直升机叶片呼啸
[Helicopter Blades Whirring]
又到了战争的年代
[Man] The time has come to go to war again.
不是跟伊♥拉♥克♥国际恐♥怖♥分♥子♥,也不是跟前南斯拉夫……
Not with Iraq, international terrorists, or what was once Yugoslavia…
而是跟地中海果蝇……
but with the medfly…
一种很有破坏性的地中海果蝇……
a potentially devastating insect…
它选择加利福尼亚作为它的新家
that has chosen to make California its new home.
尽管喷雾对公众的健康不会产生很大的害处……
Despite assurances that spraying poses no significant health risks to the public…
公众还是不太相信
the public is not convinced.
人们觉得自己都被蒙在鼓里
People sense they’re being kept in the dark purposely.
而且还没有关于……
Furthermore, there is no consensus…
这个目标甚至是否存在的共识
as to whether the objectives are even realistic.
我们能打赢这场仗吗?
[Commentator Continues] Is this a war that can be won?
有人说不能
Some say no.
我们真的肯定人们能掩护他们自己吗?
Are we just going through the motions so certain people can cover themselves?
– 亲爱的,开始了!
– 有人说能
– [Man] Honey, it’s on!
– [Commentator] Some say yes.
– 好,我来了
– 这场仗打得怎么样?
– Okay, I’m coming.
– How is this war fought?
就像钓鱼一样要用鱼饵
It’s like fishing. We use bait.
在晚上,实际上诱饵在整个城市里到处可见
Actually, the bait is spread over our city at night, like a glaze.
这是很不同的诱饵……
This is very discriminate bait…
– 你上电视时一定要戴眼镜吗?
– 就像炸♥弹♥一样
– Do you have to wear your glasses on TV?
– Like smart bombs…
– 嘘
– 只是毁掉了该炸毁的东西
– Shh.
– That destroy one thing, but nothing else.
诱饵吸引了饥饿的、新孵化的果蝇……
The bait attracts the hungry, newly hatched medflies…
并只毒杀它们
and poisons only them.
战争的目的很明确……
[Commentator Continues] The war’s objective is clear…
就是在地中海果蝇有机会毁灭人类之前毁掉它
destroy the medfly before it has a chance to destroy us.
评论员继续,淡出
[Commentator Continues, Fades]
古典:大提琴,弦乐
♫ [Classical: Cello, Strings]
好的
All right.
看那
– [Whispering] Look over there.
– ♫ [Continues]
玛丽安,什么那么有意思?
[Whispering] Marian, what’s so interesting?
那不是艾历克斯·崔贝克吗?
Isn’t that Alex Trebek?
– 艾历克斯·崔贝克?哪里?
– 在那里,在那个白发女人旁边
– Alex Trebek? Where?
– Over there, next to the woman with the white hair.
那是艾历克斯·崔贝克?
[Woman Gasps] Is that Alex Trebek?
肯定是的
[Marian] Yes, I’m sure it is.
谁是艾历克斯·崔贝克?
Who’s Alex Trebek?
玛丽安
Marian.
拜托
Please.
直升机叶片呼啸
[Helicopter Blades Whirring]
直升机的桨叶继续呼啸
[Helicopter Blades Continue Whirring]
……他们用了时间接受与地中海果蝇共存的政策……
[Commentator]… taken their time adopting a policy of coexistence with the medfly…
因为那对于我们来说是唯一现实可行的方法
’cause that’s the only realistic course open to us.
安迪,你在很远的地方啊
[Woman] Oh, Andy, you’re a long ways away.
我在洛杉矶,你能听见直升机的声音吗?
I’m in L.A. Can you hear the helicopters?
电视:评论员继续
[TV: Commentator Continues]
你穿着什么?
What are you wearing? [Chuckles]
已经脱了?真是快
Already? That was fast.
钢琴、爵士乐队
♫ [Piano, Jazz Band]
女声:如果你在寻找彩虹
[Woman] ♪ If you’re looking for a rainbow ♪
你知道会下雨的
♪ You know there’s gonna be some rain ♪
一分钟你就充满了幸福
♪ One minute you’re filled with happiness ♪
下一分钟除了疼痛什么都没有
♪ Next minute there’s nothing but pain ♪
当你是囚犯的时候
♪ When you’re a prisoner ♪
我是个囚犯
♪ And I’m a prisoner ♪
我是生命的囚徒
♪ I’m a prisoner of life ♪
有一天你来了
♪ One day your man is here ♪
第二天他就走了
♪ The next day he’s walked out and gone ♪
但不管发生什么
♪ But no matter what happens ♪
你只是想继续下去
♪ You simply somehow gotta carry on ♪
当你是囚犯的时候
♪ When you’re a prisoner ♪
我是个囚犯
♪ And I’m a prisoner ♪
我是生命的囚徒
♪ I’m a prisoner of life ♪
继续
♫ [Continues]
– 你在这里干什么?
