With you, I thought I could really and truly be free.
跟你一起 我以为我终于真的自♥由♥了
But coming back here, it’s like a thread,
可回到这儿来 就像有条线
an invisible thread drawing you back, inch by inch,
一条看不见的线 一寸寸地把你带回去
until all of a sudden, you’re a child again.
直到突然间 你又变成个孩子了
And that voice inside your head,
那声音一直在你脑海里回响
the one that Mummy planted all those years ago in the nursery,
很多年前在幼儿园时
every night in the nursery, filling your head with it.
妈妈每晚都往我脑子里灌输的声音
And the voice is telling you, whispering,
那声音告诉你 小声说
“wicked little Julia, bad little girl, living in sin.”
“邪恶的小Julia 坏姑娘 活在罪恶中”
And here I am again with you, living in sin.
现在我和你在一起 还是在罪恶里
It’s over. It’s over now.
结束了 已经结束了
Everything set? – That’s everything, sir.
所有东西都在了? – 所有东西都在了 先生
Thank you, wilcox. – Best of luck, sir.
谢谢Wilcox – 祝你好运 先生
Who’s that?
那是谁?
Go back. Turn around. I have to go back.
回去 掉头 我得回去
Staff, immediately! – Yes, sir.
马上就到了! – 是 先生
Come on, quickly now!
快点 快啊!
I’ll help with that.
我来帮您
Come on, hurry! – Yes, sir.
来 快点! – 好的 先生
Shall I help, Tompkins? – Hurry!
我能帮您吗Tompkins先生? – 快点!
The sedan chair. – Right, very gently. Very gently.
轿子呢 – 对 要轻 轻轻地
Hurry. – Get a move with the chair.
快点 – 拿把椅子来
Come along, come along.
过来 过来
Somebody got the rug?
有人拿毯子了吗?
Up. Gently.
起 轻点儿
Clear the stairs, please. – Could I have the medical bag?
清了楼梯 – 我能拿救护包吗?
Father! – Dear Julia.
父亲! – 亲爱的Julia
Come on, please. Come on!
走啊 拜托 走吧!
I’m sorry, I was to call,
很抱歉 我本要提前电♥话♥通知你的
but we have been traveling without a stop for three days.
可我们连赶了三天路
It was Cordelia, she was visiting us in Venice…
是Cordelia 在威尼斯时她来拜访我们…
What happened? We want the bed ready
发生什么事了? – 我们要赶快
as soon as possible.
准备好床
His heart. Some long word at the heart.
心脏的问题 由来已久了
Hurry up.
快点儿
He’s dying.
他快不行了
He has come home to die.
准备在家终老
Come on, everybody, that’s it. Chop-chop.
加把劲儿 大伙儿 对了 快点儿 快点儿
Come along.
过来
We must get Lord Marchmain to the great dining room.
我们要把Marchmain伯爵 抬到最大的饭厅里
Thank you.
谢谢
He’s sleeping.
他睡着了
Do you think we should let Sebastian know?
你觉得我们该不该通知Sebastian?
You could, but I doubt he’d come.
可以 但我怀疑他不会来
The last I heard of him, he was still struggling rather.
上一次我听到他消息时 他还在挣扎呢
The monks have him as a porter in the hospital in Morocco.
修道士在摩洛哥一家医院里 把他当门童收留着
He seems to like it.
他挺满意的
I think they’ve rather taken him under their wing, dear old thing.
我觉得他们宁愿让他活在他们的羽翼下 上帝啊
Still, salvation of a sort.
也算是个拯救他的办法
Bridey, you need to call for a priest.
Bridey 你得去找神父
I’ll have a word with Father Mackay about dropping in this evening.
我会约Mackay神父今晚去找他
Julia, your father doesn’t want a priest.
Julia你父亲不想要神父
All he wants is to die in his old home.
他唯一的愿望就是死在自己家里
Our father’s soul, all sinners’ souls, face mortal danger.
我们父亲的灵魂 所有罪人的灵魂 都终将面临一死
It is our duty as Catholics to see that we do all in our power
作为天主教♥徒♥ 竭尽所能拯救我们所爱的人
to save those we love from themselves.
是我们的义务
Hateful woman.
可恶的妇人
She wants me dead.
她想我死
What about you?
你呢?
Do you want me dead? – No.
你想我死吗? – 不
You know the family are sending for a priest.
你知道你家人去请神父了
They seem determined to drag God into it.
看来他们是坚定了要把上帝拉进来
Why should you care?
你为什么那么关心?
You don’t believe in God.
你不信上帝
You said so yourself.
你自己说的
Have you suddenly become my conscience?
你突然间变成我肚里的虫了吗?
