– 我们不能相信那个人
– 奥西诺还是克雷斯?
– We can’t trust that man.
– Orsino or Crixus?
两个都不能
Either one.
(Slaves roar)
Hyah! Hah!
到墙上去!
Over the walls!
起义的消息传开了,全国的奴隶们都逃跑了,
(Varinia) ‘As word spread of the revolt,slaves from all over the country ran away
他们聚集起来加入斯巴达克斯
‘and flocked to join Spartacus.
我们都知道已经没有后退的余地
‘We all knew there was no turning back.
要么取得自♥由♥,要么走向死亡
‘It was freedom or death.
我们逐个城市地行进,
‘And so we marched from city to city,
带走等我们获得自♥由♥后需要的东西
‘taking what we needed for the day we might be free.
但这个争取自♥由♥的战斗充满了复仇性
‘But the fight for freedom was tainted by revenge.
对落在我们手中的敌人我们毫不留情
‘No mercy was shown to those who fell into in our hands.’
这样做对吗?
Is this wise?
只要他们服从我们定下的条例,我们最好还是让他们自行其是
If they obey the laws we made,it’s better to let them have their way.
他们还只是一群暴民
They’re still a mob.
– 全都带走!
– 组建一支军队需要时间
– Take everything!
– Making an army will take time.
有情报说奴隶们正聚集在诺拉的海岸
Intelligence reports the slaves are squatting on the coast at Nola.
– 我们要歼灭他们
– 用什么?
– We must attack and annihilate them.
– With what?
由于你太心急我们现在得花三个月重建卫队
We’ll be three months rebuilding the garrison.
不该让特图斯指挥
Glabrus was the wrong commander.
– 我记得是你选择了他,议员
– 在我选他的时候
– Your choice as I recall, Senator.
– By default.
– 在场的并没有更好的人选
– 庞贝就比他更好
– There were and are better options.
– Pompey, for example.
召回庞贝会影响我们和西班牙作战
Recalling him will jeopardise the Spanish campaign.
我在战场上的经验不如你。哦,等等
I haven’t your experience in the field.Oh, wait…
对了,你没有上过战场
– Yes, that’s right. You have none.
– (Laughter)
很好。现在,让我们把重点放在罗马的防御上
Very well. For now,let us focus on Rome’s defences.
不管怎样,我们无论如何不能让奴隶们逃了
We cannot, however, under any circumstances, allow the slaves to escape.
我建议我们进攻罗马!
– I say we march on Rome!
– (Cheering)
罗马有16个步兵大队
There are 16 cohorts in Rome.
在维苏威的时候,他们人数超过了我们,但现在那些人的骨头已经在地下腐烂了
We were outnumbered at Vesuvius,and now their bones rot in the fields.
但攻占一座城市和偷袭一支熟睡中的军队是不同的
But taking a city is different than ambushing a sleeping cohort
尤其是那样一支连防御栏都懒得建的军队
that’s too lazy to build a proper camp.
我们没有围攻的装备
We have no siege equipment.
我们可以造
We can build it.
我们造的时候,罗马♥会♥干什么呢?
And while we do that, what will Rome do?
找回他们的军团,那些真正的士兵
Recall their legions. The real soldiers.
而不是那些在军队中混日子的城里人
Not these city boys who play at soldiers.
我建议我们向北行进,向阿尔卑斯山北面的高卢行进
I say we march north towards Transalpine Gaul,
翻越过山头走向自♥由♥
and over the mountains to freedom.
罗马也在北面
Rome is north.
那当我们经过的时候,我们要对他们嗤之以鼻
Then when we march past we’ll thumb our noses at them.
从这儿到阿尔卑斯山有很多城市,不只是罗马
There are many cities between here and the Alps. Not just Rome.
我相信这些城市会很乐意
And many of them would be more than happy
– 把拖欠我们的工钱还给我们的
– 那我们前进吧!
– to pay us our back wages.
– Then we march!
(Cheering)
昨天你在议会里大大地取笑了我一番
Yesterday, you had your fun with me in the Senate.
今天让我们谈正经事
Today, let’s get down to business.
斯巴达克斯正在努力把他的那群乌合之众改造为真正的军队
This Spartacus is turning a rabble into a real army.
我不认为他会做出
I don’t think that we can count on him
诸如进攻罗马这类草率而冲动的事情
doing anything as ill-conceived or impetuous as attacking Rome.
但是,就像有人建议的那样
Still, it would probably be wise,
加固城墙
as someone has already suggested,
将会是个明智的决定
to strengthen the city walls.
那将是个很大的工程
Those would be large contracts.
我有足够的钱周转
Plenty enough to go around.
