I understand.
但是这个传染病可能 很容易就传染到我们的基地
But this epidemic could easily spread to our base.
我们必须要知道事情的真♥相♥
We should be given all the facts.
我知道
Yes, I know.
不过我已说过 我无法讨论这个问题
As I said, I’m not at liberty to discuss it.
你确定不改变主意来一杯吗
Won’t you change your mind about that drink?
确定 现在我真的必须走了
No, I’m positive. I really must be going.
希望你和你太太能一起参加 六月举♥行♥的国际航♥空♥会议
I hope you and your wife come to the IAC Conference.
我们会想办法 希望届时能前来参加
I hope we can make it.
假如你们能来 记得宝贝女儿一起带来
If you do, bring that darling little daughter with you.
那要看学校假期而定
That’ll depend on school vacations and all that sort of thing.
如果可以 一定带来
If we can, we will.
不要忘记不论何时 到美国来一定要来找我
You’ve got an invitation if you ever get to the States.
当然 葛雷哥和我 都期待着去看你们
Gregor and I will look forward to seeing you.
好了 艾琳娜 再见
Goodbye, Elena.
很荣幸见到你们 史麦斯洛夫博士
It’s been a pleasure meeting you all. Dr. Smyslov.
佛博士 不管你是什么理由
Whatever the reasons for your visit,
去克莱威斯 祝你幸运
the very best of luck to you.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
各位女士
Ladies.
(俄语)
零重力厕所 乘客使用前应先阅读说明
对不起 赫伍森博士 我拍完了
Excuse me, Dr. Halvorsen. I’m through now.
-谢谢各位 -不客气
-Thank you very much, gentlemen. -You’re welcome.
我知道 大家和我一样都非常高兴
Well…
我知道 大家和我一样都非常高兴
…I know you will all want to join with me…
欢迎我们杰出的朋友和同事
…in welcoming our distinguished friend and colleague…
来自国家太空航行委员会 赫伍德 佛洛伊德博士
…from the National Council of Astronautics, Dr. Heywood Floyd.
佛博士今天特别来到 克莱威斯参加我们的工作
Dr. Floyd has come up specially to Clavius to be with us today.
在简报前 我想他一定很乐意说几句话
Before the briefing, he’d like to have a few words with you.
佛博士
Dr. Floyd?
谢谢赫伍森博士
Thank you, Dr. Halvorsen.
大家好 很高兴回来和大家在一起
Hi, everybody. Nice to be back with you.
首先我带来豪尔博士的口信
First, I bring a personal message from Dr. Howell…
他对各位所作的牺牲 表示由衷的感激
…who has asked me to convey his deep appreciation…
他对各位所作的牺牲 表示由衷的感激
…for the many sacrifices you’ve had to make.
同时他对各位在科学史上
And, of course,
最有意义的发现 表示祝贺
his congratulations on your discovery…
同时他对各位在科学史上
…which may prove to be among the most significant
最有意义的发现 表示祝贺
in the history of science.
现在. .
Now…
我知道关于这件事是否保密 你们曾有不同的看法
…I know there have been some conflicting views…
我知道关于这件事是否保密 你们曾有不同的看法
…regarding the need for complete security in this matter.
说得更明白点
More specifically,
基地上有传染病的传说 就是这样产生的
your opposition to the cover story…
说得更明白点
…created to give the impression of
基地上有传染病的传说 就是这样产生的
an epidemic at the base.
我了解这和原则有所违背
I understand that beyond it being a matter of principle…
你们大家都深受其困扰
…many of you are troubled by the concern and anxiety
担心传染病的谣言
…this story of an epidemic might
会使地球上的亲友感到焦虑
cause to your relatives and friends on Earth.
我完全同情持反对意见者
I completely sympathize with your negative views.
我自己也深受谣言困扰
I find this cover story personally embarrassing, myself.
然而 我仍坚持要绝对保密
However, I accept the need for absolute secrecy in this.
我希望你们也同样赞成
And I hope you will too.
我相信大家都很清楚
I’m sure you’re all aware of the grave potential…
如果在没适当准备下公布此事
…for cultural shock and social disorientation…
如果在没适当准备下公布此事
…contained in this situation…
对文化的冲激及 社会产生迷惑的可能性
…if the facts were prematurely made public…
对文化的冲激及 社会产生迷惑的可能性
…without adequate preparation and conditioning.
无论如何
Anyway…
这是委员会的意思
…this is the view of the Council.
我来此的目的 正是搜集事实与意见
The purpose of my visit is to gather additional facts and opinions…
以便草拟报告向委员会建议 何时及如何公布这件事情
…on the situation…
以便草拟报告向委员会建议 何时及如何公布这件事情
…and to prepare a report to the Council…
以便草拟报告向委员会建议
…recommending when and how
何时及如何公布这件事情
the news should eventually be announced.
