Either you are an artist or you are not. – Hear, hear.
要么你天生就是 或者天生不是 – 听听
Then I am. – Interesting.
那我天生就是 – 有趣
You have about you a distinct hint of the pragmatic.
你有一套独特的实用主义理论
What do you want to be an artist for? I mean, what’s the point of it?
你要当艺术家干嘛? 我是说 有什么意义?
Why don’t you just buy a bloody camera
你干嘛不去买♥♥个该死的照相机
and take a bloody photograph and stop giving yourself airs?
去拍些该死的照片而不要来摆架子?
That’s what I want to know! – That’s it, go it, Boy!
那就是我想知道的! – 就这样 接着说啊 小子!
I don’t give myself airs. – Yes, you do.
我没有摆架子 – 有 你有
And, anyway, you haven’t answered my question.
无论如何 你还没回答我的问题呢
Come on! Answer!
快点! 回答吧!
Answer, answer, answer, answer… – Yes.
回答 回答 回答 回答… – 是啊
Answer, answer, answer, answer…
回答 回答 回答 回答…
Because a camera is a mechanical device
因为照相机只是个机器
which records a moment in time,
它只能记录一个瞬间
but not what that moment means or the emotions that it evokes.
但并不能表达出那一瞬间的所思所感
Whereas a painting, however imperfect it may be,
然而画画 或许它并不完美
is an expression of feeling.
但却能表达一种感受
An expression of love.
表达爱
Not just a copy of something.
而不是简单的复♥制♥景象
And who on earth do you think cares about your feelings?
你觉得在这世上有谁会在乎你的感受?
I do.
我会
Boy, you’re an oaf. Behave yourself.
你这个呆子 给我规矩些
To art and love.
敬艺术和爱
To art and love!
敬艺术和爱!
We’d just arrived in his rooms, then, without even a, “By your leave,”
我们刚到他房♥间 甚至还没说声”请勿见怪”
the Lord Flyte pokes his head through the window and vomits.
就见Flyte大人一头撞开窗户 呕吐起来
Ground floor rooms, you see. Poor Charles may never recover.
一楼的房♥间 你瞧 可怜的Charles到现在还没恢复过来呢
Morning, Jasper. – Morning.
早上好 Jasper – 早上好
RUGB Y Two tries out of you today…
你今天得踢上个两局…
Charles. You’re to come away at once!
Charles 你得马上离开!
I’ve got a basket of strawberries and a bottle of Chateau Peyraguey,
我有一篮子草莓和一瓶上好的葡萄酒
which isn’t a wine you’ve ever tasted, so don’t pretend.
那可是你没尝过的好酒 你可别装了啊
It’s heaven with strawberries.
那可是草莓的天堂
Just the place to bury a crock of gold.
这可真是个埋藏黄金的好地方
I should like to bury something precious
我愿意在我所有曾开心过的地方
in every place where I’ve been happy.
都埋下值得珍藏的东西
And, then, when I was old and ugly and miserable,
然后等我变的又老又丑又可怜的时候
I could come back and dig it up and remember.
再回来把他们都挖出来慢慢回忆
Come along, Charles. There’s someone I want you to meet.
跟我来 Charles 我带你去见一个人
Is this where you live? – It’s where my family live.
你住这? – 我家人住这
Don’t worry, you won’t have to meet them.
别担心 你不必见他们
Oh, but I should like to. – You can’t. They’re away.
噢 但我愿意见见他们 – 不行 他们都不在
Everything’s shut up. We better go this way.
那的门都关了 走这边
Keep up.
快跟上
Charles. Charles.
Charles啊 Charles啊
Well, this is a surprise! How lovely to see you.
真是个惊喜! 见到你真高兴
Meet my new chum, Charles.
见见我的新室友 Charles
Charles, this is Nanny Hawkins. This is who I wanted you to meet.
Charles 这是我的奶妈Hawkins 这就是我想让你见的人
I don’t think I know you, do I? – How do you do?
我想我还没见过你吧 是吗? – 您好吗?
Your friend has charming manners. What family are you from, Charles?
你的朋友真的风度翩翩啊 你是哪个家族的 Charles?
No family. I mean, no one important. – Charles is an artist.
没有 我是说 他们都不是什么名人 – Charles是一个艺术家
He’s going to paint me. – How jolly.
他要画我 – 真高兴
You’ve come at just the right time.
你来的真是时候
Lady Marchmain’s on her way up from London.
Marchmain女士正从伦敦来这的路上
It’s the Conservative women’s Tea.
这是女性们守旧的下午茶时间
They always turn out for Brideshead.
他们总是在这时候来Brideshead
I’m afraid we may have to miss them, Nanny.
恐怕我们要错过他们了 奶妈
Your mother will be disappointed.
你妈妈会失望的
I’m sure Her Ladyship would want to meet…
我保证她的那些朋友们想见…
Can’t be done, I’m afraid. Got to get back or we’ll be gated.
恐怕真的不行 走吧 要不我们就要被锁起来了
I pray for my dear Sebastian every day.