但如果你真想保证罗马的安全……
But if you really want to be confident about Rome’s security…
我不能在执政官竞选中支持你
I cannot support your bid for consulship.
让我做下一个上前线与斯巴达克斯作战的将军
General of the next army sent against Spartacus.
四六分
60/40 on the contracts.
我不能保证
I make no promises.
而且,我认为我们要杀鸡敬猴
I also think we should make an example.
罗马有100,000个奴隶
There are 100,000 slaves in Rome
他们都听过斯巴达克斯的事
and they have all heard the story of Spartacus.
你想要我们做什么?
What do you propose that we do?
我是说我们要让他们清楚地知道造♥反♥所要付出的代价
I say we make the price of rebellion painfully clear.
怎么了?
What is it?
200个罗马奴隶
(Panting) 200 Roman slaves…
他们是被随机选出来的
picked at random…
今天早上被活活烧死了
and burned alive this morning.
别轻举妄动,克雷斯
Hold, Crixus.
我们不能为了救一小部分人,把大家都牺牲了
We can’t sacrifice everyone to save a few.
我们继续前进
We’re moving on.
呃,太臭了
Ugh. The stench is appalling.
深呼吸,弗拉维斯
Breathe deeply, Flavius.
这是克拉苏建立的新世界秩序的味道
This is the smell of Crassus’
new world order.
尽管我曾一度认为这不在他能胜任的范围之内
Although it goes beyond anything
I would have thought him capable of.
(Thunder rumbling)
对不起,孩子死了
I’m sorry. The child is dead.
– 范莱丽雅呢?
– 她需要休息
– Varinia?
– She must rest.
– 我们的儿子
– 没关系
– Our son.
– No.
你还活着,这才是最重要的
You’re alive. That’s what matters most.
我让你失望了
I have failed you.
还会有的,我保证
There will be others. I promise.
(Sobbing)
我们的探子报告说:奴隶们的军队正向阿尔卑斯山挺进
Our scouts indicate that the slave army is headed toward the Alps.
但如果我们坐视不管
But what message does that send
共和国内成千上百的奴隶们会怎么想呢?
to the hundreds of thousands of slaves in the republic if we just let them go?
虽然我很不情愿但我不得不说克拉苏是对的
It pains me to say it but Crassus is right.
我们必须阻止斯巴达克斯
We have to stop Spartacus.
但城内已经没有了步兵大队
But no more city cohorts.
我们要召回在阿尔卑斯山北面的高卢的第六第七军团
We must bring down the sixth and the seventh legion from Transalpine Gaul.
前线军队
Frontier troops.
奴隶们还从未和有经验的战士们交战过
The slaves have never encountered experienced soldiers before.
通过
Agreed.
更重要的是
And we might even go one step further
有经验的军队
and say that such experienced troops
还需要一个有着坚定的决心能义无反顾地投入的指挥者
require a commander of firm resolve and unshakable dedication,
所以我提名
which is why I nominate as general…
马克西姆斯作为将军
Publius Maximus.
(Assembly muttering in agreement)
我从未向你保证让你领导军队
I never promised you leadership of the army.
你就从没想过可能我才是罗马现在真正需要的人?
Did it ever occur to you that I might be exactly what Rome needs right now?
如果斯巴达克斯打败了我们的军队转而进攻罗马
If Spartacus defeats this army and turns on Rome,
到那时你那宝贵的民♥主♥将何处容身?
where will your precious little democracy be then?
这里让我想起我成长的内斯托山谷
It reminds me of the Nestos Valley where I grew up.
我以为你对色雷斯的事一点都不记得了
I thought you didn’t remember anything about Thrace?
我还记得一些
I remember a few things.
我们的农场还有绵羊和山羊
Our farm. Sheep and goats.
– 你在那儿还有亲戚吗?
– 没有了
– You still have kin there?
– No.
我知道你的母亲在生你的时候死了,但你从未提起过你父亲
I know that your mother died in childbirth but you never talk of your father.
我父亲也死了
My father’s dead too.
– 怎么死的?
– 他是村庄的首领
– How?
– He was the village headsman.
因为我们的人缴税迟了,罗马人把他在十字架上钉死了
The Romans crucified him because our people were late with their taxes.
我们从未谈论过离开这以后你和我将去哪
We have never talked of where you and I will go once we leave here.
我们还没离开,而且以这种速度
We haven’t left yet. And at this rate…
你注意到一路上有多平静吗?
Did you notice on the road how quiet it was?
不再有奴隶加入我们了
The slaves have stopped joining us.
他们害怕了
They’re afraid.
罗马人已经下定决心了
Rome has made its decision.
不打一仗他们不会让我们走的
They won’t let us go without a fight.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!