Did you have any interaction with Bob
我唯一见到鲍勃的时候
The only time I saw Bob was when he was onstage
就是他在台上演出 或者在开大巴
or driving the bus.
鲍勃很沉默寡言
You know Bob kept to himself.
为什么取了“滚雷巡演”这个名字?
How did it become “Rolling Thunder Revue”
我问过鲍勃 他说本来打算叫做
Well, I asked Bob. He said originally he was gonna call it
蒙特祖玛巡演的
Montezuma’s Revue,
但是他在家
but then he said he was home,
想要给巡演想名字的时候
and he was just kind of trying to think of a name for the tour,
突然听到天空传来一声惊雷
when all of a sudden in the sky, he heard, “Boom!”
然后从左至右
And then, from left to right,
划过天空
punctuating the sky,
隆隆隆隆
“Boom, boom, boom, boom!”
于是他说:“不如就叫滚雷吧”
So he said, “Hey, let’s call it ‘Rolling Thunder.'”
我们出发前
So before we even left,
切斯利·米丽金说:
Chesley Millikin, who was on the tour, says,
“鲍勃 知道滚雷 对印第安人来说是什么意思吗?”
“Bob, you know what ‘rolling thunder’ means to the Indians”
他说:“什么意思?” 切斯利说:“说实话”
And he goes, “What, man” And Chesley goes, “Speaking truth.”
鲍勃说:“很高兴听到 老兄”
And then Bob goes, “I’m glad to hear that, man.”
当然我们后来才知道
Of course, later on we found out that Rolling Thunder was actually
滚雷是尼克松轰炸柬埔寨行动的代号♥
the code name for, uh, Nixon’s bombing of Cambodia.
而后备乐队叫关岛乐队 关岛则是轰炸行动出发的基地
And that Guam, the backup band, was the base that, uh, they took off from.
所以谁知道真实的缘由呢?
So, who knows what the real story is.
这是下周会在市里举办的 音乐会的宣传册
This is the leaflet for a concert they’re having in town next week.
鲍勃·迪伦 琼·贝兹 和杰克·埃利奥特
Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Jack Elliott.
就在公民中心
Right in the Civic Center.
你懂的 我年纪太大了 不听这种了
You know me, I’m too old for that kind of stuff.
行吧
Oh, well.
没事
– Okay. – So…
你第一次听说鲍勃是什么时候?
when did you first hear about Bob
这听起来像是童话故事了
This is like a… a… It sounds like a fairy tale,
但很多…
but all… a lot of the…
每次发生不会超过几天
It doesn’t happen continuously for more than a few days at a time,
但我人生有很多部分
but a lot of my life,
我都感觉自己的人生是被保佑的
I feel like I really am leading a charmed life,
因为奇迹通常会接二连三的发生
because miracles start happening in threes or fours.
关于杰克·埃利奥特 我可以说的是
One thing I could tell you about Ramblin’ Jack,
他更像是个水手 而不是歌♥手
he’s more of a sailor than a singer.
他会系各种各样复杂的水手结
He can tie a bowline, a clove hitch, and he could tie a rolling hitch,
而且蒙着眼睛都能做到
all blindfolded.
如果你在船上或者帆船上
If you’re ever on a boat or sailing ship,
你会宁愿杰克·埃利奥特作为水手 而不是歌♥手出现在船上
you would rather have Ramblin’ Jack there as a sailor than a singer.
伦敦是个水手的好地方
Now, London is a fine town For sailors
加利福尼亚回到法国
California and back to France, so…
你宁愿做刚来美国的英国清教♥徒♥ 还是印第安人?
Which would you rather be, the Pilgrims or the Indians
-清教♥徒♥ -为什么?
– Pilgrims. – Why the Pilgrims
为什么想做清教♥徒♥?
Why do you wanna be the Pilgrims
因为清教♥徒♥们登陆之后都成了蜡像
‘Cause the Pilgrims all land and they turn into wax dolls,
然后下半辈子都以蜡像的形式存在
and they’re wax dolls for the rest of the universe.
印第安人也是
So the Indians.
没错
Well, you know, the Indians, that’s true… Well, we’re all wax dolls, so…
我们都是蜡像
第一个音乐会将会在普利茅斯开
The first concert will take place in Plymouth…
就是当时清教♥徒♥们乘坐五月花号♥ 第一个抵达的地方
Uh, where the, uh, Pilgrims stepped off their Mayflower.
而我们似乎是清教♥徒♥
We’re… as if we’re… we’re Pilgrims.
在搜寻者的这个意义上说
Pilgrims in the sense of searchers,
是在寻找着某种国家
looking for the, uh, kingdom of a nation
也许意图不同
with maybe a different intention.
