嗨 我是乔恩
Hi. I’m Jon.
我是一名音乐剧作家
I’m a musical-theater writer.
也是我这类物种仅剩的其中一个
One of the last of my species.
抱歉 我最近一直听到这声音
Sorry. So… so, you know, lately, I’ve been hearing this sound.
无论我去到哪儿都听到滴答声
Everywhere I go, like a tick, tick, tick…
像出现在劣质低成本商业电影 或周六早晨动画片里的定时炸♥弹♥
Like a time bomb in some cheesy B-movie or Saturday morning cartoon.
引线已经点着 倒计时开始
The fuse has been lit. The clock counts down the seconds
随着火焰越烧越近
as the flame gets closer, and closer, and closer,
直到一下子全…
until… all at once…
这是乔纳森拉森的故事
This is Jonathan Larson’s story.
周年快乐 亲爱的 我好爱你
Happy anniversary, I love you so much.
在荣获托尼奖之前
Before the Tony Awards.
(《吉屋出租》已售罄 )
在荣获普利策奖之前
Before the Pulitzer Prize.
在…
Before…
我们将开幕之夜及每一场演出献给
We dedicate this opening night and every performance
我们的朋友 乔纳森拉森
to our friend, Jonathan Larson.
…我们失去他之前
…we lost him.
你即将看到的一切都是真实的
Everything you’re about to see is true.
除了那些乔纳森编造出的部分
Except for the parts Jonathan made up.
日期为1990年1月26日
The date is January 26th, 1990.
(《傲慢》围读会)
背景是贫瘠过时的无人区
The setting, the barren, unfashionable no-man’s-land
位于苏活区与格林威治村之间
between SoHo and Greenwich Village.
(月舞餐厅)
我有两个键盘 一台麦金塔电脑和一只猫
I have two keyboards, a Macintosh computer. A cat.
惊人的光盘及磁带收藏
An impressive collection of compact discs,
其中包括别人的音乐录制带
cassettes, and records of other people’s music.
在重压下已下垂的书架 放着不是我写的剧本和小说
Bookshelves sagging under the weight of plays and novels I didn’t write.
我有一部原创 反乌托邦式的摇滚音乐剧…
I have an original, dystopian rock musical…
(《傲慢》)
…我用尽八年时间
…that I have spent the last eight years of my life writing…
写了又写 改了又改
…and rewriting, and rewriting.
我收过的拒绝信多不胜数 来自业内的每一位制♥作♥人
I have rejection letters from every major and minor producer,
剧院公♥司♥ 唱片公♥司♥及电影制片厂
theater company, record label, and film studio in existence.
再过一周…
And in just over a week…
我将年满三十岁
I will be 30 years old.
比斯蒂芬桑德海姆 第一次演出百老汇时还要老…
Older than Stephen Sondheim when he had his first Broadway show.
(《西区故事》)
…比保罗麦卡特尼在跟 约翰列侬写最后一首歌♥时还要老
Older than Paul McCartney when he wrote his last song with John Lennon.
(披头士《随它去吧》)
我父母在三十岁时已经有两个孩子
By the time my parents were 30, they already had two kids,
稳定收入的工作 还得支付房♥贷
they had careers with steady paychecks, a mortgage.
再过八天 我的青春将一去不复返
And in eight days, my youth will be over forever.
而我能拿什么来展示自己的成就呢
And what exactly do I have to show for myself?
生日快乐
Happy birthday!
让时钟停止
♪ Stop the clock ♪
抽出点时间来
♪ Take time out ♪
是时候重振旗鼓
♪ Time to regroup ♪
在失去目标之前
♪ Before you lose the bout ♪
让画面定格
♪ Freeze the frame ♪
往回倒一点
♪ Back it up ♪
是时候重新聚焦
♪ Time to refocus ♪
在一切结束之前
♪ Before they wrap it up ♪
岁月越来越短暂
♪ Years are getting shorter ♪
你脸上的皱纹也越来越长
♪ Lines on your face are getting longer ♪
感觉像在涉过深水
♪ Feel like you’re treading water ♪
但波浪越来越强
♪ But the riptide’s getting stronger ♪
别惊慌 别弃船
♪ Don’t panic, don’t jump ship ♪
你无法抗争 如同纳税
♪ Can’t fight it, like taxes ♪
但至少一生中只有一次
♪ At least it happens Only once in your life ♪
他们唱着“生日快乐”
♪ They’re singing “Happy Birthday” ♪
你却只想躺着哭泣
♪ You just want to lay down and cry ♪
这不仅是另一个生日 这是1990年的30岁
♪ Not just another birthday, it’s 30/90 ♪
为何不能停留在29岁
♪ Why can’t you stay 29? ♪
该死的 你仍觉得仿佛22岁
♪ Hell, you still feel like you’re 22 ♪
在1990年步入30岁
♪ Turn 30, 1990 ♪
一瞬间你就死了 还能怎么办
♪ Bang! You’re dead What can you do? ♪
还能怎么办
♪ What can you do? ♪
还能怎么办呢
♪ What can you do? ♪
我复印了十份
I made ten copies.
