我是卡图纳耶克人
I am Kattunayakan.
卡图纳耶克的意思是“丛林之王”
Kattunayakan means “Kings of the forest.”
这里是我的家 我属于这里
野生动物在这里自♥由♥自在地生活
This is my home, where I belong,
where the wild animals roam free.
这里也是我的先人们
祖祖辈辈生活的地方
This is also the land
where my ancestors lived for generations.
(2019年 印度泰米尔纳德邦
穆杜马莱老虎保护区)
我的天啊 你睡着了吗 孩子?
Oh, my dear. Did you sleep, my child?
你好吗?
How are you?
过来这里
Come, come here.
再过来些
Come closer.
过来 亲爱的
Come here, my dear.
过来 再靠近些
Come, come here. Come closer.
我的宝贝
Oh, my dear.
拉古!我的宝贝
Raghu! My baby.
来吧
Come.
嘿 过来
Hey, come.
嘿 来躺在这里
Hey, lie down here.
小象守护者
(特帕卡都大象营
是亚洲最古老的大象营之一)
(建立于大约140年前)
(这片区域是最大的连续成片的)
(亚洲象野生放养地)
鲍曼!
Bomman. Bomman!
我在点火!
I am trying to light the fire!
我是不会和满身烟尘的人结婚的
I am not going to marry someone
who’s going to be covered with ash.
我来到这里时
小象宝宝情况非常不好
When I arrived,
the baby elephant was in a very bad state.
它身体剧痛 尾巴被流浪狗咬掉了
He was in a lot of pain, his tail had been
bitten off by stray dogs
裸♥露♥的伤口生出了蛆虫
and his open wounds
were infested with maggots.
拉古的妈妈触电 当场身亡
Raghu’s mother got electrocuted
and died instantly.
由于长时间持续干旱
Due to a prolonged drought,
它所在的象群进了一个村子
去寻找食物和水源
his herd had wandered into a village
in search of food and water.
他们试图让拉古重返象群
但却失败了
They tried to reunite Raghu with his herd,
but they were not successful.
在这头小象宝宝到来之前
我并不是正式的饲养员
Before this baby elephant,
I wasn’t officially a caretaker.
我第一次见到小东西时
When I first met the baby,
它像个孩子一样抓着我的衣服
我感受到了它的爱
he was tugging at my clothes like a child,
and I felt his love.
我决定要给这个
失去母亲的宝宝一个机会
I decided I would give
this motherless baby a chance.
我很高兴林业部指派了贝莉
I am very happy
that the Forest Department assigned Bellie
来和我一起照顾拉古
to work with me to care for Raghu.
她是目前泰米尔纳德邦唯一一位
She is the only woman currently assigned
被指派来照顾小象宝宝的女性
to care for baby elephants in Tamil Nadu.
看那边树下 就在那里
Look over there
beneath the tree, there it is.
还有一只在往那里走
There is one more walking down there.
拉古来到这里时 情况很不好
When Raghu arrived here,
he was in bad shape.
所有人都认为它挺不过去了
Everyone thought he wouldn’t survive,
但正因为如此 让我相信它会挺过去
but that is what
gave me faith that he would.
当时谁也不知道拉古是否能活下来
No one knew if Raghu would even survive.
它当时的状态太糟糕了
He was in such a bad state.
治愈拉古的过程漫长而又艰难
It was a long
and difficult process to cure Raghu.
但现在看到它这么健康
让人感觉非常好
But now it feels great to see him healthy.
如今 我们照顾象宝宝拉古
已经快三年了
We’ve been looking after our baby Raghu
for almost three years now.
(非洲象更大
马鞍形脊背 公母都有象牙)
这个地方是一个大象康复营
This place is an elephant
rehabilitation camp.
失去父母的、被遗弃的
和流离失所的野象都会被送来这里
Orphaned, abandoned and displaced
wild elephants are brought here.
由我们来照顾它们
And we take care of them.
我祖父照顾大象 我父亲也照顾大象
My grandfather looked after elephants,
my father looked after elephants,
我父亲去世之后 我也开始照顾大象
and I became an elephant caregiver
the day my father died.
拉古!我一直在找你的铃铛
你是怎么弄丢的?
Raghu! I’ve been looking for your bell.
How did you lose it?
你把它掉在水里了吗?
You dropped it in the water?
幸亏我在河里找到了!
Luckily, I found it in the river!
别再弄丢了!
Don’t lose it again!
它们身上都会戴一个铃铛
They wear a bell
这样如果它们在树林里迷路了
我们可以听得到
so we can hear them
if they get lost in the forest
因为它们可能会走丢
而且它们无法照顾自己
because we would lose them and they
will not be able to fend for themselves.
拉古有个朋友叫克利希纳
Raghu has a friend called Krishna.
看啊 拉古去找克利希纳了!
Look, Raghu is going over to Krishna!
拉古自己不会拔草
正在跟克利希纳学习
Raghu can’t pluck grass on his own,
and is learning from Krishna.
拉古的舌头上扎了一根刺
克利希纳帮它取了出来
Raghu got a thorn stuck on his tongue,
and Krishna took it out.
大象应该在野外生活
Elephants are meant to be wild.
看着它和克利希纳在一起
我们觉得非常开心
Watching him with Krishna
brings us much happiness.
我们能教给它们的有限
There is only so much we can teach them,
有些事情它们必须
要从自己的同类那里学习
and there are things they can only learn
from one of their own kind.
你在吃肥皂吗?
你不是尝过肥皂的味道了吗?
Are you eating soap?
Haven’t you tasted soap before?
嘿!你把水弄到我身上了
别那样泼水!
Hey! You are putting water on me.
Don’t splash like that!
我的天啊
Oh, my dear.
是谁啊?
Who is it?
你想要什么?
What do you want?
我的宝贝
Oh, my dear child.
谁是最棒的大象啊?是你吗?
Who is the best elephant? Is it you?
这是谁的宝贝啊?是谁啊?
Oh, whose darling is this? Who is this?
我们都成了拉古的家人 在它身边
我们认为这就是它能活下来的原因
We have become a family around Raghu
and we think that’s why he survived.
在抚养拉古长大的过程中
我们忘记了自己的其他烦恼
While bringing up Raghu,
we forget about all our other worries.
我这一生中失去了很多
I have experienced many losses in my life.
我的前夫是被老虎害死的
My ex-husband was killed by a tiger.
这让我对森林充满恐惧
This left me
feeling scared of the forests.
我看到老虎就会害怕
I get scared when I see a tiger.
我是生于部落的女人
我的族人来自森林中部
I am a tribal woman, and our people
come from the heart of the forest.
对我们卡图纳耶克人来说
森林的安康就是一切
For us Kattunayakans, the well-being
of the forest is all that matters.
我们赤脚走在森林中
We walk barefoot within it.
这是我们表示敬畏的方式
This is our way of showing respect.
我们要从那块岩石往下爬…
We’re going to climb down that rock there…
我们靠森林生活 也保护它的安全
We live off the forest,
but we also protect it.
只取所需 绝不多拿
We only take what we need.
我们的族人不害怕大象
Our people do not fear elephants,
所以我们世世代代都在照顾它们
that’s why we’ve been
working with them for generations.
多年与大象共处的经验
I have learned over the many years
of working with elephants
让我了解到
它们是有智慧有感情的生物
that they are very intelligent
and emotional beings.
但是在很多方面
与大象相处是很危险的
But working with elephants
is dangerous in so many ways.
前不久
我被一头成年公象的象牙刺伤了
I got stabbed
by my big tusker a while ago.
不能再和身躯庞大的大象相处

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!