桑吉娜 我给你讲个故事吧
Sanjana, let me tell you a story.
三个盲人走进丛林里
遇到了一头大象
Three blind men went to the jungle
and they came across an elephant.
一个摸到了象鼻子
说感觉像是一条蛇
One of them touched the trunk
and said it felt like a serpent.
另一个摸到了耳朵
说:“这是个筛子!”
Another touched the ear
and said, “It’s a sieve!”
第三个摸到了尾巴
说:“这是把扫帚!”
The third touched the tail
and said, “It’s a broom!”
同样的道理
In the same way,
许多人认为大象很危险 会破坏庄稼
many believe that elephants
are dangerous and they raid crops.
但只有和大象一起亲密生活的人
But only people
who live close to elephants
才真正了解大象
know about elephants.
你给它们爱 它们就会以爱回赠
That they show love when you show love.
就像安姆和拉古一样
Just like Ammu and Raghu.
我们结婚之后不久
接到了林业部的电♥话♥
Shortly after our wedding,
we got a call from the Forest Department,
告诉我们
拉古会被分配给另一位照管者
telling us Raghu would be assigned
to another caregiver.
我们请求护林员
不要把拉古从我们身边带走
We begged the forest rangers
not to take Raghu away from us.
拉古被带走时非常不情愿
Raghu hesitated a lot
while being taken away.
它一直转过身来 看我们和安姆
He kept turning around,
looking back at us and Ammu,
走得非常慢
and walked very slowly.
然后安姆对它大叫
它就跑回来碰碰它
Then Ammu cried out to him
and he came running back to touch her
他们又回来再次把它带走
and they came back to take him away again.
我妻子和我好几天吃不下饭
My wife and I couldn’t even
eat properly for a few days.
我们为了抚养拉古付出了一切
We had put in everything
into raising Raghu.
我们经历了那么多
We’ve been through so much.
所有的神灵都听过我们的祈祷
There wasn’t a single God left
who we didn’t pray to.
我们千辛万苦地把拉古抚养长大
After all the difficulties we faced
in raising Raghu,
它的离开让我泪如泉涌
it brings tears to my eyes.
很难过
No.
我女儿去世时
我曾经历过同样的锥心之痛
I feel the same intense pain I felt
when my daughter died.
我为了照顾它倾尽心血
把它当作自己的孩子
I took as much care of him
as if he had been my own child
因为我必须保证它能活下来
because I had to ensure his survival.
我们那么爱它们
We love them so much.
我们把它们当作
We have brought them up
自己的孩子抚养长大
as our own children.
这对我们和安姆来说都太痛苦了
It was so painful for us and also Ammu.
安姆非常不开心
好几天连奶都不肯喝
Ammu was very upset and didn’t even
drink her milk for a few days,
就因为它和拉古分开了
because she was separated from Raghu.
你在找什么?
What are you searching for?
我没有了
I don’t have any.
躺在这里吧
Lie down here.
你敢躺我身上 我就揍你的屁♥股♥
If you lie on me
then you will get a spanking.
躺这里
Lie down here.
安姆 你要喝奶吗?
Ammu. Do you want your milk?
怎么了?
What?
你要喝奶吗?
Do you want milk?
放开我 我去准备奶
Leave me, let me go and prepare milk.
以前我害怕丛林
From being scared of the forest,
现在我不怕了
now I’m not.
我失去过很多 有过很多伤痛
I had so much loss and sadness,
但现在我找到了应对的方法
我找到了信心
but now I’ve found my way through it.
I’ve found my voice.
我养大了两头小象宝宝
I have raised two baby elephants.
现在所有人都知道我是大象妈妈
Now everyone knows me
as the mother of elephants
这让我非常骄傲
and that makes me very proud.
是我们人类的行为
It is the actions of us humans
导致现在象群会进入村子
that is causing elephants
to enter villages these days.
我们所犯的错误对我们自己
对象群的危害都很大
Our mistakes are very harmful,
both for us and for elephants.
我们可以拯救拉古和安姆
因为有人把它们带给了我们
We were able to save Raghu and Ammu
because they were brought to us.
安姆宝宝!
Baby Ammu!
但我们无法拯救所有大象
But we are not able to save all of them.
每次我看到拉古 都觉得特别开心
Every time I see Raghu, I feel great joy.
即使到了现在 我呼唤时
它还是会跑过来
Even today he still comes
running to me when I call.
喂 这里 到我这里来 来啊!
Aye, here, come to me, come!
我能看出它对我的爱 我也很爱它
I see the love he has for me,
and I feel love for him too.
我小时候就是这样的
This is me when I was a young boy.
这些孩子就是我们的未来
These children are our future.
我们希望年轻一代跟随我们学习
We want the younger generation
to learn from us.
他们可以通过观察
通过帮助我们工作来学习
They learn by watching
and helping us work.
在我之后
这代年轻人可以继承这个传统
After me, this younger generation
will carry on the tradition
继续照顾大象 他们会做得很好的
of working with elephants
and they will do it well.
我无法想象没有大象的生活
I cannot imagine a life without elephants.
(贝莉和鲍曼是印度南部第一对)
(成功养育两头孤儿象的夫妻)
(安姆和拉古继续茁壮成长
如今拉古已经七岁 安姆也三岁了)
(谨以此片献给我的父母
普里西拉及蒂莫西贡萨夫斯)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!