That’s worth a Reader’s Digest. Increase your word power.
这值得来本读者文摘 增加你的认字能力
– I got a new one today: pragmatist. – Good word.
-我今天新学了一个字 实用主义 -好词
If I set the traps, could I live here?
如果我去安装陷阱 我能住在这里吗
– It’s a consideration. – Take me with you?
-可以考虑 -等时机到后你会带我走
Frankly, it’s a tossup now between you and Dainty.
说实话 你和丹帝机会各半
Take me!
带我吧
Give me a good reason I should.
给我一个应该带你走的理由
I’m your friend.
因为我是你的朋友
– Chow truck’s here. – Mr. Maxton keeps my place.
-伙伕的卡车来了 -麦先生替我留位子了
They cut the bloody rations!
他们把配给减少了
Don’t worry. I’ll get yours.
放心 麦先生 我替你拿
You’re just like your father.
杰米 你就像你父亲
They cut our rations in half!
他们把我的配给减半了
I’ll get ours. You sit down.
我去拿我们的份 你坐下
You cut the bloody rations! You cut them!
他们减少了我们的配给
I’ve got yours, Mr. Maxton.
你的份我拿了 麦先生
I’ve got some! I’ve got some!
我拿到一些
Hello, everybody.
大家好
– Sit there. – Eat it up, please.
-坐那里 -请吃吧
The rations have been cut. They’re like animals.
他们减少配给了 他们像禽兽
82 83 84…
82,83,84…
87 weevils today, Mr. Victor.
87 今天是87只虫 维先生
That’s above average, but the trend is down.
高于平均数 但有下降趋势了
– Must you, Jim? – Sorry.
-一定要这样吗 杰米? -抱歉
Some of us will die just before we’re saved, so use everything.
在获救前两天死亡 所以物尽其用
– You’ll miss this camp after the war. – Will I?
-大战结束后 你会怀念这里 -是吗
I’ll locate my parents when the people in the camps come out.
我必须联络我父母
I’ll tell my father how you looked after me.
我会告诉我父亲你很照顾我
Can I get the reward?
我会有奖赏吗
– What reward? – You told everyone.
-什么奖赏 -你对每个人都说过
I was much younger then.
我那时候比较小
Why’d the Japanese close the school?
维太太 日本人为何关闭学校
To punish the grownups.
因为他们要处罚成年人
I wonder how you’ll take to school in England.
真不知道战争结束后 你在英国该如何适应上学
It might be a bit strange.
也许会有点奇怪
The best teacher’s the university of life.
不过最好的老师就是生活导师
For heaven’s.
行行好
Could we finish our meal? We know your views on the university of life.
让我们吃完饭 我们听过你对生活大学的高见了
We should eat the weevils.
但我们应把所有的虫都吃掉
Yes, I know. Dr. Rawlins told you.
我知道 罗大夫告诉你的
– He said we need the protein. – Yes, Dr. Rawlins was right.
-他说我们需要蛋白质 -罗大夫说的没错
We should eat all the weevils.
我们应该吃虫
Do you believe in vitamins?
维太太 你相信维他命吗
Strange child.
奇怪的小孩
Perhaps it’s time you moved into the men’s dormitory.
也许你该搬去单身男子宿舍
You’re not 12 anymore.
你已不止12岁了
The Americans are over antao again.
美军又往南通推进了
They’re bombing the Shanghai docks!
他们在轰炸上海码头
Coney Island pilots.
这些康尼岛的飞行员
– What was that? – A 29 going down.
-那是什么 -B29轰炸机扔炸♥弹♥
– A 200- pounder. – That was close.
-听起来有200磅重 -好近
– Too close for Nagata. – He won’t go like that.
-离中国太近了 -他不会喜欢的
What’s happening, doctor?
怎么了 医生
Reprisals, and damned silly it is too.
是报复 也十分愚蠢 维太太
– Keep the patients from the windows. – Yes, doctor.
-吉太太 要所有的病人远离窗户 -是 医生
Get away from here! This is British food! Leave it alone!
离开这里 这是英国食物 别碰
This is our food. Get away!
这是我们的食物 走开
Guards!
警卫
Mines. That was a mine. I told you.
地雷 是地雷 我告诉过你
Somebody lobbed a grenade.
有人丢了手榴弹
Say, Basie, I bet he hits a mine.
贝西 我敢说他是碰到地雷
I bet you there are no mines.
我敢说没有地雷
You can walk right through.
你可以大大方方 走过那围网离开
You got a bet.
