如果你从未经历过 你又怎么会知道?
If you’ve never heard or smelled something, how can you understand it?
哇哦 骏马 我来了
Whoa, Beauty. I’m here.
不!
No.
我不能丢下金洁不管!
I can’t leave Ginger!
我不会叫你受到伤害的!
I won’t let it hurt you!
不要傻呆着!
Don’t look at it!
我什么也看不到了
I couldn’t see anything.
我只好跟着他走!
I had to follow him!
乔?
JOe!
乔!
JOe!
是乔救了我们
Joe saved us.
其他马也都获救了 但没人救得了我女主人
The other horses were rescued too, but no one could help our mistress.
她的病情更严重了…
Her illness was so advanced…
…医生建议她搬到比较温暖的地方
that the doctor told her to move to a warmer place.
主人不得不告别英格兰…
The family would have to leave England…
…跟我们
and us.
这边 五分钟后发车
Right this way. Leaving in five minutes.
再见 约翰 上帝保佑你
Goodbye, John. Bless you.
上帝保佑 我们很快会再见面
Please God, we may see you back again soon.
去朴茨茅斯的火车从一号♥站台出发
Portsmouth train leaving from platform one.
我们爱你 玛烈莱
We love you, Merrylegs.
你是最棒的
You’re the best.
我们永远忘不了你
We’ll never forget you.
要出发了 妹妹
Time to go, sisters.
约翰 我要谢谢你对我们家的忠诚服务
I want to thank you, John, for your faithful service to my family.
我们会永远记住你的 先生
We shall never forget you, sir.
再见 我的骏马
Goodbye, my Beauty.
我再也没有见到我的家人了
Nevermore were we to see our family.
再也没有
Nevermore.
那是我们最后一次在农场…
It was our last time together in the big pasture…
…但是有些东西是永远也不会改变的
but it was something nobody could ever take away from us.
他们在共舞呢!
They were dancing!
神父带走了玛烈莱
The vicar came to take Merrylegs away.
他答应斯奎特一家永远不会卖♥♥了玛烈莱的
He’d promised the squire he would never sell him.
我讨厌和那匹勇敢的小矮马说再见
I hated saying goodbye to that plucky little pony.
不久 金洁 乔 还有我…
In no time, Ginger and Joe and I…
…一起离开了我们熟悉的地方
also found ourselves miles away from everything dear and familiar.
马走后门 你以为这是哪儿?
Horses to the back! What do you think you’re doing?
我发誓…
I swear to you…
…总有一天…
someday, somehow…
…我们会再在一起
I’ll be with you again.
现在就带我走吧
Take me with you now.
乔….
Joe.
别离开我
Don’t go.
他还是走了
But he was gone.
维希米亚夫人 维希米亚公爵…
Lady Wexmire, Lord Wexmire…
…乔治公爵
Lord George.
他们注视着我
They stared.
用挑剔的目光看着我们
Staring at us with their critical eyes.
对他们而言 我们…
To them, we were no more alive…
…只不过是套着马具的工具而已
than the bits of harness on our backs.
看那匹栗色马的长腿
Look at the long legs on the chestnut mare.
她是个好货色 她能随风飞舞
What a hunter she’d make. She’d fly over the jumps.
把马头拉高些
You must put these horses’ heads higher, York.
他们还不习惯这些颈绳
They’re not accustomed to the bearing rein.
马夫说他们以前从未用过缰绳
Their groom said they’d never used the rein on either one.
是吗 约克? -是的 我的主人
Didn’t he, York? – He did, my lord.
最好慢慢叫他们习惯
Be safer to bring them up by degrees.
得了吧!
Pish-posh!
我看不惯这些东西
These animals are not fit to be seen.
再勒紧点他们也死不了 对吗 约克?
One notch tighter won’t kill them, will it? York?
如你所愿 夫人
As you wish, my lady.
鲁本 看好这匹木马
Reuben, attend to the mare.
