他说
He says…[inhales]
他没及早告诉我他会死
鈥e didn’t give me enough advance warning about his death.
他说…
He’s saying…
他说他的死没给他造成太大的困扰 他早就知道了
He’s saying it didn’t bother him that much. He…he knew about it.
他又怎么可能告诉我呢?
I don’t see how he could have…told me.
也许吧 我不知道
Maybe. I don’t know.
我知道这不可能 但我发誓
I swear, I know this is impossible, but I’m having this feeling
我有种正在飞的感觉
as if I’m flying.
[wind blowing]
那感觉如何?
[Jonah] How does it feel?
很棒
Great.
[melancholic music plays]
我能坐起来吗?
Can I, uh, sit up?
你正在空中飞翔吗?
[Jonah] You’re flying through the air?
我是希望我双脚碰到地面时 就会停下…
Well, I’m…I’m hoping that’ll stop when my feet…
[both laugh]
你买♥♥飞行保险了吗?
[splutters] Are you insured for that?
-哈 你想坐起来吗? -对
-[Jonah laughs] Yeah, you wanna sit up? -Yeah.
那就坐起来吧
[Jonah] Yeah, sit up. Of course.
这房♥间真不错
-This is a nice room. -[Jonah laughs]

Wow.
这是我每天面临的真正挑战 起床
This is the real challenge for me every day, is to get out of bed.
我不知道 也许你只是企图控制我 或者…
Maybe it’s just an attempt to gain control over me or…
我不知道 是为什么呢?
I’m not sure. Why did you?
上述所有原因
[Jonah] All those reasons.
-要不要去给你拿药? -好
-Should somebody grab your medicine? -Yeah.
我喜欢这样的背景
I like the background the way it is,
因为很多人都做过这样的梦
because a lot of people have dreams
他们会发现家里有另一间卧室
where they…they have…theydiscover another bedroom in their house,
有时候他们会发现一个巨大的东西
or sometimes they’ll discover, like, a whole huge thing.
这种梦其实意味着 你正在变得更有意识
What it really means in the dream world is you’re becoming more conscious.
你对宇宙的认识正在扩大
Your view of the universe is expanding.
所以人们梦见自己家里 有个不存在的房♥间意味着
So people have dreams that there’s a room in their house that’s not there,
他们思想在拓展 或者他们在成长?
and it means their mind is expanding or they’re growing?

Yeah. Mm-hmm.
太不可思议了
That’s crazy.
…自己好不起来 我会说
鈥on’t recover. I say, “Do what the fuck I tell you.”
“完全按照我他妈说的去做
“Do exactly what I tell you. I guarantee you’ll feel better.”
我保证你会感觉好点”
等等 我有个主意
[Jonah] Wait, I have an idea.
说吧
Yeah, go ahead.
由于我们已经拍了电影的开头
[Jonah] Since we already shot the opening of the movie,
这段可能会是电影的结尾
this might be for the end of the movie,
我想在我们经历了这么多之后说一下
if we’re saying why I made this movie now, after all we’ve been through.
我为什么要拍这部电影
Oh.
好主意
That’s good.
看你能不能…很快就好
See if you can…just really fast,
看你能不能说开头 然后紧接着说结尾
see if you can say the beginning, and then, right after that, say the end.
Hmm.
我之所以想拍这部电影
I’m making this movie
是因为我想把治疗 和我在治疗中所学到的工具
because I want to give therapy and the tools I’ve learned in therapy
通过电影介绍给尽可能多的人
to as many people as possible
through a film.
我之所以拍了这部电影
I made this movie
是因为我爱菲尔
because I love Phil…
因为我爱这些工具 让我得以拥有的生活
because I love the life these tools allowed for me to have.
[Stutz] Hmm.
人们对这部电影的看法并不重要
And it doesn’t matter what people think about the movie.
重要的是我们完成了它
It just matters that we finished it.
一起完成了它
Together.
对 跟刚开始拍摄时相比 我现在感觉跟你更亲近了
Yeah, I feel closer to you now than when we started,
我觉得这非常棒
which I think is a great sign.
对74岁的我来说 也是一种福气
It’s also great luck for me, you know, at age 74.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我还是希望你不要老把包袱丢给我
I still wish you would stop dumping so much shit on me.
[Jonah laughs]
Lovesick Blues” by Mason Ramsey plays]
(献给我们的兄弟们)
The last long day she said goodbye
Well, Lord, I thought I would cry
She’ll do me, she’ll do you She’s got that kind of loving
Lord, I love to hear her When she calls me sweet daddy
Such a beautiful dream鈥β犫櫔
我们几个月前拍摄时
[Jonah] When we shot, like, months ago,
你曾提到过 一段断断续续地维持了很久的关系
you had mentioned a relationship that was kind of on and off for a long time,
然后你在电♥话♥中简短地跟我提到
and then you mentioned to me briefly in a phone call
你主动联♥系♥了那个人
how you had reached out to that person,
所以我想问问你 但前提是你愿意谈这件事
and I wanna ask you about it but only if you wanna talk about it.
真的很棒
[laughs]
她是我在这世上最亲近的人
It’s so amazing.
This is– She’s the closest person in the world to me.
我们年轻的时候不想谈恋爱
Mostly, when we were younger, not wanting to be in a relationship,
主要是因为我
mostly it was me.
我没有意愿去维持一段感情
I didn’t have the will to make it work.
但现在我有了
Now I do.
我们谈话后你联♥系♥她了吗?
-Did you reach out after our conversation? -Yeah, it actually…it helped me. Yeah.
对 那帮了我很多
-我们的谈话也让我有些惭愧 -怎么说?
-Our conversation made me a bit ashamed. -[Jonah] In what way?
我没有全心全意地投入去做一件事
That I was doing something, like, without full commitment,
就是个半吊子
like in a half-assed way.
所以那场谈话非常有帮助
So that was very helpful.
你觉得你们俩之间 谁更害怕真正地去尝试恋爱?
Who do you think’s more scared of trying it out for real between you two?
你还是她?
You or her?
100%是我
Oh, me, 100%.
你觉得你能不能放下心防
You think you’ll be able to let down some walls
抛开恐惧去尝试?
and put some fears aside to try, or you want to?
你想不想尝试?
[splutters] Yeah, I’m going to. Yeah.
-想 我打算尝试 -希望的结果是什么?
What would be the hopeful outcome?
这段感情能开花结果
The hopeful outcome is it works out.
那是我希望的结果
That would be the hopeful outcome.
Lovesick Blues” by Mason Ramsey continues]
I’ve grown so used to you somehow
Well, Lord, I thought I would cry
Such a beautiful dream
Such a beautiful dream
I’ve grown so used to you somehow
Daddy, such a beautiful dream
I hate to think it’s all over
I’ve lost my heart it seems
I’ve lost my heart it seems
I’ve lost my heart it seems
Such a beautiful dream
Such a beautiful dream
Such a beautiful dream
“Lovesick Blues” by Mason Ramsey ends