咱们赌定了
So far so good.
到目前为止还不错
He’s seen something.
他看见东西了
Jim’s a black cat.
杰米是头九命怪猫
That’s a dead boy, Basie. I’ll give you odds.
他死定了 贝西 我给好赌注
My harmonica…
我的口琴
and my next meal against your wristwatch.
和下一餐 赌你的手表
You’re on, my friend.
我赌了 朋友
I double my bet. My next two meals.
我加倍注 赌我的下两餐
– You’ll lose a lot of weight. – What else you betting?
-你会减轻很多体重 -不会的
– My Life. – Who’s on the cover?
-“生活”杂♥志♥ -封面是谁?
– Two cigarettes on the kid! – Sunglasses on agata!
-押小孩两支烟 -阿加塔太阳眼镜
Keep going, sarge!
继续 士官 加油
– The lucky kid. – Cleaned me out.
-幸运小子 -我输光了
– Hello, Jim. – Hello, ina.
-杰米 -尼娜
– Would you like a Hershey bar? – Yes.
-你喜欢棒棒糖吗? -喜欢
So would I, kid. You got one?
我也一样 你有吗
Don’t let me down, kid. You’re an American now.
别令我失望 小鬼 你现在是美国人了
How you doing, Frank?
你好吗 法兰克
The river’s east. You can go up the bank or up the middle…
小河朝西 我们可以往岸上走
or go north of east, but you gotta go across canals.
或偷小船往河中♥央♥朝北走
It doesn’t say if it’s buildings or what.
但那样必须渡过几条运河 不确定是不是有稻田什么的
Where’d you get a map?
你哪儿弄来的地图
It’s a cork and needle?
你用软木盖和针做的
– A compass that actually works. – Put it down.
-你喜欢吧? 这罗盘真的能用 -放下
– Is it time? – No, I’ll tell you when.
-贝西 时机到了吗? -不 时机到了我会告诉你
– You won’t forget? – Fat chance.
你不会忘记 -不可能
I almost feel human.
我开始感觉像人了
Without me, you’d have no compass.
贝西 没有我你不会有罗盘
No, without you I wouldn’t have the needle.
不 杰米 没有你我就没有针 没有我就不会有罗盘
The best way is across the river.
最好的办法就是渡河
Jim, the curtain.
杰米 布帘
Jim, come here.
杰米 过来
You’re in charge of my stuff.
我的东西由你保管
You see this mosquito net?
看到这个蚊帐了吗
See?
看到了吗
What does that tell you?
它告诉了你什么
Rawlins is on the take.
罗林受贿赂
– You’re so clever, Basie. – Yeah.
-你真聪明 贝西 -是吗
Only cost me two batteries.
只花了我两个电池
How are you feeling?
你觉得如何
I’ve had worse.
我有过更糟的经验
I was beaten by a stoker once.
我被炉司打过一次
Were you a stoker?
你是煤工吗
Ship’s steward. Shanghai- Frisco line.
商船服务生 上海旧金山航线
Why did he beat you?
他为何打你
Shanghai- Frisco will be the trip now. Huh, Jim?
真希望搭乘这航线 对不对 杰米
Basie, where do you live?
贝西 你住哪里
Here.
这里
No, I mean after the war.
不 我是指战后
Somewhere else.
别的地方
Until you find a place, you could live at Amherst Avenue.
在你找到地方之前 你可以住艾姆荷斯大道
I’d like you to come and meet my parents.
我要你来见见我父母
We could fill up the pool…
我们可以把游泳池填满水
and we’ll eat three times a day.
一天吃三顿饭
You’re not feeling sorry for me, are you?
你不会是在可怜我吧
– No one feels sorry for you, Basie. – That’s right.
-没人可怜你 贝西 -对
– And you always eat first. – You said it, kid.
你会先吃 -说的对 小鬼
I’ve been thinking about going upriver.
我在想 到河上游去
I know.
我知道
Listen…
听着
The plan is, we’re going to get a sampan.
计划是弄个船板划到扬子江口
Take it up the Yangtze estuary. Rendezvous with some Hakka friends.
那边有我的朋友
Are they proper pirates, you mean?
你是说他们是海盗
Let’s just call them gentlemen of fortune, shall we?
我们叫他们财富绅士吧
Did you ever see…
你有见过
– the Hell Drivers in Shanghai? – Yes. On the news reels.
-上海的地狱车手吗 -当然有 我在新闻影片中

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章天鹅绒金矿
下一篇文章泰格 Tig
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!