– 给我来杯咖啡好吗,宝贝?
– What are you doing here?
– Just give me some coffee, will you, babe?
– 你在工作吗?厄尔?
– 嗯
– Are you working, Earl?
– Yeah.
– 你车里有人?
– 是
– You got somebody in the car?
– Yeah.
– 你怎么带他们来这里?
– 他们死了
– How come you got ’em here?
– They’re passed out.
这是其中一个出车任务
It’s one of those drive-arounds.
你没有喝醉酒吧?
You’re not drinkin’, are ya?
给我来杯咖啡,宝贝
Just give me some coffee, baby.
我跑这么远来看你,我以为你看见我会很高兴
I come all the way down here to see you. I’d think you’d be happy to see me.
♪ Life’s good ♪
♪ It’s bad ♪
♪ It’s somewhere in between ♪
♪ But it’s the unexpected and the uncertainty ♪
♪ That keeps us goin’ ♪
♪ You know what I mean ♪
♪ Yesterday you owned the world ♪
♪ The next day the world owns you ♪
♪ One day everything’s a lie ♪
♪ The next day you swear it’s all true ♪
♪ That’s what happens when you’re a prisoner ♪
♪ And I’m a prisoner ♪
♪ I’m a prisoner of life ♪
口哨声,一点点掌声
[Whistling, Smattering Of Applause]
你没事吧?
You okay?
我不是告诉你已经取消了《时代》吗?关掉邮件吧
I told you I canceled the Times, right? Stopped the mail.
你只要进来检查一下,并把鱼喂饱就行了
All you have to do is come in and check up on everything and feed the fish.
我已经都写下来了。我不是把它放到冰箱上了吗?
I’ll write – I got it all written down. Didn’t I put it on the, um, fridge?
– 是的,我看见她写下来了
– 我写了下来……
– Yeah, she wrote it down. I watched her.
– I got it written…
– 明天早上回来吧
– 好
– Just come back tomorrow morning.
– Okay.
– 你要……
– 我……你的宠物会没事的
– You are gonna…
– I… Your fish are gonna be fine.
那些狮子鱼呢?喂狮子鱼吗?
What about the lionfish? Feeding the lionfish?
– 那是个玩笑,宝贝!
– 不,不,不,不。不,不
– That was just a joke, honey!
– No, no, no, no. No, no.
– 狮子鱼就像金鱼一样
– 那是你写的
– Lionfish like goldfish.
– That’s what you wrote down.
– 是的,你像喂金鱼一样喂它们
– 我以为你开玩笑
– Yes. You feed them live goldfish.
– I thought you were joking.
– 不!
– 是你干的
– No!
– You do that.
地震、旱灾……
[TV: Commentator] Earthquakes, water shortages…
火灾、泥石流……
fires, mud slides…
罪案、黑帮战争、拥挤
– [Woman, Children Talking, Indistinct]
– Crime, gang warfare, massive overcrowding.
“他的妈妈叫斯贝克德·亨,她看起来……”
“His mother’s name was Speckled Hen. She looked…”
如果我们不得不同地中海果蝇共处,我们的生活将会怎样?
What will our lives be like if we have to share space with the medfly?
– [Helicopter Blades Whirring]
– [Barking]
吉恩!吉恩,直升机在这儿!关窗!
Gene! Gene, the helicopters are here! Shut the windows!
看着你的弟弟,好吗?看着你的弟弟
Watch your brother. Okay? Watch your brother.
苏西!过来,我的小乖乖。对了!
Suzy! Come here, my good little boy. Yes!
桑迪,帮我关窗,拜托
Sandy, shut the windows for me, please.
你在干什么?
– [TV: Commentator Continues]
– What are you doing?
狗不准进来,我说过一百次了!
The dog stays outside. I’ve told you a hundred times!
别把苏西放在外面,那喷雾会让他得癌症的!
Don’t put Suzy outside. The spraying – It’s gonna give him cancer!
喷雾不会让他得癌症的!不要跟我讲环境论吗,谢莉
It’s not gonna give it cancer! Don’t you get environmental on me, Sherri.
你听了最近的新闻吗?那是很危险的!
Have you listened to the news lately? It’s dangerous!
如果喷雾危险的话,他们就不会那样做了!
They wouldn’t be doing it if it was dangerous!
来吧,孩子!没事的!出来吧!
[Gene] Come on, kids! It’s all right! Come on outside!
没事的!它很安全!来吧!
It’s all right! It’s safe! Come on!
哦!哦,对!对,来吧!得癌症吧!
Oh! Oh, yeah! Yeah, go on! Get cancer!
[Suzy Continues Barking]
– 吉恩!
– 把狗带出去!
– Gene!
– Get the dog out!
– 别管那狗!
– 愚蠢……
– Leave the dog alone!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!