Never has to fly commercial at all.
机票都不用买♥♥了
Nick Pascale probably flies private, too.
尼克·帕斯卡八成也是专机接送
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
Must be nice to always have the seas part for you.
东西都用专用的肯定感觉特别好
Nothing’s out of reach.
要什么有什么
Can I have this one?
我能要这个吗
Okay. Yeah? Oh.
可以啊 啊 太好了
Everything an option.
随时选就行了
Must be like a drug.
感觉比嗑药还爽
Always feeling important and special.
天下之大 唯我独尊
Better than.
高人一等
And all the adventures.
环游世界
The exotic destinations.
周游四方
Au revoir!
再见啦
For them, the world isn’t a battlefield.
在这帮人看来 世界不是战场
It’s a playground.
而是游乐场
A dream.
是梦工厂
It’s heaven, manifested.
是天堂仙境
Dad, can I get some Pringles? They’re seven dollars.
爸 我能吃点薯片吗 要七块钱
Yeah. I need your credit card.
吃吧 你信♥用♥卡♥给我一下
There are 45 minutes left on the flight.
飞机将在45分钟后着陆
Keep your seat belt fastened. Enjoy the rest of the flight.
请记好安全带 享受您余下的旅程
Eventually, my mind drifted back to college.
最终 我的思绪还是回到了大学上
Back then, I was in love with the world
那时候 我还深爱着这个世界
and the world was in love with me.
世界也爱着我
When did we fall out of love with each other?
我们是什么时候分手的呢
Where did it all go wrong?
到底是哪出了问题
My thoughts turned to Melanie.
我又想到梅勒妮
It’s unbelievable.
开玩笑
It’s fucked up.
全乱套了
They’ve got kids… little elementary school kids…
他们还有孩子 小孩 还没上小学
doing these mass-shooting drills in their schools,
在学校搞什么枪战演习
because everybody has to have a gun, because that’s the answer…
就因为现在是个人就得有枪 就因为…
I love Melanie’s idealism, but maybe that idealism
我爱梅勒妮的理想主义 不过可能正是因为这种理想化
prevented me from ever selling out.
影响了我向别人推销自我
Jason Hatfield married a woman who had money of her own.
杰森的老婆自己就很有钱
She introduced him to rich clients, gave him entrée and status.
把他介绍给有钱的客户 让他名利双收
Diane Fisher’s famous in her own right.
费舍的老婆凭自己的本事混出名堂
She and Craig competed with each other,
能和费舍不分上下
pushing each other to succeed.
相互促进 一起成功
Here. Oh.
来尝尝
But Melanie…
可是我老婆
she’s so easily satisfied.
真的是知足常乐
It’s good.
真好吃诶
Seriously? Yeah!
真的 对啊
Honestly? Yeah, I always love your sauces.
说实话 一直很喜欢你调的酱
Maybe her contentment undermined my ambition.
是不是这种知足才削减了我的雄心壮志呢
Okay.
好吧
Hey. Hi, honey.
嗨 宝贝
Hey, you in Boston?
哈喽 到波士顿了吗
Yep. We made it.
是啊 我们到了
Yeah, we’re on our way to the hotel.
正往酒店走
Oh, good. How’s Troy doing?
儿子在做什么
He’s good. Good.
他挺好的
Yeah. He’s, uh, drinking in Boston.
正在享受波士顿的风景
And I’ll tell you something: I know exactly what the…
我跟你说 你们这些我一清二楚…
I can’t blame Melanie for my decisions,
我不能因为我的决定而责怪梅勒妮
or anyone else.
或者其他人
It’s my fault.
是我自己作
Dad.

You want to get some food? All I’ve eaten today is the can of Pringles.
不打算吃点东西吗 我今天就吃了一桶薯片
Yeah. Let’s do it. I’m hungry, too.
啊 吃吧 我也饿了
Yeah. Let’s get some food.
走吧 去吃点东西
And then, uh, Thursday, rent a car and drive to Amherst and then Williams.
礼拜四 租车先去阿莫斯特 再到威廉姆斯
You know, these are competitive schools, Troy.
这些学校都很有竞争力的 儿子
Just… just try not to put too much pressure on yourself.
