本片故事源自真实事件
一九五三年
埃德蒙·希拉里和丹增·诺尔盖成为首批征服珠峰的登山者
以后的四十年里 只有专业登山者尝试同样的壮举
其中四分之一登山者罹难
一九九二年
新西兰的罗布·霍尔首创带领业余登山者登顶的商业团队
此后四年中 其冒险顾问队成功带领十九名客户登顶 无人死亡
一九九六年
包括斯科特·费舍尔的疯狂山峰队在内的其他商业团队
紧随罗布·霍尔的脚步
在两周内创下了超过二十次珠峰登顶记录
大家听好
Can you just listen up?
各位
Guys?
我们还有2000英尺 600米垂直的路程
We got 2,000 feet, 600 vertical meters
才抵达第四营区
to Camp Four.
一路上都有绳索 我知道你们能行的
It’s roped all the way, so I know you can make it.
一抵达黄色♥区♥域 就会重组
Once we get to the yellow band, we’re gonna regroup,
戴上氧气面罩 并开好氧气瓶
put on the masks, turn on the gas.
大家听懂了吗
Make sense?
绝命海拔
一瓶要325元
325 dollars a bottle.
六周前
-氧气瓶 -真是当街打劫
-For oxygen? -That’s daylight robbery!
新西兰 基♥督♥城
没办法 他毕竟垄断了市场
Yeah, well, he’s cornered the market, he’s got it.
他算准这季会有二十支登山队来大本营
He reckons there’s gonna be 20 teams at Base Camp this season.
二十支队伍
Twenty teams?
加上夏尔巴人与搬运工人 山上都要挤爆了
I mean, with all the Sherpas and porters, it’s gonna be a squeeze up there.
这会影响绳子的支撑力度
Well, that’s a scrum on the ropes, right there.
-这是什么 -海伦的东西
-What is this? -It’s Helen’s.
是用来布置用餐区的
It’s a little decoration for the mess tent.
-你可以戴在你的头上 -我会的 谢谢
-You can wear them in your hair. -I’ll have that. Thank you.
我有消息宣布
Okay, I got some news.
乔恩·克拉考尔选中了我们
We got Krakauer.
你抢了斯科特·费舍尔的顾客
You stole him from Scott Fischer?
-不 是他自己决定的 -干得好 罗布
-No, he made up his own mind. -Good job, Rob!
他愿意付你多少酬劳 罗布
How much is he paying you, Rob?
这个嘛 他只需自费机票…
Well, he’s only paying for his airfare.
我们就换取了杂♥志♥封面与采访
But we get 5,000 words in the magazine and our picture on the front cover. Huh?
物超所值 很棒吧
That makes it all worthwhile. Right there.
-前提是你能带他到山顶…-前提是
-Well, if you get him to the top. -If?
你对我这么没信心
If? How can you say that to me?
-来 没问题吧 -盖 谢谢你 老兄
-There you go. You all right? -Thanks, Guy. Cheers, mate.
-嗨 -哈罗
-Hey! -Hello!
-你好吗 -很好 你呢
-You all right? -Oh, yeah, how are you?
-我很好 -看看你
-Me? I’m good. -Oh, look at you!
我知道 大肚子
I know, I’m big.
-给你 -你还好吧
-Here you go. -You good?
你知道的 我会很想念你
Yeah, you know, I’m just gonna miss you.
走吧
Come on.
走吧 盖
Let’s go, Guy
小心点 好吗
Just go careful, all right?
-不然我…-拜托 亲爱的
-It’s… -Please, my love.
好啦 请别担心
Come on. Please don’t worry.
我是无所事事才会胡思乱想
It’s just the doing nothing back here that’s making me worry.
-你并没有无所事事 -是的 但是…
-You’re not doing nothing. -No, but…
什么
What?
等待你的时间特别难度过
It’s the waiting for you.
-是在等待他 -是个她
-For him. -Her.
-她 -她
-Her. -Her.
你要赶在孩子出生前回来 罗布·霍尔
Just be back for the birth, Rob Hall.
那是当然的
You try and stop me.
新西兰前往加德满都7419班机 最后登机呼叫
This is a final call for Air New Zealand Flight 7419 to Kathmandu.
-好了 我爱你 -快走 不然我要哭了
-Okay, I love you. -Go, or I’ll cry.
走吧
Go.
再见
ByeBye!
尼泊尔 加德满都
1996年3月30号♥
好的
Yeah
-你就只有这些包袱 -是的 就这些
-That all you got? -Yeah, that’s it.
我们应该往那里去
I think we’re over here.
嗨 你们是哪个团队的
Hey, what outfit you guys with?
-冒险顾问队 -好极了 我也是 我是贝克
-Uh, Adventure Consultants. -Ah, good. Me too.