当缰绳套的更紧时 它向后拽着我的头…
When a bearing rein is tightened, it pulls back your head…
…所以你只能不舒服的高抬着头拉车
so that you have to carry it uncomfortably high.
或许有些人会觉得这样马更神气
People think it makes a horse look fancy.
但这叫金洁很不满
But it made Ginger angry.
这是我们到过的最豪华的地方
This was a very grand place we’d come to.
面♥积♥是布切特庄园的三到四倍…
Three or four times the size of Birtwick Park…
…但并不是所有事都让人愉快…
but not at all pleasant…
…如果马可以发表自己的意见
if a horse may have an opinion.
平时我们把头向下或向前…
Ordinarily, we would have put our heads down and forward…
…但不是现在
but not now.
现在我们不得不抬起头来拉车
Now we had to pull with our heads up.
这使我们的背和腿都疼的要命
Pain shot through our backs and legs.
这是为了什么?
For what?
为的是潮流
For fashion.
勒紧些 约克
Rein them tighter, York.
如你所愿 夫人
As you wish, my lady.
鲁本 把母马的缰绳再收短些
Reuben, shorten the bearing rein on the mare.
颈上控缰真是个好名字
A bearing rein is well named.
在于他实在让马难以忍♥受
For it is unbearable.
这真没道理
It makes no sense.
而不合理的对待只会使马发疯
And nonsense can drive a horse mad.
再勒紧些 约克!
Rein them tighter, York!
如你所愿 夫人
As you wish, my lady.
我不知道金洁还能忍♥受多久
[didn’t know how much longer Ginger could stand it.
看在上帝的份上
For pity’s sake.
你不能把他们的头拉高吗? 立刻拉高!
Are you never going to get their heads up? Raise them at once!
如你所愿 夫人
As you wish, my lady.
快点!
Quickly!
然后出事了
And then it happened.
你这个没用的蠢材!
You incompetent fool!
哇哦 停下来!
Whoa, there!
抓住她!
Keep a hold of her!
抓住!
Hang on!
去公爵夫人那里我不能迟到!
I can’t be late for the duchess!
抓住他! 快!
Get him! Quick!
就这样 把那杆拿掉 继续 拿掉!
Give it here. Now, get that shaft off. Go on! Get it!
这该死的缰绳让她窒息
The bloody rein’s choking her.
好了姑娘
There, lassie.
你这个蠢材!
You idiot!
马都比你聪明!
These horses have got more brains than you!
给栗色的盖上毯子
Cover the chestnut with a blanket.
你去给黑色的拿热水和洗涤液来
You fetch hot water and lotion for the black one.
哇哦 来这
Whoa, there.
别动啊!
Stay!
鲁本….
Reuben.
黑色那匹也要小心照顾
Take care of the black one too.
遵命 约克先生
As you wish, Mr. York.
我的腿受伤了
My leg hurt.
伤口很深
The wound was deep.
好吧 错过了茶会是她自己的错…
Well, it’s her own silly fault if she misses her tea party…
…你们没错
not yours.
当然也不是我的错了
No, nor mine neither.
不能强人所难
It’s enough to drive anybody back to drink.
他们把那些破装置套在我们脖子上…
They put wicked wooden contraptions around our necks…
…所以我们连回头舔伤口都办不到了
so we couldn’t even turn our heads to lick our wounds.
从那以后…
After that…
…夫人再也没有叫金洁拉过车
my lady never called for Ginger again.
另一方面 我…
I, on the other hand…
…继续忍♥受女主人的怪念头
continued to be subject to her every whim.
哦….
Oh…
鲁本….
Reuben.
看 你 看!
Look, man, look!
鲁本 给我们一份工作?
Got a job for us then, Reuben?
可以 就是全天候在外面站着
Yes. It’s stood out in all weathers.
站在这里和那条路之间
Between that and the roads up there.
那多无聊
Plenty of rot here.
到处都很无聊
Plenty of rot everywhere.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!