Really, we have nothing.
进入壳倒计时14分钟
T-minus 14 minutes to shell access.
进入壳倒计时14分钟
T-minus 14 minutes to shell access.
进入壳倒计时9分钟
T-minus 9 minutes to shell access.
进入壳倒计时9分钟
T-minus 9 minutes to shell access.
那是干什么用的
What’s that for?
视觉辅助
A visual aid.
即使他们真的在说话
Look, I’m never gonna be able to speak their words,
也没法学会
if they are talking,
但它们可能存在某种书面语言
but they might have some sort of written language
或者视觉交流的方式
or basis for visual communication.
好 我们开始吧
Okay. Let’s get started.
人类
Human.
人类
Human.
我是人类 你们是什么
I’m human. What are you?
人类
Human.
天啊
Oh my god!
你看到了吗
Are you getting this?
是 长官 正传回大本营
Yes, sir! It’s uploading back to base camp.
路易丝 简直太不可思议了
Louise, that’s incredible.
人类
Human.
人类
Human.
人类
Human.
好 慢慢来
Okay, slow down now.
慢下来
Slow down.
我不想否认刚才你取得的进展
I don’t wanna take away from your success in there,
但班克斯博士 这方法真的好吗
but Dr. Banks, is this really the right approach?
试图教他们读和写
Trying to teach them how to speak and read?
这样更慢
That’s gotta take longer.
你错了 这样更快
You’re wrong. It’s faster.
你在里面做的每件事
Everything you do in there,
我都得跟一屋子的人解释
I have to explain to a room full of men
而他们唯一关心的问题就是
whose first and last question is…
“这对我们有何影响”
“How can this be used against us?”
你得给我取得更多成果
So you’re gonna have to give me more than that.
袋鼠
Kangaroo.
什么
What is that?
1770年
In 1770,
詹姆斯·库克船长的船在澳大利亚海滩搁浅
Captain James Cook’s ship ran aground off the coast of Australia,
他带领一队人深入当地
and he led a party into the country,
遇到了那里的土著人
and they met the aboriginal people.
其中一名水手指着
One of the sailors pointed at the animals
跳动的把宝宝放在育儿袋里的动物
that hop around and put their babies in their pouch,
问土著那是什么动物
and he asked what they were,
土著人说”Kangaroo”
and the aborigine said, “Kangaroo.”
你想说什么
And the point is?
之后他们才知道
It wasn’t till later that they learned that
它的意思是”我听不懂” 所以
“Kangaroo” means “I don’t understand.” So,
我需要这个 以免翻译时出现误解
I need this so that we don’t misinterpret things in there.
否则 要花上十倍的时间
Otherwise, this is gonna take 10 times as long.
这个说法暂时可行
I can sell that for now.
但你要在下一次行动之前
But I need you to submit your vocabulary words
提交一张单词表
before the next session.
可以
Fair.
而且别忘了那土著人后来的结局
And remember what happened to the aborigines.
更先进的族群几乎把他们杀光了
A more advanced race nearly wiped them out.
故事不错
It’s a good story.
谢了
Thanks.
不是真的
It’s not true.
但能说明我想说的
But it proves my point.
我们应该可以
We think we were able to reproduce
复♥制♥一些素数序列给他们看
some prime number sequences back at them.
至少算进展了
So that’s something.
恭喜你 你个鹦鹉
Well, congratulations. You’re a parrot.
不止那样 你个混♥蛋♥ 你看不到吗
It’s a lot more than that, you cheeky bastard, don’t you see?
他们理解不了我们的算数学
They can’t seem to follow our algebra,
但复杂的行为却意会神通
but complex behaviors, that clicks.
这根本说不通啊 不是吗
Well that doesn’t make any sense at all, does it?
问题在于 不是所有人都像我们这样
Problem is, not everyone shares our policy
对外星人开诚布公
of being open with the aliens.
你见过尚将军了吗
Have you met General Shang?
他的无线电呼号♥是大多米诺
The call sign for him is big domino.
不管尚做什么
Whatever Shang does,
至少还有四个国家会仿效
at least four other nations will follow.
-路易丝 今天必须取得进展 -好
– Louise? We have to gain ground today. – Okay.
-做好单词表了吗 -做了
– You have a vocabulary list for me? – I do.
你要教它们你和伊安的名字
You’re gonna teach them your name and Ian’s?
是 这样如果他们也有名字就能知道
Yes, so that we can learn their names if they have names,
之后再引入代词
and then introduce pronouns later.
这些都是小学词汇
These are all grade-school words:
吃 走
Eat, walk.
给我解释一下
Help me understand.

Okay.
不不不 上面别擦
Oh, no, no, no! Not the top!
这是你想达到的目标对吧
Okay, this is where you wanna get to, right?
-是这个问题 -好的
– That is the question. – Okay.
首先 我们得确保
So, first, we need to make sure that
它们明白什么是问题
they understand what a question is.
也就是请求得到信息加以回复的行为
Okay, the nature of a request for information along with a response.
然后 我们得解释清特指的”你”和
Then, we need to clarify the difference between
指代多人的”你们”有何区别
a specific “you” and a collective “you,”
因为我们不想知道某个外星人的目的
because we don’t wanna know why Joe alien is here,
我们想知道它们全体降临的目的
we want to know why they all landed.
而目的是需要理解他们的意图
And purpose requires an understanding of intent.
我们得弄清楚
We need to find out:
它们是有意识选择了地球
Do they make conscious choices?
或者它们的动机只是本能式的
Or is their motivation so instinctive
于是根本无法理解请求原因的问句
that they don’t understand a “why” question at all?
还有最要紧的是
And… and biggest of all,
我们得跟他们建立足够大的可理解词汇量
we need to have enough vocabulary with them
才能明白它们的回答
that we understand their answer.
我懂了
I get it.
就用你的词汇表
Stick to your list.
只是
Just
别再加了
don’t add anything to it.
氧气水平 21.4% 完毕
Oxygen level: 21.4%. Over.
神鹰 A小队现在在正厅
Condor, Alpha’s now in the nave.
器械和遥感设备就位 完毕
Setting up equipment and telemetry. Over.
开始吧
Let’s get started.
路易丝 路易丝 我是路易丝
Louise. Louise. I am Louise.
这是什么
What is that?
是个新的标志吗 看不出来
Is that a new symbol? I can’t tell.
不知道 好像还是那个表示人类的标志
I don’t know. I think it’s the symbol for human again.
只是结尾处有些卷起
It just has a little curl on the end,
也许代表是问句
maybe to indicate a question.
我不知道
I don’t know.
我不知道 路易丝
I don’t know, Louise.
我觉得他们没理解
I think they’re getting confused.
班克斯博士
Dr. Banks,
也许我们该教下一个词了
perhaps we should move on to the next word.
班克斯博士
Dr. Banks!
没事的
It’s okay.
什么情况
What’s going on?
你在干什么
What are you doing?
没事 我没事
Yeah, I’m fine.
你疯了吗
Are you insane?
他们需要看见我
They need to see me.
她脱掉了她的防护服
She’s taking off her Hazmat suit.
这合适吗
Is it okay?
你这样会有被辐射的危险
You’re risking contamination.
他们需要看见我

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章天才瑞普利
下一篇文章但丁密码
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!