我在理发店工作
Yeah, I worked in a barber shop,
不过我从没想过要当理发师
But I never considered myself a barber.
正确来说是被婚姻陷害
I stumbled into it well, married into it, more precisely.
店不是我开的 像同伙讲的 这只是一份工作
It wasn’t my establishment. Like the fella says, I only work here.
这个垃圾堆空间长宽两百平方尺
The dump was 200 feet square…
有三个我们称为台子的座位
With three chairs, or stations, as we call ’em,
只有两个人在做事
Even though there are only two of us working.
我的重点是:
But this is my point.
生意人跟捕兽人来到这个国家
My point is that these traders and trappers would come to this country,
带着他们的毛皮及黄金
Get their pelts and their gold “ignots”
法兰克瑞佛 我的小叔 算是首席理发师
Frank Raffo, my brother-in-law, was the principal barber.
能言善道
Man, could he talk.
如果你才十一 二岁 法兰克的八卦可能听起来蛮好玩
Maybe if you’re 11 or 12 years old, Frank’s got an interesting point of view,
只不过有时候我会觉得烦
But sometimes it got on my nerves.
并非我不抱怨
Not that I complained, mind you.
如我所言 他是首席理发师
Like I said, he was the principal Barber.
法兰克的爸爸奥古斯 绰号♥古兹
Frank’s father August they called him Guzzi
他在圣罗莎”工头”一干就是35年
Had worked the heads up in Santa Rosa for 35 years…
直到剪小平头中途心脏病发
Until his ticker stopped in the middle of a junior flattop.
两袖清风留给法兰克这间店
He left the shop to Frankie free and clear,
法兰克对此很知足
And that seemed to satisfy all of Frank’s ambitions
边剪头发边嚼舌根
Cutting the hair and chewing the fat.
我呢 不多话
Me, I don’t talk much.
只是剪头发
I just cut the hair.
大家都在议论纷纷 俄♥国♥人试爆了原♥子♥弹♥
It says here that the russians exploded an a-bomb…
我们却束手无策
And there’s not a damn thing we can do about it.
你有何高见?
How do you like them apples?
站理发台就像站吧台
Being a barber is a lot like being a bar man or a soda jerk.
基本功练熟后 就称不上什么大学问
There’s not much to it once you’ve learned the basic moves.
小孩子发型不外乎 小平头(或称屁屁头)
For the kids, there’s the butch, or the heinie,
大平头 长春藤头
The flattop, the ivy,
飞机头 先锋头
The crew, the vanguard,
小分线头
The junior contour…
偶尔来个大分线头
And occasionally the executive contour.
我住在拿帕街上的小平房♥
lived in a little bungalow on napa street.
住的地方还不赖
The place was okay, I guess.
有小冰箱 热水器
Had an electric icebox, a gas hearth…
洗碗槽装了垃圾研磨器
And a garbage grinde built into the sink.
应该会说我什么都不缺了
You might say I had it made.
还有一些事
Oh, year, there was one other thing.
朵莉丝在尼德霖格氏管帐簿
Doris kept the books at Nirdlingers,
那是大街上的一家小百货店
A small department store on main street.
朵莉丝很喜欢她的记帐工作
Doris liked the work, accounting.
她喜欢知道货品该在哪个柜上
She liked knowing where everything stood
而且全部享有九折员工价
And she got a ten percent employee discount on whatever she wanted
丝♥袜♥
Nylon stockings,
化妆品 香水
Makeup and perfume.
朵莉丝和我一个礼拜上一次教堂
Doris and I went to church once a week.
通常是礼拜二晚上
Usually Tuesday night.
朵莉丝对神的信仰不坚贞
Doris wasn’t big on divine worship,
我怀疑她根本不相信生命不朽
And I doubt if she believed in life everlasting.
她总是说果报在人间
She’d most likely tell you that our reward is on this earth,
玩宾果游戏还比较实际
And bingo is probably the extent of it.
B-7
B-7
亲爱的 注意你的卡
Watch you card, honey.
我并不沉迷于玩宾果
I wasn’t crazy about the game,
不过她倒玩得挺开心
But, I don’t know, it made her happy,
我找到片刻的宁静
And I found the setting peaceful.
老天 宾果
Jesus. Bingo.
宾果
Bingo!
朵莉丝的上司 老戴夫布鲁斯特
Doris’s boss, Big Dave Brewster,
与百货公♥司♥继承人安·尼德霖格结婚
Was married to Ann Nirdlinger, the department store heiress.
今晚将来访共进晚餐
Tonight they were coming over for dinner.
照朵莉丝的说法
As Doris said,
我们要与君同乐
We were entertaining.
我呢 不喜欢与君同乐
Me, I don’t like entertaining.
你好吗 艾德?- 还好啦
How you doin’, Ed? – Okay.
安 我帮你拿外套?
Take your coat, Ann?
