We love having you.
很荣幸迎接您
Ah. Can I get a Jack and Coke?
一杯杰克和可口可乐
Absolutely. I’ll get that for you myself.
妥妥的 我自己去给您买♥♥
Thank you.
多谢
You must be a regular.
你是熟客了吧
Never been here before.
头一次来
But I hear it’s good.
听说这还不错
Really? She was acting like you guys were best friends.
真的 感觉她跟你很熟的样子
Uh… Oh.

‘Cause she recognizes you?
她认出你来了吗
That must be nice.
感觉一定不错
Aw, man. Dude! Ah.
哎 哥们
How long has it been? It must be over ten years.
多久没见了 有十年了吧
Yeah. Man, it’s so good to see you. Really.
有了 能再见到真的不错
Really. Really good to see you. It’s good to see you, pal.
真的 见到你真的好
Welcome to Boston. Thank you.
欢迎来波士顿 谢谢
Where are you staying?
你们住哪
We’re at, uh, the Oak Tree ExecuStay.
在那个 橡树旅店
Wow.

Yeah. I’ve never heard of anyone staying there.
我还没听说谁住在那边呢
Uh, is it nice?
还可以吗
Yeah. It’s, uh, it’s not bad.
可以 都还不错
So, listen, thank you so much
那个 还没好好谢你
for getting Troy in to meet with that music professor
安排我儿子和音乐老师见面
and the dean of admissions. That was huge.
还有招生办主任 真的帮大忙了
And he had really great meetings.
他见面都很顺利
Oh, I’m glad. Yeah.
很荣幸呢
I just can’t believe he’s already looking at colleges.
都不敢想 小伙子都要念大学了
I know. Me, either.
我也是啊
Well, I guess, you know, my girls are, too.
对啊 其实我女儿也在
They’re only 12, but they’re all over it.
她们才12岁 不过都学完了
They’re writing out their little applications.
正在写她们的大学申请
Mm-hmm, yeah, well… They’re so much more on it than we were.
比我们当年可强太多了
Yeah, I know, right?
对 我知道
Troy has a great attitude about it all. Yeah.
特洛伊的态度倒是很不错
Is he medicated?
他在吃药吗
No.
不啊
Oh. Thank you.
哦 谢谢你
Pleasure.
乐意效劳
So, how’s Melanie? Mm.
你太太怎么样
Uh, she’s great.
都挺好的
Yeah, yeah. She’s… really likes her job,
很喜欢她的工作
and she’s always been pretty happy.
而且总是那么开心
Diane just, uh, sold an article to HBO.
我太太刚卖♥♥了一篇文章给HBO电视台
They’re gonna make a series out of it.
他们要拍一部电视剧呢
Oh. Cool.
这么好
Wow. Yeah.
是啊
So, uh, I went to Tufts today.
我今天回学校了
Bob Connor died.
康纳教授去世了
I know, I know.
我知道这件事
You knew? Yeah.
啊 你知道 对啊
Well, I spoke at his memorial.
追悼会我还发言了
Oh. You did? Yeah.
你还讲话了 对
We’d been in touch. Well, he’d asked me a few times
我们一直有联络 他还经常叫我
to speak in his class about journalism and government.
上班里讲讲新闻业和政♥府♥的事
Oh, he did? That’s… that’s flattering.
真的吗 这有点奉承啊
Yeah, I usually try and get out of that stuff, but,
有时候我也不想涉及太多 不过
you know, for him…
为了他
Such a good person.
多好的一个人啊
Yeah. Yeah, he was the, uh,
是的 他是
closest thing I ever had to a mentor.
跟我最亲近的导师了
Oh, right. That… Yes.
哦对啊
You were his favorite. Back in the day.
当初你是他最喜欢的学生
Yeah. I wish I’d been there at his memorial.
多希望追悼会我在场
I wish I’d known.
希望能早点知道
If I had seen you at Nick’s wedding,
要是当初在尼克的婚礼上见到你
I would have told you about it. It happened right after.
我就告诉你了 就在那之后不久
Yeah. I didn’t know about Nick’s thing either.
其实尼克的婚礼我也不知道
Well, you didn’t miss much.
好吧 你也没错过太多
Nick has gotten s… I mean, I love the guy.
尼克那家伙 我挺喜欢他的
But the more successful he gets, the gayer he gets.
不过那家伙越成功 就越同性恋
He’s, like, a full-on flamer now,
现在已经基本公开了
with hairless dudes in banana hammocks
跟他谢了顶的基友在吊床上
running around his house, humping each other.
要么围着房♥子跑来跑去 各种亲热
Yeah, I saw that house in, uh, Architectural Digest.
对 我在《建筑文摘》上看过他的别♥墅♥
It’s… Oh, yeah, yeah. It’s like the set
简直就像拍科幻风格
for a sci-fi gay porno or something.
同性恋电影的片场
Hmm.