I’ve already seen Sebastian ruined by God.
我已经看着Sebastian被上帝毁了
I don’t see why I should watch it happen again with your daughter.
我不知道为何要看着同样的事 发生在你女儿身上
How very caring of you.
真有同情心啊
You forget, I was there.
你忘了 我在场的
I watched that woman crucify my son,
我眼睁睁看着那个女人折磨我儿子
little by little, and I was silent.
一点儿一点儿的 但我选择了沉默
What does that say about me?
上帝要怎么说我呢?
You’re not responsible for what she did.
你不会为她所做的事负责
But are we not also our brother’s keeper?
可我们不都是自己兄弟的守护吗?
You, Charles, and me?
你Charles 还有我?
I let Sebastian down.
我让Sebastian失望了
I let everyone down.
我让所有人都失望了
This way, sir.
这边走 先生
Dear, no, that’s too many!
亲爱的 不行 人太多了!
Papa… – Your father needs to rest!
爸爸… – 你父亲需要休息!
Get him away. – I’ve brought Father Mackay to see you.
让他走 – 我把Mackay神父请来见您了
Get him away! Get him away! – Out!
让他走! 让他走! – 出去!
Everybody out! Out! Out!
所有人都出去! 出去! 出去!
I’m so sorry, Father. – Not at all. Give him time.
对不起 神父 – 没关系 给他点时间
I’ve known worse cases make beautiful deaths.
我见过更糟的情况 最终都去得很平静
What were you talking to my father about?
你跟我父亲谈了什么?
He doesn’t want a priest.
他不想要神父来
Please, Charles.
求你了 Charles
Please don’t interfere with matters that don’t concern you.
请你不要干涉与你无关的事
Julia…
啊 Julia…
Let’s get out of here.
咱们离开这儿吧
We’ll go to Italy.
咱们去意大利
Capri. – I can’t leave now, my father’s dying.
卡普里岛 – 我现在不能走 我父亲就快不行了
When this is over, I can make you happy.
等这些都过去了 我就能让你快乐了
Why should I believe you? – Believe me.
我为什么要相信你? – 相信我
You just bought me from Rex.
你刚从Rex手里买♥♥走了我
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢?
According to you, I’m worth two pictures.
照你来说 我值两幅画
I thought I’d fetch at least three.
我以为我至少值三幅呢
Don’t be ridiculous.
别那么可笑了
That was Rex. – You agreed to it, Charles.
是Rex的主意 – 你同意了 Charles
I had no choice! – You agreed!
我没有选择! – 你同意了!
I thought I was doing the right thing.
我以为这么做是对的
I thought I was doing what you wanted.
我以为你希望我这么做
No, you thought you were getting me and the house, together.
不 你以为你能得到我 也能得到宅子
Is that really what you think? – You tell me. Please, tell me.
你真的是这么想的吗? – 你告诉我 求你了 告诉我
What does Charles Ryder really want?
Charles Ryder到底想要什么?
Can you imagine what it was like for me to be invited into Brideshead?
你能想象我被邀请 来布赖兹赫德庄园是什么感觉吗?
Me,

Charles Ryder,
我Charles Ryder
“the painter from Paddington,” as your mother so sweetly put it.
“帕丁顿的画家” 照你母亲所说的
There was no humiliation I would not have endured
我不需要承受任何的羞辱
just to be part of that dream.
而是正如我梦想的一样
And your mother, that woman is more alive now than she ever was.
而你母亲 现在却比以往任何时候 都更有生命力
She’s in every brick, every stone, every slate.
每块砖 每颗石 每片瓦 都是她
Sebastian was right.
Sebastian是对的
We should run away.
我们应该跑得远远的
Why did you bring me here? – We can still leave.
你为什么要带我来? – 我们还能走
Bridey… – Don’t interfere, Charles.
Bridey… – 别管闲事 Charles
Now, try and remember your sins and tell God you’re sorry.
现在 努力回想你犯过的罪恶 向主诉说你的忏悔
I’m going to give you absolution now.
我现在要赦免你
And while I’m giving it,
在赦免的过程中
I want you to tell God you’re sorry you offended him,
你要跟主说 抱歉冒犯了他
and then I want you to make a sign, if you can.
然后我要你划个十字 如果可以的话
Amen. – Amen.
阿门 – 阿门
Amen.
阿门
Please, God, please, if you’re there, forgive him.
求你 主 求你 如果你在 请你宽恕他
Forgive me. Oh, God, forgive me. Let him have a sign.
宽恕我 哦主啊 宽恕我 让他划个十字吧
Sebastian used to loathe this painting.
Sebastian很讨厌这副画

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!