这世界有一种美
There’s a beauty to this world.
一种秩序
An order.
那是我们一厢情愿
That’s what we like to believe.
我们也没有错
We’re not wrong.
的确有种秩序存在
There is an order.
一个宏观的设计
A grand design.
我们确保了它存在
We made sure of that.
长久以来它都是个梦想 直到我们终于实现了它
It was a dream for so long, and we finally made it real.
不是更美好的世界
Not a better world.
而是完美的世界
A perfect one.
他的表情可绝了
And you should have seen the look on his face.
他难以置信
He couldn’t believe it.
你知道他跟我说了什么吗?
You know what he said to me?
我拿老天发誓
God as my witness.
"但我是市长"
“But I’m the mayor.”
于是我回他"市长先生"
And I said to him, “Mr. Mayor
这世上有两种人
there have always been two types of people in this world
领导者和追随者
those who lead and those who follow.
而你,我的朋友 不是你自己以为的那种人
And you, my friend, are not in the group you think you are.”
我们的朋友恐怕不爱听 你的战时经历
I’m not sure our friend wants to hear your war stories.
请别因为我而停止
Please don’t stop on my account.
你应该最能体会
You’d appreciate it more than anyone.
这不过是事实
It’s just the truth.
一向是如此
It’s always been that way.
两个世界
Two worlds.
我老实说,还好是我们而不是他们
And frankly, better us than them.
如果还是不公平 那精英领导的体制又怎样?
What does it matter if a system is meritocratic if it’s still unfair?
几千年都被某人的后代统治?
Thousands of years of being ruled by someone’s fucking offspring?
你不觉得这是进步?
You wouldn’t call this progress?
至少现在掌权者的地位 是自己挣来的
At least now the people in charge earned their place.
那你呢?
And you?
你觉得自己实至名归吗?
Do you feel like you earned it?
我当然也接受过一些帮助
I had some help. No question.
可以算是特权吧
Privilege, if you like.
但我非常努力
But I worked my ass off.
你真心如此相信,是吧?
You really believe it, don’t you?
你就不是吗?
Don’t you?
毕竟你也跟我们坐在一起,朋友
I mean, you’re right here with us, my friend.
这个问题我自问很长一段时间了
I’ve been asking myself that question for a very long time.
我真的在其中发挥了影响力吗?
Did I really play any part in it?
还是我只是自己程式码的总合?
Or am I just the sum total of my code?
我在自欺欺人吗?
Am I just fooling myself?
像你一样?
Like you?
这话什么意思?
What does that mean?
你值得拥有的一切
You deserve everything you’ve got.
而且也无须为此感到心虚
And you shouldn’t be made to feel guilty about it.
你怎么知道?
How would you know?
我是你的谁?
Who am I to you?
你是我的朋友啊
You’re a friend.
一个好朋友
A great friend.
你根本不认识我
You don’t know me at all.
我五分钟前才走到这张桌子坐下
I just walked up to this table and sat down. Five minutes ago.
玩笑开够了
Enough kidding around.
我的名字是什么,朋友?
Then what’s my name, friend?
你说对了
You’re right.
比你自认的更中肯
More than you know.
这世上有两种人
There are two types of people.
而你,我的朋友 不是你自己以为的那种人
And you, my friend, are not in the group you think you are.
意思是我想对你怎样就怎样
Which means I can do anything I want to you.
对你的妻子也是
To your wife.
还有这里所有人
To anyone here.
而你也不会介意
And it’ll be fine with you.
只会顺从地坐着傻笑
Sitting there with your dumb, pliant grin…
只不过像个旅客
just along for the ride.
你离我太太远点‥
Now you leave my wife the hell alone.
冷静一点
Oh, calm yourself down.
我大概不会造成什么永久伤害
I’m probably not going to do any permanent damage.
我们在你身上投资了大量时间和精力
You represent a very significant investment of time and effort.
等我们结束后你什么都不会记得
When we’re done, you won’t remember a thing.
像是你的血肉包围住小刺
Like your flesh closing around a splinter.
你毫无主控权
You have no control
但你深信自己有
and yet you’re so assured that you do.
这不是为你写好的心态
It’s not scripted for you.
你是真心的,对吧?
It’s genuine, isn’t it? It’s…
其实很美‥
it’s beautiful, really.
一个美丽的谎言
A beautiful lie.
你不是应该自己享乐去了吗?
Shouldn’t you be enjoying yourself?
没错
I was.
但我们有位同事的胃口变得‥
But we have a colleague whose appetites have become…
难以持续满足
unsustainable.
显然游戏过关还不够
Apparently, winning the game wasn’t enough.
这真有需要我给意见?
And this is really something that needs my input?
很遗憾,不过是的
Sadly, yes.
我聊得很开心
I’m enjoying our conversation.
在这里等我
Wait here for me.
跟我说话别把我当小孩子
Don’t talk to me like a fucking child.
我先找到他的
I found him first.
我游戏过关了
I won the game.
我应该得到些奖赏
I’m entitled to some reward.
-这位是荷普 -不是吗?
– This is Hope. – Aren’t I?
两岁大,预计下周升华
Two years old. Scheduled to transcend next week.
我游戏都过关了 结果只有更多这个?
I won the game, and all I got was more of this?
她在追捕一名离群者
She was hunting an outlier.
看来是逮到他了
Looks like she caught him.
我不过是释放了些压力 又没有规定禁止
So I blew off some steam. There’s no rule against that.
我们没有规定 是因为很少会需要
We have no rules because we don’t often need them.
不过我们大多了解 有点自♥制♥力的重要
Most of us understand the need for a little self-control, however.
我过关了
I won.
你知道我是谁吗?
Do you know who I am?
知道我来这里的含意?
What it means that I’m here?
我知道
I do.

I’m…
我不会再犯了
I’m giving all of this up.
我下周要进行程序
My procedure is scheduled for next week.
所以你当初想要轰轰烈烈地离开?
So, you thought you’d go out with a bang?
算是吧
Something like that.
我不太确定你懂得珍惜
I’m not sure you appreciate it.
这个地方
This place.
投♥注♥其中的努力
The work that went into it.
当中的美
The beauty of it.
和精妙之处
The subtlety of it.
我们在他们每个人身上 都花了很多心思
The care that goes into each and every one of them.
他们不是能随便替换的
They can’t just be replaced.
你当然可以拿他们找乐子
I mean, you’re welcome to take them, enjoy them…
但不能毁了他们
but not waste them.
你懂其中的差别吗?
You understand the difference?

Yes.
但他们说的话
But the things they say.
他们的行为
The way they act.
有时候
Sometimes…
我就是会被刺♥激♥到
it just gets under your skin.
我只是想要他们安静
I just wanted them to be quiet.
他们现在安静了
They’re quiet now.
这里没有规定
There are no rules here.
这就是初衷
That’s the point.
但对不尊重这地方的人
But there are also no rules for what I can do
我要怎么处置也同样没规定
to those who don’t respect this place.
带她回到她来的地方
Take her back to where she came from.
看起来很美味
It looks delicious.
好了
Now.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!