I, um, talked to Jason today.
我还和杰森打了电♥话♥
Oh, yeah? How’s he?
是吗 他怎么样
Uh, he sounded stressed.
压力挺大的
His, uh… his kid’s sick.
他 他孩子生病了
I think she has something wrong with her spine.
脊柱可能是出了什么问题
Oh, that sucks.
那可太惨了
Uh, which one?
哪一个
He has, like, four.
他好像有四个孩子
Uh, I think I might have offended him.
我觉得我好像什么地方冒犯他了
I thought he had his own jet, for some reason,
我之前一直以为他有私人飞机
and I brought it up, and maybe I sounded glib… I don’t know…
结果顺口把这事说出来了 听着可能
but, uh, he seemed annoyed at me
我也不好说 他感觉有点生气
that I accused him of having his own plane.
就因为我说他有私人飞机
I felt bad.
让我感觉不好
Well, he does have a plane.
他是有私人飞机啊
No, he doesn’t. Yes, he does.
没有没有 他真有
No, his company maybe leases one for him.
不是 他说那是公♥司♥给他租的
Yeah, that’s his company. His company, his plane.
飞机公♥司♥就是他的啊 连公♥司♥带飞机
Are you sure?
你确定
Did you not read the piece in the Times?
你没看时代周刊的文章吗
Oh, my God, he’s getting sued.
佛祖啊 他被起诉了
He lost a lot of money for a lot of powerful people.
他让很多有权有势的人损失了一大笔钱
He’s running scared.
都吓尿裤子了
Oh, my God. That’s, uh… I…
那可真是
Might be why he was a little, uh, sensitive about it.
可能他因为这个才有点敏感
Yeah. I guess, uh… Oh. I thought, uh… I guess I got that wrong. I don’t know.
好吧 可能是我理解错了
No, Jason is a pillar of society.
杰森可是社会的核心人物
He is a… He’s a family man, you know?
他是很依赖家庭的那类人
He’s a good dude.
人不错
And he’s a total crook.
不过也是个骗子
Really?
真的吗
Yeah, he’s a thief.
对 算是个小偷吧
I mean, there’s a chance… albeit slight,
他有可能 虽然可能性不大
that he goes to jail.
会进监狱
Really? Jesus. Yeah.
真的吗 我天
You don’t get rich like that by being an Eagle Scout.
要没点手段也不会那么有钱对吧
Mm. Mm.
嗯嗯
He should do what Billy did. He should flee.
他应该学学比利 早点跑了完事
Yeah, Billy. Right.
啊 比利 对
He’s really living the dream, huh?
他才是神仙一样的日子
Two girlfriends. Ah.
两个小妞
Just don’t call him after 5:00 p.m.
过了下午5点可别给他打电♥话♥
Why not? What do you mean? He’s a drunk.
什么意思啊 他是个酒鬼
He is? Mm!
他吗
And a.
而且还
And a.
还这样
Shut up. What are you…
得了吧 不用这么
Don’t be naive. You knew that.
少天真的 你知道的
I mean, when I talked to him on the phone, he sounded okay. He was…
我电♥话♥里听着他还挺正常的啊
It was early in the morning. He was, like, walking his dog.
一大早起来还溜着狗
He’d probably been out all night on a bender.
可能头天晚上狂欢了一整夜吧
No, come on, in his defense,
反正对他来说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!