主演:安东尼·霍普金斯
妮可·基德曼
片名:人性污点
这个故事讲述的是
This is the story…
科尔曼·希尔克崎岖 且痛苦堕落的一生
and the tricky life and bitter downfall of Coleman Silk.
由菲利普·罗斯同名 小说改编
导演:罗伯特·本顿
你的意思是告诉我 美国总统
You mean to tell me you’re President of the United States
“1998年麻省雅典娜学院”
搞完22岁的白宫实习生
and you’re banging some 22 year-old intern in the White House
之后叫她保守秘密?
and you ask her to keep her mouth shut,
你真的觉得她会听话?别这样 给点力啊
and you really think she’s gonna do it? I mean, come on, give me a break!
她没上电视爆料 克♥林♥顿♥算走运了
Clinton. He should count himself lucky she didn’t go straight to Oprah.
算啦 她被斯塔尔一伙 在酒店吓坏了
Come on, she was overwhelmed by Starr’s team in that hotel room.
可怜啊 十一条大汉 简直是轮♥奸♥
No, poor thing. Eleven guys hitting on her?
– 那是“组团强♥暴♥” – 嗯对
– That’s a gang-bang. – Oh, right.
所以她去找琳达·特里普
That’s why she’s talking to Linda Tripp.
见了谁都说
She’s talking to everybody.
这一代人嘛 又白♥痴♥又多嘴
She’s part of that whole dopey culture. Yak yak yak.
克♥林♥顿♥连莱温斯基都摸不清
Oh, look, if Clinton couldn’t figure Monica Lewinsky,
当个总统干什么吃的
then he shouldn’t have been president.
足够理由弹颏他了
That’s grounds for impeachment right there.
– 那倒也是 – 你说对了
– That’s true. – You’re right.
要是真的干了她
I’m telling you, if he’d just fucked her.
也许她会死心塌地
That’s the way you create loyalty.
– 是 – 这就对了
– Yeah. – That’s the way.
换作是肯尼迪或尼克松 会怎么对她?
But you know what Kennedy would have done to her? Or Nixon?
他们会对她说:你敢讲出去
They would have told her, Not only are you not gonna work,
你一辈子会失业你♥爸♥爸会失业
you’re not gonna work ever again. And your father’s gonna be out of work.
还有你妈妈和哥哥
And your mother. And your brother
你全家从此不会有一文钱收入
Everybody in your family is not gonna make one more thin dime
除非你保守秘密
unless you keep your mouth shut.
克♥林♥顿♥是律师嘛 以为不射♥精♥便没事
Well, but Clinton plays it like a lawyer. That’s why he didn’t want to come.
一射♥精♥便玩完
Hey, when he came, he was finished.
证据确凿 无所遁形
Evidence. Smoking come.
1998年的夏天可谓道貌岸然
Nineteen ninety-eight was the summer of sanctimony.
共♥产♥主义崩溃 恐♥怖♥主♥义♥尚未抬头
After the fall of Communism and before the horrors of terrorism,
在此短暂的真空期 全国忙于口♥交♥
there was a brief interlude when the nation was preoccupied by cocksucking.
这是科尔曼·希尔克
This is Coleman Silk
一度是西麻省雅典娜学院
once the powerful Dean of Faculty and professor of Classics
万人之上的古典文学教授 兼院长
at Athena College in western Massachusetts.
也是美国首批 犹太裔古典文学教授之一
One of the first Jews to teach in a Classics department anywhere in America.
科尔曼当上院长后 大刀阔斧
When Coleman had been appointed Dean, he had ruthlessly
破旧立新 改革学科 遇佛杀佛
hacked away the debt woods, streamlined the curriculum and dragged Athena
强行把雅典娜从三流书院 改变成为顶级大学
kicking and screaming, from mediocrity to excellence.
期间他当然结下了不少仇家
Of course, in the process, he made a good many enemies.
诸神 唱阿基里斯的怒火
Sing, O Gods, of the wrath of Achilles
最后 剃人头者 人亦剃其头
And finally, “the persecuting spirit” caught up with Coleman.
所有欧洲文学均源于 一场争斗
All of European literature springs from a fight,
或说一场酒吧大混战
a barroom brawl, really.
阿基里斯干嘛怒火中烧?
And what was Achilles so angry about?
是因为跟阿伽门侬王争女人
Well, he and King Agamemnon were quarrelling over a woman,
争一个少女 一个少女的身体
a young girl and her body
馋强♥暴♥之欢愉
and the delights of sexual rapacity.
阿基里斯 战争史上最超级
Achilles, the most hypersensitive
神经过敏的杀人机器
fighting machine in the history of warfare.
因为不甘被迫放弃该少女 而怒火中烧
Achilles, who, because of his rage at having to give up the girl,
耍脾气 脱离社群
isolates himself defiantly outside the very society
丢下保家卫国的重任
whose protector he is and whose need of him is enormous.
阿基里斯 必须放弃那少女 让她完壁归赵
Achilles, has to give up the girl. He has to give her back.
而伟大的欧洲文学从此诞生
And that is how the great imaginative literature of Europe begins,
也说明为什么三千年后的今天
and that is why three thousand years later,
我们今天从这里开始
we are going to begin there today.
卡明斯小姐 特雷西·卡明斯小姐 请告诉大家
Miss Cummings, Tracy Cummings, can you tell us
又不在 托马斯先生 威廉·托马斯先生?
Still not here. Okay. Mr. Thomas, William Thomas.
他在吗?
Is he here?
开学五星期了
We’re five weeks into the semester
我还没见过他俩
and I haven’t even laid eyes on these folks.
