“okay, these guys are in their 50s.”
然后他找到了另外一支乐队
And he’s got another band that,
“这些家伙20岁 不错”
“here, these guys are in their 20s. hmm.”
我想看他成功
I would like to see him make it.
(朗达 利普斯的姐姐)
我想看他能被认可 他的才华能被认可
I would like to see him recognized, his talent recognized by, you know…
我知道他的同伴对此都能认可
I know his peers do recognize it.
但我想看到他
but I would like to see him
能如他多年努力想要的那样出名
Become as famous as he’s been trying to become all these years.
(迪奥德 罗布的姐姐 珍 罗布的妻子)
都结束了 很久以前就结束了
It’s over. it’s been over for a long time.
但没人活在现实里 这太糟糕了
And it’s just too bad no one’s living in the real world.
当你在一个乐队待了30年 做了13张
When you’ve been in a band for 30 years and you have 13…
他们现在正在筹备第13张专辑 CD 什么都好
They’re working on their 13th album, CD, whatever,
而你每次都只能到100个人的酒吧去表演
And you can still only get 100 people into a bar at any one time,
这就是个笑话
It’s a joke.
-这就是个笑话 -我们拭目以待 我是说 我不…
– It’s a joke. – Well, we’ll see. I mean, I don’t…
就像你说的 总有一个大的假设
Like you said, it’s just always a big,
“如果这样呢 如果这样呢”
“what if? what if?”
对他们来说不幸的是 现实就是这样的
And, unfortunately for them, that’s what it’s been like.
他们真的一刻都没有停过
They’ve really never had a break.
可能回到80年代
Maybe back in the ’80s
他们和邦·乔维一起走红的日子
when they were on with Bon Jovi or whatever.
而我只是努力做一个
But I’ve just been trying to be that
支持摇滚明星老公的妻子 我觉得
supportive rock star wife, I guess,
也许我也一直想活在那个梦里
And I’ve maybe wanted to live that dream as well.
我喜欢舞台 我喜欢音乐
I like the scene, I like the music.
我喜欢乐队 一直很喜欢乐队和音乐
I like the bands, always liked the bands and the music.
我刚好掉进了那个80年代的场景里
I just fell into that ’80s scene and
我喜欢那个场景
I liked it.
我喜欢乐队风格的发型 我现在还是
I liked the hair, I still, the hair bands, it’s still me,
现在你还是 你还在做梦 但是
And nowadays you just… you keep dreaming that dream, but
我还在做梦 我想他们也差不多
I’m still dreaming, I guess, as much as what they are.
这张专辑很成功
The album is a success
不管它的销♥售♥量是10张还是一千万张
whether it sells 10 or 10 million,
在评定这是不是一张成功专辑的问题上
It will make no difference to me on the
这对我来说没有区别
Level of whether it was successful or not.
这张专辑很成功 因为 对我来说
It was successful because, to me,
这是我们听过最棒的专辑 所以就是个成功
It sounds the best we’ve ever sounded and that’s a success.
看啊 铁砧乐队的CD
Voila, anvil cds, man.
批量生产你所看到的这1000张CD
To mass-produce 1,000 CDs,
基本上一张CD的成本是1块到1块5毛钱
You’re looking at basically in around a buck, a buck and a half per cd.
都在这儿了 老兄
There it is, man.
噢 《13》
Wow. This is Thirteen.
人们想要这个
People want this.
我们收到电子邮件 人们沸腾了
We get e-mails and people freaking out,
“这专辑哪里有卖♥♥”
“where the fuck is this album?”
所以我们得发行它
So we got to get it out.
这是张很棒的专辑 我爱死它了
It’s an amazing album. I love it.
等着那些唱片公♥司♥的吝啬鬼没意义
There’s no sense waiting for some pitkins from a record company.
完全没意义
It’s pointless.
我们把专辑直销给歌♥迷
We’re selling it directly to our fans,
他们才是你做这张专辑的动力
Who are the people that you did it for to begin with,
现在你和歌♥迷之间没有别人的阻碍
And now there’s no one in between you and them.
我想这才是对的方式
I think it’s the way to go. I think it’s the way to go
乐队都应该走这条路
That’s going to be for all bands.
我是说不是因为说我们不出名
I mean, it’s not like we’re unknown.
我们这是开了一个好头
We’ve got a great head start
因为我们已经在乐坛打拼了很多年了
because we’ve been around for years,
我觉得 最起码我们会作对
So I think, at a very minimum, we’re going to do okay.
这个乐队真的 这不仅仅是他的事业
The band is really… it’s more than just his career,
到头来这也就是他的工作而已
But it still is, at the end of the day, his job.
代表一部分他自己
It defines a little bit of the person who he is,
但是他仍是他
But it’s still the person.
