乡村音乐散播的是对这个国家的热爱
Country music radiates a love of this nation.
是很爱国的
Patriotism.
所以乡村音乐可以集结人们
Country music therefore has those combinations,
在美国如此缺乏自身特质的时候
which are so essential to America’s character
显得尤其重要
at a time that America needs character.
当时水门事件刚刚发生
At the time the whole water Watergate thing was happening
他又特别讨厌尼克松 于是加入了政♥治♥视角
and he hated Nixon, so he added a political angle.
11月的第一个星期二
On the first Tuesday of November
我们必须对我们的管理方式做出决议
we have to make some vital decisions about our management.
(《纳什维尔》1975)
我们开门见山吧
Let me go directly to the point.
我是来做出替换的
I’m for doing some replacement.
这首歌♥献给父母们
For mom and daddy.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
快起来…
Come on get up off your…
市长 等等 注意你的头
Wait a minute Mayor, watch your head.
你们都放轻松
Ya’ll take it easy now.
这里不是达拉斯 是纳什维尔
This isn’t Dallas it’s Nashville.
这里是纳什维尔
This is Nashville.
给他们瞧瞧我们的本事
You show them what we’re made of.
在纳什维尔 他们可不能这样
They can’t do this to us here in Nashville.
快 谁来唱歌♥啊
Somebody sing, sing.

Sing.
快过来 我觉得你可能受伤了
Come on, I think you’ve been hurt.

Oh, oh.
来 慢点
Come on, easy, easy.
天哪 血止不住
Oh man, I can’t stop that blood, man.
大家一起唱啊
Come on everybody sing.
我不担心
♪ It don’t worry me ♪
我不担心
♪ It don’t worry me ♪
你或许会说 我不自♥由♥ 但我并不担心
♪ You may say I ain’t free, you don’t worry me ♪

