We’re moving in together, Mrs. D.
-这么快 -这话我说过了
– Already? – That point’s been made.
酒店要关闭了 唐纳利女士
The hotel is closing, Mrs. Donnelly.
也未必
It doesn’t have to.
我查过账目了
I’ve been going over the accounts.
让我看看
May I?
妈妈
Mummyji.
妈妈 记得父亲以前常说的话吗
Mummyji, do you remember what my father used to say?
成功始于梦想
That nothing happens unless first we dream.
跟他一样 妈妈 我的梦想也失败了
And I have dreamt, Mummyji, and like him, I have failed.
金盏花大酒店即将被拆毁
The Marigold Hotel is crumbling to dust,
但这我能承受
and it turns out I can live with that.
但我不能承受的 是失去这个女孩
But the one thing I will not do is live without this girl.
她叫苏楠娜·香提诺·珀拉莫
This is Sunaina Shantanu Palawar.
一个我深爱并愿意与之终老的女人
The woman I love and wish to marry.
见到您很高兴 卡普尔太太
I’m very pleased to meet you, Mrs. Kapoor.
桑尼 我不许
No, Sonny. I forbid it.
我不许你们结合
I forbid this match.
无论如何都不行 听见没
Utterly and completely. Do you hear me?
绝对不行
This can’t happen.
他说什么
What is he saying?
他说他这辈子
He says that he’s been with this family
都在这家做事
for as long as he can remember.
他记得以前也目睹过这样的争执
And that he remembers another fight.
也是一对年轻人顶撞他们的父母
Between two young people and their parents.
他还记得那个小伙子
And he remembers the moment when the young man
勇敢地面对他妈妈 说…
stood up to his mother and said…
说 这就是我要娶的女人
And said, yes, I want to marry this woman.
她虽然来自不同的阶层
Yes, she comes from a different community,
但是她美丽聪慧
but she’s smart and she’s beautiful,
我爱她
and I love her.
我不知道他在说谁
I don’t know who he’s talking about.
苏楠娜 我或许无权对你评头论足
Sunaina, I may have no right to judge,
但作为母亲 我有权担心我儿子
but I have a mother’s right to worry.
照顾好我最爱的儿子
Take care of my favorite son.
抱歉 我还没弄明白
Sorry. I’m not clear now.
我得走还是能留
Am I staying or going?
-看你怎么阅账了 -账怎么了
– Well, it depends how you read the accounts. – The accounts?
酒店的最初计划没问题
It turns out the original plan for the hotel is good.
是可行的 但落在疯子手里就玩不转了
It works. Just not in the hands of a lunatic.
我就知道计划没问题
I knew that plan was good.
酒店需要的是资金
What the place needs is money.
还有客人 我们现在就有几位
And guests, starting with the ones that are already here.
不幸的是 我的投资商马鲁提先生
Unfortunately, my investor, Mr. Maruthi, has decided that,
虽然欣赏我对酒店的付出…
while he greatly admires my endeavors…
-他在重新考虑了 -您跟他谈过吗
– He’s reconsidered. – You spoke to him?
只要有头脑正常的人愿去帮帮经理就行
So long as there’s somebody sane to help the manager.
不 经理不需要帮助 女士
No. The manager needs no help, madam.
桑尼
Sonny.
经理需要点小小的帮助
The manager needs a little help.
你肯留下来吗
So will you stay?
我想留下
I’d like to.
就住在屋顶的小棚子里
In the shack on the roof?
我们有双人房♥
We have a-a double room,
还有卫浴 门也好使
bathroom en suite, and a fully working door.
诸位也知道 达什伍德先生离开了
Mr. Dashwood, as you know, has recently checked out.
哈德卡索女士 你也留下吧
Mrs. Hardcastle, you’ll stay.
一个人住吗
On my own?
我知道你不在状态 亲爱的
I know you’re off your game, dear.
或许有点失去自信
Lost your confidence maybe.
但你可是女中豪杰 还会重振旗鼓的
But, you know, you are a thoroughbred. You’ll be back.
