Good morning, Mr. Kirby.
柯比先生 早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning, A. P. Good morning.
早上好 早上好
Good morning.
早上好
No pictures. New York Times, Mr. Kirby.
不准拍照 柯比先生 我是纽♥约♥时♥报♥的
We’d like a statement on the business outlook.
想替你做专题
The newspapers should know that
你该知道
Mr. Kirby never issues any statements.
柯比先生从不公开的
Come on, come on. Let’s go up.
快点上去
I got your telegram, Mr. Kirby.
我收到电报了
They’re all waiting in your office.
大家都在等着
Good.

Hello, A. P. You’re looking well. What can I say?
柯比先生 你看起来很不错 我能说什么?
How was the trip? Good morning.
旅行怎么样? 早上好
Hi, Dad. I’m glad to get home. Hello, Tony.
嗨 爸爸 我很高兴又回家了 托尼
How are you? Good.
你还好吗? 还不错
How’s your mother? She’s fine.
你妈妈呢? 也很好
That’s good, I nearly sent for you.
太好了 我差点儿给你送去
I thought you might like the White House.
我以为你会喜欢白宫呢
I’m sorry you didn’t.
多亏你没送
How do you like being a vice president?
喜不喜欢副总裁的职位
Painless so far.
目前为止 还没有问题
He still talks as if he were having a tooth yanked.
他还是这种蛮不在乎的口气
What happened in Washington?
华盛顿发生了什么?
Yes, what did you find out?
是啊 你有什么发现么?
A. P. , how do we stand?
情况进行得如何?
Get me some bicarbonate of soda. Yes, sir.
给我拿些小苏打 好的 先生
How do we stand, A. P. ?
事情进行得如何?
Well, gentlemen, there’ll be no interference from the powers that be.
各位先生 不会再有任何障碍了
There won’t? That’s marvelous. Are you sure?
不会吗?太棒了 你确定吗?
What about the senator with the anti-trust complex?
那个投反信任票的参议员呢
I said there’d be no interference.
我说过 不会有障碍了
We’re going ahead exactly as we planned.
我们一切照原计划进行
It’ll be the largest individual monopoly in the world, gentlemen,
这将是历史上最大规模的寡头垄断
if we’re smart.
只要我们够谨慎的话
Particularly now that Ramsey is lined up.
尤其现在 拉姆齐公♥司♥也打算合作
Ramsey, too? That’s impossible.
拉姆齐吗? 不可能
No, the administration would never stand for that.
你们的管理层一向不赞成
Why, we’d control every type of war material.
而且他们拥有全部的土地
That’s exactly it, gentlemen.
问题就在这里
With the world going crazy, the next big move is munitions.
下一步 我们会让众人跌破眼镜
And Kirby and Company are going to cash in on it.
这正是我们的大好机会
It’s unbelievable.
真是难以置信
Why, a war wouldn’t be possible anywhere without us.
为什么他们少不了我们
A. P. , jf I know Ramsey, he’ll never let himself be absorbed by anybody.
我相信拉姆齐绝不会和别人合作
He won’t? No.
他不会? 没错
Well, we’ll see if he will when I hand him a little surprise.
我将会给他们一个惊喜
I own every inch of the 12 blocks
我拥有拉姆齐工厂周围
that completely surround the Ramsey factories.
十二条街的每一寸土地
No! News to us!
不! 真是大新闻
Well, we certainly didn’t know anything about that.
怎么我们一点都不知道
So, how is he going to fulfill his contracts without us?
没有我们 他们就无法覆行合约
Now, you’d better get busy.
你们快去
Complete all your negotiations with the others.
努力进行协调
I’ll handle Ramsey myself.
我亲自应付拉姆齐公♥司♥
We’ll hop right to it. Right on.
我们马上就去 好
I have a meeting with my nitrate group this afternoon.
我今天下午要和化肥集团开会
Good.

Ten thousand a year for doctors and I’m still taking this stuff.
天天看医生 还要吃胃药
Well, son, what do you think about it? Don’t ask me.
儿子 你有何意见? 别问我
You know my cockeyed sense of values.
我一点概念都没有
Get me that sour-faced real estate agent on the phone.
替我接那个不动产经纪人
What’s his name?
他叫什么来着
Blakely. Yeah, yeah. Private line.
布莱克利 对 接我的专线
Dad, how do you feel?
你哪里不舒服?
Rotten. It’s my stomach.
