Home 爱情电影 理智与情感(1995)

理智与情感(1995)

0
理智与情感(1995)

believed it might, in time, lessen your sister’s regrets.
只因为我相信 这或能化解令妹的遗憾
I have described Mr. Willoughby as the worst of libertines.
我把卫先生形容得很放荡
But I learned from Lady Allen that he did mean to propose that day and…
但艾夫人告诉我 他那天的确有意求婚
I cannot deny that his intentions towards Marianne
我不能否认他对玛丽安
were honourable. And
原本是真心真意的
I feel certain that he would have married her.
我相信他原本会娶她
Had it not been…
要不是有
For the money.
钱的问题
Dearest, was I right to tell you? Of course.
我全说了 这样对吗 当然
Whatever his past actions, whatever his present course,
不管他过去怎样 今后如何
At least you may be certain that he loved you.
可以确定的是他爱过你
But not enough.
但还不够深
Not enough.
不够深
Here is someone to cheer you up, Miss Dashwood.
我给你找了个伴 戴小姐
How is your dear sister? Miss Dashwood.
你妹妹好吗 戴小姐
Poor thing.
真可怜
I must say I do not know what I should do if a man treated me with so little respect.
我若给男人这般对待 真不知该怎么办
How are you enjoying your stay with John and Fanny? Miss Steele.
你在约翰家住得还好吧 史小姐
I was never so happy in my entire life, Miss Dashwood.
我这辈子从来没这么开心过
I do believe your sister-in-law has taken quite a fancy to me.
我想你大嫂喜欢我
Oh, I had to come, for you cannot imagine what has happened.
有件事你一定猜不到
No, I cannot.
我是猜不到
Yesterday I was introduced to Edward’s mother.
昨天我见了爱德华的母亲
And she was a vast deal more than civil.
她对我不只客气而已
I have not yet seen Edward, but I feel sure to, very soon.
我还没见到爱德华 但应该快了
Come in.
进来
There is a Mr. Edward Ferrars to see you, Miss Dashwood.
有位爱德华·费洛斯找您 戴小姐
Oh.

Do ask him to come in.
请他进来
Mr. Ferrars.
费洛斯先生
Miss Dashwood.
戴小姐
What a pleasure to see you. Miss Dashwood, how can I…?
真高兴见到你 戴小姐 我怎么会
You know Miss Steele, of course.
你一定认识史小姐吧
Indeed. How do you do, Miss Steele?
你好吗 史小姐 我很好 谢谢
I am well, thank you, Mr. Ferrars.
我很好 谢谢 费洛斯先生
Do sit down.
请坐
Thank you.
谢谢
Yes.

