, Em.
杰丝
Jess!
好了 听到我说“迎风转向”
Okay, so when I say tack,
我们就把帆转向另一边
we’re gonna switch the sail to the other side.
准备好赢了吗
You ready to win?
好了 我们开始吧
All right, guys, let’s get started!
-嘿 杰丝 怎么了 -我还没准备好
Hey! Jess, what’s wrong? -I’m not ready.
-没有吗 -亲爱的
-No? -Oh, sweetheart.
-你不想去了 -还没做好心理准备
-Don’t want to go, kiddo? I think we’re still finding our sea legs.
-好吧 -我听说你是夺冠热门呢
-Fair enough. -Well, I heard you’re the favorite to win.
是啊 也许吧
Yeah. Maybe.
来呀 杰丝
Come on, Jess!
不试试怎么知道 海上是怎样的景象呢
You won’t know what’s out there unless you try.
别跑太远
No, no, not too far.
等等 艾米莉
Wait, Emily, wait!
快来 杰丝
Quick, Jess!
过来 好了
Come here. There you go.
杰西卡沃森唯一的试航提早结束 证明反对她此行的人…
Jessica Watson’s only sea trial has been cut short, proving her critics…
阿瑟顿 嘿 阿瑟顿
Atherton! Hey, Atherton!
他怎么就能过去
How come he’s allowed down there?
-阿瑟顿 -本
-Atherton. -Ben.
你们这帮人来这里干什么
Don’t know what you lot think you’re doing here.
我们来是因为…
Well, I guess we’re here because…
(警♥察♥-粉红号♥)
…居然有人要让一个孩子 开着一艘那么小的船出海
that boat is a shockingly tiny thing to send a child out to sea in.
-不光小 还很脆弱 -别理他了
-It’s pretty flimsy too. -Leave it.
趁火打劫的家伙
Vultures.
那就别让他们得逞
Then don’t feed them.
为什么不让得逞
Why aren’t we feeding vultures?
你姐姐尝试做的事
It’s not every day that someone
很少有像她这么年轻的人会去做
as young as your sister tries to do what she’s doing.
这是一件大事 人们会有疑问
It’s a big deal. People have questions, that’s all.
这令她成了关注的焦点
Plus, it makes her a target.
成功了 就把她捧成英雄 失败了 悲剧故事也能大卖♥♥
If she succeeds, she’s a hero. If she fails, well, tragedy sells.
她才十岁啊
She’s ten.
他们在寻找弱点 别让他们轻慢了你
They’re looking for weakness. Don’t let ’em treat you any different.
你是一名船长 明白吗
You’re a captain, got it?
好的 我是杰西卡的顾问 本布莱恩特
All right, I’m Ben Bryant, Jessica’s advisor.
杰丝
Jess.
我是杰西卡沃森
I– I’m Jessica Watson.
我计划成为全世界最年轻的独自完成
And, uh, I… I’m planning on being the youngest person
无间断环球航海之旅的人
to sail around the world nonstop and unassisted.
昨晚发生了什么事
Jessica, what happened last night?
-发生了碰撞 -是你的错吗
-There was a collision. -Were you at fault?
一艘货船偏离了它的航道
A cargo ship detoured from its route.
杰西卡 这是你唯一一次试航的第一夜
Jessica, this was night one of your only test run.
你无法平安在两个港口之间往返 又如何环游世界呢
How are you gonna make it around the world if you can’t make it between two ports?
本 我们不是来听你说话的 谢谢
Uh, and we’re not here for you. Thanks, Ben.
我相信我可以
I believe I can.
你明白你要做的是什么吗
You understand what you’re in for?
那可是汪♥洋♥大海啊 海浪有公♥寓♥楼那么高
Uh, we’re talking open ocean, waves the size of apartment buildings,
风速130公里每小时
70-knot winds.
这就是航海界的珠穆朗玛峰
I mean, this is the Mount Everest of sailing.
对 航线确实颇有挑战性
Well, yes, the– the route is challenging,
但我半辈子都在航海 所以我…
but, uh, I’ve sailed half my life, so I–
也就是只有几年喽
So a couple years then?
我已经完成了 18520公里的里程数 我有资格
I’ve done the 10,000 nautical miles. I’m qualified.
而且我们做足了准备
And we’ve prepared.
她怎么能想到 会有货船连航海雷达都不看
How could she prepare for a cargo ship that ignores its radar?
那为什么在撞击之前 你的感应警报器没向你示警
So why didn’t your proximity alarms alert you before the crash?
我忘记把它打开了
-I forgot to turn them on.
沃森先生 沃森太太 你们想必无法认同此种行为吧
Mr. and Mrs. Watson, surely you have reservations hearing that?
她犯了一个错误 我相信她不会再犯
She made a mistake. It’s one I’m certain she won’t make again.
你们不认为16岁太年轻了吗
So you don’t think 16 is too young?
我们凭什么否定她的梦想
Who are we to deny her her dreams?
她一直为之努力奋斗 也证明了她有这个实力
She’s worked hard and proven she can do this every step of the way.
那么 新的启航日定在哪一天
So when is the new departure day?
我想应该在♥十♥月♥中旬之前出发吧
Uh, well, I guess we just have to leave by mid-October.
也就是两周后 很乐观啊 不是吗
So two weeks. Hmm, optimistic, no?
那是南冰洋布满冰山之前的 最后一个窗口期
Well, it’s the last window before the Southern Ocean’s filled with icebergs.
杰西卡
Jessica!
如果官方让你取消计划呢
Well, what about calls by authorities to cancel altogether?
本 你有能力 让这个女孩平安回家吗
Ben, are you the right person to bring this girl home?
我有经验
Got a bit of experience.
但你在千禧杯比赛担任船长时 就曾失去一名船员
But as captain in the Millennium Cup, you lost one of your own crew members.
马特特纳
A Matt Turner.
嘿 够了
Hey! That’s enough.
-请让我说完… -不 我们听够了
-Well, let me finish– -Nah. We’re done here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!