我荣幸并高兴地宣布你们从今以后
It is my honour and delight to declare you henceforth
就是夫妻了 你现在能亲吻你的新娘了
To be husband and wife. and you may kiss your bride.
看到了吗 这是吉他琴弦
See, guitar picks.
-是啊 -很精致
– Yeah. – Very neat.
好了 摇滚起来
All right, rock ‘n’ roll, baby.
婚礼接待处
麦凯乐社区中心
他放弃了什么才能做他想做的
So what’s he given up over the years in order to do what he wants to do?
他放弃了赚钱
Well, making money. he gave that up.
(托比·库德洛 利普斯的母亲)
其实那对我来说很难接受
And that was a little difficult for me to accept
我希望我孩子去读书
Because I’d like my children to go to school
然后经营自己的生意
And make something of themselves.
(贾瑞·库德洛 会计 利普斯的弟弟)
典型的犹太移♥民♥家长
Typical jewish immigrant parents.
所有进入艺术领域的人一般都很难有成就
Anyone that goes into the arts generally does not succeed.
生活会很艰辛 所以他们不想他这样
It’s a tough life and they didn’t really want that for him.
(朗达·吉布森 商人 利普斯的姐姐)
但你也不能理解他的选择 你也不能
But you also couldn’t understand his choice. you also were not…
我怎么 我意思是这艰辛生活是他自己选的
How could i… I mean, it was a tough life that he chose for himself.
他不当裁缝
He wasn’t going to be a tailor.
(杰弗里·库德洛博士 内分泌学家 利普斯的哥哥)
他也不去从事男装生意
He wasn’t going to go into the menswear business.
史蒂芬不是商人 他是个艺术家
Steven is not a businessman. he’s an artist.
那才是他 他不甘平庸
That’s who he is. he didn’t want to live in mediocrity.
他宁愿生活穷困潦倒什么都没有
He’d rather live in poverty and have nothing.
我觉得他想证明我父亲错了
He wanted to prove my father wrong, I think,
他十岁的时候就开始找方法来证明了
And he’s been searching for that validation since he’s 10 years old.
(1969年 利普斯受戒仪式)
这样他不顾一切要去当音乐家
That this effort that he’s put forth to become a great musician
才有所值
Would become worth it.
他们只是不理解 他应得和我一样的支持
They just didn’t understand. He deserved the same support that I got.
我父母很棒 我父母很高兴
My parents were amazing. my father and mother loved the fact
我对某件事有兴趣并且能做好它
That I got interested in something and I excelled at it very, very well.
他们看见了进步 所以他们很支持
They saw the progress, so they were just very supportive.
(迪奥德 罗布的姐姐)
他一直和我爸说
He kept saying to my dad, I believe,
我真的很想打鼓 我真的很爱打鼓
“i really want to play the drums. I really love the drums, dah, dah, dah.”
应该就在圣诞节前不久 我记得
And it was shortly before christmas, I believe, and there it was.
就是圣诞节他得到了第一架鼓 从那时开始
Christmas, his first set of drums. that’s all it’s been since.
看到那棍的糊边了没 我烧的
Look at the blur of that stick, man. I’m burning.
我笑着 我通常不笑的 我那时很开心
I’m smiling here, and I usually don’t smile. I was happy, man.
就像找到了真正喜欢的东西
It was like I found something that was going to work.
(艾妮可·赖纳 罗布的母亲)
罗布的父亲在奥斯比次
Robb’s father was in auschwitz.
他很年轻 那时才十五岁
He was young. he was 15 years old at that time.
在军营时他不顾一切去
He did anything and everything in the camp
抢一块面包什么的 他是个战士
To get that piece of bread or… he was a fighter.
他像是说 我要去死了
He was, you know, virtually, “i’m going to die.”
其实当他被释放的时候
In fact, when they liberated him, he was…
他说他病了
He said he was getting sick, right.
不过他就是这样的人 他从
But that’s the kind of guy he was. he came from…
他是匈牙利犹太人
He was a fucking hungarian jew, man.
我本性就是从他身上来的
That’s where my roots come from.
他完全支持我 他的一生糟透了
He was totally supportive, man. His trip was just fucking,
你开心就好 去做就行 我支持你
“you’re happy, man, you’re doing it, I’m with you.”
罗布·赖纳父子
我父亲是个珠宝商
My father was a jeweler,
我十三岁的时候他把这作为礼物送给我
And he gave these to me when I was 13 years old as a gift.
给我之后我从来没有把它拿下来过
I’ve never had them off my neck since they were given to me.
除非很偶尔和利普斯打架
Except the odd time I’ve had a few scraps with lips
他把它从脖子上扯下来
And he’s ripped them off my neck and stuff.
我都把它给修好了
But I’ve always repaired it, you know.
事实上我们不再年轻了
The reality is that we’re not getting any younger.
时间不会倒♥退♥ 它只会向前
Time doesn’t move backwards, it moves forwards.
你啤酒肚越来越大 脸开始松垮
Your belly gets bigger, your face starts to sag,
头发也掉了 你没时间了 只有现在了
Your hair falls out, you run out of time. you’ve got to do it now.
二十岁三十岁四十岁 然后你就该挂了
You know, 20 years, 30 years, 40 years, you’re done.