你是这地球上的天使
You are an angel on earth.
-这真的是最后一次了 -我知道 谢谢
-This is the last time. Seriously. -I know. Thank you.
-不 我请你吧 -我要付费
-No, no, no, I got you. -I’m gonna pay.
-我不要你付 -谁能把这袋垃圾拿去扔掉
– I don’t want you to pay. – Somebody needs to take out this trash.
听说你要从乔恩家里搬出去
So I hear you’re moving out of Jon’s place.
那代表着一个时代的结束
That’s the end of an era.
我们在多个清晨都听到 他偷偷哭泣 这很令人悲伤
We hear him sobbing in the fridge most mornings. It’s very sad.
不 我们别谈论这个
No, no, no. We are not talking about that.
-卡罗琳 你下周五会来吗 -下周五有什么事
Wait, Carolyn, you’re coming next Friday, right? What’s happening Friday?
-《傲慢》工作坊 -我很惊讶他还没说
– The Superbia workshop. – Surprised he hasn’t mentioned it.
那听起来有点耳熟
That sounds vaguely familiar.
这是我事业上最大的突破 关键性的一刻终于到来了
Guys, this is the biggest break I’ve ever had. This is that moment.
这是第一次公演 观众不再只是我们
It’s the first time people are gonna see the show that aren’t just us.
你没施加压力 这一点真棒
It’s good you’re not putting too much pressure on it.
这是真的 到了一定年龄
But it’s true, though.
你就不再是端着餐盘的作家
It’s like, you get to a certain age and you stop being a writer who waits tables
你变成了一个有爱好的服务员
and you become a waiter with a hobby.
布布 你得问自己
Boo-Boo, you need to ask yourself, in this moment,
你是被恐惧牵着走 还是被爱引导着
are you letting yourself be led by fear or by love?
清空跑道
♪ Clear the runway ♪
再来一次吧
♪ Make another pass ♪
尝试另一种方法
♪ Try one more approach ♪
在耗尽精力之前
♪ Before you’re out of gas ♪
朋友们越来越胖
♪ Friends are getting fatter ♪
你头上的发量也日益稀薄
♪ Hairs on your head are getting thinner ♪
感觉像在要输的棒球队
♪ Feel like a cleanup batter
做最后的击球手
♪ On a team that ain’t a winner ♪
别被吓坏 别出局
♪ Don’t freak out, don’t strike out ♪
你无法抗争 如同市政厅
♪ Can’t fight it, like City Hall ♪
但至少你不是孤单一人
♪ At least you’re not alone ♪
你的朋友也都在
♪ Your friends are there too ♪
他们唱着“生日快乐”
♪ And they’re singing “Happy Birthday” ♪
你却只希望能逃走
♪ You just wish you could run away ♪
谁在乎过生日
♪ Who cares about a birthday? ♪
但这是1990年的30岁啊
♪ But 30/90, hey ♪
难道不能乐观一点
♪ Can you be optimistic? ♪
你不再是青涩少年
♪ You’re no longer the ingénue ♪
在1990年步入30岁
♪ Turn 30, 1990 ♪
一瞬间你就过时了
♪ Boom! You’re passé ♪
还能怎么办
♪ What can you do? ♪
还能怎么办
♪ What can you do? ♪
还能怎么办呢
♪ What can you do? ♪
你直接辞职了
You just quit?
不 我不是直接辞职 我交了辞职通知
Well, no, I didn’t just “quit” quit. I gave… I gave my notice.
-完全是一回事 -不 我还有两周时间
-That’s exactly the same thing. -No, I have two weeks left.
我让自己被爱所引导
I’m allowing myself to be led by love.
什么
What?
罗莎的另一个客户 克雷格卡内利亚
You know, Rosa’s got another client. Craig Carnelia.
你那个没回电♥话♥的经纪人罗莎
This is Rosa your agent, who hasn’t returned your calls in a year?
是她没错
Yeah, yeah. That’s the one.
她邀来所有业内人士 参加克雷格去年的音乐工作坊
So she invited the entire theater industry to Craig’s musical workshop last year.
在中场休息时 已有某位制♥作♥人
And by intermission, some producer
给他写了张一万美元的支票
had already written him a check for ten thousand dollars.
我真希望你不必有这样的想法
I just wish that you didn’t have to think like that.
制♥作♥艺术是昂贵的
Well, it’s expensive to make art.
-在这地方制♥作♥艺术才昂贵 -但每一分钱都值
No, baby, it’s expensive to make art here. Yeah, but worth every penny.
-这真漂亮 -对吧
-That’s beautiful. -I know, right?
你打算怎么付这个钱
How are you gonna pay for this, Jonathan?
彼得潘和叮叮铃
♪ Peter Pan and Tinkerbell ♪
往梦幻岛该怎么走
♪ Which way to Never Never Land? ♪
翡翠城已坠入地狱
♪ Emerald City’s gone to hell ♪
-自从巫师不再坚守职责 -不再坚守职责
-♪ Since the wizard blew off his command ♪ -♪ Blew off his command ♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!