我们也不是太确定 我们昨天才见面
Well, we’re not 100% sure about that yet. We just met yesterday.
别打她主意 Klaus – 啥
Not this one, Klaus. – Hmm?
你听到了 别打她主意
You heard me. Not this one.
好吧
Okay.
明早一起来就给我做好 – 就全部印出来吗
First thing in the morning, huh? – Just print everything?
对 叫他们把胶卷迫冲一个半档 – 好
Yeah. Tell ’em to push it a stop and a half. – Okay.
你打算拿他怎么办
What are you gonna do with him?

Who?
Ned吗
Ned?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
我不明白你想问什么
I don’t understand the question.
我给他了个贝拉芳特号♥上的活儿
I offered him a spot on the Belafonte.
他没接受吧 是不是
He didn’t take it, did he?
他当然接受了
Of course he took it.
我们要让他出名 Eleanor
We’re gonna put him on the map, Eleanor.
我们要给他扔个救生衣
We’re gonna throw him a life preserver.
我相信这个孩子
I believe in this boy!
为什么
Why?
因为他尊敬我
Because he looks up to me.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
McKinnon愿意接替我执飞的往返航♥班♥
And McKinnon’s willing to take over my shuttle flights.
没错
That’s right.
我只是觉得我需要把这事做完 先生
Well, I just feel I need to see this thing through, sir.
谢谢你的理解
Thank you for understanding.
我下个月会再和路易斯维尔那边打声招呼
I’ll check in with the Louisville office again next month.
由于我不具备像人们通常讲的那种
“…since I had not, as they say,
足够的’观察力’以引出她眼睛颜色的概念
enough ‘power of observation’ to isolate the sense of their colour,
节选自法国作家马塞尔·普鲁斯特的长篇意识流小说<追忆似水年华>
此处为上海译文出版社 沈志明译本
所以在很长的时间里 每逢我想起她
for a long time afterwards, whenever I thought of her,
那双亮晶晶的眼睛仍历历在目
the memory of those bright eyes would at once present itself to me
可是却变成蓝晶晶的了
as a vivid azure,
因为她的头发是金黄的
since her complexion was fair;
以至于 也许如果她没有那双乌黑的眼睛
so much so that, perhaps, if her eyes had not been quite so black –
乍一见使人震惊
which was what struck one most forcibly on first meeting her –
那么我就不会像当时那样
I should not have been, as I was,
钟情她那双我错以为是碧蓝的眼睛了
so especially enamored of their imagined blue.”
等等
Hold it.
这是首诗吗
That’s poetry?
不 这是一部六卷小说
No. It’s a six-volume novel.
好吧 你是要把这些全都大声念给自己听吗
Oh, I see. You’re gonna read that whole thing to yourself out loud?
我不是念给自己听 而是在念给他听
I’m not reading it to myself. I’m reading it to him.
你什么时候知道Zissou是你父亲的
When did you learn Zissou was your father?
我问这个问题把你吓到了吗 – 没有
Does it freak you out for me to ask that? – No, it doesn’t.
但这是个复杂的问题
But it’s a difficult question.
可以说多年以来拼凑起了线索
I sorta pieced it together over the years.
他一开始是怎么联♥系♥上你的
Well, how did he first contact you?
他没找我
He didn’t.
是我在母亲死后 自己去找他的
I went looking for him last month, after my mother died.
她得了卵巢癌 最终扩散到胃部和肝脏
She had ovarian cancer that spread to her stomach and liver.
她选择了自杀
She took her own life.