You must be surprised to find me here, Mr. Ferrars. I expect you thought I was at your sister’s house.
你很意外会在这见到我 你以为我在令姐家吧
Let me fetch Marianne, Mr. Ferrars. She would be disappointed to miss you. Edward!
我去叫玛丽安 她一定很想见你 爱德华
Edward! I heard your voice.
爱德华 我听到你的声音
At last you found us. Forgive me, Marianne. My visit is shamefully overdue.
你终于来了 原谅我 我不该这么晚才来拜访
You’re pale. You’ve not been unwell, I hope.
你脸色好苍白 没事吧
Don’t think of me. Elinor is well, you see
别管我 爱琳娜好好的
That must be enough for both of us.
我们该满足了
Indeed. And how do you enjoy London, Miss Marianne?
确实 玛丽安 还喜欢伦敦吗
Not at all. The sight of you is all the pleasure it has afforded.
只有见到你 才有乐趣
Is that not so, Elinor?
对不对 爱琳娜
Why have you not visited before?
你怎么现在才来看我们
I have been much engaged elsewhere.
我有事走不开
Engaged elsewhere?
有事走不开
But what was that when there were such friends to be met?
比跟朋友见面还重要吗
Perhaps Miss Marianne you think young men never honor their engagements, little or great?
或许玛丽安你认为年轻的男人 都不遵守约定
No, indeed.
当然不是
For Edward is the most incapable of being selfish of anyone I ever saw.
爱德华是我认识的最不自私的人
Edward, will you not sit?
爱德华 怎么不坐
Elinor, help me to persuade him.
爱琳娜 你叫他坐
Forgive me, forgive me. I must take my leave.
对不起 我得走了
You are only just arrived.
你才刚到
If you would excuse me, but I’ve an urgent commission attend to on Fanny’s behalf.
原谅我 我得替芬妮办点急事
In that case, perhaps you might escort me back to your sister’s house, Mr. Ferrars.
那你能送我回令姐家吗
It would be an honour.
这是我的荣幸
Miss Dashwood.
戴小姐
Marianne.
玛丽安
Why did you not urge him to stay?
你怎么不留住他
He must have had his reasons for going.
他要走 自然有原因
His reason was, no doubt, your coldness!
那一定是你太冷淡
If I were Edward, l would assume you did not care for me at all.
换作我 我也会认为你不喜欢我
Poor Miss Marianne looked very badly the other day.
玛丽安那天好可怜
When I think of her, it frightens me to think that I shall never marry.
一想到她 我都不敢结婚了
Nonsense. You will marry far better than the Dashwood girls.
胡说 你的归宿会比戴家她们都好
Oh, but I have no dowry.
可是我没有嫁妆
There are qualities which will always make up for that and you have them in abundance.
你还有其他美德足以弥补
It would not surprise me if you were to marry far and away beyond your expectations.
说不定你的婆家 远比你想像的好
Oh, I wish that might be so.
能那样就好了
There is a young man.
是有一个人
Aha. I’m glad to hear of it. Is he of good fortune and breeding?
他的家境 背景好吗
Of both. But his family would certainly oppose the match.
都很好 但他的家人一定会反对
Hush. They will allow it as soon as they see you.
他们一见到你就一定会赞同的
It is a very great secret.
这是天大的秘密
I’ve told nobody in the world for fear of discovery.
我谁都没说 深怕被人发现
I am the soul of discretion.
我这个人最靠得住
If I dared tell…
如果我说出来
I can assure you, I am as silent as the grave.
我保证 我绝对守口如瓶
It’s your brother Edward.
是你弟弟爱德华
Viper in my bosom!
敢在太岁头上动土
Get out!
给我滚
Stop this! Stop this!
住手 住手
Oh, my dears. What a commotion!
哦 亲爱的 天下大乱了
Mr. Edward Ferrars, the very one I used to joke you about, Miss Dashwood.
我拿来开玩笑的那位费先生
is engaged these five years to Lucy Steele.
已经跟史小姐订婚5年了
Poor Mr. Ferrars. His mother, who by all accounts is very proud,
他母亲要求他解除婚约
has demanded that he break the engagement or suffer disinheritance.
否则将撤消他的继承权
But he has refused to break his promise to Lucy.
但他拒绝毁约 他坚持要娶她
He has stood by her, good man, and is cut off without a penny.
他站在她那边 一毛钱也不要
She has settled it all irrevocably on Mr. Robert.
他妈就把家产给了罗伯特
I cannot sup. I must go to Lucy.
我不吃了 我要去找露西
Your sister-in-law scolded her like any fury, drove her to hysteria.
她被你嫂子臭骂了一顿
How long have you known?
这件事你知道多久了
Since the night Mrs. Jennings invited us to London.
詹太太选我们来伦敦那晚
Why did you not tell me?
你为何不告诉我
Lucy told me in strictest confidence.
露西叫我不要说出去
I could not break my word. He loves you!
我不能食言 他爱你
He made me no promises. He tried to tell me about Lucy.
他和我没有约定 他试着告诉我露西的事
He cannot marry her.
他不能娶她
Would you have him treat her even worse than Willoughby has treated you?
你要露西的遭遇比你还惨吗
No.

But nor would I have him marry where he does not love.
但我也不能让他不能娶自己不爱的人啊
Edward made his promise long ago long before he met me.
他们早有约定 在他遇见我很久之前
Though he may harbor some regret, I believe that he will be happy
他或许有些后悔 我相信他会很高兴
in the knowledge that he did his duty and kept his word. After all,
自己负起责任并且信守承诺 毕竟
After all that is bewitching in the idea of one’s happiness entirely depending on one person.
毕竟 我们希望从别人身上找到幸福
but it is not always possible. We must accept.
却未必能够找到 认命吧
Edward will marry Lucy, and you and I will go home.
爱德华会娶露西 而你和我就回家
Always resignation and acceptance.
你总是听天由命
Always prudence and honour and duty.
总是有百般顾虑
Elinor, where is your heart?
爱琳娜 你的心在哪里
What do you know of my heart, what do you know of anything but your own suffering?
你怎会了解我的心 你只知道自己的痛苦
For weeks, Marianne, I’ve had this pressing on me.
这秘密一直闷在我心里
Without being at liberty to speak of it to a single creature.
我不能跟任何人说
It was forced on me by the very person whose prior claims ruined all my hopes.
而告诉我的人 就是夺走我希望的人
I have endured her exaltation again and again whilst knowing myself to be divided from Edward forever.
我听她一再的夸赞 自知和爱德华永无结果
Believe me, Marianne, had I not been bound to silence,
如果我能说的话
I could have produced proof enough of a broken heart, even for you.
我会说出我的心有多痛 即使是你
Oh.

I have heard fhat owing to his engagement to your friend Mr. Ferrars
听说你朋友的继承权
has lost his fortune irrevocably fo his brother.
被转至他弟弟名下
Have I been rightly informed? Is it so? It is. Indeed so.
这消息正确吗 没错
Are you acquainted with Mr. Ferrars?
你认识费先生吗
No, we have never met.
我们未曾见过面