You’re in luck.
你走运了
Guess who you have a meeting with tomorrow.
猜明天谁要见你
Who? Jerome Backaly.
谁啊 杰罗姆·贝克利
What? Yeah.
真的 对啊
And then after that, you have an interview with the dean of admissions.
见完他 你还要和哈佛的招生办主任面试
No way.
逗我吧
Way.
不逗你
Are you serious? Totally serious.
你不开玩笑 绝对认真
Wow! Wha…
哇哦 这
Oh, jee…
我去
What? Yeah, man.
真的假的 真的
Oh, sh…
这tm
Now I’m nervous.
这回我真紧张了
No. Come on.
好了
Oh…

Uh… wait, no, shit.
等下 我靠
Uh, tomorrow I’m supposed to have Tufts, though.
明天我该去塔夫茨大学面试的
Fuck Tufts.
去他♥娘♥的♥塔夫茨
Yeah. Yeah.
对 对
Ah… we’ll go in the afternoon.
大不了下午再去
Dad. Yeah?
爹啊 怎么了
You’re the fucking king, man.
你丫是我男神
Gotcha, pal.
对吧 小子
What do you think, Troy?
这个怎么样 儿子
I’m going to Harvard.
我要去哈佛啦
Coming through for Troy made me giddy.
帮儿子办成这件事让我有点难以自持
Try it.
试试
Maybe this was the first in a long series of victories.
这可能是我们一连串胜利的开始
Oh, my God.
佛祖啊
I pictured Troy as an adult, happy and wealthy.
我脑补了特洛伊长大了 有钱又开心
Even famous.
甚至成了名人
I’m getting all of them.
这沓我都要了
Here you go.
给你的
That’s our son. For you. It’s our son.
这是我儿子 给你的 我们儿子
It’s our son.
是我儿子
I love you both so much.
我特别爱你们
And all my success is because of you.
我所有的成功都源于你们二位
Aw. Oh.
哦 啊
Thank you. Thanks, buddy. And guess what.
谢谢 小伙子 你猜怎么
What?
怎么
I bought an island!
我买♥♥了一个小岛
What?
什么
Yeah!
真的
I pictured his triumphs eclipsing those of my contemporaries.
我想象着他的成功让我在同龄人中脱颖而出
And how gratifying that would be.
想象着那种满足感
Suddenly, my thoughts darkened.
可一转念 我突然变得黑暗起来
These victories…
那些成功
how desperate to claim them as mine.
我多希望是我自己
They would be his.
那都是他的成功
Um… my dad, like, whenever he sees
我爹吧 不管他从哪看到
a photo of me on the Internet or in a magazine,
我的照片 杂♥志♥上 网上
for some reason he thinks it’s, like, my obituary.
他都会觉得这是我的讣告
And that I’ve, like, died.
就好像 我挂了一样
It sounds like your dad might be a little bit crazy.
听起来你老爹有点不正常啊
Crazy? Uh, yeah, a little. I would say, um…
有点疯 是有那么一点
Like, maybe this? Maybe, yeah.
大概这么多 对对 再多点
A little bit more. Maybe a little more than that.
比这个多 可能还要多一点
Maybe a little bit more than a little. Yeah, yeah.
可能比这个还多 对吧
What if Troy lorded his success over me,
要是特洛伊用他的成功来打击我怎么办
or hoarded it away?
或者把它藏起来
It sounds like your father might be mentally ill,
感觉你老爹精神有点问题啊
in need of some help.
需要看病了
What if, in the end,
要是 到了最后
Troy’s wins made me feel even more the failure?
儿子的成功让我更相形见绌怎么办
What if I became envious of my own son?
要是我连儿子都开始嫉妒怎么办
The thought horrified me.
我不敢往下想了
Lose yourself in nature
沉浸在自然中吧
And find peace
找到内心的平静
Troubles will come
麻烦会来的
Troubles will release
麻烦也会走
Lose yourself In nature and find peace
沉浸在大自然中与平静为伴
Then again…
我又想到
musicians rarely make money.
音乐家可不好挣钱
Even with a Harvard education,
哪怕你是哈佛出身
Troy could easily end up a struggling artist.
他也可能落魄为一个困顿的艺人
Troubles will come
麻烦会来的
Troubles will release
麻烦也会走
Lose yourself in nature and find peace
沉浸在大自然中与平静为伴
Chickens and children know it all…
人人都会知道
Or maybe he’ll take after Melanie…
或者他遗传我老婆
perfectly satisfied with practically nothing.
什么都没有还整天傻乐
We may reach great heights
我们会有所成就
But ever will we fall
但也会一朝尽失
Chickens and children know it all
大家都很清楚
Lose yourself in nature and find peace
沉浸在自然中才能找到平静
Lose yourself in nature And find peace
沉浸在自然中才能找到平静
Hey, if you’re just gonna be a musician,
我说 你要只是搞音乐的话
do you even need to go to college?
还有必要念哈佛吗
What?

