很正常
Naturally.
他们只想带着大笔黄金回家 可我看到了未来 赫菲斯提安
They want only to return to their homes, rich with gold. But I’ve seen the future.
我一千次地看到它 每一次都不同
I’ve seen it now 1000 times, on 1000 faces.
这些人♥民♥想要
These people want…
需要改变
Need change.
亚里士多德误解了他们 怎么?
Aristotle was wrong about them. How so?
看看这些我们征服的人
Look at those we’ve conquered.
他们让死去的人暴尸荒野
They leave their dead unburied.
他们敲开敌人的头骨当杯子用
They smash their enemies’ skulls and drink them as dust.
他们在大庭广众之下性♥交♥
They mate in public.
既然他们没人识字 又怎么可能思考歌♥唱写作?
What can they think or sing or write when none can read?
可作为亚历山大的部队 他们可以到从没想过的地方去
But as Alexander’s army, they can go where they never thought possible.
他们可以成为士兵 在城市里工作
They can soldier or work in the cities.
从埃及到海边的亚历山大城
The Alexandrias, from Egypt to the outer ocean.
赫菲斯提安 我们可以把这些土地…
We could connect these lands, Hephaistion…
和人♥民♥都连成一片
…and the people.
有人说 这些亚历山大城…正成为亚历山大本人的延伸
Some say these Alexandrias have become extensions of Alexander himself.
人们被赶进这些城里当奴隶
They draw people into the cities to make slaves of them.
可我们从波斯统治下解放了他们 原本在波斯居住的每个人都是奴隶
But we freed them, Hephaistion, from the Persia where everyone lived as slaves.
解放全世界的人♥民♥
To free the people of the world…
这光荣将会超越阿喀琉斯…超越赫拉克勒斯
…such would be beyond the glory of Achilles, beyond Herakles…
可以和普罗米修斯相媲美
…a feat to rival Prometheus…
他一直是人类的朋友
…who was always a friend to man.
你要记住这些英雄的命运
Remember the fates of these heroes.
他们饱经巨大的苦难 我们也在受难
They suffered greatly. We all suffer.
你父亲我父亲…
Your father, mine.
他们的时代都结束了
They all came to the end of their time.
一切结束时 重要的是你做了什么
And in the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done.
你曾说过:死亡的恐惧驱迫着所有人
You once said, “The fear of death drives all men.”
就没有其它力量了吗?
Are there no other forces?
你的人生中没有爱吗?
Is there not love in your life…
亚历山大?
…Alexander?
如果你真的到达了世界的尽头…你还能做什么?
What would you do if you ever reached the end of the world?
我就回过头来 征服另一半
I’d turn back and conquer its opposite.
有时我真怀疑 你是否在逃避你母亲
I wonder sometimes if it’s not your mother you run from.
你逃了这么多年 这么远的路
So many years, so many miles between you.
到底在害怕什么?
What is it you fear?
谁知道
Who knows these things?
我小时候 我母亲认为我非凡 我父亲却觉得我软弱
When I was a child, my mother thought me divine. My father, weak.
我是哪种人 赫菲斯提安
Which am I, Hephaistion?
非凡还是软弱?
Weak or divine?
我只知道
All I know is…
在这世上我只信任你
…I trust only you in this world.
我思念你
I’ve missed you.
我需要你
I need you.
我爱的人是你 赫菲斯提安
It is you I love, Hephaistion.
不是别人
No other.
你就是我关心的一切
You’re everything I care for…
阿佛洛狄忒的甜蜜气息为证
…and by the sweet breath of Aphrodite…
我非常嫉妒你想要的世界会夺走你
…l’m so jealous of losing you to this world you want.
你永远不会失去我 赫菲斯提安
You’ll never lose me, Hephaistion.
我会永远和你在一起
I’ll be with you always.
直到最后
Till the end.
(波斯东北部公元前329年-327年)
波斯东北部的战斗
The campaign in the northeast of Persia…
演变成为持续近三年的艰苦游击战
… turned into a hard guerrilla war of almost three years.
我们把大流士赶到大夏
We chased Darius towards Bactria…
但是就差一点点就抓住他
… but missed taking him by hours.
我们找到他时…他已经快死了 陛下
He was dying when we found him, sire.
他向我们要水喝
He asked for water.
喝了水就死了
He drank and died.
大流士大帝死在自己的指挥官手上
The Great King Darius had been betrayed by his own commanders.
厚葬他的尸体以后
Fully honoring his corpse…
亚历山大追赶着那些指挥官…进入未知地域
… Alexander hunted down these commanders into unknown lands…
甚至渡过奥克苏斯河 进入了索格地亚纳
… crossing even beyond the River Oxus into Sogdia.
我们最远在锡西厄和他们作战
We fought them as far as the unknown steppes of Scythia…
那是只有传说中的英雄到过的地方
… where only legendary heroes had once trod.
侦查兵说我们…到了欧洲和亚洲的交界处
The surveyors told us we were now on the borders of where Europe and Asia meet.
实际上 我们完全迷失了方向
In fact, we were totally lost.
亚历山大在这里…建立了第十座亚历山大城
Here, Alexander founded his 10th Alexandria…
安置了老兵他们的女人…和那些敢于镇守边防的人
… and settled it with veterans, their women and any who would dare the frontier life.
