I’m… I’m pretty much third or fourth in precalc.
我还参加了国际象棋俱乐部
And I’m in the chess club too.
但是我不喜欢那里的成员
But I don’t really like the other kids.
春天的话 我想试试网球
And in the spring, I think I want to try tennis.
JV或者就是双打
Just JV, and probably only doubles,
如果我的教练能… 呃
if the coach could just forget about my, uh…
也不重要
Anyway, it’s not important.
听着
Listen.
我必须得跟你说…
I, uh… I have to tell you something.
我觉得他们在我的食物里下药了
I think they’re putting something in my food.
他以前很好
He used to be fine.
不只是很好
He was better than fine.
他很棒
He was great.
他是我的父亲
He was my dad.
然后大约四年前 他…
Then about four years ago, he…
开始表现得很奇怪
started acting strange.
情绪不稳定 健忘 说这些奇怪的废话
Erratic, forgetful, saying all this weird shit.
我妈妈带他去看了很多医生
My mom took him to a bunch of doctors,
他们让他接受药物治疗
and they put him on medication.
但这只会让情况变得更糟
But that just made it worse.
他更加糊涂了
He got more confused.
然后他变得很生气
Then he got angry.
最后他就只能…
And then he got…
这样
physical.
这是最后的机会了
That was it. That was the last straw.
他们把他带走了
They put him away.
然后我妈就跟他离婚了…
And she divorced him…
他甚至都没反应过来
without him even realizing it.
所以她才想要全新的生活
That’s why she wants a whole new life.
把我藏在寄宿学校是最简单的办法
And it’s easy to just stash me away in boarding school.
就是这样
Like half of us are just stashed away there.
我明白的
And I get it.
她不愿意见我
She never has to look at me.
因为她一看见我 她…
Because maybe when she looks at me, she…
她就能看见我父亲的影子 – 不 不 不
she sees him. – No, no, no, no, no.
不会的 你是她的儿子
That can’t be true. She… You’re her son.
也许她是对的
Maybe she’s right.
我总是很冲动
I can’t keep it together.
我说谎 我偷窃
I lie. I steal.
我惹恼大家
I piss people off.
我没有朋友 真正的朋友
I don’t have any friends, real friends.
我可能也会被巴顿开除
I’ll probably get kicked out of Barton too.
这一切都是我咎由自取
And when I do, it’ll be my own fault.
被送到福克联合军校 或者是少管所
Get sent to Fork Union and maybe to you-know-where.
没人会关心的
And nobody will care.
你知道吗…
The funny thing is…
我一直都很想见到他
I wanted to see him so bad this whole time.
但是有时候我也没那么想见他
But I also didn’t, you know?
我很害怕
Because I’m afraid
我怕我变得跟他一样
that’s what’s going to happen to me one day.
不 安格斯不
No, Angus, Angus.
听着
Angus, listen.
你跟你的父亲不一样
You’re not your father.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
因为没有人会变成自己的父亲
Because no one is his own father.
我就不是这样
I’m not my dad.
不管他怎么努力让我接受这个想法
No matter how hard he tried to beat that idea into me.
这个世界就是一个痛苦又复杂的地方
I find the world a bitter and complicated place,
我是这样觉得的
and it seems to feel the same way about me.
我想你也是
I think you and I have this in common.
但是我不是说你跟我完全一样 你有自己的人生
But don’t get me wrong, you have your challenges.
虽然你反复无常而且好斗
You’re erratic and belligerent
还这么操蛋
and a gigantic pain in the balls,
但你不是你的父亲
but you’re not your father.
你是你自己
You’re your own man.
你只是个孩子
Man, no. You’re just a kid.
你的人生才刚刚开始
You’re just beginning.
而且你很聪明
And you’re smart.
你有足够的时间扭转局面
You’ve got time to turn things around.
我知道希腊人认为
Yes, I know the Greeks had the idea
无论你想怎么避免所谓的宿命
that, uh, the steps you take to avoid your fate
都会迫使你更接近它
are the very steps that lead you to it,
但这只是一种文学概念
but that’s just a literary conceit.
在现实生活中 你的过去
In real life, your history
不会主宰你的命运…
does not have to dictate your destiny…
哦 玛丽来了
Oh. There’s Mary.
你不能跟任何说起这个 呃…
Can you not tell Mary or anybody? Uh…
你知我知 这趟该死的旅行到处都是秘密
Entre nous. This whole goddamned trip is entre nous.
站起来 – 什么
Stand up. – What?
迎接女士啊 你个粗人
Stand up for the lady, you boor.
你这个白♥痴♥
You cretin.
玛丽 – 嗯
Mary. – Well, hello.
嗨 不好意思我迟到了
Hi. Sorry I’m late.
我们很高兴见到你
Oh, we’re just happy to see you.
女士 菜单
Madame, the menu.
哦 谢谢
Oh. Thank you.
你好 女士 要来一杯餐前的鸡尾酒吗
Hello, ma’am. Would you like a cocktail to start?
哦 不 一杯茶就可以了
Oh, no, I’ll just take a cup of tea.
哦 来吧
Oh, come on. Have a cocktail.
不不不 茶就可以了
No, no, no. A cup of tea is fine.
我已经吃过了
I’ve eaten already.
现在可以上甜点了吗
And you gentlemen, did you save room for dessert?
那是什么
Hey, what’s that?
那是我们的招牌甜点
That’s our signature dessert.
焦糖樱桃
Cherries jubilee.
听起来不错
That sounds great.
给这位年轻人来一份那个吧
Bring the young vandal here cherries jubilee.
这恐怕不行
I’m afraid I can’t.
那道甜品里含有白兰地
The dish contains brandy.
香蕉福斯特也是一样的
Same deal with the bananas Foster.
但是那些酒精不是都被烧挥发了吗
Yeah, but doesn’t the alcohol just burn off?
但是这仍然违反规定 女士
It’s still against the rules, ma’am.
好吧 – 哦
Fine. – Oh.
那我要来一份焦糖樱桃 我们可以分着吃
I’ll order the cherries jubilee. We can share it.
这也不行
Mm. I can’t allow that, either.
今天可是他的生日
Can we say it’s his birthday?
今天我过生日呢
It’s my birthday.
生日快乐 年轻人
Well, happy birthday, young man.
我们会送你块儿蛋糕
Let’s get you a slice of cake
还有一些不含酒精的甜点
or some other age-appropriate dessert.
天啊
Christ on a crutch.
你们开的这是什么鬼地方
What kind of a fascist hash foundry are you running here?
呃 对不起 女士 你们有樱桃吗
Uh, excuse me, ma’am. Do you, by chance, have cherries?
有的
Yes.
很好 冰淇凌呢
Great. And do you have ice cream?
也有 – 很好
Yes. – Fantastic.
我们可以打包这两样东西吧
Can we please get cherries and ice cream to go?
然后结账
And the check.
就来
Right away.
婊♥子♥
Bitch.
再加一点儿詹姆斯·比姆
And a little James Beam.
很好
All right. Go ahead.
速成版的教堂樱桃
Presto. Cherries jubilee.
不应该一下就好了嘛 – 好吧
Shouldn’t it just go out? – Okay.
妈的
Oh, shit. Shit.
你在那里放了多少酒精 – 哦
How much alcohol did you put on there? – Oh!
烫死了 烫死了
It’s hot. It’s very hot.

Oh!
现在听听他们的声音
But now just listen to them.
已经能看到球了…
They see the ball and…
躁起来吧