我在珠峰大本营
Uh, I’m at Base Camp right now.
你从珠峰打来
You’re calling me from Everest?
是的 是用卫星电♥话♥ 宝贝
Yeah, it’s a satellite phone, honey.
天啊 那要花多少钱 你怎么了吗
Oh, my God, how much is that costing? What’s the problem?
我没事 佩琪
There is no problem, Peach.
抱歉 我们昨天都在第二营区
I’m sorry, we were up at Camp Two and
所以没能给你发传真
that’s why I didn’t send you a fax yesterday.
周年快乐 你好吗
Happy anniversary! Okay?
孩子们都好吗
How are the kids?
很好
Fine.
佩琪
Peach?
巴卜在我身旁…
Bub’s here
像往常一样在赶功课
doing his homework in the morning, as per usual.
你要跟他说话吗
You wanna say hi to him?
当然
Well, yeah, of course I do.
-等等 -好的
-Hang on. -Okay.
-打声招呼 -嘿 爸爸
-Say hi. -Hey, Dad!
-嗨 巴卜 -嗨
-Hi Bub. -Hi!
我想念你 老兄
I miss you, buddy.
还有梅格上周末第一次出去约会
Oh! And Meg went on her first date last weekend.
我没说错啊
Well, you did!
-哇 真的吗 -嗯
-Wow! Really? -Mmm-hmm.
-走开 -佩琪
-Get off! -Peach?
我想念你 宝贝
I miss you, honey.
妈妈
Mom? Mom?
我想念孩子们
I miss the kids.
非常挂念
A lot.
佩琪
Peach?
我得准备带孩子们上学了…
Listen, I gotta get the kids to school
不说了
so I gotta run.
-好的 -小心点
-Okay. -Yeah, go careful.
再见
Bye-bye.
爸爸没事吧
Is Dad okay?
他很少会打电♥话♥来
Just, he never calls.
我想他大概是感到害怕
I think he’s scared.
快进来 伙计
Here, come in, mate, come on!
-来嘛 -快来 贝克
-Come on. -Come on, Beck.
不跳舞就别想登山
You don’t dance, you don’t climb!
大家欢迎贝克·威瑟斯
Come on, guys, Beck Weathers!
不跳舞就别想登山
No dance, no climb! No dance, no climb!
在偷喝酒喔
Hey, man. Breaking into the rations?
是的 你要吗
Yeah, you want some?
不了 我登顶后再喝
No. I’ll wait till we summit.
那可说不定 尼尔
I don’t know about that, Neal.
我们一定会成功的
We’ll get there.
我很期待
I’m excited.
再说 我和阿纳托利都会协助你的 知道吗
Anyway, me and Anatoli are here to help you, you know?
大家都想拼个你死我活 托利
There’s too much competition, Toli.
我们不需要相互较劲
We don’t need competition between people.
每一个人都应该跟这座山竞争
There is competition between every person and this mountain.
生死由它决定
The last word always belongs to the mountain.
洛子峰 海拔7132米
-昂多吉 -干嘛
-Ang Dorjee. -Yeah?
贝克 留在原地
Stay there, Beck, stay there.
好的 我现在下来
Okay, I’m coming down!
哈罗德和麦克 我是罗布
Harold, Mike, this is Rob.
-我是麦克 -行不通了 伙计
-Mike here. -This isn’t happening, guys.
我们得绕回头…
Let’s turn ’em around,
下山回到大本营 往回走
let’s get ’em off the face and back down to Base Camp. Turn around.
昂多吉 快 我们得下去
Ang Dorjee, come on, we’re going down.
好的
Okay.
我的手
My hand.
好 再握紧拳头
Okay, make a fist again.
继续握紧让血液循环
Keep clenching, just keep the blood flowing.
发生什么事
What’s going on, man?
我们还在等南非人
We’re still waiting for the South Africans.
台♥湾♥人也迟迟未归
Taiwanese took forever as well.
嗨 伊恩 你还没付梯子的费用
Hey, Ian. You haven’t paid for these ladders.
知道啦 很快就会给你钱买♥♥牦牛
Yeah, yeah. Your Yak Fund money’s coming.
-你是说真的 -加油 动作快
-You serious, man? -Come on, get a move on.
你们在这里等多久了
How long you been waiting here?
-足足有45分钟了 -天啊 真冷
-Good 45 minutes. -Man, it’s freezing.
