Home 传记电影 日月精忠(1966)

日月精忠(1966)

0
日月精忠(1966)

For heaven’s sake, remember my office.
如果你仍然身居高位
If you stand on your office…
我并不是高高在上 但是仍然有些事情我可能有些疏忽
No, I don’t stand on it, but there are certain things I may not hear.
托马斯爵士
Sir Thomas.
理查德
Richard?
我跌倒了
I fell.
爱丽丝女士
Lady Alice.
玛格丽特小姐 晚上好
Lady Margaret. Good evening.
你认识小威廉·罗珀吗?
Do you know William Roper, the younger?
当然 久仰了
By reputation, of course.
晚上好 大人 里奇
Good evening, Master… Rich.
你听说过我吗?
You’ve heard of me?
是的
Yes.
怎么听说过我的? 我不知道你能听说过什么?
In what connection? I don’t know what you can have heard.
我感到我在这里不受欢迎!
I sense that I’m not welcome here.
为什么?你做了什么让你不受欢迎的事情吗?
Why Richard? Have you done something to make you not welcome?
克伦威尔一直在问
Cromwell is asking questions.
问你 他一直在问你和你的观点
About you, he’s always asking questions about you and your opinions.
关于谁的观点?
Of whom?
有关他的 他也是他的消息来源之一!
Of him, for oneThat’s one of his sources.
当然了 他是我的仆人之一
Of courseThat’s one of my servants.
没事了 马修
All right, Matthew.
你看着我就像看着敌人一样
Well, you look at me as though I were an enemy.
为什么 理查德 你在哆嗦
Why Richard, you’re shaking.
帮帮我
Help me.
怎么帮?
How?
雇我
Employ me.
不行
No.
雇我吧 不行
Employ me! No.
我会忠心耿耿的
I would be faithful.
理查德 你都不能回答自己 甚至今晚也一样
You couldn’t answer for yourself even so far as tonight.
逮捕他
Arrest him!
为什么? 他是个危险分子
For what? He’s dangerous!
诽谤 他是个间谍 他是个坏家伙
Libel He’s a spy! That man’s bad!
法律上没有这个罪 这是上帝的律法
There’s no law against that. God’s law!
那上帝就能逮捕他 你在这里说话的时候 他就已经跑了
Then God can arrest him. While you talk, he’s gone!
那就让他跑 他要是魔鬼的话 直到他真正犯了法律为止
Go he should, if he were the Devil, until he broke the law.
你让魔鬼钻法律的空子 是的 你能怎么办?
Now you give the Devil benefit of law! Yes, what would you do?
难道你要为了抓住魔鬼就宁愿践踏法律吗?
Cut a road through the law to get after the Devil?
对 为了对抗邪恶 我会践踏一切英格兰的法律!
Yes I’d cut down every law in England to do that.
如果所有的法律都被践踏 当魔鬼把矛头对准你的时候
And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned on you…
没有法律的保护 罗珀 你还如何对抗?
…where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?
这个国家的制度是建立在人的法律上
This country is planted with laws from coast to coast…
不是上帝的律法上 如果你废除了法律
…Man’s laws, not God’s, and if you cut them down…
该是你来做这些事情
…and you’re just the man to do it…
你觉得到时候你会在瑟瑟寒风中站的稳吗?
…do you really think you could stand upright in the wind that would blow then?
是的
Yes.
我会让魔鬼从法律中获益 如果这样是安全的话
I give the Devil benefit of law for my own safety’s sake.
里奇大人? 对
Master Rich? Yes.
在这里 先生
In there, sir.
里奇 进来吧
Rich? Come in.
你来花了不少时间啊
Taken you long enough to get here.
我让您久等了吗?
Have I kept you waiting?
我等了好几个月了
Months.
拿着 谢谢
Here. Thank you.
你听到消息了吗?
Do you know the news?
什么消息? 托马斯爵士将会退休
What news? Sir Thomas Paget is retiring.
我将会继任
And I succeed him.
枢密官?
Secretary to the Council?
你?
You?
这很让人意外 对吗?
‘Tis surprising, isn’t it?
我是说 嗯 这合乎情理
I mean, one sees that’s logical.
坐下 里奇 用不着祝贺 也不用拘礼
Sit down, Rich. No ceremony, no courtship…
就像国王常说的那样
…as His Majesty would say.
你看到我是多么信任你了吗?
You see how I trust you.
我不用向您报告这个
I’d never repeat or report a thing like that.
那你有什么需要报告的呢?
What kind of thing would you repeat or report?
没有什么是基于友谊而说的
Nothing said in friendship.
你相信这个吗?
Do you believe that?
为什么?是的 不 说真的
Why, yes. No, seriously.
呃 是的
Well, yes.
里奇 说真的
Rich, seriously.
这还要取决于我能获得什么
That would depend what I was offered.
不要仅为了取悦我而说
Don’t say it just to please me.
真的 取决于我能得到什么职位
It’s true It would depend what I was offered.
有一个职务的空缺
Well, there is another post vacant.
约克郡的税务官
Collector of Revenues for York.
这是您的礼物之一吗?
Is it in your gift?
这可是个有效的礼物
Effectively.
我要为您做什么?
What must I do for it?
我知道有个男人需要换一个妻子
I know a man who wants to change his woman.
通常这并不是个重要的事情 但是这个
Normally a matter of small importance, but in this case…
这是我们的国王 亨利八世
…it’s our liege, Lord Henry, the eighth of that name.
说得直一点 如果他想换王后 他会去换
Which is a quaint way of saying that if he wants to change his woman, he will.
我们的任务 作为执行者
And our job as administrators…
就是尽量减少这将造成的影响
…is to minimise the inconvenience which this is going to cause.
这就是我们唯一的任务 里奇 让不便最小化
That’s our only job, Rich, to minimise the inconvenience of things.
这个任务不会危害到别人 对吗?
A harmless occupation you would say, but no.
但是我们这些执行者不受欢迎 里奇
We administrators are not liked, Rich.
别人不会喜欢我们
We are not popular.
我说“我们” 也就是你已经同意接受 我给你的职位了 对吧?
I say “we” on the assumption you’ll accept
the post at York I’ve offered you.

