但恐怕我完全失败了
But I’m afraid I’m a complete failure.
失败?哦,巴克尔夫人,真的,我…
Failure? Lady Barker, really, I…
我另外有一个约会,可是…
I had another engagement but
现在我必须留下,至少留到你反败为胜
…now I must stay, at least long enough to turn your failure into success.
好啊
Good.
我也想来一杯
I would like to have a drink, too.
你?
You?
你要喝威士忌吗,亲爱的?
You want whisky, darling?
就一点点
Just a little.
只要够敬我们的朋友,霍尔顿先生
Just enough to drink to our friend, Mr. Halton.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, dear.
(错了吧,这杯酒也太多了,不像威士忌,杯子也不对)
这杯敬你,霍尔顿先生
Here’s to you, Mr. Halton.
也敬天使
And to Angel.
你离开以后,霍尔顿先生告诉我…
After you left, Mr. Halton told me…
…他在巴黎发生的最离奇的故事
…the most amazing thing that happened to him in Paris.
我昨晚告诉过你的一切,你不介意吧?
Everything I told you last night. Do you mind?
一点也不
Not at all.
听听女人的观点总是不会错的
Always good to get a woman’s point of view.
是个让人激动的故事,我满腹悬疑地听着每一个字
It’s a thrilling story and I listened to every word with great suspense.
霍尔顿先生
Mr. Halton
你怀着满腔的爱和关心 描述了每一个细节
you described every detail with such love and care.
然而你却忽略了故事里最重要的部分
Yet you omitted the most important part of the story.
你没有描述这个女子
You failed to describe the woman.
是啊,她长什么样子?
Yes, what does she look like?
很难找到确切的词语去形容她
It’s rather difficult to find the exact words to…
哦,我认为你这样不公平
Now, I think you are being unfair.
毕竟,你不能像报纸上的系列连载那样对待我们
After all, you can’t leave us like the daily instalment of a newspaper serial.
未完 下次待续
To be continued in our next.
你已经唤起我们的兴趣 到了这样的程度…
You have aroused our interest to such a degree
弗雷德里克和我 都有资格了解更多关于这位女士
that Frederick and I are entitled to know a lot more about the lady.
现在,我坚持,霍尔顿先生
Now, I insist, Mr. Halton.
她的相貌如何?
What did she look like?
她容光焕发
She was radiant…
令人激动
Exciting.
这是泛泛而言,霍尔顿先生
These are generalities, Mr. Halton.
你说话就像一个诗人
You’re talking like a poet.
我明白了,你们想要实际的描述,就像…
I see. You want the matter-of-fact description of…
…侦探那样,可以这么说吧?
shall we say, a detective?
那就是我们想要的
That’s exactly what we want.
那好吧
Well, then…
她的双眼是棕色的
Her eyes were brown.
她的头发乌黑
And her hair was dark.
请允许我更正你的祝酒词吗?
May I be permitted to change your toast?
敬最迷人的女主人
To the most charming hostess.
你本人 巴克尔太太
Yourself, Lady Barker.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了,我必须走了
Well, I must be going.
谢谢你这个美妙的下午
Thank you for a lovely afternoon.
再见,巴克尔夫人
Goodbye, Lady Barker.
霍尔顿先生,既然我有欣赏你自信的特权
Mr. Halton, since I’ve had the privilege of enjoying your confidence,
我能否提一个小建议呢?
may I indulge in a little advice?

Do.
– 汉密尔顿先生打电♥话♥来了? – 是的 先生
– Mr. Hamilton on the telephone? – Yes, sir.
喂,汉密尔顿?
Yes, Hamilton?
好,你读给我听好吗?
Yes, will you read it to me.
你想要给我一些建议,巴克尔太太?
You wanted to give me some advice, Lady Barker.
我恐怕天使远远不是清白无辜的
I’m afraid Angel is far from blameless.
但是我认为你应该忘记她
But I think you should forget her,
甚或至于原谅她
and perhaps even forgive her.
我已经原谅她了,不过…
I’ve already forgiven her, but…
不过什么?
But what?
我要去巴黎
I’m going to Paris.
– 下星期三我会在巴黎 – 这没有用的
– I’ll be in Paris next Wednesday. – It’ll be useless.
如果有机会,百万分之一的机会
If there’s a chance, one chance in a million…
我肯定没有
I’m sure there’s not.
– 我会在女大公那里等候 – 你只会折磨你自己
– I’ll be waiting for her at the Grand Duchess’s. – You’ll only be torturing yourself.
星期三五点钟我会在那里
I’ll be there Wednesday at five o’clock.
五点前几个小时我就会在
I’ll be there hours before five.