-对啊 -冷风刺骨吧
-Yeah. -It’s stinging, huh?
对 特别是在山顶的时候
Yeah. Right at the tips.
-罗布 叫他们快一点 -在催了
-Hey, Rob, we gotta get ’em over. -We’re working on it.
他冻僵了 伙计
He’s freezing, mate.
-你准备好了吗 -好了
-Are you set? -Clear.
-让他过来 麦克 -好的
-Sending him over, Mike! -Yeah, all right.
做得很好 贝克
Looking good, Beck.
很好
Looking good.
继续保持 不 把头抬起 伙计
That’s it. No, head up, mate, head up.
站稳脚跟
Steady yourself!
救我
Little help? Help! Help!
麦克 你还好吗
Mike, you good?
梯子能承受两个人的重量吗
Are these ladders gonna take two?
能 我拿绳子拴住你
Yeah, I’ll get a rope, I’ll belay you.
-待在那别动 贝克 -我没法把自己拉起来
-Just stay right where you are, mate. -I can’t pull myself up!
我这就来救你
I’m gonna come out to you.
-好的 -没事的 贝克
-Okay. -You’re good, Beck, you’re okay.
-弄好了 -好的 替我绑上 斯科特
-Got it for you. -Right, tie me in, Scott, tie me in.
快来救我
Come and get me!
-拴好了 -好了
-On belay? -Got it. On belay.
走吧
Let’s go.
我现在来救你 贝克
Right, I’m coming out to you, Beck. Here I come, mate.
别紧张 你有绳子拴住
Nice and easy, you’re tied in, mate.
-我的手麻了 -没事的
-I can’t feel my hands. -You’re looking good.
-抓住我 -贝克 贝克
-Grab me. -Beck, Beck, Beck.
-抓住我 -待着别动 伙计
-Grab me! -Stay right where you are, mate.
-我到了 等着我 -我上不去
-I’m right here, I’m coming to you. -I can’t pull myself up!
我抓住你了
I got you.
你还好吗
You Okay?
我知道攻顶时什么意外都可能发生
There’s no guarantee to the summit, I get it.
但是排个队也能摔死 这里又不是他妈的沃尔玛
But to get killed because I’m waiting in line like I’m in freaking Walmart.
我付你6万5不是为了遭受这些
That’s not why I paid you 65,000 dollars.
快带我离开这里
Now get me off of here.
就这样 一步一步走
That’s it. Plant your feet one at a time.
谢谢你们过来
All right, thanks for coming by.
今年珠峰大本营的人数太多了…
Look, Base Camp’s, you know, chockablock full this year, so,
我想大家应该…
I think it would all benefit us greatly by coming together like this
互相协调好登山的先后次序
and, you know, working out some kind of plan and schedule.
你是说作出一个时间表
What, like some kind of rota?
是的
Yes.
在珠峰上还需这样
On Everest?
大家都知道你靠珠峰赚钱 开什么玩笑 罗布
Everyone knows Everest is a business for you, Robert, are you kidding?
你又凭什么指定我们的登山时间
What gives you the right to tell us when we can climb and when we can’t?
这只是个提议 老兄
I’m not telling you, mate. I’m asking.
我们若能安排好登山次序…
If we know when everybody’s planning to summit, for instance,
就能避免像今天在冰瀑发生的意外
you know, we can avoid the chaos that happened in the icefall today.
冒险顾问队计划了在5月10号♥登山
Adventure Consultants are aiming for May 10.
-我们也是 -我们也是
-So are we, man! -Us too.
5月10号♥
May 10.
看来那天希拉里台阶会大排长龙
Okay, that’s bumper-to-bumper traffic on the Hillary Step.
这就是我的担忧
Yes, it is, that’s my point.
这是无稽之谈 我们何时攻顶你管不着
Look, this is ridiculous. We’re summiting when we want.
我们爬山不需要经过你同意
All right? And I don’t need your permission to climb the mountain.
伊恩 你有看到珠峰大本营的人数吗
Ian, have you seen how many people are here at Base Camp?
-我们说完了 走吧 -伊恩 别这样
-We’re finished here. Come on, guys. -Ian! Hey, man.
罗布
Oh, Rob!
-进来吧 -嗨
-Hi. Come in, man. -Hi.
一起喝一杯 来
Have a drink, Rob! Come on, man.
干杯

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章史蒂夫·乔布斯
下一篇文章铁拳
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!