Yes.
当人们接受财富的时候却闷闷不乐 这可不是一个好兆头
It’s a bad sign when people are depressed by their own good fortune.
我没有不快活 你看上去闷闷不乐
I’m not depressed.
You look depressed.
我只是在为我失去了我的清白而悲哀
I was lamenting I’ve lost my innocence.
你已经失去它好久了 你才注意到吗?
Some time ago.Have you only just noticed?
你的朋友 我们现在的大♥法♥官 他是个清白的人物
Your friend, our present Lord Chancellor, now there’s an innocent man.
奇怪的是 确实是的
The odd thing is, he is.
对 他确实是 不幸的是
Yes, I say he isUnhappily…
他的清白现在让他卷入了这不合时宜的事件
…his innocence is tangled up in this problem…
这个不通过离婚就不能改变妻子的事件
…that you can’t change your woman without a divorce…
而且是不通过教皇就不能离婚
…and you can’t get a divorce unless the Pope says so.
从这种无意义的两难境地 我遇见到了某种
And from this meaningless circumstance, I foresee a certain measure of…
不方便? 对
Inconvenience? Just so.
他给你的那个高脚杯 那个值多少钱?
This goblet he gave you, how much was it worth?
他给了你一个银的高脚杯 你从那里得到了多少钱?
Come along, he gave you a silver gobletHow much did you get for it?
五十先令
Fifty shillings.
那是个礼物不是吗 来自一个当事人 一个女人?
It was a gift, wasn’t it, from a litigant, a woman?
对 哪个法♥院♥?最高法♥院♥吗?
Yes. Which court? Chancery?
不要喝醉了
Don’t get drunk!
那个当事人的案子是在哪个法♥院♥的?
Which court was the litigant’s case?
上诉法庭
Court of Requests.
这就对了 这没有让你感到太痛苦 对吧?
ThereThat wasn’t too painful, was it?
没有 不
No. No.
下次会轻松一些
And you’ll find it easier, next time.
尊敬的大主教 大人们
My Lord Archbishop, my lords…
教会尊敬的博士们
…Reverend Doctors of the Church.
我们的国王 亨利大人的回答是
The answer of our liege, Lord Henry…
经过他所信任的
…to his trusty wellBeloved subjects…
坎特伯雷主教会议的商议
…pontiffs in the Canterbury Convocation.
国王认为
“His Majesty…
您在诸多问题上犯了错误
“…acknowledges your humble admission of many grievous errors…
他十分愿意忽略这些错误的影响
“…for which he accepts…
除非您付出十万镑的代价
“…the manumission of $100,000 in token.
这是为了王国的利益着想 也是为了他的臣民的和平着想
“Mindful for the wellbeing of the realm and the quietness of his subjects…
国王也需要和您直接宣布
“…His Majesty requires that you do now straightly renounce your pretended…
解除与神圣罗马帝国的虚假同盟
“…allegiance to the See of Rome.
国王通过国会发出的法案
“And admit the statute passed through parliament
需要您承认他的头衔为:
“…acknowledging the King’s good title…
英格兰教会大主教