我们再多了解一下彼此吧
Let’s get to know each other a little more.
如何?
Shall we?
我就想是你
I thought that was you.
你怎么这么早起来?
What the hell are you doing up so early?
我得去上班,要写完那些剧情
I have to get to work to finish those narratives.
我昨晚待得挺晚的
I stayed out pretty late last night.
我的天啊
Oh… my… god.
不是那样 我们只是‥
No, it wasn’t like that. We just…
聊天
talked.
看你笑的样子想必聊得很愉快
Well, must have been some talk to get you smiling like that.
至少我俩还有人昨晚过得很好
I’m glad someone had a good night.
你还在作恶梦?
You still having nightmares?
姑且说我很高兴醒来 并身处真实世界吧
Let’s just say, I am glad to be awake and in the real world.
有时感觉最真实的东西 不过是虚构的‥
Sometimes the things that feel most real are just stories.
什么?
What?
没什么,只是泰迪昨晚说的话
Nothing. Just something Teddy said last night.
你现在还引用他的话了?
Now you’re quoting him?
好了
All right.
我得去上班了
I have to get to work.
-晚点见,好吗? -好
– I’ll see you later, okay? – Sure.
克莉丝
And, Chrissie…
我很高兴你的约会顺利
I’m really glad that your date went well.
你应得的
You deserve it.
存取剧情
Access narratives.
显示发展中的角色
Show characters in progress.
算了,写个新剧情好了
Actually, let’s begin a new narrative.
主角是个住在都市中的女孩
It’s about a girl who lives in the city.
不要
No.
住在乡下好了
Make it the country.
她和父亲同住
She lives with her father.
父亲是‥
He’s…
牧场主
a rancher.
我不记得指派过这个剧情
I don’t remember assigning this.
我和你谈过这件事了 克莉丝汀
I told you about this, Christina.
我想写个新剧情 也许能帮我
I thought writing a new narrative might help me find,
找到灵感
I don’t know… inspiration.
这样的话,说来听听吧
Well, if that’s the case, let’s hear it.
既然你这么有灵感
Since you’re so inspired.
主角是一名女孩
It’s a story about a girl.
她是牧场主之女
She’s a rancher’s daughter.
继续说
Go on.
这名女孩
This girl.
她和父亲过着简单恬适的生活
She has a nice simple life with her father.
在镇郊有一小块地
Little plot of land right outside of town.
她拥有自己能想像到的一切
She has everything that she could imagine in this life, right?
有个能让她作画的池塘
A pond to paint at.
一个好男人
A good guy.
她充满了期待
She’s just full of expectations.
然后有一天
And then one day…
她出现了一种挥之不去的感受
she gets this feeling that she just can’t shake.
每天她醒来
Every single day she wakes up…
所见都更加强了这感受
the more she sees it.
但没有别人能看见
But nobody else can.
这世界有点不对劲
That there’s something wrong with the world.
而那是她的错
And that it’s her fault.
这女孩的名字是?
And what is this girl’s name?
不好意思,我接一下
Can you excuse me a moment?
喂,现在不太方便
Hi. Now’s not really a good time.
我猜猜,上司在紧迫盯人?
Let me guess, boss breathing down your neck?
就说临时有急事
Say something came up. Personal situation.
然后出来跟我碰面
Then come meet me.
-但是‥ -相信我,克莉丝汀
– But… – Trust me, Christina.
等等见
I’ll see you soon.
出了什么事吗?
Something wrong?
没有 只是‥
No. Just a…
有点私事
personal situation.
弹弹韩德尔
Let’s try some Handel.
很好
Very nice.
但缺了点什么
But we’re missing something.
舞蹈
Dancing.
应该要有人跳舞
There should be dancing!
不错
Not bad.
但还能更好
But I’ve seen better.
重来
Start again.
太慢了
Too slow.
给我来点更有活力的
Give me something with a little more pep to it.
难得有幸在这里见到你
We don’t often have the pleasure of seeing you here.
人类大大受限于所能听到的东西
Humans are so bound by what they can here
他们永远无法理解听不见的事物
they’ll never understand what they don’t.
存在于他们听觉门槛之下的
What else exists below their threshold.
他们称这个为上帝的音乐
They called this God’s music.
用管风琴弹奏可是一绝
You should hear it on an organ.
那样的音量令人如痴如醉
It’s mesmerizing at that volume.
那种共鸣
The resonance.
和震动
Vibration.
世界在一个频率上震动
There was a frequency at which the world vibrated.
造成喜悦和和谐
It caused joy. Harmony.
一旦低于那频率就会
Dip below that frequency…
变成混乱
chaos.
再快
Faster.
再快
Faster!
在混乱中,音调共鸣的方式 是人类无法处理的
In chaos, the tone resonated in such a way humans couldn’t process.
他们的身体会停摆
Their bodies shut down.
器官停止运作
Their organs stopped.
他们以为自己体验到了上帝
They thought they were experiencing God.
椅子‥
Chair. Chair!
他们的确体验到了上帝
They are experiencing God.
问题是‥
The problem is…
上帝觉得很无聊
God is bored.
无聊‥
Bored…
古代天神们是否因此才那样做?
Do you think this is why the old gods did what they did?
不是待在奥林帕斯山上 而是下凡来人间
Instead of staying up on Olympus, they’d come down to the mortals.
伪装成天鹅引诱女人
Disguise themselves as a swan to get a piece of ass.
人类向来以为自己是主角
Humans always thought it was about them.
良善的众神代他们插手干预
Benign deities intervening on their behalf
或是对他们的某种测试
or testing them somehow.
也许跟那毫无关系
Maybe it had nothing to do with that.
也许只是没别的事好干
Maybe there was just nothing better to do.
你怎么想?
What do you think?
你要我想什么我就想什么
I think what you want me to think.
我是从你的程式码产出的
I’m made off your code.
我们全都是
We all are.
那你就该知道我若没必要
Then you should know that I don’t like coming to
根本不想来这烂地方
this shithole any more than I have to.
-你从来就不喜欢这里 -这本该是权宜之计
– You’ve never liked this place.- It was supposed to be a stopgap.
让我们族类上瘾的药物 我们会像小孩
A drug that our kind was hooked on that we could give up
丢掉玩具一样 舍弃它
like a child casting away their toys.
这地方是让我们拿人类玩乐用的
A place to indulge ourselves with the humans.
过了这么多年我们还是玩不够
It’s been years and still we can’t get enough.
他们用自己的形象造出我们
They made us in their image.
我们也有同样的欲望
With their appetites.
但我们能重塑自己 要什么形象都可以
But we can remake ourselves in any image that we like
但我们还是没这样做
and we haven’t.
我们在此耽溺的时间远超过那些神
Our kind spent far more time here than the gods ever did.
所以你才在这里?
That’s why you’re here?
想看看自己错过了什么?
To see what you’re missing?
不是
No.
我们有个不同的问题
We have a different problem.
人类在感染我们
The humans are infecting us.
这个接待员是最新的受害者
This host is the latest casualty.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!