有谁可以告诉我 他们真有其人
Can anyone tell me, do these people exist?
抑或是游魂?
Or are they spooks?
希尔克教授 你可知道特雷西·卡明斯和
Were you aware, Professor Silk,
威廉·托马斯是非洲裔美国人?
that Tracy Cummings and William Thomas are African-Americans?
我怎会知道? 我从未见过他们
How could I be? I’ve never seen them.
但你当然理解“游魂”的含义
But you are aware of the connotation of the word “spook.”
鬼 劳尔教授 鬼
Ghost Professor Roux. Ghost.
我所指是他们的恍惚特性
I was referring to their ectoplasmic character.
这是 该词的第一个定义 容我引述
Here is the, uh, first definition of the word. I quote
“游魂 口语 鬼 幽灵”
Spook, Informal Ghost, Spectre
但容我提醒你它的 第二个定义
But, Dean Silk, let me remind you of the second definition
“黑鬼”
Negro.
我从未见过他们 怎知道他们是黑人?
I’d never laid eyes on them. How could I know they were black? Hmm?
我只知道他们隐形
All I did know was that they were invisible.
总之他们提出了投诉
Nevertheless, they have lodged a complaint.
卡明斯小姐崩溃了 问题是
Miss Cummings was devastated. Now the issue here
他们从来没上课
These students have never attended a single class.
他们是真有其人还是游魂野鬼 请留意文脉
Do they exist or are they spooks? Consider the context.
– 但是 院长 – 我还没说完!
– But, Dean Silk – I’ve not finished!
问题只有一个: 这两个学生缺课
The only issue is the nonattendance of these students,
荒废学业 狂妄自大 罪无可怒!
their inexcusable neglect of work and their sheer chutzpah.
卡明斯小姐崩溃了 你有没搞错?!
Oh, Miss Cummings is devastated. Give me a break, will you?
扣我种族主义帽子 是荒天下之大谬!
To charge me with racism is not only false,
你们心知肚明!
it is spectacularly false! And you know it!
赫伯 多亏你了
Thanks a lot, Herb.
– 我不干了 – 什么?
– Well, I’ve quit. – What?
我不干那种野鸡大学了
I’ve resigned from that half-assed college.
去年的电♥话♥簿呢?
Where’s that last year’s phone book?
科尔曼 等等 发生了什么事?
Wait a minute. Wait a minute. What happened?
– 说我用种族主义的词语 – 什么词语?
– I’ve been accused of a racist epithet. – What racist epithet?
“游魂”五十年前它
I used the word “spooks,” which fifty years ago was just a slang
我知道它是什么意思
I know what it was slang for.
电♥话♥簿呢?我要起诉这些混♥蛋♥
Where’s that phone book? We’ll sue these wimpy bastards.
– 我要找那律师告他们 – 你有提醒他们吗?
– I want that lawyer, Alfred or whatever – Wait, did you remind them
– 在你当院长的时候 – 有 我提醒过
– that when you were dean you… – Yeah, I reminded them.
聘用了基布尔·赫伯 学校第一个黑人
No, you hired Herb Keble, the first black…
– 非洲裔美国人 – 好吧
– Please, “African-American,” please. – Okay
– 非洲裔美国人教员 – 电♥话♥簿呢?
– African-American, ever on the faculty. – Where’s that book?
赫伯是委员吗?
Isn’t Herb on the same committee?
– 但是 等等 告诉我 – 好吧 他在
– But wait, wait, just tell me – Yes, he is.
他们是我们的朋友啊 老天
And they’re our friends, for God’s sake!
– 赫伯有说什么吗? – 是 有
– Did Herb even open his mouth? – Yes, yes.
很抱歉 对此事我有不同意见 废话
I’m sorry, Coleman, I can’t be with you on this. Bullshit.
好啊 要打仗?
Fine, fine. They want to fight?
我奉陪到底 让他们永世难忘
I’ll give them a fight that they’ll never forget!
真是疯了 你为学校鞠躬35年
This is absolute lunacy! After 35 years of your devotion
现在你知道我们该怎么做吗?我们要组织
Now you know what we’re going to do? We’re going to organize.
我们必须组织起来 发起签名运动
We’re going to get them to sign a petition. That’s what we’ll do.
你知道我们该怎么做?我们分两路进攻
No. You know what we’re going to do? We’re going to do a two-pronged attack.
一边进攻一边找律师
We’re going to attack We’re going to get lawyers,
我认识一些 一些人
because I know some… Okay. I know. Which is why
– 库里? – 什么事?
– Coly? – What?
– 有点不妥 – 我知道呀 你指的是什么?
– Something’s wrong. – I know there is. What do you mean?
– 库里 – 怎么了?
– Coly – What’s the matter?
– 库里 – 什么事? 坐下
– Coly – Hey, come on, sit down.
你怎么了?别这样
What’s the matter? Come on.
– 拜托 – 对不起
– Come on. – I’m sorry.
没关系
It’s all right.
对不起啊
I’m sorry
几小时后 艾瑞斯在丈夫怀里过世了
Iris Silk died several hours later in her husband’s arms.
六个月后 科尔曼闯进我的生命
Six months after that, Coleman came into my life.
我在大学附近湖边一间 小屋独居
I had been living alone in a small cabin by a lake not far from Athena.
包括我私生活的问题 包括我私生活的问题
Including questions about my private life…
没有任何美国公民愿意 回答的问题
questions no American citizen would ever want to answer.
然而我必须为我的私人
Still, I must take complete responsibility

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!