好的,汉密尔顿,再见
All right, Hamilton. Goodbye.
– 好了,再见 – 我送你出去
– Well, goodbye. – I’ll see you out.
再见 托尼
Goodbye, Tony.
– 这些文件刚从汉密尔顿先生那里送来 – 很好
– These papers just came from Mr. Hamilton. – Oh, good.
对了,格林伍德,我要去日内瓦
By the way, Greenwood, I’m going to Geneva.
哦,你不是告诉我说汉密尔顿先生要去吗?
Oh, didn’t you tell me Mr. Hamilton is going to?
我改变主意了
I’ve changed my mind.
哦,我以为这只是一个分属委员会的会议
Oh, I thought it was only a sub-committee meeting.
是的,而且我确信汉密尔顿先生会处理得很好,但是…
It is, and I’m quite sure Mr. Hamilton would handle it very ably, but…
你了解我,格林伍德
you know me, Greenwood.
如果不亲自去,我会非常不舒服
I’d be uncomfortable if I don’t go myself.
我明白,先生
I see, sir.
那样的话,你就不需要预定别的事项了
In that case, you won’t require the other reservations.
– 预订什么别的事宜? – 你和巴克尔夫人的旅行
– Which other reservations? – For your trip with Lady Barker.
噢,天哪,我全忘了
Oh, dear, I’d forgotten all about it.
弗雷德里克, 你没在工作吧,是不是?
Frederick, you’re not working, are you?
没有,我非常抱歉,一件意想不到的事情…
No, I’m awfully sorry, but something unexpected…
(维也纳 哈布斯堡酒店)
弗雷德里克
Frederick!
这就是我们要去的地方吗?
Is this where we are going?
哇,太美了
Why, that’s wonderful!
哦亲爱的,我简直等不及了
Oh, darling, I can hardly wait.
让我们潇洒一次
Let’s have a glorious time.
让我们…让我们再傻一回吧
Let’s be foolish again.
哦,我没法告诉你我有多么的…
Oh, I can’t tell you how much…
怎么了,怎么回事?
Why, what’s the matter?
呃,亲爱的
Well, dear…
别告诉我 别告诉我们不去了
Don’t tell me. Don’t tell me we are not going.
别现在告诉我
Don’t tell me now.
你看,我不知道…,你看
You see… I don’t know… You see…
– 完全没关系 – 亲,你一定要理解…
– It’s perfectly all right. – Dear, you must understand…
不要解释
Don’t explain.
很清楚,你得履行你的职责
It’s very clear. You have to do your duty.
– 你了解的… – 我了解
– You know… – I know.
我很了解,太了解了
I know very well. Too well.
我可以背诵所有的理由
I can recite all the reasons.
我从心里了解
I know them by heart.
哦,请原谅
Oh, I beg your pardon.
完全没关系,格林伍德先生,进来
It’s perfectly all right, Mr. Greenwood. Come in.
现在你回去工作吧,亲爱的,别让我打扰你们
Now, you go back to your work, dear. Don’t let me disturb you.
谢谢你,亲爱的
Thank you, darling.
– 是关于预订的事情,先生 – 哦 怎么了?
– About the reservations, sir. – Oh, yes?
日内瓦的飞机在巴黎只停留20分钟
The Geneva plane stops in Paris only 20 minutes.
我相信你至少需要4个小时在巴黎
Now, I believe you’ll require at least four hours in Paris.
噢,也许要更多
Oh, perhaps even more.
我有好多事情要和大使♥馆♥商量
I’ve a good many things to discuss at the embassy.
我也这么想,先生
I thought so, sir. And in that case
这样的话,航♥空♥公♥司♥的人建议用私人飞机
And in that case, the airways people suggest a private plane.
他们说可以提供他们最新的飞机供您自♥由♥使用
They say they can put one of their newest machines at your disposal
实际上,就是巴克尔夫人上周包的同一架飞机
in fact…the same plane that Lady Barker chartered last week.
巴克尔夫人包过一架飞机?
Lady Barker chartered a plane?
他们是这样说的,先生
That’s what they said, sir.
那是…那一定是星期三
It, er… It must have been Wednesday.
你当时在日内瓦
You were in Geneva.
哦对,我当然记得了
Yes, of course, I remember.
好了,谢谢你,格林伍德,回头我再找你
That’s all right, thank you, Greenwood, I’ll let you know later.
好的 先生
Very good, sir.
给我接克里登2046
Give me Croydon 2046.
帝国航♥空♥公♥司♥吗?
Is that Imperial Airways?
我要跟你们经理说话
I want to speak to the manager.
弗雷德里克·巴克尔爵士
Sir Frederick Barker.
哦 晚上好
Oh, good evening.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!