Weber’s looking for you.
你以为我为什么躲在这儿呢
Yeah, well, why do you think I’m hiding out here?
上来吧
Come on up!
谢谢
Thanks.
这里不错吧
Nice out here, huh?
是啊 景色很美
Yeah, it’s a nice view.
远离嘈杂
Away from the noise.
你知道吗 我刚刚正在想你
You know, I was just thinking about you.
你解析语言时像个数学家
You approach language like a mathematician.
你知道的对吧
You know that, right?
我就当是赞美了
I will take that as a compliment.
的确是赞美
Yeah, well, it is.
看着你指导我们绕过一个个
As I watch you steer us around these communication traps
我完全看不出的语言学陷阱
that I didn’t even know existed,
每次我都疑惑又惊奇
it’s like, “What?”
我想这就是我单身的原因吧
I guess that’s why I’m single.
相信我 一个完全理解交流的人
Trust me, you can understand communication
也有可能单身
and still end up single.
我觉得这里发生的一切
I feel like everything that happens in there
都落在了咱俩肩上
comes down to the two of us.
但这是件好事 不是吗
Yeah, that’s a good thing though, right?
需要的是你我
You and I?
看看和我们一起工作的笨蛋们吧
Have you seen the jokers that we’re working with?
感谢上帝还有你帮我
Thank god I’ve got you!
今晚
Tonight,
首张外星人照片一夜间疯传
the first photograph of the aliens goes viral.
生物污染是蒙大拿州降临点的
Biological contamination is a major risk factor
首要危害
at the Montana site.
环保组织如是说
So say environmental pressure groups.
八十万人走上华盛顿街头
800,000 march on Washington
抗♥议♥政♥府♥对危机的处理对策
to protest the government’s handling of the crisis.
稍后有更多特别报道
All this, and more special coverage.
是谁第一手接触了飞船里的那玩意儿
First contact with whoever it is that is inside that thing,
是谁在领导局势
and who’s running the show?
是政♥府♥
The government.
没错各位 就是那个
That’s right, folks, the same government
毁了我们的医保 掏空了军队的政♥府♥
who ruined our healthcare and bankrupted our military.
看看这些人
Look at these people!
多数人甚至没有枪
Most of them don’t even have guns!
我们可能面临着被全面入侵
We could be facing a full-scale invasion.
而我们的总统却打算袖手旁观
Our president’s willing to sit back
让他们轻轻松松地夺去我们的国家
and let them waltz in and take our country.
我们已危如累卵 朋友们
We are falling asleep at the wheel, people!
你明白我的意思 你肯定明白
You know what I’m talking about. I know you do.
也许我们现在能做的最聪明的事
What if the smartest thing we could do right now
就是给他们点厉害看看
would be to give them a show of force?
我想也许开一枪
I’m talking about a shot across the bow.
我想知道你们的想法
I want to hear what you think.
一号♥听众 你已经连线了
Caller no. 1, you’re on the air.
对这件事你怎么看
What do you think about all this?
这个词是什么意思
What’s this word?
行星
Planet.
就像 地球就是个行星
That’s, like, um… The earth is a planet.
你想看看我做的盖瑞特老师留的作业吗
Want to see my project for Miss Garriott’s class?
好啊 小可爱
Yeah, little nose.
我们要做出自己的电视节目
We had to make up our own TV show.
假装我们有一个
If we had one.
这两个人是谁
And who are those two people?
这是你和爸爸
That’s you and dad.
这个节目叫做
The show is called
《妈妈爸爸跟动物说话》
“Mommy and daddy talk to animals.”
太可爱了
Well, it’s lovely.
好了
Okay…
你为爸爸和我的事觉得不高兴很正常
You know it’s okay to be sad that your dad and I…
我知道 我没有不高兴
I know. I’m not.
因为我们都非常爱你
‘Cause we both love you very much.
我知道 这是个动画节目 不是真的
I know. It’s just a cartoon. It’s not real.
路易丝
Louise?
你还好吗
You all right?
是的 我没事
Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine.
我不觉得这是 我能解释的事
I’m not sure it’s something I can… I can explain.
你上次找凯特勒医生做检查是什么时候
When was your last checkup with Dr. Kettler?
我没事
I’m okay.
我去透透气
I’m gonna get some air.
我没事 真的
I’m okay. All right.
我没事 嗯
I’m fine. Yep.
你感觉怎么样
How you feeling?
我需要睡一会儿 但我真的没事
I need some sleep, but I’m fine.
好的
Yeah.
我看过一本书
You know, I was doing some reading, um,
讲了一个理论
about this idea
说如果你全身心投入某种语言
that if you immerse yourself into a foreign language,
你的思维方式也会有所改变
then you can actually rewire your brain.
萨丕尔-沃尔夫假说
The Sapir-Whorf hypothesis.
这个理论…
The theory that, uh…
这个理论讲的是
It… it’s the theory that, uh,
你所使用的语言
the language you speak determines
决定了你的思维
how you think and…
语言会影响你洞察世事的方式
It affects how you see everything.
这个
It was, uh…
我很好奇
I’m curious
你会用他们的语言做梦吗
Are you dreaming in their language?
我是做了些梦 但我
I may have had a few dreams, but I don’t…
但应该没有影响我的工作
I don’t think that that makes me unfit to do this job.
刚才睡着了吗
Did you sleep?
睡了一会儿
A little.
你会说汉语吗
Do you know mandarin?
它在移♥动♥
It is shifting.
你将听到的
The voice you’re about to hear
是中国♥军♥事总司令
belongs to a Chinese Military Chief…
尚将军的声音
General Shang.
投上去
Pull it up!
我们找到他谈话对象的卫星信♥号♥♥
We got a satellite feed here of who he’s talking to,
可以看看
if you want to look.
慢着 倒
Wait, go back.

Stop.
他说那十二个飞行物均打算
He’s saying that each of the 12
提供先进技术
is offering advanced technology.
再倒 放
Go back again. And play.
我们的科学团正试图解码装置
“Our science team is attempting to decode the sets.”
装置 我不知道他指的是什么
“Sets.” I don’t know what that means.
优势什么的
Something about advantage,
服 荣 花
suits, honor and, uh, flowers.
我不
I don’t…
我不明白 就这些
I don’t know. That’s all.
我也不懂什么意思
I don’t know what it means either.
一小时前中国调动了武装力量
An hour ago, China mobilized forces.
现在俄♥罗♥斯♥也在配合
And now, Russia’s following suit.
尚打算搞动作
Shang’s about to start something.
配合 服也有配的意思
Following suit. Suits.
配牌 役牌 花牌
Suits, honor, flowers…
上校 这些都是麻将牌的花色
Colonel, those are all tile sets in mah-jongg.
天啊 他们这是
God, are they…
在用牌局跟七肢桶交流吗
Are they using a game to converse with their Heptapods?
也许吧 怎么了
Maybe. Why?
就像我不教它们英语
Well, let’s say that I taught them
而是教它们下棋
chess instead of English.
我们每次谈话都是一次博弈
Every conversation would be a game.
想法都是靠敌手 胜败来传达
Every idea expressed through opposition, victory, defeat.
看出问题了吗
You see the problem?
手上只有锤子…

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章天才瑞普利
下一篇文章但丁密码
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!