溃疡 我的胃不好
Yeah, I thought so.
是的 我认为
These trips to Washington are getting me jittery.
这些生意害我情绪紧张
But it’s the last one. From now on, they come to me.
现在大家再来求我
Say, Tony, do you realize
托尼 你明白吗
there won’t be a bullet, gun or cannon
这国家若没有我们
made in this country without us?
将没有一颗子弹枪炮
Dad, now don’t tell me you’ve forgotten the slingshot market.
我想运弹弓都是你的功劳
Mr. Blakely on the phone.
布莱克利接通了
Hello, Blakely. This is A. P. How’s it going?
布莱克利 我是柯比 事情进行得怎样?
You what? What trouble?
什么有麻烦?
Now, wait a minute. Don’t bite my head off.
等一下 你先别发火
I’ve got all 12 blocks, everything,
十二条街我都弄到了
with the exception of one little lot I can’t get the man to sell.
其中一个家伙死也不肯卖♥♥
Those 12 blocks are absolutely useless to me,
十二条街少一户都不行
unless I get every inch of them.
每一寸都要得到
But I’m up against some kind of an old crank.
那家伙是个老顽固
His house isn’t worth over $25,000.
他的屋子价钱不超过两万五
I’ve already offered him $50,000, but he’s standing pat.
我已经开价五万 但他不要
If you can’t get it with money
他不要钱
there’s certainly other ways of getting it.
就用别的方法
Now, that’s up to you. Now, remember this, Blakely,
你自己看着办 你要记住 布莱克利
unless you buy up the whole 12 blocks,
除非你将十二条街全部买♥♥下
you won’t get a penny commission.
否则你的佣金一毛都拿不到
That man has got ice water in his veins.
这家伙真是冷血动物
Well, the description fits only one man.
这种形容当之无愧
I’ve simply got to get a hold of that property, Bill.
我就快要弄到手了
You can’t force a man to sell his home, John.
你不能强迫别人卖♥♥♥房♥♥子
I’ve got to.
一定要
I’ll make him sell if I have to drive him out with stink bombs.
我可以叫他搬家
Listen, a fortune has been invested in those 12 blocks.
他已经投资买♥♥下这十二条街
And behind it is one of the most powerful men in the country,
他是全国最有势力的人之一
and a silly old man,
结果这个死老头
with that silly little house is holding up the whole business.
守着他的屋子 挡了许多人的财路
Now, how do you like that?
你觉得如何
Excuse me, John, but I think it’s great.
抱歉 我认为好极了
What did he say when you offered him $50,000 for his place?
你觉得我给他五万元怎样?
Well, I’m not sure, but I think someone began singing.
我不确定 大概有些人会唱歌♥
Someone else danced
另外有人跳舞
and Grandpa Vanderhof sat down and played a mouth organ.
老爷子会继续吹他的口琴
Played a mouth organ?
吹口琴?
What are they, a bunch of nuts? Fascinating ones.
他们是一群疯子吗? 难以置信
It’s the old army game.
他们会接受的
I doubt it. He’s not interested in money.
不见得他没把金钱看在眼里
Mr. Vanderhof is here.
范德先生来了
Have him come in right away.
我马上就过去
How did you get him to come here?
你怎么把他请来的?
Not interested in money?
没把钱看眼里?
Miss Jones, just a minute. Don’t send him in yet.
琼斯小姐 请稍等 别让他进来
Have him wait a while. Let him cool his heels.
让他在外面等一下
Yes, sir.
好的 先生
He’ll just be a minute, Mr. Vanderhof. Thank you.
请等一下 范德先生 谢谢
You imagine that guy wanting me to split commission three ways.
你以为佣金这么好赚
What are you doing? What?
你在干嘛? 什么?
My goodness. I made a mistake.
我大概哪里算错了
First time in 20 years.
二十年来第一次
That calls for the building to collapse, I suppose?
这也不会让天塌下来
Have some. No, thank you. It’ll spoil my appetite.
来一点 不用 我没胃口
What are you doing that for?
你到底在忙什么?
I have to add up these figures to see if they’re right.
我要把这些数目加起来
Why?
为什么?
Why? Because they have to check against these figures.
为什么?因为他们要来检查这些数目
Do you like this? Like it?
你喜欢这样吗? 喜欢?
This work you’re doing. No, my goodness, no.
我是指你现在的工作 当然不喜欢
Land’s sakes, what am I saying?
不行 没时间了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!