别给自己太大压力
You know what I mean?
懂我意思吧
Don’t get caught up in the game, all the brands.
别把自己陷太深 这些名牌大学
You know, “Williams,” “Harvard,” all of it.
什么威廉姆斯 什么哈佛
Just… It all works out.
事情都会解决的
In the end, you end up at the right place.
最后你总会找到合适的地方
Mm, yeah, I’m not really worried.
嗯 我其实还好
Okay.
那就好
You know, when I was your age, I was so freaked out about college.
我像你这么大的时候 被上大学吓得够呛
I wanted to go to Yale.
当时想去耶鲁
Was just obsessed, right?
一门心思
I mean, why Yale?
其实何必呢
I didn’t know why.
我也不知道
And then, uh, I got waitlisted, and then I didn’t get in.
后来我被滞后了 也没上成耶鲁
Right?
知道吗
Guess what?
你猜怎么
It all worked out.
都解决了
I loved Tufts.
我爱上塔夫茨大学了
Tufts was a fantastic school.
特别好的学校
I made great friends.
我认识了很多好朋友
I met that professor, Bob Connor,
认识了鲍勃·康纳教授
took me under his wing and just,
他对我视同己出
you know, kind of blew my mind and changed my life.
我如获新生 他改变了我的生活
Made me want to save the world.
让我想要拯救世界
So…
所以啊
Anyway, my point is, fuck Yale, okay?
重点是 去他♥娘♥的♥耶鲁
And you don’t get into Tufts, fuck Tufts.
要是没进塔夫茨 那就去他♥娘♥的♥塔夫茨
My, uh, counselor thinks that I’ll get into Yale.
其实我的咨♥询♥师说我可能会进耶鲁的
She does? He does, yeah.
她这么说吗 是啊
He does. Why does he think that?
他这么说了 为什么
Uh, I mean, I guess my grades and scores and my compositions,
可能因为我的成绩 分数 还有我的作品
’cause I guess a lot of these schools are looking to fill orchestral spots.
这几个学校都挺缺管弦乐的人才的
And, uh, he’s pretty confident
他还是很自信的
I’ll get into pretty much everywhere I apply.
觉得我申请的学校都有门
You look stunned.
你很吃惊啊
He thinks you’re gonna get into Yale?
他真觉得你能进耶鲁
Yes.
对啊
Really? That’s amazing.
真的啊 太好了
I mean, I knew you had good grades and I…
我知道你成绩还可以
you know, I always thought you were a genius,
知道吗 我一直都觉得你是一天才
but I just…
可没成想
That’s so awesome, Troy.
老铁 真的太6了
But we’re not, um, visiting Yale.
不过我们没打算去耶鲁啊
Uh, yeah, I don’t really want to go to Yale.
嗯 其实我也没打算去耶鲁
Why not?
为啥啊
Um… well, I’m hoping that I get into Harvard,
我是想着去哈佛来着
’cause there’s this, uh, there’s this music professor there,
那边有 有个教音乐的教授
this guy, Jerome Backaly,
杰罗姆·贝克利
and he’s doing, like, a lot of really cool stuff and…
他研究的东西都相当不错的
Yeah, it’s just a really cool program.
反正就是个不错的项目
My, uh, friend from school,
我有个校友
she says that there’s a concert Wednesday night
跟我说礼拜四晚上有场音乐会
that she’s playing, and he might be there, so…
她要去演奏 教授可能也会去 所以
S…
所…
You’re going to Harvard.
所以你要上哈佛了
Well, maybe. You know, I don’t know.
说不准吧 有可能
Does your mother know about this?
你老妈知道吗
Well, she knows I want to. I…
她知道我想去
I can’t believe… I didn’t know about this.
简直了 我都不知道这事
What do you mean? You knew that we were coming here.
什么 你不是知道我们要来吗
I knew we were checking out the school,
我知道咱们要去看学校
but I didn’t know you were actually gonna get in.
不过没想到你真的能进啊
Well, I might not get in.
我也可能进不去
But it seems like you might.
但是看起来有机会啊
Well, yeah, I might.
是 确实可能

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!