知道吗
You know?
我们要去完成它 我要看到
We just got to get it done. I need to see…
我说的我都是指我们
Personally, I always say “i”, but for all of us,
趁我还能做 我要实现梦想
I need to realise this while I can.
-就是这样 -就是这样 趁我还能做
– That’s it. – That’s it. Just while I can.
我觉得铁砧乐队一直没什么起色
You know, one of the main reasons that I think that
的主要原因就是我们的唱片烂透了
Anvil has never really gone anywhere is our albums have sounded like crap.
八十年代初克里斯·桑格瑞迪
And we haven’t sounded good
给我们录了一张不错的专辑以后
since chris tsangarides
我们就再没什么好唱片了
Recorded us back in the early ’80s.
能让人致死都崇拜的多伦多乐队
One toronto band who lives and dies for their heroes
除了犹大圣徒 机械头 铁娘子 就是铁砧了
Of judas priest, motorhead, iron maiden and others, is anvil,
虽然不是镇上最华丽的
Who may not be the prettiest band in town, but, then again,
但他们本身就不是以此为专的
Never professed to be.
重中之重 就是我渴望
# metal on metal it’s what I crave
越响越好 我要带进坟墓
# the louder the better I’ll turn in my grave#
一件铁砧乐队正在做
One of the things anvil has going for them
并且可以帮助他们抢占市场的事
That should help them gain respect in the marketplace
就是让克里斯·桑格瑞迪为他们做专辑
Is that production of the new album was handled by chris tsangarides.
克里斯
Chris,
我知道你为很多重金属乐队做过专辑
you’ve got quite a history of doing heavy rock bands, I understand.
你还为谁做过专辑
Who are some of the other people that you’ve been producing?
刚做的一张就是李琦的新专辑《叛徒》
The last thing I did was thin lizzie’s new album, renegade.
以前从没有和加拿大乐队合作过
Never having worked with a canadian band before,
-你觉得他们怎么样 -很好 真的
– How do you find the guys? – Yeah, great. really.
相对于加拿大而言他们更有英伦风
I think they have a lot of english tendencies as opposed to canadian,
我是指音乐上好的方面
And I mean that in the nicest possible way, musically.
就在这时候 我寄给他一张样片
At this point, I’ll send him a demo tape
希望他能有兴趣
And hope to hell that he is interested enough
希望他记得我们能再帮我们做一次
And remembers us well enough to get involved again.
你是要流行乐还是
Do you use pop or…
-流行乐 -流行音乐吗
– Pop. – Pop?
是的
Yes.
这就是我平时来的地方
This is where I hang out sometimes, you know.
是我音乐工作室
It’s just the robbo studio music area.
这里不用和别人打交道
This is where I hide from everybody, you know.
没有人会打扰我 我喜欢来这里
Nobody bothers me down here. I hang out here.
这里有铁砧的母带 都在下面
There’s anvil master tapes here, but they’re buried in all this junk.
这里的画从来没有人看到过
These pictures here, nobody ever sees this stuff, you know.
我喜欢画画 我爱画画
I like painting. I love to paint.
这是东德 我忘记这镇的名字了
This is in east germany. I forget the name of the town.
画背后有名字 我把它画下来了
It’s on the back of the picture. so I made a painting of it.
我喜欢建筑
I like buildings.
有个叫爱德华·霍珀的人 我喜欢他的画风
There’s a guy called edward hopper, I love the guy’s art style.
我觉得当风景里面没有人的时候
I find it very appealing when
非常吸引人 我很喜欢
You see a scene, but there’s nobody in it. I like that.
这里很安静
It’s a very quiet place, you know.
就在那 那是公园里铁砧的纪念碑
That, right there, it’s just a monument of an anvil in a park.
看看那人的大小 我把那碑画得特别大
But look at the size of the people. see, I made the scale like it’s big.
就像埃及人崇拜神一样
Right? like the egyptians would have, like it’s like a god.
“上帝在此”
You know, “the god is there!”
反正 我就是这么想的
Anyways, that’s what I was thinking.
我把这幅画称作 留在身后
This picture is what I call left behind.
当我不在了以后 这将是我留下的
This is what’s left behind when I’m not around no more.
所以 我认为我就是通过它画了我自己
So, I kind of just thought I’d paint myself out of it.
这幅是我压轴的宝贝
Okay, now I will tell you about the grand finale here.
这张完全是来自欧洲 灵感来自德国
This baby comes from europe. the inspiration for this is totally german.
你摸摸它 感觉一下或者就看着它
If you touch or feel it or look at it
相当有质感
it actually has texture.
我觉得这是放置它的绝佳之地
I thought it would be the place to put it, obviously,
因为我老婆绝对不会同意把它放在客厅的
Because the wife definitely didn’t want it in the living room.
第一条信息
Message 1.
嘿 利普斯 我是CT
Hey, lips. hey! it’s ct here, man.
我拿到磁带了
I got the tape,
请给我回个话 打到我多弗尔的工作室
And I’d like you to give me a call. call me here at my studio in dover
我们到时候详谈 就这样
And we’ll talk further. all right, dude.
-CT -嘿 利普斯
– Ct! – Hey, lips!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!