日本鬼子把我们困在布纳六个礼拜
The japs had us pinned down on Buna for somethin’ like six weeks.
虽然战况惨烈 我们还是有后勤补给
I gotta tell ya, I thought we had it tough, but we had supply.
日本人只有虫子 蛆还有蓟可吃
The japs were eatin’ bugs and grubs and thistles.
总之 有一天我们跑到海滩边
Anyway, one day we bust off the beach…
找到走失的阿尼布雷格
And we find Arney Bragg, this kid missin’ on recon.
日本鬼子竟然把那混帐东西给吃了
the japs had eaten the son of a bitch.
原谅我
If you’ll pardon the, uh…
总之 他是一个骨瘦如柴 满脸粉刺的小子 但残缺不全
Anyway, he was a scrawny, pimply kid, nothin’ to write home about.
你知道的 我可不想试吃
I mean, I never woulda, you know.
亲爱的 我会怎么说?
So, what do I say, honey?
遇到不合我胃口的晚餐时 我会怎么说?
What do I say when I don’t like dinner?
说嘛 我会怎么说?
Come on. what do I say?
我说:”怎么又是阿尼布雷格?”
I say, “Arney Bragg, again?”
“怎么又是阿尼布雷格?”
Arney Bragg, again?
艾德 你不觉得好笑吗?- 我不觉得好笑
Were you in the service, Ed? – No, Dave, I wasn’t.
艾德有严重的扁平足(没当兵)
Ed was 4-f on account of his fallen arches.
不好意思
That’s tough.
真的 真不好意思
That’s… That’s tough.
朵莉丝喜欢听猛♥男♥的废话
Yeah, I guess Doris liked all that he-man stuff.
我有时候怀疑
Sometimes I had the feeling that
她跟老戴夫是不是搞暧昧
She and Big Dave were a lot closer than they let on.
到处有迹可寻
The signs were all there, plain enough.
我并非感到有什么好神气的 你要知道
Not that I was gonna prance about it, mind you.
这是一个自♥由♥的国度
It’s a free country.
干嘛独守门廊?
Holdin’ down the porch area, Ed?
你还有太太啊 – 嗯
That’s some wife you got there. – Yeah.
她很特别
She’s a rare one.
生意好吗?
So, how’s business, Dave?
再好不过了
Oh, uh, couldn’t be better.
零售业正逢景气
These are boom times in retailin’, Ed.
卡森城那儿要开一家分店
We’re openin’ another store over there on carson,
叫做:老戴夫之家 男性服饰专柜
Big Dave’s annex. Now, this is strictly haberdashery.
工作服 睡衣裤 女用内衣跟塑型胸衣
It’s casual wear, pajamas, ladies’ undergarments and foundations,
就卖♥♥这些东西
That type of thing.
事实上 我打算升朵莉丝当财务主管
As a matter of fact, I’m thinkin’ of makin’ Doris the comptroller.
分店开好了后 你要来参观啊
Listen, when the annex opens up, you gotta stop by.
也许我们可以让你的穿着 跟得上时代潮流 是不是?
Maybe we can update your suit a little bit, huh?
当然啦 你整天都穿工作罩衫
Course, you’re in the smock all day.
总之你到底都是去哪里买♥♥行头?
Where do you get those things, anyway?
山克拉门都的一间特别店铺
Specialty store down in Sacramento.
系上你的苍蝇饵
You tie your own flies.
你如果当真的话就系上你的饵
I mean, if you’re really serious, you tie your own flies.
你太过于
You do, uh…
呆板 没错
I know. It’s meticulous. I know.
人家说:喂 你可以到店里买♥♥苍蝇饵
People say, hey, you can buy flies at the store.
重点是:过程才是一门艺术
The point is, there’s a certain art to the process.
重点是:不是只有付出
The point is not merely to provide.
我讲直接的: 鱼儿不像你所想像的那么呆
Let me point out, these fish are not as dumb as you might think.
那当然 去那家店
Sure. Go to the store.
告诉那个人你要去哪钓鱼 还有为什么要钓鱼?
Describe to the man where you will be fishing and for what,
然后就有人跑出来 要卖♥♥你该死的鱼
And then you might as well have the man sell you the goddamned fish, Ed.
重点是
My point is,
有一个人什么都不懂 不管你跟他讲要卖♥♥多少
This is a man who knows nothing, no matter how much you tell him.
该死的鱼就卖♥♥给他 – 嗯
So sell him the goddamned fish, Ed. – Yeah.
好吧
Okay.
谁获得授权来剪我头发?
Who gets the privilege?
我们关门了 老兄
We’re just closing, friend.
日日见喜
Oh, happy days.
我希望转业顺利
I wish I was doing well enough to turn away business.
有什么毛病?工作时间工会都有规定
What’s the problem, friend? this is a business establishment with posted hours.
老弟 赋予你更高权力
More power to ya, brother.
公会闪边去
The public be damned.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!