我每天都在为亲爱的Sebastian祈祷
Charles! – It was very nice to meet you.
Charles! – 见到你真高兴
Come along, Charles. – Couldn’t we just have a quick look?
快来 Charles – 我们不能观赏一下吗?
We’ve seen who we came for. We can go.
该看的我们都已经看了 该走了
Just a little look.
就看一会儿
Don’t be such a tourist, Charles.
别像个游客似的 Charles
If you’re that keen,
如果你那么想看
you can see it all for a shilling on Queen Alexandra’s Day.
你可以在亚历山德拉皇后时期的 先令上看到他们全部
God, I loathe that painting!
天呐 我恨那些油画!
I could show you the chapel, I suppose, if we’re quick.
如果我们够快的话 我想我可以带你去看礼拜堂
What did you do that for?
你为什么这么做?
You’re not Catholic, are you? – No.
你又不是天主教♥徒♥ 不是吗? – 是的 我不是
I was just trying to fit in. – Well, don’t.
我只是想要入乡随俗 – 不必
Come on, come on!
快点 快点!
Sorry, I’m afraid I don’t have the knack.
对不起 恐怕我不知道该怎么弄
Charles, what are you doing?
Charles 你在干什么?
Car. Now.
车 好了
Who was that in the car with your mother?
和你妈妈一起坐在车里的是谁?
My sister. – What’s she like?
我妹妹 – 她是个怎么样的人?
For goodness sake, Charles,
看在上帝的份上 别问了 Charles
I don’t keep asking you questions about your family.
我都没有一直问关于你家的事
But I’ve never asked you anything before.
但我之前从未问过
You’re so inquisitive.
你真是太好奇了
Well, you’re so mysterious about them.
关于他们 你总是这么神秘
I hoped I was mysterious about everything.
我希望对于一切我都是如此神秘
Why don’t you want me to meet your family?
为什么你不想我见你的家人呢?
Who are you ashamed of, them or me?
你说为他们而感到丢脸还是为我?
Don’t be so vulgar, Charles.
别那么庸俗 Charles
I’m not having you mixed up with my family. You’re my friend.
我不想把你和我的家人混为一谈 你是我的朋友
I don’t have a family.
我没有家族
You have me.
你有我
Sebastian and Charles, contra mundum.
Sebastian和Charles 一起对抗世界
Contra mundum.
一起对抗世界
Father?
爸爸?
Father?
爸爸?
Back already? – Term’s over.
回来了? – 学期已经结束了
So soon?
这么快?
Thank you.
谢谢
Father, I have to leave at once! – Oh, yes?
爸爸 我得马上走! – 哦 是吗?
A great friend of mine has had a terrible accident.
我的好朋友发生事故了
I must go to him. – May I?
我得去看他 – 我能看看吗?
“Gravely injured. Come at once. Sebastian.”
“重伤 请速归 Sebastian”
I’m sorry you’re upset.
我真感到抱歉 你是如此的不安
Reading this message,
但从这条电报上看
I would say that the accident was not as serious as you seem to suggest
我想你的朋友并没有 如纸上写的伤得那么严重
or it would not have been signed by the victim himself.
否则就不会让他这个病号♥亲自署名了
Still, of course, he may well be fully conscious, but horribly paralyzed.
当然了 他也可能是意识清醒 但身体却瘫痪了
Remind me. Why is your presence necessary?
告诉我 为什么你必须得去?
I told you, he’s a great friend.
我说了 他是我的好朋友
Well, I shall miss you, my boy, but don’t hurry back on my account.
好吧 我会想你的 我的孩子 但别为了我急忙赶回来
Take your bag, sir?
你的包 先生
Excuse me!
等一下!
Are you Charles Ryder?
你是Charles Ryder吗?
Yes. Sorry. Hello.
是的 抱歉 你是
I’m Julia, Sebastian’s sister. I’ve been sent to pick you up.
我是Julia Sebastian的妹妹 我是来接你的
Hop in, Mr. Ryder.
上来吧 Ryder先生
Case in the back. – Sorry, yes.
箱子放后面 – 对不起 好
How’s Sebastian?
Sebastian怎么样了?
He’s fine. – Fine?
他很好 – 很好?
Did he tell you he was dying?
他是不是告诉你他快死了?
Well, I thought… His message said…
我想… 他电报上说…
I expect he thought you wouldn’t come if you knew.
我想他是认为如果你知道真♥相♥的话 就不会来了
He’s not badly hurt, then?
他伤的不重 是吗?
He cracked a bone in his foot so small it hasn’t even got a name.
他脚上一根不知叫什么的小骨头断了
How did it happen? – Playing croquet.
怎么会这样? – 玩门球弄的
I must admit, I did think it was a little queer,
我承认 我原来还以为你是个同性恋
you traveling all this way for a croquet injury.
赶这么远的路就是为了看一个玩 门球受伤的人
I don’t mind. It’s wonderful to be here again.
我不介意 能再来这真好
Is it? Why?
是吗? 为什么?
Well, it’s such a beautiful house, for one thing.
那是座漂亮的房♥子 就为了这个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!