即使这个乐队走不下去了 或者不会再红了
And even if the band doesn’t go or become famous or whatever,
他还是他
He’s still the same person.
我爱的是他这个人 而不是这个乐队
And I’m in love with the person, I’m not in love with the band.
-滑板玩得怎样 -不错
– How was skateboarding? – Good.
好坏都无所谓
Good, bad, whatever. okay.
去把东西放下 我们点了批萨
Put your stuff down, we ordered pizza, okay?
他花了很多心思在家庭上
He’s very focused on family.
尽管我抱怨他这不好那不好 他真的很好
Whether I complain that he’s not or he’s not, he really is.
我想 可能
I think that’s one of, maybe,
一个最挑剔的指责就是
A greatest criticism and
他离开我可能是因为
maybe why he withdraws from me
当我指责他而且都和家事有关的时候
Is that when I criticize him, and it has to do with family,
他深深印藏自己的感受
He internalizes that way too much.
所以
And so that’s…
虽然这乐队就是他的梦想也是他的一部分
While the band is his dream and a bit of who he is,
我认为他也知道到头来
I think even he knows at the end of the day
家庭还是最重要的
That the family is what’s important.
看看你让我做了什么 你让我流泪
Look what you made me do. you made me cry.
卡在树上了
Got stuck in the tree.
-这球算分吗 -不算
– Does that count as a point? – No.
3比0
Oh, 3-0.
十分感谢 我会很快回电
Okay, thank you very much. I’ll speak to you soon.
我要打电♥话♥给罗布
I’ve got to call Robbo.
刚接到一个在日本的演出 我是认真的
We just got a gig in japan. I’m serious, man.
对 好 我再给你打电♥话♥ 拜
Fucking right. okay, I’ll speak to you after. right, bye.
下一个 好
Next, okay.
我们把这专辑寄到了世界各地
We’ve sent the album out all over the place
这个日本的承办人试听了后想请我们
And this japanese promoter heard it and he’s invited us to play
在东京的大型表演上演出
In this massive show in tokyo.
看 所有事情环环相扣
See, everything turns into something else.
你接了电♥话♥ 然后我们就突然忙起来了
You get on the phone, and then, all of a sudden, now we’re busy.
日本 东京
感觉就像有种难以置信的支配力量在运转
It feels like an incredible force of day of jourvou going on.
我觉得以前自己一直是为了这一刻而活的
I feel like I’ve lived this moment for sure before.
我上一次来是我20岁的时候 真的难以置信
Last time I was here, I was in my 20s. it’s really hard to believe that,
距我上次来已经有1/4个世纪了
Fuck, a quarter of a century is gone since I was last here.
回来的感觉真好 但是我从承办人那里得知
It’s good to be back, but I find out from the promoter
我们的表演11:35就开始
That we’re on at 11:35 a.m.
我跨越了这些距离 做了一切…
I came all this distance, did all…
一切让我能来到这里的事情
everything that it took to get here
现在我担心的是 我们会有观众吗
And now what am I worried about? is anybody going to show up?
我曾在一个能容纳2000人
I’ve been in a situation where
却只有5个观众的地方表演
I’ve had 5 people in a place that holds 2,000 and
这种感觉不太好
it’s not a good feeling.
真的不太好
It really isn’t.
如果连500人都不到的话
It would be very disappointing
就是很令人失望的事情了
if there’s less than 500 people
因为据我所知 那是一个很大的场地
Because, from what I understand, it’s a very, very large place.
听着 对我来说
Listen, for me,
我不是为任何人表演 我什么都不在乎
I’ll play for no one. I don’t give a shit.
我喜欢演出
I love to play,
喜欢听那种声音
Just to hear the sound
喜欢制♥造♥作为铁砧乐队的那种氛围
and create that vibe of being Anvil.
我为之生存
I live for that anyway.
但是别人都关心那些
But it’s everybody else that goes with that.
(容纳20000人)
人们花钱把你请到这儿 支付了一切
The people that have spent the money to bring you there and everything.
我内心也关心那些
My heart goes out to that aspect, too.
如果没人看呢 那可不是什么好事
What if no one gets there? shit, man, it’s not a good thing.
日本
Japan.
-铁砧乐队 -铁砧乐队
-Anvil! -Anvil!
铁砧乐队
Anvil!
-铁砧乐队 -铁砧乐队
-Anvil! -Anvil!
演出期间 我很多次闭上双眼 想像着
A lot of times I close my eyes during the show and I think about
整个场馆都是人 所有人都沸腾了
The place is full and everybody’s freaking out
我假装一切都很好
And I try to pretend that it’s all good
我真的就这样表演了 之后
And I really deal with it afterwards
当承办人走过来 跟我说
When a promoter comes up to me and goes,
“利普斯 我不能如预期那样付你那么多了”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!