那你为什么要对那个人撒谎
Why’d you lie to that guy?
因为我知道他会乐于见到我变成了一个失败者
Because I knew he’d relish the fact that I’m a washout
而且还回到了自己的高中 自此再也没离开过
and never left my own high school,
他可能会跟每个我们以前的同学
and he’d probably repeat that story
都讲一遍这个故事
to everybody we used to know,
所以我觉得他没有资格知道我的近况
so I figured he’s not entitled to my story.
就这样
I am.
是的 是的 去他妈的
Yeah. Yeah, fuck that guy.
就是 去他妈的
Yeah, exactly. Fuck that guy.
什么统计学
“Statistics.”
好了 你会保密对吧
But, now, you’ll keep this quiet, right?
不会让别人知道
No one is to know.
我是说任何人 安格斯
I mean no one, Angus.
你知我知 先生
Entre nous, sir.
你知我知
Entre nous.
古代相机
“Ancient cameras.”
你到底是从哪里想出这个的
Where the hell did you come up with that?
得让你做好反击的准备啊 先生
Just trying to keep you on your toes, sir.
起床了 孩子
Get up, kid.
日晒三杆了
It’s daylight in the swamp.
我叫了早餐
I ordered breakfast.
太好了
Great.
你东西掉了
Oh, you dropped something.
呃 那些是我的维生素
Uh, those are my vitamins.
利眠宁吗
Librium.
这只是 呃
Yeah, it’s just, uh,
只是我情绪不好的时候要吃的
something I’m supposed to take for low energy.
你是说抑郁吗
You mean depression?
那是黑麦吐司吗
Is that rye toast?
你怎么知道我喜欢黑麦吐司
How’d you know I like rye toast?
利眠宁
这边走
All right. This way.
轻轻地
Let go lightly.
啊 – 你太僵硬了
Ah. – You’re too rigid.
看到了吧
See?
不客气 – 真不错
You’re welcome. – Not bad.
孩子 你是个好老师
You’re a pretty good teacher, kid.
可惜大家都不喜欢你
Too bad everybody dislikes you.
而且相当讨厌你
Pretty much hates you.
但你一定知道这一点 对吧
But you must know that, right?
知道了 老师 知道了
Touché, sir. Touché.
对了 … – 怎么了
By the way… – Yeah?
…你是用哪只眼睛瞄准的
…what eye do you aim with, anyway?
我一直很想问你
You know, I’ve been meaning to ask.
我们讲话的时候 我到底该看着哪一只眼睛
When we’re talking, which one should I look at?
有时候看着看着
Sometimes I look at one,
就觉得自己看错了 就得换一只眼睛
but then I think I’m wrong, so I look at the other.
每个人都是这样
Yes, everybody does that.
所以 到底是哪只眼睛呢
So, which eye is it?
他们都不知道
People don’t understand.
这不是十柱保龄球
This isn’t tenpin.
是的 要难得多
No, this is much harder.
这些高高在上的混♥蛋♥们
All these tenpin assholes
装什么呢
coming in here like they’re slumming it.
去死吧
The hell with them.
是的 操
Yeah. Fuck ’em.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
我打赌你肯定不知道
Here’s something I bet you didn’t know.
你的衣服虽然很喜庆 但与历史不符
Your uniform, festive as it is, is historically inaccurate.
圣诞老人实际上是
Saint Nicholas of Myra was actually
一位四世纪的希腊主教 也就是现在的土耳其
a fourth-century Greek Bishop from what is now Turkey.
所以长袍跟凉鞋比较贴近
So, uh, a robe and sandals would be closer to the mark.
是的 但考虑到天气原因 操作起来可能有些困难
Yeah, but I guess that would be impractical given the weather
更别说那些精灵啊 驯鹿还有烟囱的
and all the silly but lucrative mythology about Santa
愚蠢但是有利可图的神话故事罢了
and elves and reindeer and chimneys and whatnot.
我们能怎么办呢
What can you do?
正如德谟克利特所说的
As Democritus said,
一切都在变化
“O kósmos alloíosis, o víos ypólipsis.”
世界在衰退 只有感知才是永恒的
“World is decay. Life is perception.”
我的孩子
My son.
再次见到你 我的心如雄鹰般翱翔
To see you again causes my heart to soar like a hawk.
爷爷 我给您带了一个礼物
Grandfather, I brought you this present.
这是我以前用过的帽子吗
Is this the hat I used to own?
好像变得更软了…
Except grown softer…
你知道 这除了很有趣之外
You know, this is not only amusing,
而且作为一部电影来说 它相当准确的
uh, but for a movie, it’s a fairly accurate depiction
复刻了夏安族人的生活
of life among the Cheyenne.
嘘 – 滚吧
Shh! – Fuck off.
我梦见你了
I saw you in a dream.
我要去一下洗手间 – 嗯嗯
I’m gonna go use the bathroom. – Mm-hmm.
你喝的泉水
You were drinking from a spring
是从动物的长鼻子里流出来的
that came from the long nose of an animal.
我不认识这种动物
I did not recognize the animal.
在他的鼻子旁边 长出了两个角
Alongside his nose, he grew two horns.
…而关于这件事情
…and smoked on this matter,
我的决定是…
and my decision is…
他可以回来
Little Big Man has returned.
嘿 嘿
Hey! Hey!
不 出来
No. Out.
赶紧下来
Get out.
我只是有必须要做的事情 我本来要回去的
I just need to do something. I was going to come back.
或者回酒店找你
Or meet you at the hotel.
我不会花很长时间的 也不是做什么坏事
It won’t take long. It’s nothing bad.
赶紧出来 你这个小混♥蛋♥
Just get out, you conniving little shit.
你一直在计划这个吗
Were you planning this the whole time?
就等着我放松警惕吗
Just counting the minutes until I turned my back?
我没有要逃跑
I wasn’t running away.
只是在回学校前
There’s just something I need to do
我有件不得不做的事情
before we go back to school.
拜托了
Please.
你可以跟我一起去
You could come with me.
好吗
Just come with me, okay?
去哪儿
Come with you where?
去看我爸爸
To see my dad.
你♥爸♥爸吗
Your dad?
就这么件事儿吗
That’s what this is about?
你为什么不直接问我
Why didn’t you just ask me?
这有什么不行的 我们又不是不能去墓地
Because, of course, we can visit a cemetery.
你好 打扰一下
Excuse me. Hi.
我是来见托马斯·塔利的
I’m here to see Thomas Tully.
跟我来
Right in here.
可以了
Over here.
看看谁来见你了
Look who’s here to see you.
嗨 爸爸
Hi, Dad.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, sweetheart.
你想去坐一会儿吗
You want to go sit down for a little?
哦 来吧
Oh. Come on.
就坐在这里吧
Be seated right here.
就这样吧 很好
There you go. All right.
我很想念你
I missed you.
非常
I’ve missed you a lot.
想的不得了
A whole lot.
我还在读书
You know, I’m still at school.
在巴顿
At Barton.
现在 呃…现在是圣诞节
And it’s, uh… it’s Christmastime now,
我觉得你可能希望有人来看你
so I thought you might like a visit.
你猜怎么着 我…
Guess what. I’m…
我的成绩一直在提高
I’m actually keeping my grades up.
我在古代文明课上
I-I consistently get
一直都是全班最高分
the highest grades in the class in ancient civ.
微积分的话 三四名的位置