你呢 格林斯莱德太太
What about you, Mrs. Greenslade?
我怎么了 唐纳利女士
What about me, Mrs. Donnelly?
我们两人没怎么说过话 是不是
We haven’t talked much, have we? You and I.
显然是我的损失了
My loss, evidently.
你会留下吗
Will you stay?
我也不知道我该何去何从
I’m not sure what I shall do.
这里的一切与我的期望实在不太一样
Nothing here has worked out quite as I expected.
人生十有八♥九♥不随人愿
Most things don’t.
但有时候 却是塞翁失马 焉知非福
But, you know, sometimes what happens instead is the good stuff.
你早上不是该去上班吗
Don’t you have work to go to in the morning?
是啊
Yes.
各位 失陪了
Now, if you’ll excuse me.
如果我能靠自己站起来 你也能
If I can stand on my own two feet, I’m sure you can too.
谁来当新副经理
Who’s the new assistant manager?
马鲁提先生想让我来当
Mr. Maruthi had me in mind.
你也想来跟我竞争吗
You thinking of applying for the job?
请把我的轮椅推来
Oh, chair, please.
今天算是锻炼够了
That’s quite enough exercise for one day.
去办公室
Office.
稳一点
Oh, steady.
这简直荒唐
This is absolutely ridiculous.
我们能堵上几小时 根本动弹不了
We could be here for hours. There’s no way we’ll get out of here.
或许会有办法
Well, maybe there is.

You!
能带我们去机场吗
Can you get us to the airport?
对不起 路太远 跑不起 做不到
Sorry. Long way. Sore legs. Not possible.
我什么都给你
I’ll give you everything I have.
好说 快点上车
Okay, step right in, let’s go.
快把我们的行李拿出来啊
Can you get our cases out, please?
快点 道格拉斯 快点
Come on, Douglas. Come on, Douglas, come on.
不好意思 行李和人不能全上
Sorry, no manage people and cases.
什么
What?
装不下的 太太
It’s not possible, madam.
两个人 不带行李
Two persons, no cases.
带行李 就一个人
One person and cases.
这样吧 再给你点东西
Well, how about if I give you something else?
给你我的手表 怎么样
I’ll give you my watch.
好啊 谢谢 但我还是做不到啊
Sure. Thanks. But still it’s not possible, madam.
我们可搭另一趟航♥班♥
We’ll get another flight.
先回酒店 明天再走
Let’s go back to the hotel and leave in the morning.

No.
他都说他办不到了 珍
Jean, he can’t do it. You heard what he said.
-他可以带一个人和行李 -是的 但…
– He can do one person and cases. – Yeah, but…
这是老天爷把我们该听的话说出来了
Could fate find a better way to tell us what we need to hear?
-什么话 -我们结束了
– Which is what? – That it’s over.
其实我们早就结束了
That it’s been over for a long, long time.
现在不是说这个的时候
This is not the time to talk about this.
我们回家再说吧
Let’s wait until we get home.
我得走了 道格拉斯
I have to go, Douglas.
我不让你走
I won’t let you.
不 你会来追我
No. You’ll come after me.
追到机场 向我保证一切都会好起来
You’ll chase me to the airport, tell me everything will be fine.
但求你别这样
But please don’t.
因为事实上
Because the truth is.
我们都该找个更合适自己的人
The truth is we both deserve more than we’ve had.
而正是你的…
And it’s just because of your
你的善良…
kindness and your…
和忠诚 才至今不肯承认
your loyalty that you won’t admit it.
我没事的
I’ll be all right.
我还要坐头等舱呢
I’m turning left.
再见 道格拉斯
Good-bye, Douglas.
第51天
Day 51.
真正的失败是不敢尝试
The any real failure is the failure to try.
衡量成功 得看我们如何应对失望
And the measure of success is how we cope with disappointment.
因为我们总得迈过这道坎
As we always must.
我们来到这里
We came here
也努力了
and we tried.
每个人都用自己的方式努力了
All of us in our different ways.
如果我们觉得一把年纪
Can we be blamed for feeling
已不能改变 是我们的错吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!