It’s a fair question.
这么问很合理吧
“Just” a musician? Yeah.
只是搞音乐 对啊
I’m just saying, do you need a Harvard diploma
我就是说 你要是混乐队的话
if you’re gonna play music in a band?
哈佛的学历有什么用呢
Isn’t that what you want to do?
你不是一直有这个打算吗
I don’t know what I want to do, Dad.
我也不知道我怎么打算的
Okay, well, you better start thinking about it, ’cause, uh,
那你最好开始考虑一下了
this isn’t cheap, Troy, and you’re assuming a lot
学费很贵的 而且你要是觉得
if you think that I can pay for all this without taking out loans,
我不用贷款就能交得起 那你想太多了
or you taking out loans, or trying to get scholarships
要么你去贷款 要么就拿奖学金
or financial aid.
或者申请补助
What the fuck just happened?
你脑子出什么问题了
I’m thinking out loud, okay? I don’t expect you to pay for everything.
我怎么想怎么说 好吗 我又没都指着你交钱
I mean, are you not gonna be able to pay for everything?
你意思是 你付不起这些钱
We’ll see. I don’t want you to worry about this yet.
再说吧 你现在还不用想这些
Clearly.
明白了
Hey, it might not be a big issue. Maybe one of your grandparents will die.
这也不是啥大事 要是你外公外婆谁死掉的话
Hey. Hey.
哈喽 嗨
How you doing? Good. How are you?
怎么样 一切都好 你呢
This is my dad, Brad.
我父亲 布拉德
Hey, Dad-Brad. I’m Ananya.
大叔好 我叫阿娜尼娅
Hey. So, you guys were friends at Country Day?
嗨 你们是中学同学
We were in orchestra together.
我们都在管弦乐部
Yeah, Ananya’s a really amazing musician. Really?
她音乐造诣可相当棒 真的吗
Uh-huh. And now you go to Harvard.
啊 那你现在在哈佛
Yeah. I’m a junior. That’s… Wow.
对 大三了 真不错
Are you liking it? Yeah, it’s great.
感觉如何 相当好
I mean, it gets really cold, but I love my classes.
这地方很冷 不过我很喜欢我们班
Really great people.
人都特别好
Yeah, no complaints.
没什么好抱怨
Uh, I made a reservation at a restaurant around the corner.
我定了旁边的饭馆
So, should we go?
一起吃吗
Yeah. Cool.
走吧 很好
Let’s do it. Mm.
吃个饭吧
It’s good to see faces from home.
见到老乡很开心
It’s so cool you got that meeting with Jerome Backaly.
你能和杰罗姆见面简直棒
How’d you manage that?
你怎么做到的
Oh, my dad’s friends with a professor here.
我老爸的朋友在这边教书
Oh, yeah? Mm-hmm.
真的吗 嗯
Yeah. Who?
谁啊
His name’s Craig Fisher.
克雷格·费舍

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!