Would you do that, Mr. Ryder? – I’d be delighted.
可以吗Ryder先生? – 乐意至极
I think Brideshead’s the most beautiful house I’ve ever seen.
我觉得布赖兹赫德庄园是我所见过 最漂亮的房♥子
It’s utterly magical. – How kind you are.
让人不可思议 – 你真客气
Summer at Brideshead.
在布赖兹赫德庄园过夏天
Mr. Ryder must stay with us for the rest of the vacation.
Ryder先生剩下的假期 都必须和我们待在一起
As a matter of fact, I’ve just heard from Papa.
事实上 我刚收到爸爸的来信
He wants me to go and see him in Venice. And Julia.
他希望我和Julia到威尼斯去见他
I see.
知道了
And do you intend to accept this invitation?
你打算接受这次邀请?
Yes. Why not?
是的 为什么不呢?
What about you, Julia? Will you be going?
你呢Julia? 你也去吗?
I’d like to.
我愿意去
Wouldn’t you rather stay at Brideshead?
你不愿意留在布赖兹赫德庄园吗?
Well, yes, if you want me to.
也行 如果你想让我留下
You must not neglect your duty. – No, Mother.
你不能忽略你的责任 – 不 母亲
I think we might spend a little time in the chapel after dinner.
我想饭后我们会在礼拜堂待会
Would you join us, Mr. Ryder? – Thank you.
你要一起来吗Ryder先生? – 谢谢
You do know Charles is an atheist?
你知道Charles是无神论者?
An agnostic, surely.
肯定是位不可知论者
Actually, no.
事实上 不是
But you’ll join us, anyway, out of curiosity.
但无论如何 出于好奇心 你会跟我们一起
Thank you.
谢谢
No Sebastian? – No, Mummy.
Sebastian不来? – 不 妈妈
Charles, are you really an atheist?
Charles你真是位无神论者吗?
Yes, I am. – How awful for you.
是的 我是 – 那真是很糟糕
I’ll put you on my prayer list.
我会把你放到我的祈祷名单上
I have a long list of people I pray for, including six black Cordelias in Africa.
我会为一长串人祈祷 包括6个名叫Cordelias的非洲黑人
It’s a new thing. You send five bob to some nuns in Africa,
新事物 你给在非洲修女五先令
and they christen a baby after you.
她们会在给婴儿洗礼时 以你的名字给他们命名
Right.
没错
Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
愿你的旨意行在地上如同行在天上
Give us this day our daily bread,
赐予我们日用的饮食
and forgive us our trespasses
免我们的债
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
如同我们免了人的债
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
不叫我们遇见试探 救我们脱离凶恶
Amen.
阿门
Have you ever been to Venice, Mr. Ryder?
你有没去过威尼斯Ryder先生?
No. No, I haven’t.
不 不 没去过
Every ambitious young man should visit Venice.
每个充满雄心壮志的年轻人 都该去威尼斯看看
It makes one sound more complete.
让人更完整
I was thinking, if Sebastian were to go,
我在想 如果Sebastian要去
it might be a good thing if you were to accompany him.
有你的陪伴会不错
He needs someone plausible by his side.
他需要个能说会道的人在身边
I gather last time he was there, he was befriending some very odd types.
我想起他上次在这时 和一些古怪的人成了朋友
It’s youthful high spirits, I understand,
我理解这种年轻气傲精神
but in the end, we must all accept God’s limits.
但是到最后 我们都得接受上帝的限制
Atheist, or no.
无神论者 也许不
I know I can rely on you.
我知道我可以依靠你
You seem to me a very reliable young man.
你像是个非常可靠的年轻人
San Giovanni e Paolo. – Oh, dear.
圣约翰与保罗教堂 – 哦 亲爱的
I can see you’re going to be impossibly curious.
我就知道你是个好奇宝宝
By the way, I should warn you. Our lovely father is rather a scoundrel.
顺便 我得警告你 我们可爱的爸爸是个恶棍
He lives in one of the palazzos with Cara.
他和Cara住在其中一座府邸
Who’s Cara? – His mistress.
Cara是谁? – 他情妇
Poor Papa’s rather shunned by society.
可怜的爸爸 大家都回避他
Not the Italians, of course. They adore him.
当然意大利人不会 他们崇拜他
Santa Maria dei Miracoli. – I know. I’ve seen the postcard.
米拉科利圣玛丽亚教堂 – 我知道 我在明信片上见过
My dear boy! – Darling, Papa.
我亲爱的孩子! – 亲爱的 爸爸.
You look so young! – Do you think so?
你看起来真年轻! – 真的吗?
I’ve taken to playing tennis at the Lido with a professional.
我在利多和一位职业选手打网球
Cara thinks I’m getting far too fat.
Cara觉得我长得越来越胖
Julia, come here.
Julia来
Father. – My child.
父亲 – 我的孩子
I wasn’t sure if you’d come. – Mummy gave me her blessing.
我都不确定你来不来 – 妈妈给我她的祝福
Blessed by your mother. What a saint that woman is.
你母亲的祝福 那女人还真虔诚
You know, I used to try everything to please her.
你知道 我以前为了讨好她什么事都做了
Julia, this is your friend, Mr. Ryder?
Julia Ryder先生是你的朋友?
Charles is my friend, Papa. – I see.
Charles是我朋友 爸爸 – 知道了
Delighted. – How do you do, sir?
很高兴见到你 – 您好 先生?
Welcome to Venice. – Here’s Cara. Now we can eat.
欢迎来到威尼斯 – 这是Cara 我们可以开饭了
Come along now. This way.
一起来 这边走
Don’t look so greedy. It won’t go away.
别看得这么痴迷 又不会跑了
Sorry.
对不起
I wasn’t sure you’d come to Venice.
我不确定你也会到威尼斯来
Your father seemed pleased to see you.
你♥爸♥爸看到你似乎很高兴
I’m not sure Father cares much if I come.
我不知道爸爸在不在乎我来了
He’d probably be just as happy if it was only Sebastian.
也许就算只有Sebastian来 他也很高兴吧
They adore each other. They’re alike in so many ways.
他们非常喜欢彼此 他们有很多相似之处
Who are you like? – Me?
你像谁呢? – 我?
Oh.