-贝克·威瑟斯 -道格·汉森
-Ah. I’m Beck. Beck Weathers. -Doug Hansen.
-乔恩·克拉考尔 -你好吗
-Jon Krakauer. -How you doing?
-好 -你是…
-Good. -Are you, uh…
-户外杂♥志♥的克拉考尔 -是的
-Krakauer from Outside magazine? -Yep.
真的
Really?
你来这里干嘛 写作还是登山
What are you doing? Writing or climbing or what?
两者兼是
Little bit of both. Hmm.
我会向你报告登山后的感观
Well, I’ll let you know how the summit goes, okay?
不必了 我自己会上去
No need. I’ll be there.
等着瞧吧
Ah, we’ll see.
你不爬山的时候做些什么 道格
What do you do when you’re not climbing, Doug?
-你是指工作 -是的
-What, for work? -Yeah.
我身兼多职 木匠 邮差
Uh, different things. Carpenter, mailman.
-木匠 邮差 -没错
-Carpenter, mailman? -Yep.
-你真的会送信 -是的 我真会送信
-Seriously, you deliver the mail? -Yeah, I deliver the mail.
想当登上珠峰的邮差
Mailman on Everest?
但愿如此
Hope so.
这主意真棒
I like that.
登上珠峰的邮差
Mailman on Everest.
到了
There we go.
-贝克 -什么事
-Beck. -Yeah?
你知道他去年有爬到南峰吗
You know he made it to the South Summit on Everest last year?
-谁 道格吗 -没错
-Who, Doug did? -Yeah.
对一个邮差来说算高了
That’s pretty high for a mailman.
还有麦金利山的朗斯峰
Yep. Longs Peak, McKinley.
我从没成功登顶麦金利山
I never made it up to the top of McKinley myself.
-我知道 -你怎么会知道
-I know. -Well, how do you know that?
你在1989年爬的吧
’89, right?
你做足了功课
Oh! You’ve done your research.
这是我的本行
That’s what we do.
各位朋友 你们将踏上一些名人的足迹
You, my friends, are following in some very famous footsteps.
追随乔治·埃佛勒斯…
A history made famous by George Everest,
乔治·马洛里 丹增·诺尔盖 以及埃德蒙·希拉里
George Mallory, Tenzing Norgay, Edmund Hillary.
还有罗布·霍尔
And Rob Hall!
他们都是传奇人物
Legends all of them!
没错
That’s right.
为了勇于实现梦想的各位…
For those of you who dare face their dreams,
冒险顾问队将会提供无法用言语形容的体验
Adventure Consultants offers something beyond the power of words to describe.
这些体验为什么没写在手册里
And why don’t we describe it in the brochure?
因为那大多数会是痛苦的体验
Because it’s mostly just pain.
-是的 -一点都没错
-Yes. -Ain’t that the truth?
还可能会发生什么事 麦克
And the odd, if you don’t mind, Mike,
可能会少了只脚趾
and the odd missing toe.
就这样
There we go.
简单来说 人体的结构不适合…
To put it simply, guys, human beings
处在747飞机巡航的高度
simply aren’t built to function at the cruising altitude of a 747.
我们一到达南坳…
Okay, once we get above here, above the South Col
身体就会呈现接近死亡的状态
our bodies will be literally dying. And I mean literally dying.
这地方毕竟被称为死亡地带
It’s not called the Death Zone for nothing, guys.
所以关键是…
So the game is,
我们能否安全的带你们…
can we get you up to the top and down to the bottom
登上山峰又返回山下
before that happens?
你肯定能
You sure can.
先生女士们 这是贝克·威瑟斯
Oh, Beck Weathers, ladies and gentlemen.
你们可能已经发现他是德州来的
You might have noticed a bit of the Lone Star State?
我是德州人 土生土长的德州人
100% Texan right here, people. 100% Texan.
你们已经会见了麦克·格如
You’ve met Mike Groom.
我想给各位介绍安迪·哈里斯
I’d like to introduce you to Andy Harris.
-请叫我哈罗德 -我们是来自皇后镇的向导
-Or Harold. -Our other guide out of Queenstown.
严格来说是来自塔拉纳基区 大家好[毛利土语]
Taranaki, actually, originally. Kia ora.
海伦与其他队员 正在前往珠峰大本营的途中
Helen and the rest of the team are already on the way up to Base Camp.
他们会在我们抵达前布置好场地
They’re setting it up for when we get there.
今天是3月30号♥ 各位
Today’s March 30, people.
我预计在5月10号♥登上高峰
I plan on going for the summit May 10.
那是我和冒险顾问队的幸运日期

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章史蒂夫·乔布斯
下一篇文章铁拳
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!