Oh.
我想我该说晚安了
Well, good night, I guess.
晚安
Good night.
你介意我留在这听一会儿吗
You mind if I stay and listen for a little while?
行啊
Okay.
你想让我讲讲故事进行到哪里了吗
Do you want me to catch you up in the story?
不用 我能自己搞清楚
No, I’ll be able to figure it out.
跟到哪儿是哪儿吧
I’ll just catch as catch can.
这鞋他们做了有
They made these for about…
三年半的时间 然后他们就终止了我的赞助
three and a half years before they terminated my sponsorship.
不错嘛
These are great.
我可以录音吗
May I turn this on?
来吧
Fire one.
那么 在你看来到底发生了什么事
So, what happened, in your opinion?
你是指什么事
What are you talking about?
你不觉得公众对你作品的认知
Don’t you think the public perception of your work
在过去五年里有很大变化吗
has significantly altered in the last five years?
这就是你的第一个问题
That’s your first question?
我还以为这是篇软文呢
I thought this was supposed to be a puff piece.
可以回到正题吗
Should we come back to it?
可以 – 好
Yeah. – Okay.
据说这将是你最后一次航行了 这是真的吗
Is it true that this is going to be your last voyage?
无可奉告
No comment.
谁告诉你的
Who told you that?
不是真的 妈的 我才52岁
No, goddamn it. I’m…only 52.
我们能从常规的对话开始吗
How about we start out with some stock dialogue?
比如 最喜欢的颜色
You know, favorite color?
蓝色 最喜欢的食物 沙丁鱼
Blue. Favorite food? Sardines.
你觉得自己的新纪录片第一部分怎么样
How do you feel about part one of your new film?
啥 那你觉得我的新纪录片第一部分怎么样
Why? How do you feel about part one of my new film?
老实说 那个
Well, I’m honest, you know, so…
你就直说
Just say it.
我认为有些地方看起来有点假
I thought aspects of it seemed slightly fake.
Wolodarsky
Wolodarsky?
休息五分钟 Steve – 休息五分钟吧
Take five, Steve. – How ’bout taking five?
这看起来假吗
Did it seem fake…
最好的朋友在我面前被鲨鱼咬成半截
when my best friend was bitten in half right in front of me…
尖叫着 被生吞
then eaten alive, screaming?
我感觉你才假
I think you’re a fake.
你觉得你是个骗子
And I think you’re a phony…
也是个烂记者
and a bad reporter.
感觉如何啊
How does that feel?
你来跟我说说
Now tell me something.
这也看起来很假吗
Does this seem fake?
你怎么敢
How dare you?
这篇文章的整个采写都是我的主意
This entire article was my idea.
没人他妈的在意这个
No one else gives a shit.
那Si Periman呢
What about Si Periman?
你开玩笑吗 他连我的开支都不报销
Are you joking? He’s not even covering my expenses.
你在拿我出气
You’re taking something out on me.
哦 别哭了
Oh, stop crying.
你到底想怎样
What’s the deal here?
我只是在为自己辩解而已
I was only trying to defend myself.
那你干的真好
Well, you did a great job.
你肯定会是个了不起的父亲
I’m sure you’ll make a terrific father.
所以说
So,
你真以为你是我们中的一员了吗
you really think you’re a Zissou.
我不知道
I don’t know.
你跑大老远就说句”我不知道” 小屁孩
Well, you traveled a long way for “I don’t know”, sonny.
确实如此
That’s true.
不过这对我来说很重要
But it’s important to me.
是吗 还有很多事情
Yeah? Well, there are a lot of things
对这儿的一些人来说很重要 小屁孩
that are important to some people around here, sonny.
Klaus 不要叫我小屁孩 – 还有件事
Klaus, don’t call me “sonny”. – And one more thing.
这是Steve Zissou秀
It’s the Steve Zissou show,
不是Ned秀
not the Ned show.
听清楚了吗
You hear me?
清楚了
Yes, I do.
Klaus
Klaus!

Ja?
你敢再碰我一次
If you ever touch me again,
我他妈就把你的牙踢掉 你明白了吗
I will kick your goddamn teeth out. Is that understood?
那除非你先滚得远远的 小屁孩
Not if I don’t see you first, sonny.
我们在Jane面前得要注意一点了
We gotta watch ourselves around this Jane character.
不要告诉她任何个人隐私
Don’t tell her anything personal.
如果你不确定该说什么 就换个话题
If you’re not sure about something, change the subject
然后来找我
and look for me.
这男人婆蓄意搞破坏
This bull dyke’s got something against us.
我觉得她不是同性恋 她都怀孕了
I don’t think she’s a lesbian. She’s pregnant.
男人婆也可以怀孕啊
Bull dykes can get pregnant.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!