由于不能接受任何形式的失败
Unable to accept defeat in any form…
亚历山大坚持要击败…任何一个抵抗的部落
… Alexander persisted in breaking every tribe that resisted…
直到有一天 他收到了最后一个…投降的敌军头目的人头
… until the day he received the head of his last enemy who’d surrendered.
在亚历山大看来…亚洲的王位不容有人觊觎
For Alexander, there could be no pretender to the throne of Asia…
这包括了索格地亚纳和大夏地区
… which now included all of Sogdia and Bactria.
(大夏 巴克特里亚)
It was here that he made one of his most mysterious decisions.
十年来 他母亲一直催促他…娶一位马其顿淑女 结果…
Ten years after his mother’s insistence he marry a Macedonian…
通过我们的联姻…
Through our union…
希腊人与蛮族…
…Greek and barbarian…
将共享和平
…may be reconciled in peace.
世界上权力最大的男人…娶了一个没什么政♥治♥背景的女子
… the most powerful man in the world took a girl of no political significance.
为什么?
Why?
有人说是为了和部落结盟
Some say it was for alliance with the tribes.
有人说是为了满足成功的欲望
Others, the desire for a successor.
有人说亚历山大陷入了真正的恋爱
And yet others said Alexander truly fell in love.
罗克珊娜是什么样的人
Who Roxane really was…
我们中间没有一个人…看透过她那双深潭般的眼睛
… i doubt that any of us ever saw further than the pools of those black eyes.
在这辉煌的时刻
On this glorious occasion…
我提议为我们伟大军队干杯 他们作出了太多贡献
…I toast this great army that has given so much.
为了向你们中间…从七年前就跟随我们的人表示敬意
And in honor of them, those of you who set out with us seven long years ago…
我宣布 将用国库的钱…为你们偿还所有债务
…I pronounce all your debts paid forthwith from the royal treasury.
亚历山大万岁!
Praise Alexander!
为了向我的新娘表示敬意
And in honor of my bride…
我美丽的新娘
…my beautiful bride…
我们会承认和我们共同度过…这漫漫征程的妇女们
…we recognize the many women who’ve shared the long road with us…
赋予她们体面的婚姻和相当的嫁妆
…and grant them dowries befitting a proper marriage.
那我们的男孩们呢?
And what about our boys?
最后
And lastly…
最后 诸神要求我们
…lastly, the gods demand no less of us…
至少在我们的保护下 你们的孩子将会得到…
…that your children be given a proper Greek education…
体面的希腊式教育和军事训练
…and military training under our protection…
作为我们帝国将来在亚洲的新士兵
…so as to be the new soldiers of our kingdom…
作为新士兵
…in Asia.
你父亲在坟墓里肯定也不能安息的 到头来 居然是一个蛮族头头的女儿
Your father must be turning in his grave. After all this time, a hill chief’s daughter.
这种乡下婚礼 你能称其为合法婚姻?
You call this tribal wedding legitimate?
你忘了我父亲也娶了一个蛮族王后?
Do you forget my father took a barbarian as his queen?
是的 但没人说那桩婚姻幸福美满
Yes, but few would call it a profoundly happy marriage.
问题是 亚历山大 她是个俘虏
But what’s the point, Alexander? She’s your captive.
让她当你的情妇吧
Just take her as your concubine.
因为我想要个儿子 见你的鬼 菲洛塔斯
Because I want a son. Damn you, Philotas.
那你的贵族们一半都有姐妹 能成为优秀的马其顿母亲
Then half your nobles have sisters who’d make fine Macedonian mothers.
让一个亚洲人做我的王后 而不是俘虏
To take an Asian as my queen, not a captive…
这表示我尊重我们的臣民
…is a sign of respect for our subjects.
这能促进我们的统一
It will bring us together, unify us.
并不表示我将来…不会再娶一个马其顿妻子
Which is not to say I won’t take a Macedonian.
作为侧室? 这是对马其顿的侮辱
As a second wife? You insult Macedonia.
我们的人♥民♥永远不会承认…她的儿子是国王
Never will our people accept this girl’s son as king.
发现自己的丈夫全娶了蛮族老婆 他们已经够生气了
They’ll be angry enough to find out their husbands all have second wives in Barbaria.
那他们会学着接受
Then they’ll learn!
雅典娜作证 这女孩子很有性格
By Athena’s justice, this girl has spirit.
她会生个勇敢的儿子
She’ll breed a brave son.
亚历山大!
Alexander!
事关帝国的尊严
This is about the honor of our kingdom.
完全正确 这有什么好处 亚历山大?
Exactly. What can be won, Alexander?
我们来亚洲是为惩罚他们的罪孽 我们已经做到了
We’re in Asia to punish them for their crimes. We’ve achieved that.
我们已经离家七年 在一个又一个偏远的地区间漂泊
Seven years from home, now we drift from one far region to another…
马其顿人流血牺牲 追逐游民和盗匪…
…chasing nomads and bandits when Macedonia bleeds its manpower.
为了什么? 为了在亚洲修路?
For what? To build roads in Asia?
为了给这些人建造城市? 还让他们建立军队?
To give these people cities? And now make an army of them?
建造城市和开疆拓土…可不是漂泊 帕曼纽

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!