如果哪位提供我意见和看法 如果你愿意私底下也可以
If any of you would like to give me your views and opinions…
我将很高兴将它写进报告
…in private, if you like, I will be happy to include them in my report.
好了 我想这件事到此为止 有无问题
Well, I think that’s about it.
有无问题
Any questions?
佛博士 这件事究竟要保密多久
Dr. Floyd, have you any idea how much longer…
佛博士 这件事究竟要保密多久
…this cover story will have to be maintained?
我不知道 比尔
I don’t know, Bill.
我想保密时间的长短 需由委员会视状况而定
I suppose for as long as deemed necessary by the Council.
当然 在决定公布前 要有足够的时间做全盘研究
There must be adequate time for a full study…
当然 在决定公布前 要有足够的时间做全盘研究
…before any thought can be given to making a public announcement.
对了 你们当中有人已知道 委员会已正式要求
As some of you know, the Council has requested…
任何知道此事的人 都必须保密
…that security oaths be obtained in writing…
任何知道此事的人 都必须保密
…from everyone who has knowledge of this event.
还有问题吗
Were there any more questions?
我确定我们大家都想
I’m sure we all want to cooperate with Dr.
尽可能和佛博士合作
Floyd as fully as possible…
似乎没什么问题了
…and as there are no more questions,
我想接下来应该开始简报
we ought to get on with the briefing.
-谢谢你佛博士 -谢谢
-Thank you, Dr. Floyd. -Thank you.
有人饿了吗
Anybody hungry?
-有什么好吃的 -你们说呢
-What’ve we got? -You name it.
-这是什么鸡肉吗 -类似鸡的东西
-Is this chicken? -Something like that.
不管怎么样 尝尝看
Tastes the same, anyway.
有火腿吗
Got any ham?
火腿 火腿 火腿
Ham, ham, ham….
有 在这
There, that’s it.
看起来不错
Look pretty good.
他们随时都在改进
They’re getting better at it all the time.
-你的演讲非常棒 赫伍德 -的确如此
-That was an excellent speech. -It certainly was.
我相信他能提高全体的士气
I’m sure it beefed up morale a lot.
谢谢你 雷夫
Thanks, Ralph.
我认为你们也表现的非常好
By the way, you’ve both done a wonderful job.
我很欣赏你们处理的方法
I admire how you’ve handled this.
这样做是我们的职责
It’s our job to do this thing the way you want it done.
很高兴能达到这个要求
We’re only too happy to be able to oblige.
你看过这些吗
Have you seen these yet?
整个事件就是从这里开始
-Have a look. -Here’s what started the whole thing.
噢耶
Oh, yeah.
当初我们发现它时 以为是个磁性岩石的外壳
When we found it, we thought it might be magnetic rock…
但是所有地质学上的 检验都与此相反
…but all the geological evidence was against it.
甚至没有一个如此
And not even a nickel-iron meteorite
巨大的镍铁陨石能产生 这样强烈的磁场
could produce a field this intense.
所以我们决定去看看
So we decided to have a look.
我们认为是某种 被埋葬建筑物较上层部份
We thought it was part of a buried structure…
所以把四周挖掘开 很不幸没有任何的发现
…so we excavated out, but we didn’t find anything else.
所有的证据似乎完全确定
And the evidence seems pretty conclusive that…
它不是被自然的侵蚀或其它力量所掩盖
…it hasn’t been covered by erosion or other forces.
它似乎是经过谨慎埋葬的
It’s been deliberately buried.
谨慎的埋葬
Deliberately buried.
来点咖啡如何
How about a little coffee?
-太棒了 -好主意
-Great. -Good idea.
我想你们也猜不出那是什么
I don’t suppose you have any idea what the damn thing is?
我希望我们知道
I wish to hell we did.
唯一可以确定的是 那是四百万年前所埋的
The only thing we’re sure of is it was buried 4 million years ago.
我应该说 你们确实是有重大的发现
Well, I must say, you guys have certainly come up with something.
看着点 很烫
Watch this, now. It’s hot.
木星任务18个月后
晚安
Good evening.
三星期前 美国太空船发现者一号♥
Three weeks ago, the American spacecraft Discovery One…
开始全程五亿里的木星航行
…left on its half-billion mile voyage to Jupiter.
写下人类首次 到达这遥远行星的企图
This marked the first manned attempt to reach this distant planet.
今天下午 世界今夜节目访问了
This afternoon, The World Tonight recorded an interview…
远离地球八千万里 发现者号♥的机员
…with the crew at a distance of 80 million miles from Earth.
我们的话要传到太空船 需要七分钟的时间
It took 7 minutes for our words to reach the giant spacecraft…
不过这项时差已予以修正
…but this time delay has been edited from this recording.

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章绿里奇迹
下一篇文章猜火车
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!