我觉得美国是一个诗歌♥的王国
Making America a kingdom of poetry,
诗歌♥的国度
a nation of poetry.
嘿 瞧瞧
Well, look at this. Look it.
你听说过鲍勃·迪伦吗?
Have you ever heard of Bob Dylan
-是 -是 我听说过鲍勃·迪伦琼·贝兹
– Yeah. – Yeah, I’ve heard of Bob Dylan, Joan Baez,
鲍勃·内斯
Bob Neuwirth.
…performing at Memorial Auditorium. Anybody
Pass ’em out.
我离开了罗马
I left Rome
来到了布鲁塞尔
And pulled into Brussels
坐着飞机
On a plane ride
颠簸到我差点哭出来
So bumpy that I almost cried
穿着制♥服♥的牧师
Clergymen in uniform
年轻的女孩拉伤了肌肉
Young girls pullin’ muscles
那绝对是个
Well, it sure has been
不同寻常的旅程
One hell of a ride
报社记者
Newspapermen
吃着糖果
Eating candy, ooh
得靠厉害的警♥察♥
They had to be held back
才能阻止他们
By big police
某天一切都会不同
Someday Everything is gonna be different
等我画完那幅杰作
When I paint that masterpiece
铁路事故
Train wrecks
在我记忆深处回荡
Running through the back of my memory
当我跑上山顶
When I ran on the hilltop
追逐一群大雁
Following a pack of wild geese
某天一切都会变美
Someday Everything is gonna be beautiful
等我画完那幅杰作
When I paint that masterpiece
等我画完那幅杰作
When I paint
That masterpiece
你知道他为什么要戴面具吗?
Any idea why he would wear a mask
你在搞笑吗?
Are you being funny
算是个诱导性问题吧
Well, it was kind of a leading question.
行吧
Yeah, okay.
那就问重点
Well, get to the point.
巡演的时候我们的面具不够
We didn’t have enough masks on that tour.
应该所有人都戴上面具的
We should have had masks for everybody.
戴上面具之后
When somebody’s wearing a mask,
这个人就会说真话
uh, he’s gonna tell you the truth.
不戴面具的时候 基本不可能说真话
Uh…when he’s not wearing a mask, it’s highly unlikely.
蓝色惊奇乐队
Shocking Blue!
她的武器是她亮晶晶的眼睛
Her weapons were her crystal eyes
让每个男人疯狂
Making every man mad
我当时在拍蓝色惊奇乐队
I’d been filming Shocking Blue.
他们的歌♥曲《维纳斯》 当时在榜单上名列前茅
Their song “Venus” was at the top of the charts.
我们需要更多素材
– Wow! – And we needed more footage.
但当时我喜欢致幻类药物
And at the time, I liked psychedelics.
LSD是我最喜欢的毒品
Oh, LSD was my drug of choice.
你知道 这是一种变革性的体验
You know, it was trans… transformative.
我拍了很多新闻人 还有电视上的东西
And I filmed a lot of newspeople and things from the TV,
把摄像机直接对着电视拍 就像电视节目录像一样
like camera right on the TV, like kinescoped,
然后将这些严肃的东西 严肃的讲话 与摇滚剪辑在一起
and I cut these serious things, these speeches, with the rock ‘n’ roll.
一个山顶的女神
A goddess on a mountaintop
像银色的火焰在灼烧
Was burning like a silver flame
我是你的维纳斯
Well, I’m your Venus
我是你的火焰…
– I’m your fire at your desire –
就像是面板和游戏
uh…It was brood en spelen,
就像把面包和马戏团
You know, like, “bread and circus.”
我控告了流行文化
I made an indictment of popular culture.
称其为“像银色火焰一样燃烧”
I called it “Burning Like A Silver Flame.”
在当地的艺术电影圈播放
It played the local art film circuit,
开始有了自己的生命
uh, and it started to have a life of its own.
之后我拿下了东德的 海因里希格雷夫奖
Um, later, when I won the Heinrich Greif Award,
然后美国就找上了我
America came calling.
(《美国总统》 斯蒂芬·凡多普作品)
凡多普
Van Dorp,
我之前都没听说过他
I hadn’t even heard of him before,
但他看起来挺不错的
but, uh, he seemed like an okay guy.
我喜欢他拍电影的经历
I liked his film history.
他在杜莎夫人蜡像馆拍摄过影片
He did some film work at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
他的想法是把这部影片
His idea was to, uh, make this film…
做成像是我们小时候去电影院看过的
appear to be like old newsreels we used to see at movie theaters…
新闻影片
growing up,
我觉得这是个非常好的想法
which I thought was a splendid idea.
凡多普 我有话要和你说
Van Dorp, I wanted to tell you something.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!