Nobody.
谁都不像
I’m the family shadow.
我是家族的影子
Drinks.
喝点去
Julia. – Cara.
Julia – Cara啊
Mr. Ryder, Sebastian tells me you are a painter.
Ryder先生 Sebastian告诉我 你是个画家
Charles is an artist. – Good.
Charles是个艺术家 – 很好
Well, then I will show you all the great art of Canaletto and Veronese.
那我带你到处去看看卡纳雷托 和维纳斯的伟大作品
He never goes anywhere. Such a philistine.
他哪里也不去 真是庸民
I don’t mind the art. It’s religion I can’t stand.
我不反对艺术 我只是不能忍♥受宗教
The Italians seem unable to paint anything half decent
意大利人好像如果不把基♥督♥将死画进去
without putting Christ dying in it.
就画不出什么得体的画
Of course, your mother loved Italy.
当然 你母亲喜欢意大利
A pieta on every street corner. – Don’t be cruel.
圣母得子图满大街都是 – 别这么刻薄
On the contrary, she’d be flattered. God was always her first love.
相反的 她会非常高兴 上帝总是她的初恋
Mummy loves all of us equally. – Come now, Julia.
妈妈平等地爱着我们每个人 – 得了Julia
You were the one who walked away!
你才是那个离开我们的人!
What must you think of us, Mr. Ryder?
你对我们有什么看法 Ryder先生?
A family of monsters, are we not? – No, not at all.
一屋怪物 是不是? – 不 完全不
I lost my mother when I was young.
我小时候失去了妈妈
Tell me, Mr. Ryder, as an artist, what did you make of Brideshead?
告诉我Ryder先生 作为艺术家 你对布赖兹赫德庄园有什么看法?
I thought it was magnificent.
我觉得它很高贵华丽
You think that? Really?
你真的是这样想?
And now, here you are in Venice.
而现在 你在威尼斯
What a lot of temptations.
多少诱惑啊!
He walks for two hours every day. He wants to be immortal.
他每天散2个小时的步 他想流芳百世
But he’s quite fragile, you know, inside.
但他又极其脆弱 你知道的 内心
That woman nearly suffocated him.
那女人差点让他窒息
She’s been very kind to me. – Oh, yes. I’m sure. But you will see.
她对我很好 – 哦是的 我肯定 但是你以后会知道的
Well, just look at her children.
只要看看她的孩子们
Even when they were tiny, in the nursery,
即使当他们还很小 在育儿院时
they must do what she want them to do,
他们就得对她言听计从
be what she want them to be.
成为她所希望的人
Only then, would she love them.
只有这样 她才会爱他们
It’s not Lady Marchmain’s fault. Her God has done that to her.
这不是Marchmain女士的错 是她的上帝使她成这样
But surely you’re Catholic, too?
但我肯定你也是天主教♥徒♥?
Yes, but a different sort.
是的 但是是不同种类的
It’s different in Italy. Not so much guilt.
在意大利是不同的 没那么多罪过
We do what the heart tell us, and then we go to confession.
我们随心所欲 然后去忏悔
Sebastian loves you very much, I think.
我觉得Sebastian非常爱你
LORD There you are.
你们在这啊
They’re very good, these romantic English friendships,
他们非常好 这些英国人之间 罗曼蒂克的友谊
if they don’t go on too long.
如果不持续很久的话
For you, it’s just a, how do you say, “a phase”?
对你而言 这只是 怎么说来的 一个阶段?
But I think it’s more than that for poor Sebastian.
但我想对可怜的Sebastian来说 肯定不止这些
Tread carefully, Mr. Ryder.
小心处理 Ryder先生
Come on.

Hello. – No! No!
哈罗 – 别! 别!
Got you.
找到你了
Can’t sleep. – Try pajamas.
睡不着 – 试睡衣
I enjoyed the beach today. I hope I wasn’t too rough.
今天在海滩上玩的很高兴 我希望我不是太粗鲁

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!