♪Oh ♪
我不担心
♪ Don’t worry me ♪
我不担心
♪ It don’t worry me ♪
你或许会说 我也同意 但我并不担心
♪ You may say, I agree, it don’t worry me ♪
似乎你的很多电影
It seems like so many of your films
都在试图戳穿美式的神话
have a tendency to explode American myths and genres
我想问的是 你对美国社会的看法是怎样的
and I just wondered, what’s your perception of American society?
(密歇根大学 安阿伯市)
她说她觉得我在戳穿美式神话
She thinks, she says am I exploding the myths
朝美国和我们的文化开炮
and are taking shots at America and our culture.
如果这就是最终的结果
Uh, I, if that’s the result of it that’s what I,
那它就是结果了
that’s the result of it.
但我做的只是反映自己看到的和感受到的
But what I’m doing is simply reflecting what I see and feel.
我生于美国 长于美国 我爱这个国家
I live here, I was born here, I love this country,
这是我所知道的一切 是我的文化
I love, uh, this is all I
know, it’s my culture.
我只是在展示自己所看到的
And, uh, I just try to show what I see.
如果它是丑陋的 那我看到的就是如此
If it’s ugly, that’s what I see.
“像奥特曼一样的”是什么意思?
Altmanesque what does it mean?
莉莉·汤姆林
组建一个家庭
Creating a family.
洛杉矶 韦斯特伍德
70年代中期 鲍勃的事业顺风顺水
By the mid 70’s Bob was riding his own wave.
他集结了许多有才华的人
He had gathered so many talented people
成立了狮门公♥司♥
that he set up Lion’s Gate,
制♥作♥独♥立♥电影
a studio that would produce independent films
让他喜欢的人们
to keep the people he cared about working
在自己的电影中工作
in between his own movies.
(《西塞英雄谱》 1976)
第一个与他合作的导演是阿兰·鲁道夫
The first director he worked with was Alan Rudolph.
阿兰和鲍勃第一次合作是在《漫长的告别》中
Alan started with Bob back as the second AD
担任第二助理导演
on “The Long Goodbye”.
他俩一起写了《西塞英雄谱》 成为了密友
He co-wrote Buffalo Bill and became a close friend.
狮门帮他制♥作♥了处♥女♥作《欢迎来到洛杉矶》
And Lions Gate produced his first film “Welcome to L.A.”.
鲍勃对阿兰唯一的指导就是
Bob’s only instructions to Alan were
保持低成本 别拍成追车片
keep the budget low and don’t make a chase movie.
(《三女性》1977)
鲍勃拍电影 一直讲求共同创作
The way Bob did it, making films was always collaborative.
他的方法是 把朋友们召集到一起
His process was to bring his friends together
然后让电影自然发生
and let the film evolve.
他鼓励每个人都贡献想法
He encouraged everyone to contribute,
但对他来说 最重要的还是演员
but for him the most important thing was the actors.
我认为演员是所有电影中最主要的
I think the actors are the main artistic element
艺术环节
in any film.
他们比剧本更重要
They’re more important than the script.
比摄影更重要
They’re more important than the photography.
比导演更重要
They’re more important than the director
因为表演的是他们自己
because they’re the ones that do it.
所以 尽可能地让他们成为共同创作者
So the more you can make them your collaborator
就是最好的
then you’re getting the best of all worlds.
《婚礼》选角合影 1978
我鼓励演员们要自我感觉舒适
I encourage actors to feel comfortable
并认识到自己可以更进一步
and to know they can go further.
他们可以越过边界 我会保证他们的安全
They can step over the edge and I’ve got a safety net.
我不会让他们难堪的
I won’t let them make a fool of themselves.
(《婚礼》片场花絮)
我花了很大力气努力组建一个家庭
I spent a lot of effort in trying to make a family
所以演员们就成为了家庭的一部分
so that the actors become a part of it.
大家都会来看每日的素材 没人会做笔记
Everybody comes to the dailies, nobody’s taking notes
大家喝着酒
and there’s booze
你会发现这些演员开始互相维护彼此
and you find these actors start rooting for each other.
好 开始
Okay, let’s go.
你美丽的妻子安托内特
Your beautiful wife Antoinette
告诉我你是艺术品收藏家
tells me that you are an art collector.
你看上去的确不像收藏艺术品的
You certainly don’t look like an art collector.
如果你在街上走
You know if you’re walking down the street
别人让我猜你是做什么的
and somebody pointed you out and asked me what I thought you did
并且我不认识你的话
and I didn’t know you
我绝对不会猜是艺术品收藏家
I would never in a million years guess art collector.
你可以去参加“猜猜我是做什么的”节目 并难倒所有人
You could go on what’s my line and stump the panel.
家庭录影带 加州马里布 1978
(解说:史蒂芬·奥特曼)
我记得我们会有盛大的感恩节晚餐
I remembered we’d have these big thanksgiving dinners
爸爸让所有人都感到很开心
and dad made it a lot of fun for all of us.
但只有那时和圣诞节
But that and Christmas
他才能全心陪着家人
were the only times we’d be alone with him as a family.
凯瑟琳总会在我们身边
Kathryn was always there for us,
但爸爸一直在工作
but dad was always working.
大多数时候 我们不是他最重要的
For the most part, we were not his priority.
他的电影才是
His movies were his priority.
他很爱我们 但当时的确很难
He loved us, but it was hard.
二十世纪福斯片厂 加州世纪城 1979
我在福斯拍了5部电影
I did five films at Fox.
它们几乎都以独♥立♥片模式拍摄完成
They were done almost like independent films.
当时制片厂的老总是阿兰·拉德 他一直很支持
Alan Ladd was running the studio then and he was very supportive.
他为我挺身而出 我真的欠他很多
He really stood up for me and I owe him a lot.
(摩纳哥王妃格蕾丝)
格蕾斯·凯莉当时在制片厂有职位
Grace Kelly was involved in the studio.
他们召开了董事会
And they had a board meeting
她说 你怎么允许这个叫奥特曼的
and she said how could you let this Altman person
(《五重奏》 1979)把我的朋友保罗·纽曼放在这样一部无聊的电影里
put my friend, Paul Newman, in such a dreadful film.
拉德就说 快闭嘴吧 我辞职了
And Ladd-y just said oh shut up, I quit.
然后他站起来走了出去
And he got up and walked out
他和福斯就是这样结束的
and that was the end of him over there.
《五重奏》上映后 影评人很讨厌它
“Quintet” came out, which the critics hated.
一周之后《天生一对》也上映了
And a week later “A Perfect Couple” was released,
(《天生一对》1979)
结果这部影评人更加讨厌
which the critics hated even more.
他当时在票房♥方面一塌糊涂
So he was having a pretty bad run at the box office
然后下一部是《选举风波》
and then came “health”.
佛罗里达 圣彼得堡
我从来没下去过这种地方
I never stepped into one of these things;
(《选举风波》未发行宣传片)
希望能见到底啊
I hope there’s a bottom.
奥特曼先生 关于这部电影的拍摄
Mr. Altman, I thought I’d ask you a couple things
我有两个问题
about the making of this film.
影片的标题叫《选举风波》…
Uh the title is health…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!